Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418811 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1083259 Feb 20, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Nikki Haley's real name is Nimrata Randhawa. Tea baggers might call her a Muslim had she not changed her name.
You're a tea bagger and just called her a Muslim.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1083260 Feb 20, 2014
follow the money and who is teaching your children?

'Federal Election Commission filings,{show} that the University of California and Harvard ranked first and second in per capita employee contributions to the 2004 Kerry presidential campaign, with Kerry
attracting $19 for every dollar donated to Bush..'

Rothman, S., Lichter, R., & Neil Nevitte.(2005).'Politics and Professional Advancement Among College Faculty'. The Forum, Vol 3. Issue 1, Art 2.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083261 Feb 20, 2014
fletch almighty wrote:
I'm just going to type things now to see if I can win the "Race to a Million. Just ignore it, I'm going to just write any old silly shit that pops into my head.
Obama is a failure.

Location hidden

#1083262 Feb 20, 2014
How bout another set of data on how University faculties voting preferences...

England...

'Once again, social scientists were found to be the most liberal of professors – about 70 percent could be classified as holding “far left” or “moderate left” political positions – with professors in the humanities not far behind (58 percent left)...'

Halsey, A.H. and M.A. Trow. 1971. The British Academics. London: Faber and Faber.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083263 Feb 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I told your dumbass before to quit putting words in my mouth!!!!!!! I am for no minimum wage. Let the employee and employer decide what each think they are worth. If the employee thinks h/she/it is worth more prove it to the employer or go work somewhere else. If the employer can't find some one to do the work at the pay he decides it is worth he will raise the pay until he does. Why do you libtards always think the government is the answer?
Agree.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083264 Feb 20, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>"Dem" What a perfect name for such a liberal hypocrite. And Democrats claim that they are SOOOOO tolerant.
They are the true racists, liars, cheats, moochers, looters, govt dependents, distractors, etc. and they are tolerant of the same. IMO of course. Their leader is a liar.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1083265 Feb 20, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>NEVER! They are part of this collusion whose sole purpose is to divert from the real issues by the act of sedating the masses of low info voters through entertainment.
There are millions upon millions of us that actually see through this smokescreen too.
Back in 2012 the Obamas already beat the Reagans in TV appearances:

Barack and Michelle Obama have made a combined 195 television and movie appearances since entering the national spotlight in 2004, according to the Internet Movie Database (IMDB). That is 20 more appearances than the Reagans’ 175 self-credited media appearances over an 85-year span.

Ronald and Nancy Reagan were both Hollywood stars, amassing 99 movie and television roles from 1937 to 1996. Reagan continued to frequent the late night circuit during his political career, sitting down with Johnny Carson and roasting A-listers with Dean Martin.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/obama-overtake...

Never mind the international meltdown and that domestically there are no jobs and ObamaCare is a huge failure--Moochelle was dancing with Jimmy Fallon.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1083266 Feb 20, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Nikki Haley's real name is Nimrata Randhawa. Tea baggers might call her a Muslim had she not changed her name.
Except she'd still be a Hindu which is nothing at all like a Muslim. Of course the teabaggers wouldn't understand any of that they see brown and the hate spews.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1083267 Feb 20, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
When you need a paper to slam Sam Walton...hire an economist!
Where do Economists come from?
They all are created in a University....
"The data come from the 1999 North American Academic Study Survey
(NAASS) of students, faculty and administrators at colleges and universities in the United States and Canada.....
The American sample includes 1643 faculty members drawn from 183
universities and colleges..."
Findings:
72 percent of Faculty self identified as being Left/Liberal
15 percent of faculty self Identified as being Right/Conservative
More ...and I quote:
"The authors also argued that any liberal tilt was restricted to a limited
number of disciplines, noting that liberal-left views were most common among professors in the social sciences (59%)..."
Rothman, S., Lichter, R., & Neil Nevitte.(2005).'Politics and Professional Advancement Among College Faculty'. The Forum, Vol 3. Issue 1, Art 2.
What are the Social Sciences?
From the front cover...of one of my old text books...
Psychology, History, Political Science, Anthropology, geography, Sociology, and Economics
Zulke, F., and Jacqueline Kirley,(2002).'Through the Eyes of the Social Sciences.' Waveland Press : Illinois.
So, all college educated people are liberals.

Great analysis.

Location hidden

#1083268 Feb 20, 2014
Higher education is not biased....not even a smidgen...

NAASS,
Abortion
84 percent of professors are for abortion...
American Public-LESS than 40 percent

Homosexuality...
67 percent of college professors are pro homosexuality..
30 percent of the general public are pro homosexuality

Shacking up/not married.....
76 percent of professors are ok with this...
44 percent of the general public...

Rothman, S., Woessner, A., and Mathew Woessner.(2011).'The still divided academy: How competing visions of power , politics, and diversity complicate the mission of higher education.' Rowman & Little Field : Maryland.

Carlisle, PA

#1083269 Feb 20, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hi Duh A Vey.
Romney not prezidink, remember?
Ya wanna discuss and whine about NAFTA and all that AGAIN?
KEYSTONE Duh Vey???
(WTH the problem THIS time???????)
But Romney ran & your ilk voted for him.

I don't have a problem with NAFTA. I only have a problem when dumbass right whiners blame Clinton for it.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1083270 Feb 20, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a tea bagger and just called her a Muslim.
By the way he posts here, he sure seems like one that would engage in that sort of thing. I wonder if Obama is? Hmmmmm Judging from those who speak of his antics at man's country, I would say so.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1083271 Feb 20, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>"Dem" What a perfect name for such a liberal hypocrite. And Democrats claim that they are SOOOOO tolerant.
the modern DemoKKKrats are Fascists, not liberals.....

“MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN”

Since: Feb 14

O'bamaland, Destroying, USA

#1083272 Feb 20, 2014
In an article in the Christian Science Monitor this morning it says that scientists at Brigham Young University have discovered that parakeets left alone in their cage with no distractions will, inevitably, tend to poop on the liberal leaning articles. The same is true for Rodents we're told.

Dr's Ima Schaffer and Israel Leggo announced Thursday that domesticated birds and small mammals are 50% more likely to seek out and defecate on liberal leaning portions of the paper in their cages, and to curl up to sleep in or over the more conservative ones.

Funny enough I noticed the same thing happening with my two pink finches and the hamster at my house. I've recently curled the hamster's coat with a red hot 16 penny nail so that he looks more like Fabio - although to be frank for a guy who spends all day on an exercise wheel it doesn't appear to be doing him any good? Anyway I just thought you'd like to know.

#1083273 Feb 20, 2014
Is it just me or does everything suddenly go dark when you hold your breath for the entire Ellen show?

#1083275 Feb 20, 2014
I'm sorry but what does "pro-homosexuality" mean? Are we talking actively or passively here? Doesn't there need to be some kind of test to see if they're seriously committed pro-homo or just mouthing the words?

Carlisle, PA

#1083276 Feb 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I told your dumbass before to quit putting words in my mouth!!!!!!! I am for no minimum wage. Let the employee and employer decide what each think they are worth. If the employee thinks h/she/it is worth more prove it to the employer or go work somewhere else. If the employer can't find some one to do the work at the pay he decides it is worth he will raise the pay until he does. Why do you libtards always think the government is the answer?
So, you want to bring back sweat shops?

Employers take advantage of desperate people?

We need government because you can't trust corporations to do the right thing. When will you Flacktards learn that.

Or is it to allow companies to pay less so more can claim benefits because they still qualify for assistance & we an subsidize companies some more.

I see no problem with setting a minimum age & indexing it to inflation.

$10.10 is about what the minimum wage would be if it was indexed to inflation starting in the late 60's.

Companies survive then just like they would now.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1083277 Feb 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Walmart has company....
Clothing retailer Gap, Inc. announced Wednesday that it will raise its hourly minimum wage to $10, a change that will affect 65,000 U.S. employees. GAP employees who are now earning the minimum wage will make $9.00 in June of 2014 and $10 in June of 2015. GAP, which also owns Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, Athleta, and Intermix, operates in more than 50 countries and employs 135,000 people around the world.
“To us, this is not a political issue,” GAP Chairman and CEO Glenn Murphy said.“Our decision to invest in frontline employees will directly support our business, and is one that we expect to deliver a return many times over.” In a release, the company argues that increasing the minimum wage will help retain “attract and retain great talent” and improve customers’ experience.
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/02/19/3...
legislation? why?
so, GAP really pays 50% of its employees minimum wage....and you people criticize Walmart???...

nice that GAP criticizes the quality of its staff in the same press release....

how much will GAP demand in wages for the children working in supplier factories in Asia???....

nevertheless, a freely-made business decision is fine.....

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1083280 Feb 20, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>By the way he posts here, he sure seems like one that would engage in that sort of thing. I wonder if Obama is? Hmmmmm Judging from those who speak of his antics at man's country, I would say so.
Homosexuality followed by pedophilia ? You sure you want to play it this way?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1083281 Feb 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you right whiners are so interested in "buy American" quit supporting Republicans who continue to support tax breaks for taking jobs overseas.
Right now, Corporations are not taxed on profits earned outside the country until they bring those profits back to the US. So they don't bring it back & invest further in overseas operations. Romney's solution was to make all overseas profits tax free ( great plan masking it more profitable to invest outside the US)
dumbs Dave's idea would drive even more business overseas.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 6,696
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 222,472
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 1,937
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 3,039
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 9,386
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,424
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Red_Forman 1,472

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages