Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433979 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084184 Feb 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) said he takes issue with rocker Ted Nugent calling President Barack Obama a "subhuman mongrel."
"I wouldn't have used those words," Perry told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Thursday.
Perry quickly shifted from Nugent's comments, telling Blitzer people need to be focused on things like jobs instead.
"The idea that Ted Nugent has said something that's outrageous shouldn't surprise anybody. He's been saying outrageous things for a lot of years," Perry added. "He shouldn't have said that about the president of the United States."
Perry addressed the issue earlier Thursday after a breakfast appearance before the Texas State Society, according to the Dallas Morning News.
“That’s Ted Nugent…That’s just Ted. Anybody that’s offended -- sorry, but that’s just Ted,” Perry said.“I don’t take offense, no. If we would spend a whole lot more time talking about how to create jobs instead of trying to pick apart people’s descriptions of somebody, we’d probably get a lot further along in life.”
Texas gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott (R) has come under fire in recent days for campaigning with Nugent and calling him his "blood brother" after the rocker made the comments about Obama. Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis, Abbott's Democratic rival, has said it's an "insult" the Republican has touted his ties to Nugent.
Perry isn't the only Republican to criticize Nugent's comments. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said he didn't agree with the comments.
“You’ve never heard me say such a thing, nor would I," Cruz said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/20/rick...
suck on that Ted!
but now FOX will have get into the mix. they love them some Ted.
middle class voters will ignore this crap when they run DemoKKKrats out of Washington for screwing them with ObamaKKKare.....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1084185 Feb 21, 2014
By the way, Patrick and Angela, it's love of country that compels me to try and convince you you're on the wrong side.

You talk about hatred of country? How much do you love this country?

You continue to defend a known serial liar who puts his own political aspirations above the rest of us, who willingly and deliberately lied to the American people about something as significant as their health care, who stated he would not "jump the gun" about an attack on our embassy as being a terrorist attack but who immediately afterwards claimed the "real" culprit was a video for weeks afterwards, who claims more job losses are good for this country, who is no longer trusted by the majority and who is no longer taken seriously on the world stage.

So let me ask you....is it your hatred of America that twists your logic?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084186 Feb 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>this is why i was advocating FOR the pipeline.
do you idiots ever understand what you read? what was the problem, no pop-ups? no mommy to read it to you?
certainly you are aware that the opposition to Keystone is purely political, based on opposition to anything related to oil, and completely unrelated to any facts.....
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1084188 Feb 21, 2014
People are fed up with liberals:

California's secretary of state has given the go-ahead for activists to start gathering signatures for a bizarre initiative that would split the state into six new states.
THE DEBIL

New York, NY

#1084189 Feb 21, 2014
SAY, UM, HOW YOU TELL THE NAVY SEAL AT A POLISH WEDDING?
new yawk

East Amherst, NY

#1084190 Feb 21, 2014
Be Quiet, you time wasting wannabe trash.

Go organize your funeral.

At Last, Your Dream Will Be Cemented ...

Sicilian Style -!!! In Stone ...

Love, Olive Magadino ... < new yawk's yawk > ! ;-)
FAT DEBIL TRASH wrote:
<quoted text>
THE DEBIL

New York, NY

#1084191 Feb 21, 2014
OH, COME ON! NO POLACK GONNA INVITE SOME GREASY WHOP TO THE WEDDING.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1084192 Feb 21, 2014
I never tell a lie!

Does anyone know what my lie for this week is?

Haha! Suckers!

BMO
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1084193 Feb 21, 2014
C02 and the rice and beans thank you....

" ...the financial benefit of Earth’s rising atmospheric CO2 concentration on global food production is enormous. Such benefits over the period 1961-2011 have amounted to at least $1 billion for each of the 45 crops examined; and for nine of the crops the monetary increase due to CO2 over this period is well over $100 billion. The largest of these benefits is noted for rice,wheat and grapes, which saw increases of $579 billion,$274 billion and $270 billion, respectively. "

http://www.co2science.org/education/reports/c...
THE DEBIL

New York, NY

#1084194 Feb 21, 2014
GOOD SWIMMERS THOUGH, I HEAR... MAKES YOU WONDER WHY THEY DON' JUS' HIRE SOME MEXICANS? TELL 'EM THERE'S A BUNCH OF BEAN BURRITOS ON BOARD THE PIRATE SHIP, AN' LOOK OUT CAPTAIN HOOK!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1084195 Feb 21, 2014
Grey Ghost for sure
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think YOU'RE pretty indicative of the level of competency we're dealin' with here.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084196 Feb 21, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to me it would be far cheaper to just build a refinery where the oil is being extracted.
and then numerous pipelines would be needed for the various products produced by the refinery.....
THE DEBIL

New York, NY

#1084197 Feb 21, 2014
SHEE-IT, DEBIL MAKE HISSELF LAUGH AGAIN...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1084198 Feb 21, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
UM, DUMMY, YOU EVER MEET A NAVY SEAL? IN THEIR MINDS THEY INTENSE PEOPLE, BUT THE TRUTH IS THEY MOSTLY L'IL ITALIANS. WHY YOU SUPPOSE THAT IS? IF DEMI MOORE WAS ACTUALY A NAVY SEAL SHE WOULDA BEEN GANG-RAPED AND DEAD BY NOW, THAT THE SORTA FOLKS THEY IS. DON' BE SO QUICK TO BE PROUD, HO.
You obviously don't know any Seals, Ghost.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084199 Feb 21, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Did y'all see the lovely, charming First Lady Michelle Obama on Jimmy Fallon last night?
celebrating National Pork Week???...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1084201 Feb 21, 2014
and A one and A two and A bunch of C02....

"And in summing these annual benefits across the entire 50-year time period, the total CO2-induced benefit on global food production
since 1961 amounts to $3.2 trillion."

Economics is fun!
THE DEBIL

New York, NY

#1084202 Feb 21, 2014
YOU KNOW, CAROL, DEBIL WORRIED THAT, AFTER PRODDING FROM YOU SLIMY SLUGS, TOPIX GONNA DELETE MO' OF HIS MONSTROUS LEGACY OF POSTS. WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU WORRIED? OH, YEAH, YOU JUS' WRITE SOME MO' SHIT IN HERE DON' YA? THANKS!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1084203 Feb 21, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, keep bringing on the Nugent. Wendy Davis will be a shoo in for Gov. of Texas
Those rightwingers sure love pedophiles that shyt their pants and snort meth. Yahoooo!
Ted Nugent would beat Wendy Davis, a nobody with no chance.....

just another diversion from the disaster of ObamaKKKare....

Covered California website has been down for days....but just the enrollment section.....
new yawk

East Amherst, NY

#1084204 Feb 21, 2014
I think YOU'RE pretty indicative of the level of idiocy we're dealin' with here.

I also think YOU'RE pretty fawkin' ugly !!!

Love, Olive & Stephano ... < new yawk's finest > !!!
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I think YOU'RE pretty indicative of the level of competency we're dealin' with here.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1084206 Feb 21, 2014
Computer models and Reality are not the same...

just a smidgen off the mark...

"In written testimony before the U.S. Environment and Public Works Committee, he noted that the magnitude of global average atmospheric warming between 1979 and 2012 is only about 50% of that predicted by the climate models."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Dale 225,539
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 71,067
Marine Joint Chiefs Chairman Rejects Obama Plan 2 hr HillarysDeathList 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr singer not the song 103,656
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,570
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr PEllen 2,093
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr PEllen 6,762

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages