Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580794 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1084753 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but the funny thing is that women often run towards me rather than away? Go figure? As I say, you seem to be new here?
your posts and thoughts would clearly suggest otherwise, they would show you to be a lonely sexually frustrated man with serious misogynistic tendencies...

St. Croix valley

#1084754 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
When I was 10 or so I was watching a mason laying rock on a foundation wall in New England. Fascinated, I just sat there, entranced as any boy might be, watching him lay stone upon stone and somehow the conversation got round to naked women. In any event, the mason, a German right from the olde country, gave me my first insight into the nature of a woman's vagina. He said, and I quote, "What's the big deal, it's just the hairy end of a gut?" That's when I decided I'd better study wood framed construction instead.
the stone mason couldn't have been more wrong. no wonder you are so confused...
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084755 Feb 22, 2014
Besides, it's not the number of women one has seen naked that matters. Rather it's the number of naked women you've smelled, inhaled, devoured, or that have devoured you. In this regard I am like a Labrador Retriever. Sleek, black, with a long nose and supernatural olfactory skills. The first time I meet any attractive woman I just fall to my knees and deeply sniff her butt. This will tell you a lot about her in many, many regards. If she laughs and presses your face more deeply into her crotch, you've made a friend for life and you may be sure she is friendly. If she recoils and pushes you away, it means she's a republican. It also likely means she's a cat person. Try it, you'll see what I mean.
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084756 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> your posts and thoughts would clearly suggest otherwise, they would show you to be a lonely sexually frustrated man with serious misogynistic tendencies...
Well, I've done my best. You're obviously a cat person.

St. Croix valley

#1084757 Feb 22, 2014
Acks-Me-Anything wrote:
<quoted text>
I really enjoyed fairy tales too...
...but I was six at the time.
which fairy tales were those? i never really enjoyed any or referred to any...

are you in control of your faculties?
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084758 Feb 22, 2014
Furthermore I should point out that it was you who brought up the competitive nature of naked woman watching. I neither entered nor competed in any such competition. I'm quite comfortable in my own skin, as comfortable as I am in hers. Your opinion is of no consequence to me or anyone else. Shall we now discuss the number of naked men we've seen respectively? Because I suspect that would be equally edifying...

I get the impression that you believe that any discussion of things sexual upsets you on some level? As long as we're endeavouring to psychoanalyze one another in a chat room on the internet perhaps this would be a good time to take a look at your reluctance to play? Perhaps human sexuality is a thorny or uncomfortable matter to you as it is for so many here?(which is why I do it, duh.) Does it, therefore, need to be uncomfortable for me as well?

Well, miles to go, eh? Say, speaking of Robert Frost, do you know what he was referring to when he mentioned the woods dark and deep? Yes, death, certainly... but something else as well... Don't you think he would have been better off to just come right out and say it? The road less traveled? Clever way to refer to a piece of strange, eh, what?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084759 Feb 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
How Conservatives Can Develop A Better Class Of Political Celebrities Than Donald Trump And Ted Nugent
Donald Trump is not a conservative.....

Ted Nugent's politics are unclear except on gun control....

so, did you have a point????....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1084760 Feb 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
How Conservatives Can Develop A Better Class Of Political Celebrities Than Donald Trump And Ted Nugent
Writing in the Daily Caller, Matt K. Lewis ponders why conservative advocates and journalists are so quick to get excited–or at minimum, come to the defense of–conservative celebrities, even when those famous people are less-than-articulate, or downright counterproductive advocates for conservative causes.“Like the girl who always falls for the guy who’s bad for her, conservatives keep trusting the wrong people and making the same mistakes. One such mistake goes like this: The enemy of my enemy is my friend,” he writes, going on to discuss in particular, reality star and perpetual potential political candidate Donald Trump and actor and anti-gun regulation advocate Ted Nugent.
The perception of a celebrity gap between liberals and conservatives has long been vexing for many on the right, frustrated by the roster of entertainers who hit the campaign trail for Democrats, turn out for left-leaning causes, the perception (which I’d contest) that entertainment better reflects liberal values than conservative ones, and the grumblings that conservative figures in Hollywood are stuck in some sort of closet. As a result, when a celebrity is willing to advocate for conservative candidates and issues, no matter how poorly they might articulate those messages, or whatever Pigpen-like cloud might surround them, I think some on the right have a tendency to feel that they have to take what they can get. But if conservatives want famous advocates who won’t call the President of the United States a “subhuman mongrel” or throw temper tantrums when they get actual media coverage, they need to start acting more like liberals. Here are three ways to start:
....3. Demand Message Control: There’s no point in recruiting a celebrity spokesman if you’re going to end up constantly apologizing for horrible things they say. Ted Nugent may have a constituency–there’s a reason he remains on the National Rifle Association’s board–but he makes many more headlines for racial remarks about President Obama than for articulate arguments against gun regulation that convince mass audiences. If what you want from celebrities is an opportunity to double down on the worldview your constituents already share, that’s one thing. But if you want to use their public profile to draw in people who aren’t already acquainted with your message, then for goodness sakes, don’t be afraid to talk about what the most effective version of that message might look like! It’s important to remember that the entertainment industry gets just as much out of appearing engaged in politics and policy as politicians and policymakers do from recruiting them. So in keeping with my first piece of advice, it’s smart for conservatives who are dealing with celebrities to remember that they have messaging expertise and policy knowledge that’s genuinely valuable to their more-famous soon-to-be mouthpieces.
http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2014/02/21/33...
Carol was all hot and sweaty for Trump__twice Iirc. Not sure if she was a Nugent fan though__she was real busy getting borned again when he was cookin. I sort of had her pegged as more of a David Cassidy kind of girl__jus sayin.
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084761 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the stone mason couldn't have been more wrong. no wonder you are so confused...
Ummm... once again you fail to realize that others are laughing at you now.... As my Amazon friend, Clarice, told me recently, This is all just a little over your head, isn't it?...
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084762 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and what difference would that make as to the facts?
try to think, then post...
I've been trying, but then you keep posting...
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084763 Feb 22, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Delta Smelt and Liberal women both smell like fish.
Fish. Finally something you know something about.
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084764 Feb 22, 2014
Speaking of fish, posting in here is often much like following the hatchery truck around...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084765 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Donald Trump is not a conservative.....
Ted Nugent's politics are unclear except on gun control....
so, did you have a point????....
point?

conservatives should find celebrities to support them that aren't constantly trying to outdo each other with offensive nutjob crazy.

most people don't like nutjob crazy. those who do are nutjob crazy.

St. Croix valley

#1084766 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm... once again you fail to realize that others are laughing at you now.... As my Amazon friend, Clarice, told me recently, This is all just a little over your head, isn't it?...
people often laugh at what they do not understand. look at you. you understand none of this..you can't even stay on topic...as this post shows..

St. Croix valley

#1084767 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been trying, but then you keep posting...
no, that is not the problem, dear ...

the problem is in your trying and failing..all you,nothing to do with me.
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084768 Feb 22, 2014
You know, Tick old boy... I assume you're a boy but how would I know nowadays? You're setting your (tiny) girlfriend up for quite a fall. Why not invite her in here so she can substantiate your thoughtful and heartfelt arguments? Come on, it'll be fun... I guarantee you, you'll learn something about women... although I certainly recognize you already know everything there is to know in this regard... G'head... Do it... One night...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1084769 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
Speaking of fish, posting in here is often much like following the hatchery truck around...
Anyone else remember the Cheers episode where Nahmie took the job at the fish market???
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084770 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>people often laugh at what they do not understand. look at you. you understand none of this..you can't even stay on topic...as this post shows..
(Debil shake his head ruefully...) Um... how can I put this, Tick, into language you might understand? You are trying to interpret literally what was written meataphorically. I'm systematically, and mercilessly making a complete eedyit of you and you just keep playing into my hands. Why do this to yourself? Has no one ever told you what I do here? I've destroyed more eedyits in here than there are snowflakes in a white-out. I'm not proud of it, mind you, it's just a job that needs doing and I, being a native New Englander, have a very strong work ethic. You're my job, Tick. I'm an expert at it and, thus far, you haven't even been able to refocus your eyes after a receiving a few light jabs. What will you do when I unleash the big right hand? This, incidentally, is the time where you feign a chuckle and politely excuse yourself... I've tried every way I know to tell you but you refuse to listen... c'est la vie!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084771 Feb 22, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Carol was all hot and sweaty for Trump__twice Iirc. Not sure if she was a Nugent fan though__she was real busy getting borned again when he was cookin. I sort of had her pegged as more of a David Cassidy kind of girl__jus sayin.
just as you are a PeeWee Herman kind of "guy"...ROTFLMAO.... .
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084772 Feb 22, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone else remember the Cheers episode where Nahmie took the job at the fish market???
Ah the old Fulton Fish Market... but, no, I don't remember...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Avoid Chicago city data forum, it's full of bs (Oct '10) 1 hr city data forum 193
George Norcross featured on American Greed 2 hr Tom 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square 4 hr Patricia B 3
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr honeymylove 3,204
Trump Just Sux 5 hr Vince McTrump 127
News Herea s where to watch the eclipse in Chicago 5 hr Ricardo montobomb 3
News Noise from new O'Hare runway angers Park Ridge ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Penny 198

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages