Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564969 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1084115 Feb 21, 2014
M Stein wrote:
The Audacity of Myth: How the Media Ignored Obama's Lies About His Own Biography and Memoir
The media's sneakiest dirty trick in the book is BIAS BY OMISSION, because is is so hard to find, when journalists decide "what the people don't know won't hurt them," or more precisely, "what the people don't know won't hurt our candidate."
In Barack Obama's case this omission emerged in 2012 over his biographical narrative: his 1995 memoir Dreams From My Father, which became a huge bestseller as he prepared to run for president, and enriched him with an estimated $1.3 million in royalties (not to mention almost $4 million for his campaign book The Audacity of Hope), and that's just through 2007.
Reporters loved this book. In an October 23, 2006, cover story in Time magazine, Joe Klein oozed about Obama's parentage: "He told the story in brilliant, painful detail in his first book, Dreams from My Father, which may be the best-written memoir ever produced by an American politician."
Chris Matthews was even more effusive, to the point of slobbery, on MSNBC, which is to say, typical. The book was "unique because he's a politician and not since U.S. Grant has a politician written his own book, and that is refreshing." It was great literature. "It's almost like Mark Twain. It's so American, it's so textured. It's so, almost sounding like great fiction because it reads like us. It's picturesque. Is that the right word,'picturesque'? I think it's got that quality."
Matthews was exactly right. It sounded like great fiction because SO MUCH OF IT WAS FICTIONALIZED.
The warning was right there in the preface to his 1995 memoir, where Barack Obama admitted the chapters to come were taking liberties with the truth: "Although much of this book is based on contemporaneous journals or the oral histories of my family, the dialogue is necessarily an approximation of what was actually said or relayed to me." EVEN THE PEOPLE WEREN'T ENTIRELY REAL: "For the sake of compression, some of the characters that appear are composites of people, I've known, and some events appear out of precise chronology."
Ask a journalist if he supports the notion of a president whose life story is one part mythology, like George Washington and the cherry tree.
Some media people have been stunned when they are told of this paragraph, as if they never read this book, or skipped the preface. But that has never nicked the larger legend that's been created.
THE NATION'S SO-CALLED GUARDIANS OF FACTUAL ACCURACY DON'T EVEN EXPECT HONESTY FROM OBAMA ON HIS OWN LIFE STORY.
excerpted from Collusion
liberties with the truth?

have you ever watched FOX talking about Obama? or listened to Rush?

liars calling Obama a liar. see it everyday on this thread.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1084116 Feb 21, 2014
Oh, Jesus, I think I'm having a heart attack... no, wait... false alarm... just the cat kneading my tits.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1084117 Feb 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you idiots realize that the crap in the Keystone would not be typical oil? It is corrosive ugly sh*t that if there is a spill, it would be far worse than a break in a gas, gasoline or real oil pipeline.
I guess you were sleeping when those gas pipelines exploded.
There have been spills with this cap & they are still trying to get them cleaned.
If a spill would occur in one of the major waterways, we would be f*cked. The stuff doesn't float.
And for what??? So Canada can sell oil?
Funny how Canadians didn't want that pipeline to go across Canada.
A pipeline would be safer than truck or rail but the risk to this country is not worth he little value we get from it.
Seems to me it would be far cheaper to just build a refinery where the oil is being extracted.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1084118 Feb 21, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Write ahead if that's what you desire. I'm going in and out of here and can't predict if I'll be in or out, but I'll get back sooner or later.
Madam, your tendency towards evasiveness not withstanding, I ask you here and now - do I use the olde address? Do you still love me down to the tips of your cute 'l'il toes?
el cid 777

Scranton, PA

#1084119 Feb 21, 2014
I could not get to a computer last week, because the library was
closed because of the weather. I hope my blogging is constructive. I
blog about war, religion and politics, but now I am interested in space
aliens and their alliance with the angels. I am getting an error on the
page warning already, so I had better close quickly. Some space alien
web addresses are ....alleje 777....galactic command...commander
ashtar...sirian messages...enjoy...love, el cid 777

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#1084120 Feb 21, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah! How'd that work out for you? You elected a clown who has turned this country into a very bad circus!!!!
That burnt meatball has sparkling circus socks all over the nation that are trying to advance his commie agenda.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1084121 Feb 21, 2014
Leo. the time fo' hesitation's through...
No time to wallow in the mire...
Try now we can only lose...
And our love become a funeral pyre...

Come on baby, light my fire...
Come on baby, light my fire...
Try to set the night on FIRE, yeah...

(You oughta see this thing at least ONCE! fo' Christ's sakes...)(You did it!)
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1084123 Feb 21, 2014
Obammy Pinnochio

Instead, of the media exposing Obama’s lies (as they would have, had it been a Republican or Conservative), he was instead honored for his narrative-mangling skill.

In 2008, NY Times reporter Janny Scott oozed, "Senator Obama understands as well as any politician the power of a well-told story. He has risen in politics less on his track record than on his telling of his life story-a tale he has packaged into 2 hugely successful books that have helped make him a mega-best-selling, 2-time Grammy-winning millionaire front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination at age 46."

Liberals occasionally tried to preserve a fraction of their dignity as journalists with a few uncomfortable facts. But THEY WERE QUIET ABOUT IT.

i.e, on 7/13/11 in a story published on pg 16, NY Times reporter Kevin Sack explained,

"The White House on Wednesday declined to challenge an account in a new book that suggests that President Obama, in his campaign to overhaul American health care, mischaracterized a central anecdote about his mother's deathbed dispute with her insurance company."

The headline said the book "challenges" the Obama story, and in the story they used the word "MISCHARACTERIZED." It was a whole lot more misleading than that.

That new book was titled A Singular Woman: The Untold Story of Barack Obama's Mother. The author was Janny Scott, the same Times reporter who was so impressed with Obama's story-telling in ‘08. BUT SHE FOUND HOLES IN THE NARRATIVE.

Scott quoted from correspondence from Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, to assert that the ‘95 dispute concerned a Cigna disability insurance policy. Her actual health insurer had reimbursed most of her medical expenses without argument.

The Times noted that although candidate Obama often suggested that Dunham "was denied health coverage because of a pre-existing condition, it appears from her correspondence that she was only denied disability coverage."

SO OBAMA WAS LYING.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1084124 Feb 21, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Write ahead if that's what you desire. I'm going in and out of here and can't predict if I'll be in or out, but I'll get back sooner or later.
You cain't keep doin' this shit to me, you already owe me 3 or 4 keyboards an' this one gettin' precariously sticky.... it jus' natural... don' hate me... what you wearin'? C'mon, we could do this everyday, face to face if you weren't so goddam stubborn... It's just you HUSBAND fo' Christ's sake! It's not like it's anybody critical... I respect your decision, however...
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1084125 Feb 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
liberties with the truth?
have you ever watched FOX talking about Obama? or listened to Rush?
liars calling Obama a liar. see it everyday on this thread.
I wouldn't expect any other reply from you.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1084126 Feb 21, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, God forbid someone pulling an ¨end run¨ when things aren't going their way. Imagine a president saying something like "if Congress refuses to act, I'll do everything in my power to act without them,"
What's wrong with that son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1084128 Feb 21, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
So Hyime, let's continue that conversation:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK...
I knew you couldn't resist lying. It's what you Obama Democrats do best!
lol! poor little ruskie!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#1084129 Feb 21, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>The real question is what has Obama NOT lied about?
Like: If you Like your LIfe, You can Keep your Life.
The New York Times has described Obama’s repeated claim that you could keep your insurance plan and keep your doctor under Obamacare as a mere slip of the tongue:“Mr. Obama clearly misspoke when he said that.”
MISSPOKE?
How exactly does one misspeak, word for word, dozens of times, over and over again?
That wasn’t misspeaking — it was A DELIBERATE, NECESSARY LIE.
Even Democrats couldn’t have voted for Obamacare if Americans had known the truth. It was absolutely vital for Obama to lie about people being able to keep their insurance and their doctors.
Of course, it was difficult for voters to know the truth because every time Republicans would try to tell them, THE WHITE HOUSE AND THE MEDIA WOULD RUSH IN AND CALL THE CRITICS LIARS.
The White House posted a specific refutation of the “disinformation” about not being able to keep your doctor or insurance plan that was being disseminated by Republicans “to scare people.” Their proof consisted of a video of Obama CLEARLY stating,“If you have insurance that you like, then you will be able to keep that insurance. If you’ve got a doctor that you like, you will be able to keep your doctor.”
A video of someone asserting the very fact in dispute does not rise to the level of “evidence,” but it was more than enough for MSNBC.
Even when pretending to be critical of Obamacare, LIBERALS LIE ABOUT THE REAL PROBLEMS.
They tell us they’re worried about the percentage of young people signing up for Obamacare. The mix of young and old people in Obamacare is completely irrelevant. It won’t help if a lot of young people sign up because their premiums are negligible.
To keep the system afloat, what Obamacare really needs is lots of healthy people, preferably healthy older people. Their premiums are astronomical — and they won’t need much medical treatment.
Premiums are set by your age, not your health. It doesn’t matter if you never go to the doctor. Obamacare punishes you for having a healthy lifestyle.
THE OBAMACARE TAX IS A MASSIVELY REGRESSIVE POLL TAX ON THE MIDDLE-AGED AND THE MIDDLE CLASS.
Apart from those who are subsidized, everyone pays the exact same amount in penalties or insurance premiums for his age group:
IT DOESN’T MATTER IF YOU DON’T MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS BILL GATES. Any 58-year-old male who doesn’t qualify for a subsidy WILL PAY THE SAME Obamacare tax as Gates.
When Margaret Thatcher tried to impose the same tax per person, as a “community charge,” there were riots in the street.
Our extremely progressive tax system, where nearly half the country pays no income tax at all, and the other half pays about 40 percent of their income, may not be fair. But most people also don’t think it’s fair to tax a guy making $80,000 a year the identical amount as one making $80 million a year. That’s exactly what Obamacare does.
WITH OBAMACARE, THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY HAS FOISTED THE MOST REGRESSIVE TAX POSSIBLE ON AMERICA.
Exactly..........shalom)
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1084130 Feb 21, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>That burnt meatball has sparkling circus socks all over the nation that are trying to advance his commie agenda.
Grey Ghost/Yeah loves his sock routine & VPN service.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1084131 Feb 21, 2014
Heheheheheheh, this kinda funny. Topix cain't erase any mo' of my posts without puttin' me in the millionth poster position, an' they got no idea which ones are mine! Hahahahahahahahahah... eat you heart out, Rajsnesh.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1084132 Feb 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) said he takes issue with rocker Ted Nugent calling President Barack Obama a "subhuman mongrel."
"I wouldn't have used those words," Perry told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Thursday.
Perry quickly shifted from Nugent's comments, telling Blitzer people need to be focused on things like jobs instead.
"The idea that Ted Nugent has said something that's outrageous shouldn't surprise anybody. He's been saying outrageous things for a lot of years," Perry added. "He shouldn't have said that about the president of the United States."
Perry addressed the issue earlier Thursday after a breakfast appearance before the Texas State Society, according to the Dallas Morning News.
“That’s Ted Nugent…That’s just Ted. Anybody that’s offended -- sorry, but that’s just Ted,” Perry said.“I don’t take offense, no. If we would spend a whole lot more time talking about how to create jobs instead of trying to pick apart people’s descriptions of somebody, we’d probably get a lot further along in life.”
Texas gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott (R) has come under fire in recent days for campaigning with Nugent and calling him his "blood brother" after the rocker made the comments about Obama. Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis, Abbott's Democratic rival, has said it's an "insult" the Republican has touted his ties to Nugent.
Perry isn't the only Republican to criticize Nugent's comments. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said he didn't agree with the comments.
“You’ve never heard me say such a thing, nor would I," Cruz said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/20/rick...
suck on that Ted!
but now FOX will have get into the mix. they love them some Ted.
lol! What Perry failed to say is Nugent is their boy!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Location hidden

#1084135 Feb 21, 2014
YOU MOMMY wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, NO, THAT NOT THE PROBLEM, SON. THE PROBLEM IS, YOU STILL THINK YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD "AFTER" YOU BEEN HIT BY THE BUS. YOU GOT TO PICK A SIDE, BOY... IT LIKE POTTY TRAININ'. YOU REMEMBER? YOU WAS SOOO PROUD OF YOUSELF FO' SHITTIN' "ON" THE TOILET WHEN WHAT WE WAS LOOKIN' FO' WAS YOU EVER LEARNIN' TO SHIT "IN" IT.
LMAO!(hot pretzel?)
The Debil Is Trash

East Amherst, NY

#1084136 Feb 21, 2014
Tonya Harding speaks ... You couldn't stand up on a pair of ice skates let alone accomplish a Triple < or even a Double > Axel Jump ... You'd be eatin' Olympic Ice.

But, I agree Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner and Polina Edmunds are all cut outs of a Frank Carroll skater.
Gone are the US Greats: Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen ...

That 15-year-old Russian Skater, Julia Lipnitskaia, that tiny genius should have won The Gold - But she fell. She skated to beautiful music from Schindler's List.

The South Korean Federation was contesting the Gold Medal standing.
I think Kim Yu-Na should have won The Gold. And so did they ^^^.
HER MOMMY wrote:
US FIGURE SKATERS SUCK DON'T THEY? GODDAM WE NEEDA SHOOT THEM BITCHES AN' BUY US SOME NEW ONES... AN' SOME NEW MUSIC...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1084137 Feb 21, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Grey Ghost/Yeah loves his sock routine & VPN service.
lol! I love reich wing stupidity.

Their comedic antics go well with a brew-ski!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1084138 Feb 21, 2014
Did y'all see the lovely, charming First Lady Michelle Obama on Jimmy Fallon last night?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 242,262
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Mister Tonka 105,218
Cash me ouside 6 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 7 hr thomas 2056 1,757
has anyone ever had sex with an animal? (Jul '12) 7 hr el grosso loco 24
Any hot guys in Chicago ? 20-29 yo 9 hr Black Knight 5
WTF Over 10 hr Maxipad 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages