Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1524004 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

United States

#1085636 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Collins "checked in", wandered around the floor for 10 minutes, and did nothing.....

just a statue hired for PR purposes by a rotten team......

affirmative action in spades.....
You should be the first elderly topix tea bagger to admit you suck co ck.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1085637 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
they are all part of the game, the same hierarchy that determines who makes the team to begin with.....
remember that this is subjective judging, not an objective competition.....
how about letting the TV viewers vote???...
Are you still working for the Federal Government?
LOL

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1085638 Feb 24, 2014
National Institute of Health...

"Today, 101 medical schools incorporate patient spirituality in their curriculum, up from 17 in 1995. This fact suggests that these principles are being incorporated into medical education, albeit at an elective level."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3...
dem

United States

#1085639 Feb 24, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! You trying to threaten me again, Idiot?
Take it however you want, disgraced name changing azzhole.
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1085640 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Collins "checked in", wandered around the floor for 10 minutes, and did nothing.....
just a statue hired for PR purposes by a rotten team......
affirmative action in spades.....
"Today, Jason Collins tore open the last remaining closet in America, and became the first openly gay player to be signed by a team in one of the big four sports. We are especially excited that Jason will be playing in Brooklyn, just like Jackie Robinson, and in a marriage equality state. This is a piece of history, an important point on the continuum toward justice and a moment to celebrate,"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10...
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1085641 Feb 24, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
From Politico:
For the first time, a majority of Americans think Barack Obama is not respected among world leaders, according to a new poll that found opinion has plunged "dramatically" in the past year.
Fifty-three percent now say Obama is not respected on the international stage, up from 43 percent a year ago - and the number who say they believe the president is respected has dropped to 41 percent from 51 percent over the same time, the poll found.
My question is, what took the ¨majority of Americans¨ so long?
"That's what you've been told to believe and, sadly, you unquestioningly believe it." --- Carol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1085642 Feb 24, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
Election 2014 - Prepare for more dealing from the bottom of the Race Card deck
The race card is used repeatedly to stifle discussion and scrutiny of Barack Obama and his policies. Obama himself was among the first to pull that card out of his deck, as Sean Wilentz noted back in 2008 when it was used to shut up any criticism of him by Hillary Clinton's primary campaign ; Obama used it again -- as even his campaign strategist David Axelrod admitted -- when he accused people of not supporting him because his face was dissimilar to those they picture on dollar bills and when he exhorted people not to refuse to vote for him because of his funny name or because he was African-American.
Now it is widely used to deflect criticism of Obama and his administration - it is a staple of MSNBC news coverage (and part and parcel of the blarney flowing from Chris Matthews on a daily basis).
Conservatives who happen to be black are routinely denigrated. Now the charge of racism has become an all-purpose epithet to depict Tea Party supporters -- just one of many slurs and smears of Tea Partiers -- part of the myth-making by the mainstream media that have been proven to be just that, myths; any worry about deficits and the national debt and the policies that deepen those is dismissed as not just greed by taxpayers but racism by those biased against the beneficiaries of much of this spending.
There is no card more effective as a conversation stopper than the race card -- it is the liberals' new McCarthyism.
it is amazing that you can view the real world so differently from sane and rational people...
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1085643 Feb 24, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
And you cannot come close to showing the statement to be untrue. And that's a fact.
Just stick to doing what you do best - calling people stupid who disagree with the current leftist regime's agenda.
According to a recent Washington Post-ABC News poll, 80 percent of Americans don't trust the Republican party. Democrats fair slightly better, but still 72 percent of Americans lack confidence in them. Even Americans who identify as Republicans have a hard time trusting their own party as only 36 percent of self-identified Republicans believe the party is working in their own best interest.

T
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1085644 Feb 24, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
Election 2014 - Prepare for more dealing from the bottom of the Race Card deck
The race card is used repeatedly to stifle discussion and scrutiny of Barack Obama and his policies. Obama himself was among the first to pull that card out of his deck, as Sean Wilentz noted back in 2008 when it was used to shut up any criticism of him by Hillary Clinton's primary campaign ; Obama used it again -- as even his campaign strategist David Axelrod admitted -- when he accused people of not supporting him because his face was dissimilar to those they picture on dollar bills and when he exhorted people not to refuse to vote for him because of his funny name or because he was African-American.
Now it is widely used to deflect criticism of Obama and his administration - it is a staple of MSNBC news coverage (and part and parcel of the blarney flowing from Chris Matthews on a daily basis).
Conservatives who happen to be black are routinely denigrated. Now the charge of racism has become an all-purpose epithet to depict Tea Party supporters -- just one of many slurs and smears of Tea Partiers -- part of the myth-making by the mainstream media that have been proven to be just that, myths; any worry about deficits and the national debt and the policies that deepen those is dismissed as not just greed by taxpayers but racism by those biased against the beneficiaries of much of this spending.
There is no card more effective as a conversation stopper than the race card -- it is the liberals' new McCarthyism.
lol! I'm sure reich wingers will be making it political son.

No doubt there!
dem

United States

#1085645 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Rice read her script like a performing monkey, using no judgment as to the truth....
You and that brain damaged Jew make a great couple.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1085646 Feb 24, 2014
killtaker wrote:
"Today, 101 medical schools incorporate patient spirituality in their curriculum, up from 17 in 1995. This fact suggests that these principles are being incorporated into medical education, albeit at an elective level."
yet till not one credible study showing it helps in any way...why is that again?

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1085647 Feb 24, 2014
Excerpt from a letter to Aetna from Doctor Kristin Held:

¨You see, health insurance has evolved such that insurers and government have inserted themselves smack-dab in the middle of the once sacred patient-doctor relationship. I am called a provider- not a doctor. My patient is now yours- not mine. What I can do as a physician now has strangulating strings and nonsensical numbers attached- to you and government and money-not the best interests of the patients.

Obamacare, the “law of the land”, contains ever-changing-at-the-whim-of-H HS, politically-expedient mandates, rewards, penalties, rules and regulations with which I cannot rationally or morally treat my patients and run a practice, much-less interpret, implement, or comply.¨

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/doc-giv...
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1085648 Feb 24, 2014
Susan Rice Calls Out Conservative Media: It's "Patently False" That Administration Misled On Benghazi

RICE: What I said to you that morning and what I did every day since, was to share the best information that we had at the time. The information I provided, which I explained to you was what we had at the moment, it could change, I commented that this was based on what we knew on that morning, was provided to me, and my colleagues, and indeed to Congress by the intelligence community. And that's been well-validated in many different ways since. And that information turned out in some respects not to be 100 percent correct. But the notion that somehow I, or anybody else in the administration, misled the American people is patently false, and I think that that's been amply demonstrated.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/02/23/susan...
dem

United States

#1085649 Feb 24, 2014
Al Bundy wrote:
<quoted text>Fliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! SPLAT!
Here's positrannyium now.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1085650 Feb 24, 2014
killtaker wrote:
"........incorporate patient spirituality in their curriculum...."

Thanks for posting this....feel spirituality is important in health!

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1085651 Feb 24, 2014
More from the medical experts at the National Institute of Health...

Meditation , prayer...spiritual healing...

"To date, more than 180 studies have been done in this area, with more than half of them producing significant results. In these experiments, one person through their intention tries to influence the physiology or the physical condition of a target system, such as cell cultures, animal models, and there are human studies. As of March 2004, there have been nine controlled clinical trials looking at intercessory prayer (compassionate intention at a distance). Six of these have produced statistically significant positive results."

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1085652 Feb 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Employers could always avoid health insurance benefits by hiring part time instead of full time.
The idea you f*cking idiots think the ACA will make therm do it now shows just how GD stupid you people really are.
employers have already cut back hours to avoid ObamaKKKare regulations, you idiot....

whether a company previously provided benefits or not, they simply don't want to deal with the regulations....particularly when the regulations constantly change at the whim of the Imperial Dictator....

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1085653 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Rice read her script like a performing monkey, using no judgment as to the truth....
Galt is the typical right whiner that thinks being a racist f*ck & bigot is somehow funny.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1085654 Feb 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it however you want, disgraced name changing azzhole.
What name am I changing,Dweebdem?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1085655 Feb 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's positrannyium now.
NO, here is me now. What's your problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 8 min Patty Myers SEZ 12
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Dr Guru 240,421
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 14 min EAT PORK 19
A few ITEMS of interest. 23 min Jocularity is FUN 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr CrunchyBacon 105,141
A Little Ditty 17 hr Longfellow 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 hr TRD 71,285

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages