Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1761062 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1085787 Feb 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> proveable, real world facts...
if you could have proved then wrong, you know yuo already would have instead of posting this childish comment...
as usual for you..when proven wrong, act like a child....
Sure thing there, Dumb Dave sock.
THE DEBIL

Chantilly, VA

#1085788 Feb 24, 2014
DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
AAAAHHHH!!!!!
THERE YOU GO AGAIN. ACTUN ALL HI AND MIGHTE.
YOU SHOULD GO TO THE TERLET AND CRAP OUT SOME MORE FACTS AND BE SURE AND EAT THEM.
OH, HI... I SUPPOSE I SHOULD BE FLATTERED... BUT I'M NOT, ACTUALLY... "ACTUN? TERLET?" WHAT IS SO TERRIBLY DIFFICULT ABOUT ME THAT I FORCE YOU TO.. TO... MAKE UP WORDS? AH, WELL, THE QUESTION WAS RHETORICAL... I SUPPOSE THE ONLY FAIR THING FOR US TO DO IS TO HAVE A DEBIL-OFF, EH, WHAT? YOU BE ME... AND I'LL BE YOU. K, YOU GO FIRST...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1085789 Feb 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That was you, ya fkn liar.
Wrong, LMAO! You're delusional. Everybody here knows I don't post under any other name you fear filled subhuman cretin. I saw you run back to the president failed thread and tell Jax all about your zombies.
THE DEBIL

Chantilly, VA

#1085790 Feb 24, 2014
16, DEAR, I WROTE YOU ALL KINDS OF THINGS EARLIER BUT I KEEP FORGETTING TOPIX IS OWNED BY INDIANS AN, WELL, YOU KNOW... IT'S ALRIGHT THOUGH... I'VE GOT PLENTY MORE.... (THINGS TO WRITE YOU, NOT NECESSARILY INDIANS...)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1085791 Feb 24, 2014
Carol Costello Doubles Down on CNN Declaration of No Climate Change Debate
By P.J. Gladnick | February 24, 2014 | 12:19
It appears that CNN is now going all in on its assertion that there is no climate change debate. Despite the absurdity of a news organization openly declaring that it is closed to any arguments to the contrary, the CNN Newsroom anchor Carol Costello has proudly declared her mind closed on this topic. In an opinion piece published at CNN.Com , Costello boldly took pride in her refusal to consider facts contrary to her belief in the very first sentence: "There is no debate."
Got that? Cased closed and so is her mind as she went on to prove:
Climate change is real. And, yes, we are, in part, to blame.
There is a 97% consensus among scientific experts that humans are causing global warming. Ninety-seven percent!
Yet some very vocal Americans continue to debate what is surely fact.
The question is, why?
GASP! Imagine that. Americans still want to debate this topic. Oh, the horror. The horror! BTW, Carol, you slipped a bit there when you used the term "global warming." Since the earth has not warmed as predicted, the new operative phrase is now "climate change" so as to try to avoid the embarrassment of the failed predictions.
To help bolster her case to shut down debate, Costello interviewed the director of the Yale Project on Climate Change Communication, Anthony Leiserowitz, who describes himself as "a geographer trained in the cognitive and social psychology of risk perception and decision making." Here is how the cognitively trained geographer classified the social psychology of those involved in global warming, oops, I mean climate change debate that Costello insists must not take place because "there is no debate":
"We've found there are six very (specific) categories that respond to this issue in different ways," he said.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1085792 Feb 24, 2014
He calls these categories "Global Warming's Six Americas."
The first group, "The Alarmed," is made up 16% of the public. They believe climate change is an urgent problem but have no clear idea of how to fix it.
The second group (27%) is "The Concerned." They believe climate change is a problem but think it's more about polar bears and tiny islands than a problem that directly affects them.
The third group, "The Cautious" (23%), are people on the fence. They haven't made up their minds whether global warming is real or if it's a man-made problem.
The fourth group, "The Disengaged" (5%), doesn't know anything about climate change.
The fifth group, "The Doubtful" (12%), do not think climate change is man-made. They think it's natural and poses no long-term risk.
Leiserowitz says it's the sixth group, "The Dismissives," that is the most problematic, even though it comprises just 15% of the public. "They say it's a hoax, scientists are making up data, it's a U.N. conspiracy (or) Al Gore and his friends want to get rich." Leiserowitz goes on to say, "It's a really loud 15%....(It's a) pretty well-organized 15%."
How about "The Dogmatics?" That would include most of CNN and many in the MSM who continue to refuse to even listen to contrary views that might contradict their strict global warming belief because "there is no debate."
Since Costello and guest had no time to actually discuss anything to do with climate science, she took a shot at the funding of those who did not blindly accept the One True Faith of global warming:
Meanwhile, the climate change "counter movement" has been helped along by an infusion of cash from, among others, some in the powerful fossil fuel industry. A recent study by Drexel University found that conservative foundations and others have bankrolled climate denial to the tune of $558 million between 2003 and 2010.
Left unsaid are the huge government and liberal grants given to organizations and people subscribing to the global warming faith including Anthony Leiserowitz's Yale Project On Climate Change Communication. Here is a page listing the breathtaking array of deep pocket organizations funding a project designed to smear skeptics. These are some of the sponsors of the climate change propaganda project:
National Science Foundation: An independent federal agency with a yearly budget (as of 2010) of $6.9 to spread the wealth among the like minded which means no bucks to the skeptics.
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2014...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1085793 Feb 24, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Rectal Cranial Insertion.
LMAO! I thought his cranium has been lodged in his for time immemorial.
OKLIHOMA CRUDE

Oklahoma City, OK

#1085795 Feb 24, 2014
Well, I guess it all sorta began back in Norman... Norman, he was my dad.. I don't recall my mom, she died in childbirth... literally... she choked on a placenta she found in a dumpster... Well, daddy did the best he could but it was the depression after all... we lived in a groundhog den the first few years and, after that, Daddy just wasn't the same no more.... He'd sit there in the entrance to the burrow and just get that 1000 yard stare, you know? It was like he was lookin' at something - you could wave a dishrag in front of his eyes an' he wouldn't even blink... but we never knew what.. none of us 13 kids did... we'd just pick his chair up and move him out of the way so we could go play with the other groundhogs... For a long time we thought we WAS groundhogs... to this day if I hear someone whistle I'll stand up on my hind legs and look curiously around... nearly got me killed more than once...
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1085796 Feb 24, 2014
Republican outreach....

Virginia Republican Says A Pregnant Woman Is Just A 'Host,' Though 'Some Refer To Them As Mothers'

Tarina Keene, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia, told The Huffington Post in an email that Martin's rant reveals the "contempt" that anti-abortion lawmakers have for women.

"Sen. Steve Martin obviously has zero understanding of the reality of reproductive choice and what it means for women to have control over their bodies, families, and lives," Keene said. "His remarks demonstrate what exactly these extreme lawmakers mean when they talk about 'personhood'- that pregnant women are no more than vessels. Even more outrageous, he also fails to understand how he as a lawmaker can help empower women to reduce unintended pregnancies -- something that should be a common goal for all."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/24/stev...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1085797 Feb 24, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing there, Dumb Dave sock.
so stupid...clearly we a re not the same people...

we don't even have the same ideology!

just sore cuz i showed what a fool you are again?

you must be getting used to it by now...
OKLIHOMA CRUDE

Oklahoma City, OK

#1085798 Feb 24, 2014
Anyways, I growed up hard and wasn't too long before I was runnin' with a bad crowd... lemmings. Yeah, we'd go from this juke joint to that... strated with stealin' the peanut shells off the floors but, you can imagine, it got a lot worse after that... I did my time... joined the Navy... saw the world... yup there was an old globe there in the cell with me... and that's when I noticed it... there was a sticker there on that globe, you could just barely read it... it said, Porky Pig's Personal Bar-b-Q! I just knew it right then... I'd found my true love!

When I got out... we tunneled out of course... I took me a job in a de-fense plant makin' bullets... Yep, from dusk til dawn we'd stuff them little rascals down in them other little rascals just like in prison. Frankly the bullet business coulda been better but I was young and didn't know no better... turns out I wouldn't need to. Turns out my luck was just about to change... but I got a charge out of the whole thing nonetheless... kinda made me who I am today...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1085799 Feb 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Republican outreach....
Virginia Republican Says A Pregnant Woman Is Just A 'Host,' Though 'Some Refer To Them As Mothers'
Tarina Keene, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia, told The Huffington Post in an email that Martin's rant reveals the "contempt" that anti-abortion lawmakers have for women.
"Sen. Steve Martin obviously has zero understanding of the reality of reproductive choice and what it means for women to have control over their bodies, families, and lives," Keene said. "His remarks demonstrate what exactly these extreme lawmakers mean when they talk about 'personhood'- that pregnant women are no more than vessels. Even more outrageous, he also fails to understand how he as a lawmaker can help empower women to reduce unintended pregnancies -- something that should be a common goal for all."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/24/stev...
seriously, all the dems have to do is bring up the abortion issue , rape or even just pregnancy in every campaign and then sit back and watch the republicans hang themselves...

it seems almost as if they cannot help themselves!
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1085800 Feb 24, 2014
Conservative media outlets found guilty of biased global warming coverage

New studies show conservative and politically neutral media outlets are creating false balance in climate change reporting

There's a 97 percent consensus on human-caused global warming in the peer-reviewed climate science literature and among climate experts. There's a 96 percent consensus in the climate research that humans are responsible for most of the current global warming. The 2013 IPCC report agrees with this position with 95 percent confidence, and states that humans are most likely responsible for 100 percent of the global warming since 1951.

Yet a new study conducted by Media Matters for America shows that in stories about the 2013 IPCC report, rather than accurately reflect this expert consensus, certain media outlets have created a false perception of discord amongst climate scientists.

Specifically, politically conservative news outlets like Rupert Murdoch's Fox News and the Wall Street Journal were responsible for the lion's share of the false balance, disproportionately representing climate contrarians in their stories about the IPCC report.

The Media Matters study focused on American news outlets, but similar patterns have been observed in other international media markets. Mat Hope at Carbon Brief reviewed UK media coverage of the IPCC report. Based on the IPCC story headlines he compiled, the politically conservative Times, Daily Mail, and Telegraph gave climate contrarian views disproportionate coverage, unlike The Guardian, Observer, and Independent. Rupert Murdoch's The Australian also heavily featured climate contrarians in its climate stories leading up to the 2013 IPCC report.

Because there are so few climate scientist contrarians to choose from, most of the guests casting doubt on human-caused global warming and the IPCC report were not climate scientists. It's important to remember that the scientific evidence has no political bias, which suggests that the disproportionate representation of climate contrarians is a result of the political biases in the media outlets themselves.

The 19 percent of guests classified as 'climate scientists' in the above graphic is also very generous to the conservative American media outlets. The 19 percent is comprised of Judith Curry, Willie Soon (who has received $1m from coal and oil industry interests since 2001), and Anthony Tsonis (whose research on ocean cycles is entirely consistent with human-caused global warming, but whose views Fox News portrayed inaccurately).

This practice is known as "false balance," where the 3 percent of climate contrarians are given a disproportionate amount of media coverage, creating the perception that there is a significant divide amongst climate experts. In their purported efforts to be "fair and balanced" and represent "both sides," these media outlets are actually creating an unbalanced perception of reality. The reality is that 97 percent of climate experts and evidence support human-caused global warming. The findings in the IPCC report are consistent with that expert consensus, as we would expect, since the IPCC report is simply a summary of the body of scientific research.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climat...
OKLIHOMA CRUDE

Oklahoma City, OK

#1085801 Feb 24, 2014
I had me a second job at the 7-11 changing out the mentholated wax cakes in the urinals. It was a hard job, but I knew if I wanted to better myself, I was gonna have to take it on the chin and that's just what I did. I discovered that if you put a bag over your head while you were makin' a grab for them cakes you wouldn't get NEAR as wet! That was my first invention... I called it, the umbrella! Well, wasn't no time til I sold the idea to a christian couple in Del Rio for $35. I can tell you I wished daddy was still alive to see me one-ced I was able to buy some shoes and make a man of myself. It were quite a time... This is a great country... wherever it is...?
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1085802 Feb 24, 2014
GOP Deeply Divided Over Climate Change

Two-thirds of Americans (67%) say there is solid evidence that the earth has been getting warmer over the last few decades, a figure that has changed little in the past few years. While partisan differences over climate change remain substantial, Republicans face greater internal divisions over this issue than do Democrats.

Just 25% of Tea Party Republicans say there is solid evidence of global warming, compared with 61% of non-Tea Party Republicans.

The national survey by the Pew Research Center, conducted Oct. 9-13 among 1,504 adults, finds that most people who see solid evidence of global warming – 44% of the public overall – say it is mostly caused by human activity, such as burning fossil fuels. Just 18% say it is mainly caused by natural patterns in the earth’s environment.

http://www.people-press.org/2013/11/01/gop-de...
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1085803 Feb 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>seriously, all the dems have to do is bring up the abortion issue , rape or even just pregnancy in every campaign and then sit back and watch the republicans hang themselves...
it seems almost as if they cannot help themselves!
arrogance can be a hindrance.
OKLIHOMA CRUDE

Oklahoma City, OK

#1085804 Feb 24, 2014
It were several years before I'd saved enough of my earnings to open my own bar-b-que, and I can tell you it were a big day! I called it, "Norman's Bar-b-que, cause I just knowd my daddy woulda been proud of me makin' somethin' of myself comin' from the hard-scrable beginnings I'd come from. Ain't America great? It only right that the whole sun go around this place every day like Jesus made it do...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1085805 Feb 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>again. why are you switching topics?
when was this proven? from the tea party guy who gave us "keep your gov't hands off my medicare!"??? that intelligent guy? the people who backed christine o'donnell? really?
why do you alwasy change subjects when you are proven wrong and why are you switchesw always srong themselves?
oh yeah., you are a stupid coward!!!
You suffer from Alzheimer's, also. You're the one who called the TEA Party stupid. Perhaps you are ignorant of this:
Since it was proven the TEA Party members were more educated than all other political factions, just what are you saying about yourself?
(That fact probably wasn't in your indoctrination session, was it?)

Now, please include the links to Obama sending arms from Qadaffy's munitions stockpiles through Benghazi to the Al Qaeda invaders in Syria.
OKLIHOMA CRUDE

Oklahoma City, OK

#1085806 Feb 24, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, LMAO! You're delusional. Everybody here knows I don't post under any other name you fear filled subhuman cretin.
I'm sorry, but, what difference would it make if you did?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1085807 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
unlike you and Ghost, Carol did not change her name to deceive.....
Oh, really? What did she change her name for, only non-reading Galt I know. She wanted a date with the debil? That ain't gonna' happen.(BTW, Ghost is no longer on here. You'd think you could figure out that people are not all like you.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 243,471
Trump is A (Oct '17) 1 hr Chilli J 769
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr honeymylove 12,321
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr honeymylove 2,615
President Donald Trump 1 hr Is the Great 1 6
REPENT SCIOTA ILL REPENT JESUS CHRIST FOREVER ... 4 hr REPENT 1
We needed a miracle...so God sent Donald Trump 5 hr FruitFlavoredFreda 3

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages