Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394704 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1083449 Feb 20, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they recognize regulars like you already! Wave at the cameras!
If you promise to put the bottle down, they'll zero in on you and your co-workers, too!
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1083452 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
That's either Janesays or her son.
Or Jean, from the cemetery.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1083454 Feb 20, 2014
Frank M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, ok, there's just too much here to ignore - except you, possibly. What is an AMERICAN principle? Did you mean, "principals?" As in school administrators that agree with you? Oh, well why didn't you say so! Because it kinda starts to sound like you extollin' "American principals with all the adjectives left out? You prolly meant to say you was lookin' fo' some AMERICAN school principals that was white, christian, an' stoopid, right? Cause without them darned adjectives you bein' awfully inclusive...?
An you startin to get bigger audiences are you? How much higher than four can you count? Or did you jus' mean they was fatter?
It's Americans like you who worry me. If you can't see we have a "principal" sitting in the WH right now with an elite few of other "principals" calling all the shots and making all the rules with many unintended consequences of which the majority of "students" don't want imposed on them - and inflicting punishment if there is any resistance or noncompliance to their rules - you would buy anything. And why you would end up like millions of others in the past - and present - who find out too late they were on the wrong side of history.

If Republicans can be faulted for anything in the past, it was being too lax and not keeping a closer eye and check on "students" who took advantage of their permissiveness.

But I'd rather put my faith in them and believe they learned their lesson - and that they will be much more diligent in the future to strike a balance between their previous laxness and minimal oversight going forward to maintain order.

Because that's all that's needed. A balance with minimal government oversight.

The "principals" in power took advantage of our vulnerability - as all power hungry people do.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1083455 Feb 20, 2014
How Volkswagen’s Tennessee Plant Could End Up Organized Without the UAW

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-02-...

and there's nothing any Republican can do about it.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083457 Feb 20, 2014
DBWaiter wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you see it... THAT'S THE WHOLE GODDAM PROBLEM!!!
Maybe I see something that you don't see but I doubt it.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083461 Feb 20, 2014
I had a dream.
Patricangelily

Satellite Beach, FL

#1083463 Feb 20, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Sock puppets can be seen on FauxNews and on Talk Radio. The GOP will put out its talking points and you can pick out the sock puppets because they will repeat the talking points; usually words for word.
Patricangelilypolly wanna MSNBC cracker? LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083464 Feb 20, 2014
When all of a sudden.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1083467 Feb 20, 2014
George Zimmerman reportedly received a small taste of vigilante justice on a recent beach trip in Miami. According to reports on (ever reliable news site) TMZ, Trayvon Martin’s killer was run off a beach when recognized by an angry crowd. Zimmerman, who had been in Miami to film a series of interviews and garner yet more undeserved platforms in the public eye, swiftly left the city following the incident. My hope is that the Miami mob set a precedent for how to treat Zimmerman henceforth.
Via TMZ:
Zimmerman taped an interview last Tuesday with Univision and Fusion, and then took his girlfriend, her kid and his brother to the beach. While they were catching some rays, people noticed him, started harassing him, and then someone shouted out George had a $10,000 bounty on his head.
We’re told it freaked him out and they all retreated to the hotel, but the crowd followed them.
Security swept their room to make sure no one tampered with their stuff and then stood guard throughout the day and night. We’re told Zimmerman did his CNN interview early the next morning and then beat it … literally fleeing Miami.
http://www.salon.com/2014/02/20/angry_crowd_r...
That might have been set up by the Zimmerman Bros as a way to extend their time in the limelight. George's brother is a real media hound having made dozens of paid appearances on HLN's Nancy Grace and Jane Velez Mitchell shows Fox's Geraldo and similar "justice" shows.

He's not being harassed here, his address is easily found, he's out and about and is still driving that same tricked up Honda Ridgeline pick up. With a ball cap and sunglasses George looks like many other pudgy Hispanic 30 year old men.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1083468 Feb 20, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, clearly the mark of marxists at work!!!!
Read the latest on Emperor Zero, their leader, the one who apologizes and weakens America and has succeeded in destruction from within, where Al Qaeda has failed. I guess it isn't enough that the mainstream media lackeys still carry Obammy's water and act as though his promise to walk on it, came true:
The Federal Communications Commission's plans to put government monitors in TV and radio newsrooms to assess their coverage of eight "critical information needs", and "underserved populations".
The FCC, like much of the alphabet soup in Washington, is an FDR creation that, as with many others, used the cover of "interstate commerce" to turn a federal government into a central government: Radio stations' signals often crossed state lines, and so they supposedly fell within the feds' jurisdiction. In the usual boundlessly expansive way of Washington, that's somehow evolved into a regulatory authority over how local stations serve local communities.
Now it's evolving again, into MICRO-REGULATION OF THE NEWS.
What are the eight "critical information needs" - or CINs, in the regulatory jargon - actually are. You can find them listed by googling a report, from something called "Social Solutions International" of Silver Spring, Maryland:
SOCIAL SOLUTIONS HAS BEEN TASKED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF A RESEARCH DESIGN THAT CAN BE USED TO IDENTIFY AND UNDERSTAND THE CRITICAL INFORMATION NEEDS (CINS) OF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC (WITH SPECIAL EMPHASIS ON VULNERABLE/DISADVANTAGED POPULATIONS).
Let's look at a possible scenario:
How about that "the environment" has been identified as a Critical Information Need. So the government monitor in your local newsroom will be tracking how the station covers "the environment", what resources it devotes, the prominence it gives to stories, etc.
But what if you're a news editor and you happen to disagree that "the environment" is one of the eight most Critical Information Needs.
What if you happen to think that "runaway public debt" or "the vulnerability of US diplomatic facilities in Libya" is a more Critical Information Need than "the environment"?
What government bureaucrat do you go to to see about getting the federally-mandated Critical Information Needs changed?
Or does it require a constitutional amendment?
THE STATE HAS NO BUSINESS DETERMINING WHICH NEWS STORIES HAVE PRIORITIES OVER OTHERS, and certainly no business sending monitors into newsrooms to ensure compliance
- because the essence of a functioning press is not what the state decrees the citizen has a "critical need" to know but what it doesn't think he needs to know.
Why should "Social Solutions International" get to determine "the critical information needs of the American public"? And why should the government get to enforce them?
FREE SPEECH IS THE WHOLE THING, THE WHOLE BALL GAME.
Because without free speech you can never be quite sure whether the ball game is even real.
Is the Channel 7 News covering that dreary speech by Michael Mann because the news director thinks it's one of the vital stories of the day?
Covering that story is the "CRITICAL INFORMATION NEED".
http://www.infowars.com/justice-group-warns-o ...
Is this more Orwellian Obama Newspeak for STATE CONTROLLED BROADCASTING?
Will the Obamatrons on here claim this is mere right wing nonsense, or FOR ONCE acknowledge The One is not a fan of Democracy?
Go ahead. Start spinning. We're waiting.
Heard about that last night. The "news police".....

Still concerned too many Americans are not paying attention. The fact it's gotten to this point without so much as a small outcry of protest by all news sources and media outlets is even more concerning. Power in the hands of a few is bad enough. The press in their back pockets and acting as their microphones is dangerous. But a semi-comatose society allows it to happen.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083470 Feb 20, 2014
I walked over the hill.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1083471 Feb 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Americans like you who worry me. If you can't see we have a "principal" sitting in the WH right now with an elite few of other "principals" calling all the shots and making all the rules with many unintended consequences of which the majority of "students" don't want imposed on them - and inflicting punishment if there is any resistance or noncompliance to their rules - you would buy anything. And why you would end up like millions of others in the past - and present - who find out too late they were on the wrong side of history.
If Republicans can be faulted for anything in the past, it was being too lax and not keeping a closer eye and check on "students" who took advantage of their permissiveness.
But I'd rather put my faith in them and believe they learned their lesson - and that they will be much more diligent in the future to strike a balance between their previous laxness and minimal oversight going forward to maintain order.
Because that's all that's needed. A balance with minimal government oversight.
The "principals" in power took advantage of our vulnerability - as all power hungry people do.
That's some real funny chit babe__have you ever considered a stand up routine?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083473 Feb 20, 2014
On the land.
Hillary

Satellite Beach, FL

#1083474 Feb 20, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
And too many Americans are fine with that.= Carol lost the election
Some posters on here prove it.= People don't seem to read Carol's post anymore
It doesn't take a fictional story to point out the obvious.= malarkey
The present administration doesn't weigh the costs.= People voted without reading Carols 20,000 anti Obama posts LOL
Ask the Venezuelans or Cubans = People Carol wants to keep out of the US together with Mexicans.
Their legacies, power and ivory tower ideologies trumps all unintended costs.= unsupported generalizations
No Benghazi today ?
"What DIFFERENCE does it make?"=Patrick..."Wh at DIFFERENCE does it make?"=Angela... "What DIFFERENCE does it make?"=lily... "What DIFFERENCE does it make?"=Patricangelily?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083476 Feb 20, 2014
Of my firm.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1083477 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
The government pays him to lay in bed for 5 years? He claims to be a golfer! Probably virtual golf video games or Wii! But, he's always here, 24/7 so when would he play Wii golf?
He's so fos on everything. Of course he has no financial problems or health insurance problems, he has no problems at all, except that he can't get out of bed. The government takes care of everything else while he pontificates on here.
Carol yarns today ...
ACA working as trolls off on new malarkey

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1083478 Feb 20, 2014
Report: Deadly drone strike in Yemen failed to comply with Obama’s rules to protect civilians: http://tinyurl.com/oul99wf

Aw-w-w-w...did the Azzhole-In-Chief lie again?

You can keep your doctor. You can keep your insurance.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083481 Feb 20, 2014
DBWaiter wrote:
I love Paris in the winter when she drizzles
Which one? There are many.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1083482 Feb 20, 2014
<quoted text>
The government pays him to lay in bed for 5 years? He claims to be a golfer! Probably virtual golf video games or Wii! But, he's always here, 24/7 so when would he play Wii golf?
He's so fos on everything. Of course he has no financial problems or health insurance problems, he has no problems at all, except that he can't get out of bed. The government takes care of everything else while he pontificates on here.
That's Obama for you!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1083484 Feb 20, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>YOU do.
lol! So then... I must be a conservative in your eyes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,563
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 54 min Fa-Foxy 10
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr Anthony Scarpuzzi... 1,660
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,681
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr Retired SOF 2,130
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr GEORGIA 6,401
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 8,844
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Dregs Historian 102,451
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages