Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264162 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084788 Feb 22, 2014
You an engineer ain't you, Tick?
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084789 Feb 22, 2014
Bored, Tick, bored....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084790 Feb 22, 2014
tea party....

It's been a lousy couple of weeks for Matt Bevin.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's Republican primary challenger dealt with fallout from the revelation the he once backed a government program he uses as a punching bag. Then he stoked controversy with remarks about gay marriage. It all came as McConnell continued to avoid the pitfalls that have ensnared some of his Senate colleagues facing heat from the right.

The result is that with three months until the primary, Bevin's bid to defeat McConnell faces increasingly long odds.

"He's having some trouble," said veteran political observer Al Cross, a former Louisville Courier-Journal political writer.

Bevin, a Louisville businessman, was veered off message after a Wednesday interview on Janet Mefferd's radio show in which he suggested legalizing gay marriage could lead to parents being able to marry their children.

"If it's alright to have same-sex marriages, why not define a marriage -- because at the end of the day a lot of this ends up being taxes and who can visit who in the hospital and there's other repercussions and things that come with this -- so a person may want to define themselves as being married to one of their children so that they could then in fact pass on certain things to that child financially and otherwise?" Bevin asked.

That prompted top McConnell aide Josh Holmes to declare "The return of Akin-ry," a reference to controversial and failed 2012 Senate candidate Todd Akin (R).

Bevin was sidetracked last week by the revelation that he backed the TARP program as an investment fund president in 2008, even as he rails against the federal bank bailout initiative these days. The news prompted McConnell's allies to cast him as a hypocrite.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
stoneman

Boise, ID

#1084791 Feb 22, 2014
As we go into the third round of layoffs at my company, I want to thank Lord Obama, Harry Reid and Princess Pelosi for liberating my fellow employees from the tyranny of "job lock".

Now that they are unemployed I'm sure they will appreciate the pittance of unemployment benefits (for up to a YEAR! YAY!) and will use the time to write poetry and paint a work of art, as the Princess suggested in a press conference last week.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1084792 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
Bored, Tick, bored....
Ask him how his daughter paid for her degree?
Ten dollars a pop. Lol
dem

Chicago, IL

#1084793 Feb 22, 2014
stoneman wrote:
As we go into the third round of layoffs at my company, I want to thank Lord Obama, Harry Reid and Princess Pelosi for liberating my fellow employees from the tyranny of "job lock".
Now that they are unemployed I'm sure they will appreciate the pittance of unemployment benefits (for up to a YEAR! YAY!) and will use the time to write poetry and paint a work of art, as the Princess suggested in a press conference last week.
Wtf they doing keeping you?
dem

Chicago, IL

#1084794 Feb 22, 2014
stoneman wrote:
You being a proud tea bagger I'm sure you will refuse that "pittance", right?
Baawwaahhh

United States

#1084795 Feb 22, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bunk, liar! You post the first thing you read on a liberal website, without finding a confirming source. You are just another leftwing nutjob that misrepresents yourself, liar.
Look moron, go fix your cheap keyboard, you annoying twerp.
Another Waxturd hallucinatory and pointless ramble based on absolutely nothing. Words of wisdom from WAXTURD, TOPIX favorite world-class meshuggenah butt whole!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Acks-Me-Anything

Atlanta, GA

#1084796 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit - I don't normally laugh for anything south of the Mason Dixon line, although I do regularly laugh AT things south of the Mason Dixon line - but that was pretty funny, pound for pound.
Eh, I'm not south. I'm just proxifying.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1084797 Feb 22, 2014
stoneman wrote:
If they hired dumbasses like you, it is no wonder their business suffers.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1084798 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
Bored, Tick, bored....
small minds often are....

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1084799 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
there is arsenic in virtually every public water supply in the US, completely harmless below a certain con centration....
But you right whiners keep arguing that CO2 is natural & thereby harmless.

St. Croix valley

#1084800 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Into love
2. Her picture
3. Oh I will, I will...
1.no.
2.wrong.
3.that ship already sailed.
NuculurBaawwaahh hSurpriZe

Palm Coast, FL

#1084801 Feb 22, 2014
Baawwaahhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Another of my hallucinatory and pointless ramble based on absolutely nothing. Words of wisdom from me, TOPIX favorite world-class meshuggenah butt whole!!!
Not Surprized! LOL

St. Croix valley

#1084802 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I'm going to just explain this one item to you and will leave it up to your girlfriend to explain the rest to you. IF, as you claim, I am no more than a lonely, misogynistic, rambling fool, then one is forced to ask the question, "Why do you keep posting to me?" Do you understand my post now, Tick? Or does it simply seem like more pointless rambling?
what does that point out? your posts show clearly what you are. my posting to you does not change that.

see how poor your logic skills are?

and your attempt to show me up lasted how long? seems you are already done, idiot...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1084803 Feb 22, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf they doing keeping you?
It's either Micron or Simplot__unless the mutt lives in some shthole far from Boise, in which case he's already a lyin sack.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1084804 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hey scummy liar...i guess i missed the episode where you claimed to one of the 1% and NTR nailed you to the wall on that one...what a riot that must have been!
you must be just ignorant as hell to even show your face around here after all the times you have been busted lying through your teeth...
NTR nailed ME to the wall? I missed that one too. NTR tell you that? LOL!

You're a coward and a loser. You get intellectually assraped post after post but you're too fcking stupid to realize it. I know when your bubble is blank. You fall back to this imbecilic child's game thinking it'll hide your witless ignorance. Play on, it's as close to repartee as you can get.

BTW. What schools and what communities did you say you turned around??
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084805 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what does that point out? your posts show clearly what you are. my posting to you does not change that.
see how poor your logic skills are?
and your attempt to show me up lasted how long? seems you are already done, idiot...
Yes, Tick, I'm already done. Debil bows to you superior intellectual skills. Now where's that l'il girlfriend of yours...? As I said, you're an engineer aren't you?
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084806 Feb 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
NTR nailed ME to the wall? I missed that one too. NTR tell you that? LOL!
You're a coward and a loser. You get intellectually assraped post after post but you're too fcking stupid to realize it. I know when your bubble is blank. You fall back to this imbecilic child's game thinking it'll hide your witless ignorance. Play on, it's as close to repartee as you can get.
BTW. What schools and what communities did you say you turned around??
Is that it? Have you and I been adversary's so long we've come full circle? Oh well, there's worse things... save me some dinosaur eggs, I'm giving up on several members of my own team it would seem...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Wekweti NT

#1084809 Feb 22, 2014
All this gabbing about other posters in no way negates the fact that Obama is a liar a failure and a marxist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Jacques Ottawa 194,654
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 54,341
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... 4 hr chimpcago 1
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel for awes... 6 hr The Cloud 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr CrunchyBacon 100,287
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 10 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 10 hr Magonigol 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages