Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404041 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1084813 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the overthrow of the Ukrainian dictator should worry Obama....
lol! Funny how Syria, Libya, Egypt all concern reich wingers!!!

Then again, Georgia never worried them when bushie boy had to ask for permission from Russia!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1084814 Feb 22, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Guys like you & Vladimir Lenin should know, son!
lol! Your hero... Vlad!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1084815 Feb 22, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Bunk, liar! You post the first thing you read on a liberal website, without finding a confirming source. You are just another leftwing nutjob that misrepresents yourself, liar.
Look moron, go fix your cheap keyboard, you annoying twerp.
lol! poor little ruskie.

lies are your domain aren't they boy?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1084816 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
another grossly overused law/program are "Amber Alerts", more often than not used in child custody disputes, not real kidnappings....
lol! Why son?

You got caught?

Learned your lesson yet?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084817 Feb 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But you right whiners keep arguing that CO2 is natural & thereby harmless.
carbon dioxide is natural, produced by human respiration, and is not toxic to humans in concentrations more than 100 times the concentration in the atmosphere....

drinkers of sissy, fizzy light beer, like your fellow traveler Realslime, consume vast quantities of carbon dioxide....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084818 Feb 22, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's either Micron or Simplot__unless the mutt lives in some shthole far from Boise, in which case he's already a lyin sack.
or perhaps Albertson's, which is failing like all other unionized supermarket chains....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084820 Feb 22, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hollywood and Entertainment Media in general jumped all over Sarah Palin saying some really nasty stuff regarding here and her family. Nutjobs in Marquee Lights.
Robert DeNiro shot his psychotic mouth off, too.
Real Nutjob hanging from the Cliff of Sanity.
De Niro Apologizes For ‘White First Lady’ Comment: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/03/21/den...
There are lots more, Doodette.
Why does your gun always go off half-cocked?
Pubic Hair Trigger?
Fox News contributor Bernard Goldberg accused both conservatives and liberals on Friday of harboring double standards when it came to downplaying vulgar comments by their political favorites, while repudiating rocker Ted Nugent’s history during an interview with colleague Megyn Kelly.

“This a story, Megyn, about monumental and despicable hypocrisy by liberal media and — and– conservative media,” Goldberg told Kelly.“If a conservative like, let’s say Sarah Palin, is slimed by, let’s say, Bill Maher, what happens? Liberals, they play down the story. They don’t care about it. Conservatives are rightly outraged, but liberals aren’t. But when a liberal like the President of the United States is called a ‘subhuman mongrel,’ what happens then? Conservatives in the media — virtually, if not literally, until this show, anyway — ignore that story, too.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/21/fox-new...

so i'm half cocked? got a mirror handy?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084821 Feb 22, 2014
finally....some noise from FOX....

Ted Nugent, Wendy Davis and CNN: The politics of inflammatory speech

There’s no shortage of manufactured outrage in the political world, but sometimes the outrage is utterly warranted.

What Ted Nugent said about President Obama is so far beyond the pale that it needs to be called out. The more interesting question is whether a candidate who allies himself with Nugent should be held responsible for the incendiary language.

Nugent, after all, is an aging rock-n-roller who traffics in over-the-top talk. That makes him something of a media magnet, even though his role is basically that of celebrity provocateur.

It was at a gun show a few weeks ago that Nugent called Obama not just a “chimpanzee,” but “a Chicago, Communist- raised, Communist-educated, Communist-nurtured, subhuman mongrel.”

He can brand the president a commie if he wants, but such phrases as chimp and subhuman mongrel are truly offensive.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/21/te...

so if FOX thinks it's offensive, then i guess we all do at this point.

so let's hear it....who's to the right of FOX News?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084822 Feb 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
finally....some noise from FOX....
Ted Nugent, Wendy Davis and CNN: The politics of inflammatory speech
There’s no shortage of manufactured outrage in the political world, but sometimes the outrage is utterly warranted.
What Ted Nugent said about President Obama is so far beyond the pale that it needs to be called out. The more interesting question is whether a candidate who allies himself with Nugent should be held responsible for the incendiary language.
Nugent, after all, is an aging rock-n-roller who traffics in over-the-top talk. That makes him something of a media magnet, even though his role is basically that of celebrity provocateur.
It was at a gun show a few weeks ago that Nugent called Obama not just a “chimpanzee,” but “a Chicago, Communist- raised, Communist-educated, Communist-nurtured, subhuman mongrel.”
He can brand the president a commie if he wants, but such phrases as chimp and subhuman mongrel are truly offensive.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/21/te...
so if FOX thinks it's offensive, then i guess we all do at this point.
so let's hear it....who's to the right of FOX News?
Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro were/are Obama supporters.....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1084823 Feb 22, 2014
Brokenpp wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, Dave drinks sissy beer.
With Jax and Paul probably.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1084824 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro were/are Obama supporters.....
True and all 3 are liars and commies.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1084825 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Donald Trump is not a conservative.....
Ted Nugent's politics are unclear except on gun control....
so, did you have a point????....
"Ted Nugent's politics are unclear"...are you nuts? He may be an embarrassment but he is one of yours. You can't just sweep him under the rug.

In his book, he wrote that if he were president he'd deport all those on welfare. He said he'd "instruct the U.S. military warriors to do their job — win the global war on terror right now and eliminate all threats from all sources by any means necessary" and he would get us out of the United Nations. He bleeds conservatism.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/10/10/rocke...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1084826 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Tick, I'm already done. Debil bows to you superior intellectual skills. Now where's that l'il girlfriend of yours...? As I said, you're an engineer aren't you?
why would you think i am an engineer? are you stupid or just slow..oh wait, i proved you are both...thank you for bowing to my superior intellect. you knew you would eventually..

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1084827 Feb 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
NTR nailed ME to the wall? I missed that one too. NTR tell you that? LOL!
You're a coward and a loser. You get intellectually assraped post after post but you're too fcking stupid to realize it. I know when your bubble is blank. You fall back to this imbecilic child's game thinking it'll hide your witless ignorance. Play on, it's as close to repartee as you can get.
BTW. What schools and what communities did you say you turned around??
oh look at the little lying boy throwing a tantrum..you've been exposed for the fraud you are scum....

when have i ever been bested intellectually that you can point to dear? yet i have so many to point to for you losing badly, and it seems others do also, like NTR....

run along lying scum, there is no worse scum than those that lie about serving their nation...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1084828 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
carbon dioxide is natural, produced by human respiration, and is not toxic to humans in concentrations more than 100 times the concentration in the atmosphere....
drinkers of sissy, fizzy light beer, like your fellow traveler Realslime, consume vast quantities of carbon dioxide....
Natural CO2 and human CO2 are two different animals.

The natural cycle adds and removes CO2 to keep a balance; fossil fuels add extra CO2 without removing any. Since the land and oceans can only absorb about 40% of all the extra CO2 produced by humans, the rest remains in the atmosphere. Those are scientific facts.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1084829 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
or perhaps Albertson's, which is failing like all other unionized supermarket chains....
When unionized chains like Albertsons have to compete against non-union stores like Walmart, Target and Whole Foods it is going to be difficult. I view that as a problem with non-union stores, not unionized ones.

"When companies treat and compensate their workers fairly, they are investing in their own business, and strengthening the communities around them. It’s time for Walmart to follow Gap’s lead, and listen to the workers who have been calling for change for so long. No one who works full-time should have to live in poverty."

http://www.ufcw.org/2014/02/20/low-wage-worke...
WOODNUTIQ57

Satellite Beach, FL

#1084830 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh look at the little lying boy throwing a tantrum..you've been exposed for the fraud you are scum....
when have i ever been bested intellectually that you can point to dear? yet i have so many to point to for you losing badly, and it seems others do also, like NTR....
run along lying scum, there is no worse scum than those that lie about serving their nation...
"lying"? "fraud"? Did you say, "lying" and "fraud"?... LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... "Fraud of Many Years" ... LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084831 Feb 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ted Nugent's politics are unclear"...are you nuts? He may be an embarrassment but he is one of yours. You can't just sweep him under the rug.
In his book, he wrote that if he were president he'd deport all those on welfare. He said he'd "instruct the U.S. military warriors to do their job — win the global war on terror right now and eliminate all threats from all sources by any means necessary" and he would get us out of the United Nations. He bleeds conservatism.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/10/10/rocke...
all good ideas, except that all illegal aliens should be deported, not just those on welfare....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084832 Feb 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural CO2 and human CO2 are two different animals.
The natural cycle adds and removes CO2 to keep a balance; fossil fuels add extra CO2 without removing any. Since the land and oceans can only absorb about 40% of all the extra CO2 produced by humans, the rest remains in the atmosphere. Those are scientific facts.
carbon dioxide is carbon dioxide, regardless of the source......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084833 Feb 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
When unionized chains like Albertsons have to compete against non-union stores like Walmart, Target and Whole Foods it is going to be difficult. I view that as a problem with non-union stores, not unionized ones.
"When companies treat and compensate their workers fairly, they are investing in their own business, and strengthening the communities around them. It’s time for Walmart to follow Gap’s lead, and listen to the workers who have been calling for change for so long. No one who works full-time should have to live in poverty."
http://www.ufcw.org/2014/02/20/low-wage-worke...
Bocajew Jean from Queens quotes from the very source that is destroying jobs while trying to keep consumer prices higher....the UFCW....

Walmart really kicks butt by getting good prices from suppliers, not just by paying lower wages.....

meanwhile smart consumers suck up the specials from the supermarket chains while buying the bulk from Walmart, Sam's, and Costco....

if the chains can find a way to offer low prices and still pay union wages, more power to them.....

but the consumer doesn't give a flying f*ck how much the clerks are paid....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 13 min RJS 8,519
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Dale 219,463
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 28 min RACE 103,131
Oceans Gentlemen's Club. A totally awesome, er... 8 hr Strip club man 1
The Official Jonas Brother Chat Room!!!! (Oct '08) 11 hr Kayla Phillips 751
Rating girls 11 hr Habsm22 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 hr dGo mnaDed lyoH r... 60,658

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages