Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601228 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1085238 Feb 23, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Grand Old Spending Party: How Republicans Became Big Spenders
Total government spending grew by 33 percent during Bush’s first term. The federal budget as a share of the economy grew from 18.5 percent of GDP on Clinton’s last day in office to 20.3 percent by the end of Bush’s first term.
The Republican Congress has enthusiastically assisted the budget bloat. Inflation-adjusted spending on the combined budgets of the 101 largest programs they vowed to eliminate in 1995 has grown by 27 percent.
http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analy...
you need to quit ignoring Bush.
That was then. This is now. Republicans haven't had a chance to prove they learned their lesson. Democrats apparently didn't and they've been running the show since 2006.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1085239 Feb 23, 2014
CBS evening news Thursday, no mention of Ray Rice, Venezuela or Il Duce's attempted illegal assault on the 1st amendment, thank goodness for Fox News.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1085240 Feb 23, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> When have the highest average global temperatures been since we started recording temperatures?
i've seen Galt lose an argument with his thermometer...it is fun to watch...and sad also in the pathetic loser trying to sound like he knows something kind of way...

St. Croix valley

#1085241 Feb 23, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos to him for figuring it out. Not that I'm a Stern fan. But at least he gets it.
yeah...when your thought process and moral align with people like that, ya might want to step back and re-evaluate...

St. Croix valley

#1085242 Feb 23, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was then. This is now. Republicans haven't had a chance to prove they learned their lesson. Democrats apparently didn't and they've been running the show since 2006.
when would they have learned this lesson? who learned it? it is the same crowd!

Orlando, FL

#1085243 Feb 23, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
It took a Democrat to clean up his mess.
You mean Bill Clinton? Who benefited from Reagan's trickle down economics? Who followed the lead of his Republican Congress for six years? Who signed the Republican passed Welfare Reform Act? Who sounded like Reagan when he announced "the era of big government is over"?

That Democrat?

St. Croix valley

#1085245 Feb 23, 2014
harmonious wrote:
CBS evening news Thursday, no mention of Ray Rice, Venezuela or Il Duce's attempted illegal assault on the 1st amendment, thank goodness for Fox News.
t supposed assault on the 1st is that?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1085246 Feb 23, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, CO2 is absorbed by all green plants.(in large quantities)
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only suggest you get your head out of the sand and educate yourself.
Perhaps you should take your own advice. My statement is quite correct.

Orlando, FL

#1085247 Feb 23, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we know that plants do this.
We also know that the planet can only remove a certain amount of CO2 from the Atmosphere.
We also know that when man pumps more & more into the atmosphere, that the planet cannot absorb it all & the COP2 builds up in to the atmosphere increasing the greenhouse effect.
Tell China and India that. They are the biggest emitters of greenhouse gases. They don't care. Democrats taxing Americans isn't going to prevent climate change.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1085250 Feb 23, 2014
Shock NASA Report: Finds Carbon Dioxide Acts as a Coolant in Earth's Atmosphere...
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: April 22, 2013 04:14PM

"A recent NASA report throws the space agency into conflict with its climatologists after new NASA measurements prove that carbon dioxide acts as a coolant in Earth's atmosphere.

NASA's Langley Research Center has collated data proving that “greenhouse gases” actually block up to 95 percent of harmful solar rays from reaching our planet, thus reducing the heating impact of the sun. The data was collected by Sounding of the Atmosphere using Broadband Emission Radiometry,(or SABER). SABER monitors infrared emissions from Earth’s upper atmosphere, in particular from carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitric oxide (NO), two substances thought to be playing a key role in the energy balance of air above our planet’s surface."

NASA's Langley Research Center instruments show that the thermosphere not only received a whopping 26 billion kilowatt hours of energy from the sun during a recent burst of solar activity, but that in the upper atmospheric carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide molecules sent as much as 95% of that radiation straight back out into space.

The shock revelation starkly contradicts the core proposition of the so-called greenhouse gas theory which claims that more CO2 means more warming for our planet. However, this compelling new NASA data disproves that notion and is a huge embarrassment for NASA's chief climatologist, Dr James Hansen and his team over at NASA's GISS.

[principia-scientific.org]

This correlates with the charts showing global warming has stopped with the increase in CO2 during the last two decades.

(The ground-breaking news below is rather old, but I didn't bother posting it until now that the fallacy of 'man-made' Global Warming was challenged on the Other Topics Forum)

Global Warming Stopped 16 Years Ago, Reveals Met Office Report Quietly Released... and here is the chart to prove it

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

"The figures reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures

This means that the ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996"

“you know i know”

denver

#1085251 Feb 23, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> When have the highest average global temperatures been since we started recording temperatures?
What is the normal temperature? And what is it based upon? 50 years? 100 years? 10,000 years?

The hysterics don't know.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1085252 Feb 23, 2014
NASA – New study shows that CO2 COOLS atmosphere
by ROBERT on APRIL 20, 2013 · 68 COMMENTS
Facebook Twitter

Carbon dioxide acts as a coolant in Earth’s atmosphere, says new NASA report.

“NASA’s Langley Research Center has collated data proving that “greenhouse gases” actually block up to 95 percent of harmful solar rays from reaching our planet, thus reducing the heating impact of the sun,” says to this article on principia-scientific.org .

“The data was collected by Sounding of the Atmosphere using Broadband Emission Radiometry,(or SABER). SABER monitors infrared emissions from Earth’s upper atmosphere, in particular from carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitric oxide (NO), two substances thought to be playing a key role in the energy balance of air above our planet’s surface.”

“Carbon dioxide and nitric oxide are natural thermostats,” explains James Russell of Hampton University, SABER’s principal investigator.“When the upper atmosphere (or ‘thermosphere’) heats up, these molecules try as hard as they can to shed that heat back into space.”

Ain’t science great? First they “prove” that CO2 warms the atmosphere. Now they “prove” that it cools the atmosphere.

Either way, you’re the culprit, and you must pay higher taxes. What a racket!

See entire article:
http://principia-scientific.org/supportnews/l...

Thanks to Steven Rowlandson and Jeff Rense for this link

Orlando, FL

#1085254 Feb 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> when would they have learned this lesson? who learned it? it is the same crowd!
They learned they should have been more vocal and less complacent when Bush warned them - and the Democrats - about Fannie and Freddie.

They also learned there needs to be minimal government oversight to protect consumers without overregulating. The pendulum has swung to the other extreme under this administration.

They learned that government has to manage itself before managing the people.

They aren't perfect. But at least they have a grip on the right direction. They haven't had their chance at bat since the economic fallout.

“you know i know”

denver

#1085255 Feb 23, 2014
Mom called- shut up wrote:
<quoted text>Once upon a time, they had worse scientific equipment & you wore diapers...
Yep, you "win" diaper boy...
LMAO !
Baggers are so amusing, when they compare apples & tea turds...
Hmm, as well as your affinity for getting teabagged down a the docks, you like to eat turds.

Orlando, FL

#1085257 Feb 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he made wedding cakes, whose wedding is the issue, he discriminated against them because they were gay.
a restaurant makes the same product regardles of who orders it..
your argument, as usual has no factual basis..
what you are arguing for is really sharia law...people can disregard our constitution or any law they want on religious grounds...
why are you so stupid to not see that?
Sharia Law condemns gays to death. Not quite the same as refusing to make a gay wedding birthday cake based on the baker's religious beliefs.

St. Croix valley

#1085258 Feb 23, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the normal temperature? And what is it based upon? 50 years? 100 years? 10,000 years?
The hysterics don't know.
who ever said there is a normal temperature..the fact that you would even think that way shows you don't even understand the concept...

St. Croix valley

#1085259 Feb 23, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
They learned they should have been more vocal and less complacent when Bush warned them - and the Democrats - about Fannie and Freddie.
They also learned there needs to be minimal government oversight to protect consumers without overregulating. The pendulum has swung to the other extreme under this administration.
They learned that government has to manage itself before managing the people.
They aren't perfect. But at least they have a grip on the right direction. They haven't had their chance at bat since the economic fallout.
you mean Bush who broke records for spending? seriously?

sorry dear, you really need to stop parroting these people. they are making you look like a fool...

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1085262 Feb 23, 2014
positronium wrote:
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, CO2 is absorbed by all green plants.(in large quantities)<quoted text>Perhaps you should take your own advice. My statement is quite correct.
[Sarcasm on]

¨It has become apparent that the man made, global warming admitters, who are undoubtedly on the right side of history -- at least compared with the anti-science Neanderthals over on this side of the fence -- are absolutely at wit's end (or even a little beyond that) in seeking to understand how anyone could possibly continue in ignorance, when both Leonardo DiCaprio and Scarlett Johansson are on the side of Truth?

[The] question, then, is: Do any of these admitters propose solutions to man made global climate change which do not involve the violation of property rights, the restraint of individual liberty regarding matters of self-preservation (i.e., jobs and wealth-creation), the weakening of every nation's sovereignty in favor of increased "global governance," and the expanded empowerment of thousands of bureaucrats, think-tankers, and advisors accountable to no one?¨

[Sarcasm off]

Don't hold your breath.

“you know i know”

denver

#1085263 Feb 23, 2014
Thanks, Il Duce, now go play some more golf in the desert:

California almond farmers face tough choices

Some California almond farmers decide to rip out high-value trees in face of record dry year

FIREBAUGH, Calif.(AP)-- With California's agricultural heartland entrenched in drought, almond farmers are letting orchards dry up and in some cases making the tough call to have their trees torn out of the ground, leaving behind empty fields.

Kiss a smelt for the farmers too.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1085264 Feb 23, 2014
COASTAL HECATE wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you said above is eerily accurate -- ALL OF IT! I'm gonna do the flashlight thing tonight. Funny you should say that about dry wallers -- maybe it's breathing all that dust. He was stomping around here on his stilts one day like he was gonna go through the floor boards.
Yeah, Yachats would have been my first choice, I think, but I needed some acreage for the equiines. I'd be pleased to meet you (and your wife. Oh, I'd welcome any critiques. To me, it looks a whole lot better than it would have if I had it delivered with their "standard" cabinets, windows, etc. So I tweaked it a bit. Still, it kind of looks like 2 trailers bolted together, which I guess it is. Supposedly, it's solid. I chose a blue roof for some reason, and I thought maybe it was a mistake, but it looks good.
I sure want this to be over -- and you're right -- I'd say there's about 2 or 3 more weeks of this hell. Thanks for your expert opinion. I'm sorry we've had such a crappy topix "relationship" for so long. It's never too late to start over, though. You've made me laugh several times, I must admit. Let me know when you're around, and I'll give you my info (I'll check here periodically, unless I get taken out by a tsunami or somethjing ... ;)
J
When you say "blue roof", are you referring to a metal roof? If yes, I can give you some pointers there as well. Any time I can help, just let me know. Putting this puzzle together is half the fun. You probably still have decks, a garage, a barn..... you're going to be exhausted from the sheer excitement of it all. Oh well, home sweet home.
I'm sorry too. Stick a handful of Type A's on the same continent and sparks are gonna fly.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 23 min They cannot kill ... 1,580
Insane Popes 34th Hoyne Park (Nov '12) 26 min Long Street 23
dead in a freezer in a freaking hotel man. i sw... 29 min She deserved it 25
Coffee with Jesus. 36 min Pissed postert 6
kenneka jenkins needs justice! 46 min Obumer 4
He Fights. 47 min I fought 5
Whatever became of Vida? 2 hr Still in Area 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages