Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1085052 Feb 23, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
ask a tortoise what he thinks of same sex relationships.....
Do you know who "lonesome George' is?
"There is only one Pinta Island tortoise (Geochelone elephantopus abingdoni). It is a male known by his keepers as Lonesome George. And when he dies the Pinta tortoises will be extinct."
http://www.tortoisetrust.org/articles/george....
NEWSFLASH!!!!
'Update: Galapagos Tortoise Lonesome George Dies'
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/the-l...
yet the biggest problem the human rave faces is overpopulation. and no matter what, heterosexuals will keep making homosexuals...just the natural, normal part of our species..

funny that you are scared of your own species' nature and patterns. anything you aren't scared of?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1085053 Feb 23, 2014
10 Dumbest Things Fox Said About Climate Change

3. Fox "Expert": Carbon Dioxide "Literally Cannot Cause Global Warming." Joe Bastardi is a meteorologist that is often presented as a climate change expert on Fox News, even though he has no climate science training. Bill O'Reilly has cited Bastardi as the reason that he is "skeptical" about global warming, but scientists have called Bastardi's statements "completely wrong," "simply ignorant," and "utter nonsense." In March, Bastardi attempted to "throw out 150 years of physics" by dismissing the greenhouse effect -- the reason there is life on Earth -- as impossible.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/12/31/10-du...

FOXbot say what?

Minnesota's North Coast

#1085054 Feb 23, 2014
killtaker wrote:
science is king!
But it takes a social scientist to make the science digestible...
bow down an worship the science!
religion is baloney....throw it out with the bath water!!!!
"...overall production and use of ethanol was projected to result in increases in the pollutant concentration ... Those projected air-quality effects from ethanol fuel would be more damaging to human health that those from gasoline use."
National Academy of Sciences (2011), Renewable Fuel Standard: Potential Economic and Environmental Effects of US Biofuels Policy, at 246.[Hereinafter NAS].
religion is baloney..proven fact.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1085055 Feb 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just looked at the confirmed science that more CO2 will increase solar radiation heating of our planet. then put in the numbers of CO2 tons we have put into the atmosphere...just simple math...
reference?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1085056 Feb 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
do you have proof that man-made emissions don't have any significant effect on climate?
no.
there is no proof either way, which is why extreme actions to address an unknown problem are absurd......
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1085057 Feb 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet the biggest problem the human rave faces is overpopulation. and no matter what, heterosexuals will keep making homosexuals...just the natural, normal part of our species..
funny that you are scared of your own species' nature and patterns. anything you aren't scared of?
NAH, DEBIL THINKIN' YOU PRETTY MUCH BEEN OUTED AS A BITTER OL' WOMAN. IT NOT IN YOU INTERESTS TO CONTINUE THE CHARADE... DEBIL SAY THIS CAUSE YOU "ARE" AN OL' WOMAN AN' HE RAISED TO DEFER TO HIS PRUDISH AN' CLOISTERED ELDERS... WANT ME TO CHEW YOU FOOD FO' YOU, SALLY?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1085058 Feb 23, 2014
make fuel out of corn...to save the environment and screw the poor people...

"Higher corn prices hurt consumers especially low-income consumers who spend a larger share of their disposable income on food by increasing the cost of basic staples. When the price of a bushel of corn increases by $1, the price of eggs increases by 5.5
percent, and the price of milk increases by 2.1 percent..."

Hayes (2009). Biofuels: Potential Production Capacity, Effects on Grain and Livestock Sectors, and Implications for Food Prices and Consumers.

http://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1085059 Feb 23, 2014
ACTUALLY, THAT WHY THEY GOT THE ACADEMY AWARDS, SWEETIE, TO WEED OUT THE BAD ACTORS LIKE YOUSELF. HEY! YOU PLAY SOCCER? OOPS, THAT JUS YOU TITS AIN'T IT OL' GIRL? WELL, DON' FEEL BAD... WHAT'S SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN...

Location hidden

#1085060 Feb 23, 2014
Praise Jesus....and fun with the social sciences.

we need to use corn for fuel...

"The surge in ethanol use accounted for as much as 15 percent of the rise in domestic food prices between April 2007 and April 2008"

Congressional Budget Office (2009). The Impact of Ethanol Use on Food Prices and Greenhouse-Gas Emissions.

http://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1085061 Feb 23, 2014
NOT SURE YOU NOTICED YET, TICKY-TACKY, BUT IT AWFULLY QUIET IN HERE... TOO QUIET...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1085062 Feb 23, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
loves the fetus hates the poor....five years of posts proving same.
Marie Antoinette interpretation of Jesus with the love of Anne Rand.
LOL
This is a false assumption and deliberate distortion on your part. In your mind, I can't love the unborn without hating the poor?

My heart's desire is to help the poor. You have no idea who I am or what makes me tick.

The decent thing is for you to apologize for assuming something that's both hurtful and untrue.

Location hidden

#1085063 Feb 23, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
loves the fetus hates the poor....five years of posts proving same.
Marie Antoinette interpretation of Jesus with the love of Anne Rand.
LOL
we not sticking things up a womans vagina to kill the poor now are we dum dum....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1085064 Feb 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
10 Dumbest Things Fox Said About Climate Change
3. Fox "Expert": Carbon Dioxide "Literally Cannot Cause Global Warming." Joe Bastardi is a meteorologist that is often presented as a climate change expert on Fox News, even though he has no climate science training. Bill O'Reilly has cited Bastardi as the reason that he is "skeptical" about global warming, but scientists have called Bastardi's statements "completely wrong," "simply ignorant," and "utter nonsense." In March, Bastardi attempted to "throw out 150 years of physics" by dismissing the greenhouse effect -- the reason there is life on Earth -- as impossible.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/12/31/10-du...
FOXbot say what?
so, you offer nothing but personal attack, with zero facts in support....

and from a Communist source.....

Location hidden

#1085065 Feb 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>religion is baloney..proven fact.
dummy,

people are what make a 'religion'....bad or good...and people have morals and ethics...and people choose to behave or not...and people choose to lie on their taxes and some chose not to lie on their taxes...and some people chose to speed when they are driving and some people chose not to speed when they are driving...and then we have people who smoke pot and drive cars while they are higher than a kite and kill people and then you have people who don't smoke pot and they never have an accident that kills anyone...and then we have people who support anything they type and we are supposed to believe them when they hate on religion...

Minnesota's North Coast

#1085066 Feb 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
reference?
google. or lets talk tutorial fees...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1085067 Feb 23, 2014
COASTAL HECATE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey M, how you doin'? I've been in house and animal hell since ... April. This is a very difficult State to build in, and Lane (Lame) County is a batch too. I love the area, but Forestry saw fit to plant a filthy weed called "Scotch Broom," and it's more miserable pod-dropping cousin, "gorse." They did this to "stabilize the dunes," which have only been shifting for umpteen million years or so. I think, finally, this Dick of a dry waller will be outta here, and the bamboo flooring put down. I sometimes wonder if I'll be able to see it completely finished before something or other gives out. It's getting dirty here too -- lots of tourists dragging their houses around with them.
On the other hand the weather suits me, and it WOULD be beautiful without the above problems. No place is perfect anymore, but this is the only place out of 4 or 5 others I would live in the US. I get to visit my mom whenever my A-whole brother isn't around. He's gone totally off the rails, and I cannot bear the sight of him. Bad drivers here -- some of the worst I've ever seen (and logging trucks barreling down on you). Lots of gorgeous empty beaches if you're willing to hike a little bit. Dog heaven. Lots of homeless with dogs with them -- many just kids.
Whatever the drawbacks and bonuses, I guess I'll run out the clock here. The land I got is great (I finally got it right), and it is full of mushrooms, which I can't identify well enough yet to use. It hooks up to thousands of acres of forest and dunes (in fact, I'm technically "in" the Siuslaw National Forest. Loaded with lakes. Endless trails cut through for riding/hiking. My favorite place, Yachats, right down the road (featuring Cape Perpetua).
You're always welcome to visit. I'll buy you a drink at Spice (great Happy Hour). That and a couple of fish tacos (the cook is great, and not Mexican, so they taste totally different than the usual). I see you're doing fine in your "paradise." I've met some wonderful people here -- very helpful, which makes up for the A-wholes somewhat.
Hi! We're doing well. Enjoying retirement. Sounds like you're getting 'oregonized'. I'm happy for you. Yes, this is a very difficult State to build in. It's as if they put you through hell week just to prove your worthiness. County regulations just compound the problem. They always try to one-up the state. But it seems you're almost there, you proved your worthiness.
Rockers are a curious breed. They know sheetrock isn't something anybody can handle, so they strut around like they own the place. You probably know this but, in a darkened room, shine a light along the wall. Any irregularities show up. Getting him to fix it may not be so easy. I would take a can of primer and spray a big X on any flaws. They couldn't ignore it.
Thanks for the invitation. I know Yachats.'Quaint' comes to mind. We have friends in Newport so we do get to the coast once in a while. It would be nice to meet you. I promise I wouldn't critique your new home. I hate that. LOL.
Best wishes.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1085068 Feb 23, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
NAH, DEBIL THINKIN' YOU PRETTY MUCH BEEN OUTED AS A BITTER OL' WOMAN. IT NOT IN YOU INTERESTS TO CONTINUE THE CHARADE... DEBIL SAY THIS CAUSE YOU "ARE" AN OL' WOMAN AN' HE RAISED TO DEFER TO HIS PRUDISH AN' CLOISTERED ELDERS... WANT ME TO CHEW YOU FOOD FO' YOU, SALLY?
yet i already showed that you cannot even use thrid grade level logic, so what you 'think' or believe you are 'thinking' really doesn't matter to anyone or the real world, now does it..

you know your place. stay in it..good boy...stay...stay...good boy!!

Location hidden

#1085069 Feb 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>religion is baloney..proven fact.
well I wonder how many pounds the devil worshippers lost....

"Fifty-nine overweight/obese black women were randomized to one of the two interventions. Although the results were not statistically significant, the effect size suggests that the addition of the faith component improved results."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1085070 Feb 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
that's what private charity is for, rather than the government taking by force from one person to give to another.....
I agree. More than likely, there'd be a boon of private charities if the federal government finally figured out it can't manage itself - much less compassion in the guise of gullibility in far too many cases.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1085071 Feb 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just looked at the confirmed science that more CO2 will increase solar radiation heating of our planet. then put in the numbers of CO2 tons we have put into the atmosphere...just simple math...
nobama/Galt has five years of trolling for anne rand, 24/7 LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Barack the Yellow 50,352
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min wojar 183,802
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 1 hr chanelle 20
amy 1-27 1 hr tiredofit 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 98,974
abby 1-26 4 hr Mister Tonka 45
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr Red_Forman 4,961
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]