Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418101 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083600 Feb 20, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Were they fkn your daughter?
They were and still are fkn you.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1083601 Feb 20, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
And too many Americans are fine with that.= Carol lost the election
Unfortunately, you don't get or can't accept the majority regret that decision now.
dem

United States

#1083602 Feb 20, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>more from the Social Sciences...

Anthropology....

those crazy people in "Mesoamerica"

"Aztec Human Sacrifice"

http://anthropology.msu.edu/anp264-ss13/2013/...
I'll take that as a yes, tea bag idiot.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1083603 Feb 20, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot GM....
One more example of why we need to rid ourselves of exceptions and loopholes corporations (and individuals) can work their way around to avoid paying their fair share.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1083604 Feb 20, 2014
positronium wrote:
What happened to DB?
I believe the fake DB was terminated.
dem

United States

#1083605 Feb 20, 2014
Any of you tea bag war mongrels enlisting to save Kiev?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1083606 Feb 20, 2014
Bachmann: Obama Was Elected Because Of White Guilt

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michele...

that's better than the myth of giving things to voters. and funnier.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1083607 Feb 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the dunderhead who keeps falling for the half truths of conservative media sites like wmd.
First of all, once a segment of pipeline is completed, the workers move on to the next segment. That 8,500 figure includes the same 500 over and over again. Secondly, pump stations are not manned.
"The Keystone XL Pipeline will use a series of 41 electric powered pump stations to move oil
through the line – 33 pump stations in the United States and eight in Canada. Situated at
approximately 50-mile (80-km) intervals along the line, groups of pumps and supporting
equipment are located in a small, secure facility referred to as a pump station."
The Keystone "Pump stations include an electrical sub-station and small enclosures to house electrical, measurement and control system components. The pipeline and pump stations will be REMOTELY MONITORED AND CONTROLLED, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, FROM THE OIL CONTROL CENTER (OCC) IN CALGARY, ALTA." NO AMERICAN JOBS.
http://keystone-xl.com/wp-content/uploads/201...
From the same Trans-Canada news release where your statistics came from:(although, I'm sure your source was a conservative media source known for half truths like World Net Daily):
"Typical union-based pipeline spread/segment for Keystone XL would employ Americans in the following positions:
Keystone XL - Jobs per pipeline spread/segment
16 Quality Control
5 Laborer Premium
1 Environmental Coordinator
2 Welding Foremen
1 R.O.W. Coordinator
29 Welder Premium
4 Safety Coordinators
4 Welders backend
16 Engineers
1 Journeyman
8 Foremen
24 Graded Helpers
9 Office Managers
2 Welder Helpers
66 Purchasing Agents
2 Teamster semi
24 Operators
152 Teamster regulars
23 Oilers
28 Mechanics
16 Straw Bosses
27 Security
2 Laborers
111 Timekeeper/clerks
1 Project Manager
2 Superintendents
2 Assistant Superintendents
TOTAL: 561 ...... TEMPORARY American workers.(And even these numbers are over estimated)
http://www.advfn.com/news_TransCanada-Release...
Obama is simply playing politics with the creation of jobs and oil independence. And to appease his base. Such as yourself.

Shallow politicians...shallow politics.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1083608 Feb 20, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Do you have to stand up to play Wii golf?
no
dem

United States

#1083609 Feb 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the fake DB was terminated.
"He'll be back!"
dem

United States

#1083610 Feb 20, 2014
flack wrote:
You took credit for having me banned while I took a hiatus from topix. That was funny.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1083611 Feb 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a tainted answer.
U.S. Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee said on Wednesday he has been "assured" that if workers at the Volkswagen AG plant in his hometown of Chattanooga reject United Auto Worker representation, the company will reward the plant with a new product to build.
Corker's bombshell, which runs counter to public statements by Volkswagen,.....
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/13/us-...
but Corker's lie is all good until the German union boss threatens the same, which btw, he can actually do. and i'm sure he will.
one thing the Republican noise makers can't do...control a foreign entity. they can do whatever they want. shut down the plant and move it to Mexico if they so desire. then watch the Republicans who responsible blame everyone but themselves. just the usual.
get serious, you fool....

if VW really wanted a union, they would not have built the plant in Tennessee....

all the protests are just PR to keep the German union happy....
dem

United States

#1083612 Feb 20, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>They were and still are fkn you.
Answered with wrong sock, lady . Don't get discouraged though. It happens to the best eventually. Especially when, like yourself, you are running three or four characters simultaneously.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083613 Feb 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I believe the fake DB was terminated.
I thought he would eventually be. He is still here because I heard buffaloes roaming the range.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1083614 Feb 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The point is, god I know I'm wasting my time here, is that a company shouldn't have to pay taxes in that country and taxes in this country for business done in that country but never enters this country.
The point is...if an American company doesn't wish to spend their profits in America they should incorporate somewhere else and stop riding on our coattails.
dem

United States

#1083615 Feb 20, 2014
flack wrote:
Could you work on getting the real jagoff db banned. Or are his vulgarities that much different than mine?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1083617 Feb 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't a Cold War parallel. This is merely one world leader making another head of state look like what he actually is - an amateur fraud completely out of his league.
Putin has made Obama look like an amateur whore on stage waiting for the donkey to come out and do his show in Tijuana every time they met, starting with the strategic arms agreement Putin forced Obama to sign that required the US destroy half of its nuclear arsenal and Russia could keep all of its nuclear wareads, giving Russia about a 4 to 1 advantage, while China adds a couple hundred nukes to their stockpile every year.The last time Obama challenged Putin, Obama walked into a trap a blind idiot would recognize, and afterward the entire world gave Obama a vote of no confidence in a slam dunk case against the Syrian government.
The best thing for the United States is for Obama to just play golf until his term ends. He has been a disaster. That will not change because Obama will always be the ignorant lying fraud you see today, and it should be obvious by now what happens to lying fraud amateurs when they meet real heads of states out there in the real world.
once again you are able to lie to yourself about reality...

Putin backed down in his own backyard from the US standing alone from half a world away.

funny how you can look at the real world and not see what really happened.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083618 Feb 20, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
"He'll be back!"
From paris?
dem

United States

#1083619 Feb 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>The point is, god I know I'm wasting my time here, is that a company shouldn't have to pay taxes in that country and taxes in this country for business done in that country but never enters this country.
Lol
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1083620 Feb 20, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There are a large number of Sikh's here in Central Florida, one Sikh man was recently shot while driving with his son in the car by someone driving an older model pick up truck. I know a few in the landscape business__those little daggers identify their family lineage, sort of like a coat of arms.
racist pig.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Hill4me 222,403
Word (Dec '08) 55 min PEllen 6,695
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 57 min PEllen 9,381
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 58 min PEllen 3,033
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 59 min PEllen 1,932
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,466
Jesus Christ is alive 2 hr Messenger 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages