Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1522893 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1086872 Feb 26, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Lois Lerner opted to not give any information to Congress to avoid giving information as evidence of her involvement in the commission of a crime, right?
What crime was committed that Lois Lerner didn't want to incriminate herself of?
not necessarily she was just smart enough to get out of the way of a political witch hunt...

i would do the same even if i had committed no crime. you can't win in a situation like that.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1086873 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>thank you for proving my point about your ignorance.
you know after i have proved your sources wrong time after time you'd think you'd learn to not believe them anymore.
you were told no protestors at teh Cairo embassy were there protesting the video. i gave yo interviews with them. you said no one had watched the video. i gave you proof that was wrong. you said they had not found chemical weapons in Syria yet. i showed you reports of them already shipped out and destroyed...
why do you continue to believe these people that openly lie to you. the list you gave seemed to compiled by the worst of your crackpots...some of the looniest shit i have ever seen...
why are you such a shitty citizen? don't you even care about your own nation?
You forgot to mention that CNN had a news crew in Cairo because they knew there would be PLANNED demonstrations.
You forgot to mention that CNN's Nick Roberts recorded interviews all day, and EVERYONE interveiwed stated the demonstrations were to put pressure on the United States to release the blind shiek from prison.
You forgot to mention that the video had a grand total of 17 hits from around the world before Obama named it in the his lie about a spontaneous demonstration that never happened.

You can watch Nick Robert's interviews if you like. Why wouldn't you want to know the truth? Do you think Nick Roberts is part of a conspiracy to lie to the world?

St. Croix valley

#1086874 Feb 26, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Spam.
actually, a factual recount of past events that you can actually see on these very pages if you cared about the truth..

but i know you don't you only care about parroting what you can't understand...

wanna cracker? or a tissue?

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1086875 Feb 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"What difference does it make?" if a radical Muslim group is al Qaeda or not.......
accuracy???

Benghazi was likely attacked by local militia.

Different groups have different agendas.

Grouping them all as Al Qaeda is just being ignorant.
dem

United States

#1086876 Feb 26, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Let's try this again.
To answer the post, you have to put a number in your post.

What is your estimate of how many people will lose their health insurance when the employer mandate is made effective?
The lowest estimates are 50 milion.
Morning, little commie jagoff.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1086877 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, Chris, any good attorney tells their client to take the 5th especially faced by the lying POS hypocrite car thief Issa.
The IRS was at the White House pertaining to their roll with the ACA.
My God Fletch, pull your head out of your ass every now & then & look around.
So, Lois Lerner's attorney advised her to not help the Congress of the United States investigate a matter the Congress deemed important enough to convene an investigation, right?
ObamaKare.
THE DEBIL

Chantilly, VA

#1086878 Feb 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
“Our civil rights have no dependence upon our religious opinions more than our opinions in physics or geometry.”
Thomas Jefferson
WHY YOU EVEN BOTHER WITH THIS CLOWN, HE NOT LOOKIN' FO' A DISCUSSION? YOU KNOW THAT... HERE, DO THIS INSTEAD: GO OUT BACK AN' ROLL YOURSELF A BIG SLOPPY WHITISH SNOWBALL... THA'S IT... THA'S IT... NOW SET THE SNOWBALL ON TOP OF A PILE OF BIG BLACK BOWLIN' BALLS.... UH-HUH... NOW GET A SHOTGUN AND BLOW THE FUCKIN' SNOWBALL OFF THE TOP OF THE BLACK BOWLIN' BALLS IT RESTIN' ON... YUP, THAT IT... K, THAT ENOUGH PRACTICE, NOW YOU HEAD OUT TO BUMFUCK TEXAS AN' YOU DO THE SAME THING TO THE FIRS' WHITE BOY YOU SEE RIDIN' DOWN THE HIGHWAY WIT HIS BLACK GANG OF BROTHERS ON THEY POWERFUL MACHINES... IT THE ONLY WAY...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1086879 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> no, no i don't. credible estimates do not say that...
To answer the post, you have to put a number in your post. Try again.
You have a severe problem reading and comprehending the written English language. Here is the question again. Try to answer it this time.
What is your estimate of how many people will lose their health insurance when the employer mandate is made effective?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1086880 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>actually, a factual recount of past events that you can actually see on these very pages if you cared about the truth..
I'll take a fly swatter for you!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1086881 Feb 26, 2014
O'Reilly keeps reminding me why I'm a #1 fan for the past 14 years.

Twice in the past week, he has focused on the Benghazi cover up, the second time going so far as to say it would be a "subversion of democracy" if, in fact, Panetta used the word "terrorist" when briefing Obama that night about the attack. He didn't skirt around the implications of what that would mean if true. He narrowed in on Panetta twice as being the "key" to blowing this cover up wide open. His guest, Karl Rove, pointed out that Michael Morrell is the real "key" to testify before Congress first to weaken the pedestal. It was Morrell, the former Deputy Director of the CIA, who got his orders from someone in the WH to change the facts about that night leading to the deception and cover up. Morrell has since resigned from his position and now has a cushy job within the Hillary Clinton camp.

Again, this is the second time within a fairly short timeframe O'Reilly has honed in on Panetta - and now Morrell - as being the two men who know the truth and could expose a major cover up without holding back on the implications and consequences if proven.

I have no doubt it will keep coming up.

Last night, O'Reilly then turned his attention on Obama cutting military and defense spending. He point-blank asked his guest, Ambassador John Bolton, "Do you believe the President of the United States is actively trying to diminish the power of this nation?" (Due to his own ideology of "soft power".) Bolton didn't hesitate to reply. He said, "Yes, how else do you defend his defense budget?" Bolton continued. "Obama believes a less strong nation is a more provocative nation - which is the main view of academia today".

So, basically, we have an ivory tower, ivy league academic in the WH flying by the seat of his pants posing as our CIC trying to diminish this great nation without any real grasp of the real world or real leadership - not that this is news or anything.

But to make things even worse, the mainstream media would rather kiss his ring and betray us instead of those who hold power over us.

Great...

But kudos to O'Reilly. Keep it coming, Bill.

(Sorry if this posted twice....)

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1086882 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>actually, a factual recount of past events that you can actually see on these very pages if you cared about the truth..
Would you be referencing these factual events in US history?

The United States was the first nation created where the people are not subjects of any government, and the government is a subject of the people.
The people of the United States are guaranteed the right to speak their mind, have a free press, choose their own religion, arm themselves and defend their own individual rights, are free from the government spying on them without evidence of a crime, and can have their life or property taken from them only by due process of law.
(fast forward to the last half of the 20th century)
The Democrats begin the Cold War with the conviction of Alger Hiss while spying for the enemy of the United States.
The Democrats openly join the enemy of the United States during the Cold War.
The Democrats invent a system of lies about Vietnam to slander the veterans and country, and indoctrinate the entire country with it.
The Democrats invent a system of lies about the Cold War front in Central America and indoctrinate the coutry with it.
9/11
The Democrats support the front in Iraq in the war the Arab Islamists started.
The Democrats invent a system of lies about the war the Arab Islamist terrorists started and indoctrinate the country with it.
The Democrats obtain the Presidency and use the office of President to rebel against the Constitutional Republic of the United States.
The Democrats install a dictatorship where the President writes his own laws to suit political whim.
The Democrats join the enemy in the war the Arab Islamist terrorists started and sabotage Afghanistan and Iraq.
The Democrats give Arab Islamist terrorists in Saudi Arabia "special traveller" status to enter United States without scrutiny.
The Democrats give visas to terrorists with "limited" known contact with known terrorists groups.
I'm sure there are other events you can add to this abreviated list.

Blain, PA

#1086883 Feb 26, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a severe problem reading and comprehending the written English language. Here is the question again. Try to answer it this time.
Show me all these people who had good insurance before the ACA & can't get it now.

Insurers cancel (end) policies all the time & replace them with updated policies.

It happens to employers all the time.

The idea you f*ckjobs think that is losing insurance just shows how uninformed you are.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1086884 Feb 26, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning, little commie jagoff.
Wrong post. DumbDave was the posts above, nitwit!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1086885 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
accuracy???
Benghazi was likely attacked by local militia.
Different groups have different agendas.
Grouping them all as Al Qaeda is just being ignorant.
The Al Qaeda terrorists that planned and executed the attack say Al Qaeda planned and executed the attack, moron.
The President of Libya interrogated 50 Al Qaeda and said Al Qaeda planned and executed the attack, dupe.

Why would anyone believe any report from any "investigation" by this Democrat-controlled Senate after the f**ked up this investigation so badly?

St. Croix valley

#1086886 Feb 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most places do not require a college degree......
cops are not stupid, just bullies and control freaks....
they follow their training, regardless of the law.....
you certainly have a ship on yoru shoulder teh size of Rhode Island when it comes to law enforcement officials...why is that?

funny how us law abiding citizens have no such chip, it is always those that ran afoul of the law by their own deeds that act like you....

Blain, PA

#1086887 Feb 26, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Qaeda said Al Qaeda planned and executed the attack.
The President of Libya arrested (round down to 40, round up to...) 50 Al Qaeda and interrogated them, and he said Al Qaeda planned and executed the attack.
So, explain to us how a Senate investigation can be so fucked up it missed this.
Also, since the "investigations" in a Democrat-controlled Senate is so obviously fucked up, why should anyone believe anything from any investigation of a Democrat-controlled Senate?
Would that report be part of the conspiracy to hide the facts and regurgitate the Obama lie to cover up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
You are lying again.

The President of Libya interviewed 40 ( Not 50) people ( not Al Qaeda).

The President of Libya did not say Al Qaeda planned or carried out the attack.

You are lying.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1086888 Feb 26, 2014
lol! Stupid reich wingers just can't pass up a chance to grand stand.

No wonder they believe they should be crowned!

"Feb 26, 7:43 AM EST

Jindal defends criticism of Obama economic policy
AP Photo
AP Photo/Charles Dharapak
Politics Video

WASHINGTON (AP)-- Gov. Bobby Jindal is defending his harsh criticism of President Barack Obama within yards of the Oval Office, saying "in America we don't have a king."

The Republican was criticized by a Democratic governor Monday after Jindal emerged with others from a meeting with Obama and said the president "seems to be waving the white flag of surrender" on the economy.

Jindal tells MSNBC Wednesday the White House "belongs to the people" and he had a duty to speak his mind.

During Monday's remarks by governors in the White House driveway after the meeting with Obama, Connecticut Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy took over the microphone from Jindal and responded sharply. Malloy told reporters, quote, "Wait a second, until a few moments ago we were going down a pretty cooperative road."
THE DEBIL

Chantilly, VA

#1086889 Feb 26, 2014
THE NOTION THAT THE RIFT BETWEEN FOLKS ON ALL SIDES OF THE "POLITICAL" SPECTRUM IN THE U.S. GON' BE HEALED BY CHAT IS SILLY. IF OUR L'IL BITTY COUPLA HUNDRED YEARS OF HISTORY TEACH US ANYTHING, IT CERTAINLY THAT. WE A NATION OF L'IL BOYS, FO' GOODNESS SAKES. WE GOT NUTHIN' TO FIGHT OVER WE MAKE SUMTHIN' UP. LES' JUS' CUT TO THE CHASE: DEBIL TAKE HIS NEIGHBORHOOD AN' EVERYBODY ELSE TAKE THEIRS. START WITH THE GRANDBABIES... HIT 'EM WHERE IT HURTS... THEY TRYIN' TO LIVE FO'EVER AFTER ALL... YOU TAKE OUT THEY LEGACY YOU CUT 'EM OFF AT THE KNEES... LEAVE 'EM SOBBIN' HOPELESSLY ON THE CURB OVER THE STEAMIN' BODIES AN' THEN ALL YOU GOT IS A SIMPLE GRAMMY, GRANPA MOP-UP OPERATION... C'MON, LES' GO GET THIS DONE... DON' LES' DRAG IT OUT...
THE DEBIL

Chantilly, VA

#1086890 Feb 26, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Al Qaeda terrorists that planned and executed the attack say Al Qaeda planned and executed the attack, moron.
The President of Libya interrogated 50 Al Qaeda and said Al Qaeda planned and executed the attack, dupe.
Why would anyone believe any report from any "investigation" by this Democrat-controlled Senate after the f**ked up this investigation so badly?
YADA, YADA, YADA, WHO CARES? NOW DO YOU GRANBABIES RIDE THE BUS OR YOU DRIVE 'EM TO CATLICK SCHOOL IN THE SIDECAR?
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1086891 Feb 26, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
?I NO 'RICHERAL.. I A COCKEREL. TELL VICKI TO STOP TRYIN' TO MAKE DISTINCTIONS SHE NOT INTELLECTUALLY CAPABLE OF MAKIN' AN' TO GET BUSY IRONIN' MY PANTS LIKE A GOOD REPUBLICUNT,
Richerals are hyocrites.

Barack Obama came to Fresno last week to address the drought. He did not mention the diversions over the last five yearsof precious irrigation water out to sea. Nor did he talk of any possible funding to build new mountain reservoirs.

Instead, he talked mostly of climate change and some new federal loans to address it. We were to assume that both the record cold, ice, and snow back east (that the president fled from) and the record lack of rain here in the West were due to man-made global warming. In terms of “climate change” reductionism, anything counts — a drought or a monsoon, ice or fire, the doldrums or hurricanes, occurring on average, below average, or above average.

In other words, for Obama the drought was sort of like pushing radical new gun control laws in reaction to the Sandy Hook shooting tragedy: another occasion to demagogue a political agenda that most likely has nothing to do with addressing the problem at hand.

After Obama talked of carbon footprints, the HUGE Air Force One JET flew down to Rancho Mirage — an oasis whose greenery hinges on two facts:

1) it sits in a desert that even with recycled water would revert to its natural arid desolation without tapping a declining aquifer and Colorado River water;

2) and a vast amount of energy is needed to pump water to scores of artificial golf courses.

Exhausted after warning about droughts and global warming, the president then spent the three-day weekend on the Palm Springs regional links.

What goes through the president’s mind?

Whether golfing at Rancho Mirage or vacationing at Martha’s Vineyard, Obama rarely worries much about the ramifications of his own ideology, whose consequences always fall upon others.

Obama's idea of climate change is irrelevant to those in need of a job welding on the Keystone pipeline, or to those paying over $3.80 a gallon to drive to the fields, over vast untapped natural gas and petroleum beneath one’s feet.

What was John Kerry thinking when he lectured Indonesians about climate change?

Might he have calculated the .001% lifestyle that he enjoys from the Heinz fortune twice removed, and all the carbon-spewing appurtenances — speedboats, SUVs, luxury cars, private jets — that he indulges in?

Is the logic that Indonesians better watch their smoky footprints, but I, Mr. Kerry, need not, because those who care the most for others need “down time” if they are to be effective?

What would happen if every Indonesian had a speedboat like Kerry?

What goes through the mind of an Al Gore? Does he ever wake up and muse,“My God, I just made millions through the con of selling a broke cable network to a dictatorship in the Middle East, desperate for entry into the U.S. TV market to spread its hate-filled Islamist and anti-Semitic propaganda”?

Or, in an afterthought, does Gore think,“Green God in Heaven, I almost beat the new capital gains tax-rate raise, but at least the buyer won’t renege on the price, given that al Jazeera is funded by billions of petrodollars and a thriving business of hawking carbon fuels that I hate "?

Does Gore believe that he needs those tens of millions of dollars to fly on a private jet and to drive in a huge SUV to better spread the gospel that gas and oil are bad? Without such cash and appurtenances, such as his houses and boats, would he sulk, and therefore be less effective in helping us wean ourselves off fuel he uses to the nth degree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 51 min SheDefinitelyPissed 9
Scary Obituary 56 min The Shadow Knows 14
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,593
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 240,370
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Resist 105,136
last post wins! (Apr '13) 7 hr honeymylove 2,466
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 11 hr Hate Apathy 16

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages