Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
el cid 777

Scranton, PA

#1084285 Feb 21, 2014
Hi! I would like to give you a message, I received, at a Roman
Catholic church....The priest was giving a homily (sermon)...He stopped
in the middle of his sermon and said in a loud voice: "I want you to
start your ministry. Do not come on too strong with the people. Even
you do not know who you are!" So, now I say to the people on the
internet: "Who am I? Why do I have so much sickness? Who do you
say that I am?" ....note: I learned a trick on the internet...try this...any
and all sick people place your hand on this blog/forum and The Lord`s
Prayer or Our Father for a healing....Peace and love, el cid 777
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084286 Feb 21, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't expect any other reply from you.
it's just the truth.

so yeah, you nailed it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084288 Feb 21, 2014
Greg Abbott campaign surrogate Ted Nugent’s paean to sex with underage girls ‘Jailbait’

One group that both Republican Greg Abbott and Democrat Wendy Davis want to attract in the governor’s race is suburban women, particularly independent and GOP-leaning voters. That’s not a group likely to find Abbott’s decision to campaign with rocker Ted Nugent a good one. Nugent — an outspoken gun-rights advocate — has been blistered in recent days for calling President Obama “a subhuman mongrel” and women leaders “fat pigs.” But potentially more politically damaging to the Abbott campaign is Nugent’s past acknowledgement of having sex with underage girls.

As attorney general, Abbott pledged as part of his conservative agenda to fight sexual predators who target young girls. Nugent took the campaign stage with Abbott this week where the attorney general touted him as a “fighter for freedom” because of his appeal to gun-rights voters in Texas. But then there’s this, Nugent’s 1981 paean to sex with underage girls entitled Jailbait. Here are some lyrics:

Jailbait you look so good to me Jailbait won’t you set me free Jailbait you look fine fine fine I know I’ve got to have you in a matter of time

Well I don’t care if you’re just thirteen You look too good to be true I just know that you’re probably clean There’s one lil’ thing I got to do to you

Jailbait you look so good to me Jailbait won’t you set me free Jailbait you look fine fine fine I know I’ve got to have you in a matter of time

So tell your mama that I’m back in town She likes us boys when it’s time to get down She’s got this craving for the underage I just might be your mama’s brand new rage.

And your moment of zen: the Motor City Madman in concert, singing Jailbait. We’ve asked Abbott’s campaign for comment.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/0...

FOX excuses will now rain down upon us.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1084289 Feb 21, 2014
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084290 Feb 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again. Changing the subject to avoid the question. Once again, to you believe it is acceptable to allow TransCanada (a foreign, privately owned company) to do an end run around the the Public Service Commission in an attempt to forcefully take private property from U.S. citizens? The only "Gestapo tactic" is that being used by TransCanada and Republican Governor Dave Heineman to claim property belonging to U.S. citizens which will only benefit a foreign corporation and oil interests.
America doesn't care about the Keystone pipeline...

middle class voters are ready to run DemoKKKrats out of Washington for screwing them with ObamaKKKare.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084292 Feb 21, 2014
Ted Nugent and How the Conservative Press Can't Hide Its Hate Streak

It's too soon to tell whether Ted Nugent's noxious career as a conservative pundit reached a tipping point this week, but the moment he called in sick to CNN and backed out of a scheduled interview with Erin Burnett as Republican politicians denounced him might soon be seen as a flash point for the fading rock star and the incendiary brand of hate rhetoric he's been cashing in on for years. It might also be viewed as a key stumbling moment for the conservative media, which have been unable in recent years to establish any sort of guardrails for common decency within the realm of political debate.

Increasingly reliant on bad fringe actors like Nugent to connect with their far, far-right audience, the conservative media have built up Obama-bashing personalities who no longer occupy any corner of the American mainstream. Yet Nugent enjoys deep ties with Republican campaigns all across the country. When those ties receive media scrutiny, they cannot be defended.

National Rifle Association board member Nugent found himself at the center of a campaign controversy this week when he was invited to two public events for Texas Republican Greg Abbott, who is running for governor. Of course Nugent, a former Washington Times columnist who now writes for birther website WND, recently called President Obama a "communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel" and has a long and vivid history of launching vile attacks on women.(He's called Hillary Clinton a "toxic c**t.")

Following waves of condemnations for the association, and a torrent of critical media coverage, with reporters and pundits wondering why a gubernatorial candidate would voluntarily campaign with someone who spouts "insane and racist talk," as CNN's Jake Tapper put it, Abbott claimed he wasn't aware of Nugent history of racist and misogynistic comments. If so, Abbott's campaign staff is utterly incompetent.(The "subhuman mongrel" comment, unearthed last month by Media Matters, was highlighted by a number of outlets at the time, including on MSNBC.)

It's likely Abbott and his staff did know about Nugent's dark rhetoric, since that's all he traffics in. But because that kind of hate speech has become so accepted and even celebrated within the bubble for right-wing media, they failed to see the danger of embracing it.

Following the ill-fated campaign events, which made national headlines, Abbott has defended the decision to bring Nugent to the state, claiming that in Texas politics Nugent remain popular. But if inviting Nugent to become an Abbott surrogate was so clever, why did likely Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul step forward to denounce Nugent and his "offensive" Obama commentary?

Why did Abbott's fellow Texan, Gov. Rick Perry "recommend" Nugent apologize? And why did Nugent back out of his CNN interview just two hours before taping?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-boehlert/t...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084293 Feb 21, 2014
As the media scrutiny settled on Nugent, even staunch conservative Republicans have been unable to defend him -- his commentary over the years is just too vile. If the Abbott campaign didn't directly insist on the CNN cancellation (Nugent cited illness), it's fair to say his aides were greatly relieved that Nugent didn't fuel the story for another 24-hour news cycle via an extended CNN interview where no doubt more confused Nazi analogies would have been aired.(CNN's Wolf Blitzer had already condemned Nugent's comments, noting that the phrase "subhuman mongrel" bore resemblance to "untermensch," which is "what the Nazis called Jews ... to justify the genocide of the Jewish community.")

And then there was Fox News, Nugent's longtime ally in the pursuit of Obama demagoguery, and where just last month Bill O'Reilly welcomed Nugent. As Abbott's self-inflicted wound deepened this week, and as news outlets all across the country addressed the clumsy campaign association, Fox News went silent. Not only refusing to defend Nugent, Fox wouldn't even cover the burgeoning controversy.

The network -- which was happy to give Nugent a softball interview just two weeks ago -- still hasn't mentioned the firestorm over his campaigning with Abbott.

Ted Nugent has been practicing his brand of openly vile hate for a very long time. And with each passing year of the Obama administration he's been welcomed deeper and deeper into the heart of the conservative media machine. This week's Abbott uproar was instructive in that the bright spotlight shone on Nugent helped remind people just how radical, dangerous and out of touch that movement has become, and how that hate cannot be hidden.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-boehlert/t...
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1084294 Feb 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Greg Abbott campaign surrogate Ted Nugent’s paean to sex with underage girls ‘Jailbait’
One group that both Republican Greg Abbott and Democrat Wendy Davis want to attract in the governor’s race is suburban women, particularly independent and GOP-leaning voters. That’s not a group likely to find Abbott’s decision to campaign with rocker Ted Nugent a good one. Nugent — an outspoken gun-rights advocate — has been blistered in recent days for calling President Obama “a subhuman mongrel” and women leaders “fat pigs.” But potentially more politically damaging to the Abbott campaign is Nugent’s past acknowledgement of having sex with underage girls.
As attorney general, Abbott pledged as part of his conservative agenda to fight sexual predators who target young girls. Nugent took the campaign stage with Abbott this week where the attorney general touted him as a “fighter for freedom” because of his appeal to gun-rights voters in Texas. But then there’s this, Nugent’s 1981 paean to sex with underage girls entitled Jailbait. Here are some lyrics:
Well I don’t care if you’re just thirteen You look too good to be true I just know that you’re probably clean There’s one lil’ thing I got to do to you
So tell your mama that I’m back in town She likes us boys when it’s time to get down She’s got this craving for the underage I just might be your mama’s brand new rage.
And your moment of zen: the Motor City Madman in concert, singing Jailbait. We’ve asked Abbott’s campaign for comment.
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/0...
FOX excuses will now rain down upon us.
It was a song dimwit .... not an acknowledgement of a personal act. Liberals can be quite disingenious.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084295 Feb 21, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a song dimwit .... not an acknowledgement of a personal act. Liberals can be quite disingenious.
Romney supporter Ted Nugent: Pedophile? He says so!

Romney’s Ted Nugent problem is about to get a whole lot worse if the mainstream media ever decides to report that Mittens has not rebuked a self-admitted pedophile. In a 1998 episode of VH1’s Behind The Music, Ted Nugent admitted to being a serial pedophile. VH1 politely phrased this as,“his weakness for young women.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/romney-suppor...

isn't he, like, on FOX all the time?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1084296 Feb 21, 2014
NASA debuted a pizza printer at Austin's SXSW Eco in September. They're still working on getting the recipe right -- the pizza they baked at the expo was made of dough topped with ketchup and cream cheese. Almost, but not quite, guys. A heated plate bakes the dish as it comes out.

The space agency is particularly interested in 3D printers, considering how much easier it would be to send one of those into space along with dehydrated ingredients instead of bulkier prepared foods. Long-distance space travel requires food with 15-plus years of shelf life, and the printer ingredients could last up to 30 years. So, the first human beings to set foot on Mars could very well celebrate with a pizza party, and that's awesome.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1084297 Feb 21, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Democrats love to destroy!
Detroit's emergency manager filed a plan Friday to restructure the city's $18 billion debt by making cuts to pensions and creditors while offering a blueprint for emerging from the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history.
Here in California we have a Democratic Governor who did what our Republican Governor refused to do....restructured our out of control pension plans.

By increasing the retirement age for new employees depending on their job, capping the annual payout at $132,120, eliminating numerous abuses of the system and requiring workers who are not contributing half of their retirement costs to pay more, Brown has saved California. Unlike our Republican Governor who was the destroyer.

In the 2012 bill signed by Governor Brown, Democrats included language that will "raise contribution rates for about 75,000 state workers, including park rangers, game wardens and firefighters, to bring them up to the 50 percent level of pension contribution over the next two years."

Moody's, Fitch and S&P have all raised California's credit rating since Brown took over the helm from Republican Schwarzenegger.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/12/cali...

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1084298 Feb 21, 2014
flack wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/news/art icles/SB1000142405270230394570 4579391611041331266
C'mon Flack, the guy's Doctorate is in Divinity. Geez little feller all your experts are flakes and fakirs. Still laughing at the NASA , cough, scientist you once cited who was an evolution denier.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1084299 Feb 21, 2014
At this year's London 3D Printshow, design firm Fripp Design & Research unveiled eerily lifelike prostheses.

"Conventional maxillofacial prosthetics are incredibly laborious and expensive to produce," Tom Fripp told The Guardian. Silicone ears and noses might cost $4,000 each, constructed by taking an impression of the injured area, sculpting the body part out of wax as it should appear, and then casting that shape in silicone.

By the printer method, researchers have been able to use digital cameras to capture the likeness of an injured area, along with the patient's skin tone, to create a digital model of the needed part before sending it off to a Z Corp Z510 color 3D printer. This costs about the same as a handcrafted prosthetic, but because the parts often become damaged over time, replacements can be made quickly for only about $150.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1084300 Feb 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Ted Nugent and How the Conservative Press Can't Hide Its Hate Streak
Nor can Bill Maher/Chris Matthews/Ed Schultz, etc., etc., and the left wing press hide theirs.

What's your point?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1084301 Feb 21, 2014
Imagine a future in which someone made a donut just for you -- with just the right amount of calories and maybe some extra fiber for good measure. Except that someone is a machine, and the donut is 3D printed based on the personal health data you've given it.

Researchers at Cornell University's Fab@Home lab demonstrated a printer that did something similar with cookies. Two people fed information about their height, weight and BMI into the printer, which baked two deceptively identical-looking snowflake-shaped cookies that actually comprised different ingredients based on each person's nutritional requirements.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1084302 Feb 21, 2014
Unlike violins, whose shape and sound doesn't stray far from the classic standard, there's a lot more freedom in guitar design and material use. Pictured above is a fully functional, 3D-printed Gibson Les Paul, displayed at last year's Maker Faire exhibition.

It's also possible to print acoustic guitars. Designer Scott Summit printed one last year, having spent his childhood lusting after a $3,000 model like Jerry Garcia's. He didn't have high expectations for the guitar's sound quality, but apparently it works alright. Summit is already envisioning a future where musicians order custom guitars to produce unique sounds.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#1084303 Feb 21, 2014
I love how the left celebrates failures and lies! They are the 2 pillars of the Democratic party. Without failures or lies the Democratic party would cease to exist!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1084304 Feb 21, 2014
Expectant parents often show off ultrasound scans to friends and family, whose responses may range from enthused to wising the couple would chill out already. Thanks to 3D printing though, a mother-to-be can now capture everyone's attention with a life-size model of her fetus.

Fasotec, a Japanese 3D printing company, and Tokyo's Hiroo Ladies clinic began a service that produces the replicas by scanning a pregnant woman's abdomen. The fetus (which, to be clear, is left unharmed to become a real, live human being) is printed with clear filament so we can all see the semi-formed baby inside, printed in ghostly white. Not creepy at all.

This one is for you Lily.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1084305 Feb 21, 2014
It's time to step back and congratulate ourselves -- mankind has advanced to the point of printing in chocolate. Artists in South Africa used another modified MakerBot machine to produce 3D-printed chocolate sculptures as part of a campaign to promote Android's new KitKat operating system.

The collection was displayed at the Museum of African Design in Johannesburg for a few days last week as part of an exhibit called Chocnology.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1084306 Feb 21, 2014
Mechanics -- and Jay Leno -- have been using 3D printers to make replacement auto parts for years. This capability could prove especially useful for soldiers in the field who might be caught miles away from a repair station.

In two years, a couple of 20-something brothers are slated to drive a 3D-printed car cross-country, when the design is ready. The pod-like thing, named Urbee 2, is efficiently aerodynamic and gets an impressive 300 miles to the gallon. Cody and Tyler Kor, along with their dog, plan on tracing the path driven by the first two men to traverse the U.S. by motor vehicle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min loose cannon 184,774
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 58 min GayleWood 51,325
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 51,334
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,698
Dear Abby 2-26-15 7 hr PEllen 1
Amy 2-26-15 7 hr PEllen 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 11 hr Red_Forman 502
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News