Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 49,876)

Showing posts 997,501 - 997,520 of1,071,114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

how will I know...Whitney Houston sang...

so...how will we know what the GHG levels are for corn based fuel burns in automobiles?

we won't....

Corn ethanol exempt from RFS...

Renewable Fuel Standards....

'...since most corn ethanol is not subject to the greenhouse gas reduction standards...'

http://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

gubbymint had to step in to make corn fuel competitive against evil oil....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The harm rom CO2 emissions if the greenhouse effect & global warming.
no proof of this, other than polls of so-called scientists....
Patrick n Angela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There comes a point where you sometimes have to give up. Doesn't matter how many times I try to convince you Jesus never taught us to give to Cesar to decide who gets what - especially when Cesar was a corrupt politician - you insist big government should forcibly take our money and be our collective conscience when big government is just as corrupt as Cesar.
The scriptures beseech us to be responsible for ourselves and our families so as not to be a burden on others and to work diligently to have money to share with others out of our own pockets and our own compassion - not taken by Cesar who doesn't care if raising taxes is spent on the lazy or the truly needy - but just places a bigger burden on hardworking citizens.
But you go ahead and believe what you want to believe and I will too. Deal?
You favor Anne Rand over Jesus with your Bible Quotes.
You buy into secular materialism
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

(DEBIL REACH OVER AN' GENTLY PULL LEO INTO HIS ARMS. SHE RESIST A L'IL, BUT NOT MUCH AN' IN THE END SCOOT HER BOTTOM OVER NEXT TO HIS AN', IF IT CAN BE SAID A WOMAN PURRS, SHE PURRS A L'IL.)

DEBIL: "YOU THINK I EVER GON' NOT LOVE YOU NO MO'? YOU THINK I EVER GON' NOT WANT YOU LIKE THE SEA WANTS THE SAND?"

(LEO JUST SMILE AN' SNUGGLE UP CLOSER TO DEBIL LEAVIN' HIM UNANSWERED IN THE COURSE OF THE PLAY YET AGAIN...)
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

COASTAL HECATE wrote:
We typed almost the same sentiments at the same time again. WEIRD!
DON' CALL ME WEIRD! AIN'T IT BAD ENOUGH I GOT TALK TO LICE?
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

COASTAL HECATE wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it didn't take long, because ... you didn't. What he did was to draw out the inner pettybitch in you, by ripping off your "costome," ripping off the buttons, one by one, until he got to the padding in your jockstrap. You're a scared little girl who can't make her mind up about what she wants to wear to go out. You're also waaaaay to prissy to be a guiy, although I must admit, this place reeks of them. "GET HIM OFF ME! GET HIM OFF ME! WHEW, LUCKY I MADE A FOOL OF THIS GUY BEFORE IT WENT ANY FURTHER. OH GOD, HE'S PUTTING IT IN ME AGAIN ...
YOU KNOW YOU LIKE IT... STOP SCREAMIN' ALREADY...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
What Cold? Earth Had Its Fourth-Warmest January
Continuing the nearly 29-year streak of above-average global monthly temperatures, January came in as the fourth-warmest such month on record, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). This makes it the warmest January since 2007, NOAA said, and was the 38th-straight January with a global temperature above the 20th century average.
The global warmth came in stark contrast to the “polar vortex” induced conditions the eastern U.S. and Canada experienced, as well as the cold and stormy conditions in the UK and parts of Russia. Unusually high temperatures elsewhere more than compensated for these cold regions. For example, Southern Hemisphere land temperatures were the highest on record for the month.
In other words, it may have been cold where you were, but globally, the planet’s hot streak continues unabated. If February's global average temperature comes in above the 20th century average, it would make 29 years since the last below average month. Not only that, but increasing odds of an El Niño event occurring by the end of the summer means that global average surface temperatures may vault to record levels by late this year and into 2015.
http://mashable.com/2014/02/20/earth-fourth-w...
FOXbot says 'It's cold outside! What global warming?'.
seems the FOXbot bubble is very small.
NOAA is political, just like the rest of the government, and can manipulate data to produce any desired result. The unfortunate thing is that their credibility is destroyed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Parrots and the future of blended fuels.....

"More alarmingly, corn ethanol is unlikely to ever meet the 20 percent reduction threshold in the RFS2."

http://libcloud.s3.amazonaws.com/93/2c/d/514/...

FOE...

'The world's largest grassroots environmental network with 76 national member groups '

'Friends of the Earth strives for a more healthy and just world. We understand that the challenges facing our planet call for more than half measures, so we push for the reforms that are needed, not merely the ones that are politically easy. Sometimes, this involves speaking uncomfortable truths to power and demanding more than people think is possible. It's hard work. But the pressures facing our planet and its people are too important for us to compromise.

We are members of Friends of the Earth International, a global network representing more than two million activists in 74 different countries. In the United States, we advocate in the halls of Congress, in state capitals, and with community groups around the country. With offices in Washington, D.C., and Berkeley, CA, and members in all 50 states, we urge policymakers to defend the environment and work towards a healthy environment for all people.'

http://www.foe.org/
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
We may be running out of current changes and/or problems in our government to talk about - even though there's plenty to rehash that hasn't been resolved - but it's the silence coming out of Washington D.C. these days that's making us a little more antsy.
It's almost March 1. Has anyone heard any recent updates about Obamacare or any press conferences to keep us informed since the debacle last fall or any news about the millions who lost their insurance or how many have signed up to keep this thing afloat?
Out of the 3 million who signed up, are more of them takers or givers?
Seems odd we've hardly heard a peep about Obamcare for 2 months. Has the privacy and security issues been completely resolved? Are insurance companies now getting accurate information from everyone?
Are enough young and healthy signing up yet?
Not a peep. But a lot of crickets.
if the news was good, the propaganda machine would be beating the drums....

the total silence indicates that the situation is desperate....

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Regan was a successful governor of California for two terms and was a political public speaker for years leading up to entering politics.
No comparison to Arnold finishing his last movie and suddenly deciding governing was like another movie role.
and just what did Ronnie do that was so great when he was POTUS?

lay the foundation for Al Qaeda when he armed and trained the Mujahideen

got 241 Marines, Sailors and soldiers killed in Lebanon

tripled the national deficit

spent billions on a boondoggle called SDI

took away Veteran benefits from servicemen

trained and supported ruthless terrorists in Soutth America

supported the terrorist backing state of Iran, selling arms and munitions to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard

so which one was his crowning achievement...maybe it was having the highest number of administration officials brought up on charges
George K

Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Obama draws another ‘Red’ line, and tells Ukraine not to cross it,(Please) someone take the Magic Marker out of his hand before he hurts Himself!!
Obama has a New World Disorder

Around the world, there’s no good news. As it continues its savage bombardment of civilians, Syria shows no signs of keeping its promise to destroy its chemical weapons.

As Ukraine neared a civil war, its military leader refused for more than a week to return phone calls from US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel.

Iran insists negotiations over its nuclear program will not involve its ballistic missiles. One official took a dig at President Obama, saying the missiles are a “red line.”

Welcome to global disorder. You know America’s power is waning when the mullahs mock our empty threats.

The bad guys have figured out that “leading from behind” isn’t leading at all. Russia’s Vladimir Putin is acting like a grandmaster of chess while Obama stumbles at checkers. But never mind, at least Obama is "flexible." Maybe he does a backbend while he moves his checkers.

But Obama’s fecklessness offers one advantage — it’s easier to see why he keeps bullying Israel.

The tiny Jewish state gets singled out because nobody else listens to America anymore. Once the Israelis figure that out, we’ll really be alone.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
News Flash: Illegal aliens do not collect welfare. Nugent wants to deport American citizens.
1. How do you know that illegal aliens do not collect welfare?

2. Aliens unable to support themselves should be deported (or not admitted to begin with).

3. Government benefits should be restricted to American citizens.
Patrick n Angela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
Just one last attempt to reach Patrick, aka Angela...there was a much better way to reform health care and entitlement programs and still provide a much needed safety net by repairing the ever-widening holes to catch the truly needy - not manipulators and abusers of a broken system encouraged by poor leadership and power hungry corrupt politicians at our expense.
"holes to catch the truly needy - not manipulators and abusers of a broken system encouraged by poor leadership and power hungry corrupt politicians at our expense...

Atheist secular materialism .....
Patrick n Angela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor has a nicer ring to it...
{sounds of man adjusting neck tie}
—Arizona Governor Jan Brewer said today that she was reluctant to sign an anti-gay “religious freedom” bill passed by the Arizona state legislature this week, telling reporters,“I believe that bigotry and hatred should be free of government regulation.”

She said that while many Arizona business owners currently enjoy employing hateful practices,“I worry that if big government gets involved, that’ll ruin everything.”

“Don’t get me wrong—I think the anti-gay bill that the legislature passed was well-meaning,” she said.“All I’m saying is, let’s leave it to the private sector.”

Offering an example, she added,“Look at how Obamacare has messed up health care. I’d hate to pass a new law that results in government wrecking bigotry.”

But Governor Brewer got some pushback today from Republican legislator Harland Dorrinson, who told reporters, "I’m as opposed to big government as anyone. But promoting hate-based bias is one area where I believe government has an important role to play.”

For her part, Governor Brewer remains unconvinced by that argument. Noting that the current system of hatred and bigotry in place in Arizona has worked well for decades, she said,“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

science is king!

But it takes a social scientist to make the science digestible...

bow down an worship the science!

religion is baloney....throw it out with the bath water!!!!

"...overall production and use of ethanol was projected to result in increases in the pollutant concentration ... Those projected air-quality effects from ethanol fuel would be more damaging to human health that those from gasoline use."

National Academy of Sciences (2011), Renewable Fuel Standard: Potential Economic and Environmental Effects of US Biofuels Policy, at 246.[Hereinafter NAS].

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if the news was good, the propaganda machine would be beating the drums....
the total silence indicates that the situation is desperate....
My sentiments exactly.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
"Chrysler Reinstates 13 Workers Caught Smoking Marijuana And Drinking While On Break"
http://wcrz.com/chrysler-reinstates-13-worker...
that's what unions are for.....

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>go away lying scumm...go pretend you are a soldier.
i am not going to give you the city council and school board i worked on...i might as well broadcast my name and credit card number on these pages..
you showed your true nature once again, little scum...slither along now...
"mdbuilder"
You must remember "woodendick000" is very modest. He failed to mention that he is an authority on every subject. In addition to having served on city councils and school boards the boy president, nobama seeks out his advice on a wide range of topics. You should be in awe that a boy of "woodendicks" intellect wastes his time on this thread. You should feel honored.
You can tell "woodendick000" knows all, he knows you never served in the military.
Peace

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
You favor Anne Rand over Jesus with your Bible Quotes.
You buy into secular materialism
You favor totalitarianism over individualism and use Jesus as your scapegoat.

Please stop with the bleeding heart bit.

We both want to help the needy and the poor. You just want big government to do it for you. I don't trust big government to do anything for anyone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Parrots and corn for fuel!

Good stuff...

well they have to fertilize the corn fields and that fertilizer has nitrogen....

oh no....that means:

"Corn ethanol also contributes to significant water quality and quantity challenges. As the number of acres dedicated to corn production has increased – from an average of 79 million acres between 2000 and 2006 to 90 million acres, on average, between 2007 and 2012 – farmers have applied far more nitrogen fertilizer."

"...Nitrogen that washes off farm fields contributes to poor water quality, increasing water treatment costs and creating low-oxygen “dead zones.” As the National Academy noted,“the increase in corn production has contributed to environmental and surface effects on surface and ground water, including hypoxia, harmful algal blooms and eutrophication.”

http://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 997,501 - 997,520 of1,071,114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Music Artists A to Z 15 min _Zoey_ 245
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Jacques from Ottawa 173,495
Word (Dec '08) 22 min _Zoey_ 4,572
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 23 min _Zoey_ 4,487
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,086
Abigail July 9 2014 41 min PEllen 12
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 45 min PEllen 97,408
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••