Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1231700 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084587 Feb 22, 2014
Brand new state Rep. Sam Moore (R-Macedonia) is pushing a sweeping law that would allow registered sex offenders to go anywhere they want — even to schools.

Moore, in his first week in office, has turned in a bill that would overturn the crime of loitering and make it so registered sex offenders who aren’t otherwise barred from going to schools or places children gather could go to those places freely.

“I am OK with that,” Moore said Thursday, adding that he meant only those who were off parole and not barred from those places.“The reason I’m OK with that is the assumption is they have done their time. If they’re still a danger to society, they should not be free.… Am I saying it’s not creepy? It’s definitely creepy.”

Moore is the sole signer on House Bill 1033, which also prohibits law enforcement officers from forcing residents to identify themselves under any circumstances. Moore said that is a practice that violates Fifth Amendment rights to silence and was the original intent of the bill.

According to Moore, loitering is the only law on the books that requires people to give their name, and sex offender provisions hinge on loitering.

Cherokee Sheriff Roger Garrison called the bill “simply insane.”

“In my 34 years of law enforcement I have never heard of such an insane law having been introduced,” Garrison said Friday.“Sexual predators are one of this country’s most violent (type of) offenders. If there’s any equal it would be an out-and-out serial killer.”

The sheriff said the thought of allowing sexual predators to “once again lurk around our parks, around our schools, around our swimming pools” is horrifying.

http://cherokeetribune.com/view/full_story/24...

but hey, freedom.
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084588 Feb 22, 2014
An Entrapment

"My love, I have tried with all my being
to grasp a form comparable to thine own,
but nothing seems worthy;

I know now why Shakespeare could not
compare his love to a summer’s day.
It would be a crime to denounce the beauty
of such a creature as thee,
to simply cast away the precision
God had placed in forging you.

Each facet of your being
whether it physical or spiritual
is an ensnarement
from which there is no release.
But I do not wish release.
I wish to stay entrapped forever.
With you for all eternity."
But I have to go to work now, dearest
At the Title Pawn shop. Adieau!
(Someday, with my savings, and as a very old man...
I will build you a condo in Myrtle Beach, my love...)
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1084589 Feb 22, 2014
WoodchuckIQ57 wrote:
<quoted text> "lying"? Did you say, "lying"? LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
Soooo tsaristly "shades of red opague" !
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1084590 Feb 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Brand new state Rep. Sam Moore (R-Macedonia) is pushing a sweeping law that would allow registered sex offenders to go anywhere they want — even to schools.
Moore, in his first week in office, has turned in a bill that would overturn the crime of loitering and make it so registered sex offenders who aren’t otherwise barred from going to schools or places children gather could go to those places freely.
“I am OK with that,” Moore said Thursday, adding that he meant only those who were off parole and not barred from those places.“The reason I’m OK with that is the assumption is they have done their time. If they’re still a danger to society, they should not be free.… Am I saying it’s not creepy? It’s definitely creepy.”
Moore is the sole signer on House Bill 1033, which also prohibits law enforcement officers from forcing residents to identify themselves under any circumstances. Moore said that is a practice that violates Fifth Amendment rights to silence and was the original intent of the bill.
According to Moore, loitering is the only law on the books that requires people to give their name, and sex offender provisions hinge on loitering.
Cherokee Sheriff Roger Garrison called the bill “simply insane.”
“In my 34 years of law enforcement I have never heard of such an insane law having been introduced,” Garrison said Friday.“Sexual predators are one of this country’s most violent (type of) offenders. If there’s any equal it would be an out-and-out serial killer.”
The sheriff said the thought of allowing sexual predators to “once again lurk around our parks, around our schools, around our swimming pools” is horrifying.
http://cherokeetribune.com/view/full_story/24...
but hey, freedom.
EU Insolvency or fossil fuel puppetry of Communism?
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084591 Feb 22, 2014
Um... but he did compare him or her to a summer's day? And what's more, LOOK AT WHAT HE SAID ABOUT THE COMPARISON!!!! I REST MY CASE!

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, UNTRIMMED;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to Time thou grow'st.
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

UNTRIMMED, UNTRIMMED I TELL YOU!!! LISTEN TO ME BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! Trimmeth not, lest you be trimmed.(Maybe YOU like a landing strip but someth of us do not!)
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1084592 Feb 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Brand new state Rep. Sam Moore (R-Macedonia) is pushing a sweeping law that would allow registered sex offenders to go anywhere they want — even to schools.
Moore, in his first week in office, has turned in a bill that would overturn the crime of loitering and make it so registered sex offenders who aren’t otherwise barred from going to schools or places children gather could go to those places freely.
“I am OK with that,” Moore said Thursday, adding that he meant only those who were off parole and not barred from those places.“The reason I’m OK with that is the assumption is they have done their time. If they’re still a danger to society, they should not be free.… Am I saying it’s not creepy? It’s definitely creepy.”
Moore is the sole signer on House Bill 1033, which also prohibits law enforcement officers from forcing residents to identify themselves under any circumstances. Moore said that is a practice that violates Fifth Amendment rights to silence and was the original intent of the bill.
According to Moore, loitering is the only law on the books that requires people to give their name, and sex offender provisions hinge on loitering.
Cherokee Sheriff Roger Garrison called the bill “simply insane.”
“In my 34 years of law enforcement I have never heard of such an insane law having been introduced,” Garrison said Friday.“Sexual predators are one of this country’s most violent (type of) offenders. If there’s any equal it would be an out-and-out serial killer.”
The sheriff said the thought of allowing sexual predators to “once again lurk around our parks, around our schools, around our swimming pools” is horrifying.
http://cherokeetribune.com/view/full_story/24...
but hey, freedom.
And as for the res tof your post--Ought to be a law requiring offender tracking chips to be installed in they foreheads.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1084593 Feb 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Brand new state Rep. Sam Moore (R-Macedonia) is pushing a sweeping law that would allow registered sex offenders to go anywhere they want — even to schools.
Moore, in his first week in office, has turned in a bill that would overturn the crime of loitering and make it so registered sex offenders who aren’t otherwise barred from going to schools or places children gather could go to those places freely.
“I am OK with that,” Moore said Thursday, adding that he meant only those who were off parole and not barred from those places.“The reason I’m OK with that is the assumption is they have done their time. If they’re still a danger to society, they should not be free.… Am I saying it’s not creepy? It’s definitely creepy.”
Moore is the sole signer on House Bill 1033, which also prohibits law enforcement officers from forcing residents to identify themselves under any circumstances. Moore said that is a practice that violates Fifth Amendment rights to silence and was the original intent of the bill.
According to Moore, loitering is the only law on the books that requires people to give their name, and sex offender provisions hinge on loitering.
Cherokee Sheriff Roger Garrison called the bill “simply insane.”
“In my 34 years of law enforcement I have never heard of such an insane law having been introduced,” Garrison said Friday.“Sexual predators are one of this country’s most violent (type of) offenders. If there’s any equal it would be an out-and-out serial killer.”
The sheriff said the thought of allowing sexual predators to “once again lurk around our parks, around our schools, around our swimming pools” is horrifying.
http://cherokeetribune.com/view/full_story/24...
but hey, freedom.
Monitored by teams hand picked by Hillary Clinton.

:-)
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1084594 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
An Entrapment
"My love, I have tried with all my being
to grasp a form comparable to thine own,
but nothing seems worthy;
I know now why Shakespeare could not
compare his love to a summer’s day.
It would be a crime to denounce the beauty
of such a creature as thee,
to simply cast away the precision
God had placed in forging you.
Each facet of your being
whether it physical or spiritual
is an ensnarement
from which there is no release.
But I do not wish release.
I wish to stay entrapped forever.
With you for all eternity."
But I have to go to work now, dearest
At the Title Pawn shop. Adieau!
(Someday, with my savings, and as a very old man...
I will build you a condo in Myrtle Beach, my love...)
Ewe...how pink pelicanish.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1084595 Feb 22, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder what happens when a governor beats a recall, but is still under suspicion for illegal activites???
Kiev.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1084596 Feb 22, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! The old nazi ways just can't be hidden by reich wingers....
.. not even in America!
You don't even grasp the difference between a Commie and a nazi do you...goober caliphonybrokia state WORM.
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084597 Feb 22, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo tsaristly "shades of red opague" !
Yes, it's true that Kentucky has always been a hotbed of Olympic figure skating hopefuls, but, as always, they are brought low in the end by their love of pork rinds and moon pies... never a big favorite on the international circuit. It's just physically impossible for a 300 pounder to get the lift she needs for the difficult jumps and spins...
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1084598 Feb 22, 2014
Hula Lucination wrote:
<quoted text> lily boca raton fl
No that's an entitlemental case, occupy anyone elses anything libuhrulTic--licking the scent of green bawls anywhere-no matta duh race, cweed or color.
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084599 Feb 22, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Ewe...how pink pelicanish.
I didn't write it, I just amended it. When finished I admit I felt dirty.... Any woman who let's herself be seduced by such an effort is simply seeking a meal-ticket....
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084600 Feb 22, 2014
lets
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1084601 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
Um... but he did compare him or her to a summer's day? And what's more, LOOK AT WHAT HE SAID ABOUT THE COMPARISON!!!! I REST MY CASE!
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course, UNTRIMMED;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wand'rest in his shade,
When in eternal lines to Time thou grow'st.
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
UNTRIMMED, UNTRIMMED I TELL YOU!!! LISTEN TO ME BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! Trimmeth not, lest you be trimmed.(Maybe YOU like a landing strip but someth of us do not!)
Omg.

Chips ahoy -monitored by Hillary!
Baawwaahhh

United States

#1084602 Feb 22, 2014
Where's Waxtard's cotillion of sockpuppets? Still recovering from last nights mud wrestling hoedown/throwdown? Sleeping off the late night gorge fest at ''Good Times Burgers & Frozen Custard''? Making mayonnaise sandwiches to pig out on while they cruise the internet searching for more conspiracy theories to post on Topix. Yes, it's a productive life they lead. Baawwaahhh!
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1084603 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's true that Kentucky has always been a hotbed of Olympic figure skating hopefuls, but, as always, they are brought low in the end by their love of pork rinds and moon pies... never a big favorite on the international circuit. It's just physically impossible for a 300 pounder to get the lift she needs for the difficult jumps and spins...
Impossible for anything even remotely anorexic over teh age of 17 too,,cuz now a days..them thar updated program reqs sure demand some actual olympic super size STRENGTH.
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084604 Feb 22, 2014
Olympic figure skating simply proves my point about Koreans and Americans being the limp dishrags of athletics. I mean what has the U.S. actually "won" over there except for a few adapted ghetto sports? "Snow-boarding?" Puh-leeze! What's next? The Olympic sport of bitching and moaning about always losing? Look at it this way, the Summer Olympics gives American athletes a place to shine... wait, that doesn't sound right?
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1084605 Feb 22, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>We can assume that Barak Jung Un will try anything that he can get away with. With Kool-Aid drinking shills like you out there hacking and flanking for them, the progressives will do anything to get complete autonomy over the American people. Control of the news is a great first step. That was the second thing that the National Socialist Party did back in Germany in the 30's. The first thing they did was nationalize health care. Wake the f#ck up......
Third world CIS insolvent/ U.S.S.R. Kiev type commie-marxist health care fer ever one!

Just gives us a little mo' time for some flexerbility Mitter Gorbachev.

Is that yew era Mr Reagan, or was it Karzi ...or the Berlin airdrop ?
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1084606 Feb 22, 2014
Here in the eastern Ukrainian city of Kharkiv, the most important thing coming out of a congress of pro-Yanukovych politicians is the sentiment that they don't want Ukraine to split but to remain united.

Kharkiv's regional governor, Mikhaylo Dobkin, told the meeting of MPs from predominantly Russian-speaking areas of eastern Ukraine and Crimea : "We're not preparing to break up the country. We want to preserve it."

However, they have refused to recognise developments in the national parliament. They are calling "fascist" those who have taken power in Kiev, and do not want armed fighters to come to their towns.

In a resolution they determined to "take responsibility for safeguarding the constitutional order, legality, citizens' rights and their security on our territories".

Near the sports palace where the congress is taking place, there is a big rally of thousands of people in support of Kiev's opposition protesters. But power has shifted in Kiev and the authorities' mood here has changed with it.

Previously, the demonstrators were beaten and dispersed. But now they are being protected by police from several hundred pro-Russians who are shouting at them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Environmentalist PhD 53,443
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min positronium 189,577
Amy 5-22-15 36 min Pippa 6
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 49 min not a ghost 5,986
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 52 min not a ghost 1,178
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 54 min not a ghost 893
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr not a ghost 519
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr editor 99,531
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]