Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497867 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084660 Feb 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone with access to a welder and the Internet soon could make his or her own replacement parts or tools with a new 3D metal printer that can be built in any garage.
licating rapid prototype"), a 3D printer that can print most of its own components. The printer uses a metal inert gas (MIG) welder to lay down thin layers of steel, much like plastic printers do, and build complex geometric objects. to be used for good. In the developing world, for example, the printer could nal IEEE Access.
Ah yes, the olde 3D printer dodge again, eh, what? It occurs to me that if those poor people in Benghazi had just been issued a 3D printer they could have printed a time machine to whisk them out of there. The nerve of Obama, denying those suffering souls a simple and efficient means of escape!
BM R Parasites

Brooklyn, NY

#1084661 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
Middle class voters ARE Democrats
Are you drunk so early in the day?
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084662 Feb 22, 2014
Plans are readily available on the internet, you know? Why just the other day I was whisked back to an earlier, simpler time...

I swear, it was almost like being there!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084663 Feb 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of those subpoenaed in the probe of Walkers campaign finance violations is the "Wisconsin Club for Growth which spent $9.1 million in support of Walker during the recall election. They are, of course, a 501©4 “social welfare” nonprofit....yet people still question why the IRS scrutinizes the applications politically motivated "nonprofits".
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/08/scott-...
DemoKKKrats fear a real Republican like Scott Walker and promote a RINO marshmallow like Christie instead.....

but if they can't prove anything, both will emerge stronger.....

likely Republican nominee in 2016 is a Republican Governor.....probably from the Midwest, broadly defined.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084664 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
typical Communist tactics to overthrow elections that don't go their way.....
you're absolutely right. Corker shouldn't have lied.

save the hypocrisy for your comrades. you and your ilk the ones who will do or say anything in your quest to rule the populace with an iron hand.

just wait until VW puts in a work council at that plant. then we'll see the typical conservative tactics to stop what they don't like. problem is....they have no control over the internal workings of a private entity. so at that point....let the right ring media whine fest begin.....the right wing nutjobs in Congress will try to implement more big government to control VW....and they will both lose in the court of public opinion due to the hypocrisy that i've already pointed out.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1084665 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do they even have decent aquifers there? you can't just drill anywhere and get water....
They have aquifers...now. The problem is with a lack of regulations designed to conserve water in the long run.

My husband and I own a couple of homes in the San Joaquin valley....one of which has over an acre of lush lawn with no water restrictions. Everyone in that area has lush lawns, swimming pools and fountains. We'd be willing to convert the landscape to one that is drought tolerant but not until such time as those in charge stop wasting water. Even now, during this extreme drought, there are no water restrictions in place. We have merely been asked to "conserve water on a voluntary basis". It's insanity.

The San Joaquin Valley has not been a good steward of federal water allotments. They have been down this road over and over again...the '70's, the 90's...and they have learned nothing. Perhaps this time around, they will rethink their gluttony.

January 24, 2014:

"This year we're good with the water, it's serious but we don't want to go to critical,"said Rudy Valles of California Water Service.

Valles says Kern County has been fortunate to have many water sources including groundwater and surface water, but the dry conditions have begun to eliminate the surface water.

"We do not want to deplete our ground water source," Valles said, "When we pull more ground water from our wells, it takes away from the aquifer."

The water agency wants more people to start thinking now about water conservation before it becomes critical." BEFORE IT BECOMES CRITICAL!!! They don't have a clue.

http://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/effec...
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084666 Feb 22, 2014
On the other hand, I wasn't actually looking for a link to an earlier, simpler time. The search I THOUGHT I'd performed was for a novel wherein the wealthy American entrepreneur dies in a motorcross accident and at the reading of the will the stunned family discover that the man has left his entire fortune to a vagina.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084667 Feb 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad state of affairs, indeed.
agreed, but not as bad as a bunch of hoodie-wearing thugs playing the knockout game.....
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084668 Feb 22, 2014
BM R Parasites wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you drunk so early in the day?
Why? Can you relate on some level, or are you trying to profit by my example?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084669 Feb 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Droughts come and droughts go. These farmers could have prepared themselves for such eventualities ahead of time by drilling wells but chose not to do so. They don't get to kill off a species just because they were stupid.
In 2012, 3,700 Missouri farmers and ranchers were approved for emergency well drilling during their drought and it brought them relief. California farmers should have paid attention.
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story...
from your link:

With each 40-foot pipe extension crews are drilling 28-inch holes deeper than ever in search of an aquifer. But it comes at a steep cost. A 400-foot well runs a hundred-thousand dollars. Double that price to add a pump to move the water.

Many areas though require deeper wells. If your water supply is at 1,500 feet it'll cost you about $400,000. Double that to add a pump.

Arthur said, "Small farmers I think they're going to have a hard time making it."
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1084670 Feb 22, 2014
The Ukrainian opposition leader and former Prime Minister, Yulia Tymoshenko, has been freed from jail.

It follows a vote by parliament to release her after President Viktor Yanukovych fled the capital Kiev.

Speaking after her release, she said "the dictatorship has fallen".

She was sentenced to seven years in jail in 2011 after a controversial verdict on her actions as prime minister.

The glamorous, fiery orator who helped lead the Orange Revolution - Ukraine's revolt against a controversial election in 2004 - was convicted of criminally exceeding her powers when she agreed a gas deal with Russia which was seen to have disadvantaged Ukraine.

She has always insisted the charges were untrue, inspired by Mr Yanukovych, the man she helped oust in 2004 who returned to defeat her in the 2010 presidential election.

The European Union had demanded her release as one of the conditions of the EU-Ukraine trade pact that President Yanukovych rejected last year - triggering the protests that led to the current crisis.

Olha Lappo, spokeswoman for the Fatherland party Ms Tymoshenko leads, said she was heading from prison in the eastern city of Kharkiv to the capital Kiev to join protesters there.

Her release was made possible by a European-brokered peace deal between her President Yanukovych and the opposition on Friday.
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084671 Feb 22, 2014
Say it with me: raise taxes on investment income to... um... 50%, no exceptions. If, as a result, you/they choose to live in China or Brasil or Mexico, knock yourself/themselves out. I hear Switzerland is nice this time of year... if you happen to be Swiss. Otherwise they're just as likely to haul your ethnic ass out and stand you up against the wall as the next xenophobic nation that doesn't want to be invaded by a bunch of ignorant american peasants seeking sanctuary, which, I assure you, is all of them.

I think I speak for all Europeans when I say I would DIE before my children would go to school with seven or eight hairy throwbacks who've been taught that the world was created in seven days.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1084672 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, blast it all! Not higher FOOD prices? On top of blowing the winter Olympics completely and losing hockey to Canada.. yet again... How dark the days... maybe as sort of a consolation prize we could just skip the Keystone pipeline fiasco and build one instead from Lake Manitoba or someplace up there all the way to LA? It would serve those snooty Canadians right! What's the point in wasting all that melting glacial water when we could just as soon be creating jobs for inner city kids with it who would otherwise be smuggling themselves back to Mexico? Why, if we were really after full employment out there we could just make them form a bucket brigade. Do the young pups good, eh, what?
"Bucket brigade"! Why not (tongue in cheek). My son volunteered in the "Water Brigades" in Ghana and Honduras. I can just envision it already. Thanks for the smile.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1084673 Feb 22, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
I believe is rather safe to say that the only real problem economically we have in this country is our failure to recognize that we need only raise taxes on American business-people to rectify the outrageous financial excesses of two pathetically fought wars, and, frankly, as the patient's blood pressure has been dropping, simultaneously the stock market has been soaring like an eagle of sorts. What? Is wall street money somehow less taxable than our own? It is? Oh, mercy me, I'd forgotten... Is it just me or is "someone" avoiding the fact that all one needs to do to get out of a darkened room is to go to the exit door and open it?
it is rather safe to say you are insane... why not raise taxes on those that don't pay any?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084674 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
one problem is that the "sex offender" label gets applied to people who are no such thing...
for example, guys who get drunk and are caught urinating in a bush at 3 am......
using a personal experience as an example of unfairly tagging stupid drunks doesn't seem to fly.

if you got caught....someone saw your dingus.

and i would call that offensive to the max.

so maybe you should have been charged with being sexually offensive? a size does matter charge? though then you could use the defense of 'then how did they see it?'.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084675 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you still can't show how they have been or will be screwed...why is that?
80% of the people in this nation, most of them the middle class, will not be affected...
the middle class are already seeing higher premiums and higher deductibles because ObamaKKKare requires their policies to cover services that they do not want or need....not to mention paying the taxpayer subsidies for the welfare moochers....
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084676 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
agreed, but not as bad as a bunch of hoodie-wearing thugs playing the knockout game.....
I'm sorry, John, but the unsubtle references to minority culture, gays, women, are simply yesterday. It's the same reason you have to pay for sex: after while even gold loses its lustre... after all, you can't eat it, and look at what's happening to food prices for Christ's sake!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084677 Feb 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you're absolutely right. Corker shouldn't have lied.
save the hypocrisy for your comrades. you and your ilk the ones who will do or say anything in your quest to rule the populace with an iron hand.
just wait until VW puts in a work council at that plant. then we'll see the typical conservative tactics to stop what they don't like. problem is....they have no control over the internal workings of a private entity. so at that point....let the right ring media whine fest begin.....the right wing nutjobs in Congress will try to implement more big government to control VW....and they will both lose in the court of public opinion due to the hypocrisy that i've already pointed out.
many of those who voted against the UAW would probably like a "works council" that was purely local and voluntary....

the problem is the UAW, a criminal organization that destroys jobs.....
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084678 Feb 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
from your link:
With each 40-foot pipe extension crews are drilling 28-inch holes deeper than ever in search of an aquifer. But it comes at a steep cost. A 400-foot well runs a hundred-thousand dollars. Double that price to add a pump to move the water.
Many areas though require deeper wells. If your water supply is at 1,500 feet it'll cost you about $400,000. Double that to add a pump.
Arthur said, "Small farmers I think they're going to have a hard time making it."
Oh excuse me, John, I didn't realize you'd been in the service?$400,000 will buy you a HECK of a pump, I daresay! You could water half of Africa with that! Given your obvious facility with development costs I can't see why you people wouldn't just dispense altogether with the "Honey, your father and I think you should marry a doctor," dictum and just skip directly to, "Laurie Ann, you stupid slut, if you don't marry a well-driller I'm going to disown you!"
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1084679 Feb 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is rather safe to say you are insane... why not raise taxes on those that don't pay any?
The point you seem to be overlooking is that they're both the same people. Duh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dr Phil 237,689
Johnny Murray a/k/a Johnny's Marine 12 min Rick Walters 40
Nancy Pelosi (our demented gal). 1 hr SHEsAPukingMESS 5
News More And More Chicago Restaurants Are Joining T... 1 hr EAT Dont PAY 2
News 15th Chicago Flamenco Festival Announces Lineup... 1 hr LIMP WRISTS 2
15 Chicago School Principals 2 B Arrested 1 hr HANG-em HIGH 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Jimmy Yanks Paul ... 63,389

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages