Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1745790 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1083822 Feb 20, 2014
A milestone is about to be reached. In the next hour or so this thread will feature it's 1,000,000th. post. That's not counting the 75,000 or so posts that were offered but never shown.
My bet, a liberal loon will be the poster. Of course it could be so called conservative, also a loon. Maybe we will get lucky and one of the sane posters will be the one. Maybe "Galt", "killtaker", "Carol".
Just have to wait.
Peace
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1083823 Feb 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Follow up on Orwell's "Animal Farm":
At the book’s end, Napoleon completely eliminates the animal’s original “constitution” of The Seven Commandments. This happens one ominous day when the animal’s constitution, which was painted on the barn wall, simply disappears. In its place just one commandment is written:“ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL – BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.” Obama has not officially eliminated the Constitution, but he has made significant “progress” towards that end. And while Obama portrays himself as a champion of equality for all, he has adopted the same mantra as Napoleon, which is that the ruling class (government) is “more equal” than the ruled class.
Themes from the book:
~To be free one must strenuously exercise one’s powers of reason to think through slogans, promises, and any form of ideology or propaganda.
~If one accepts being lied to, then he/she is also doomed. Acceptance of a lie, even a small lie, emboldens the liar to telthe ruling class and especially presidents and judges, decide to interpret the Constitution, and laws enacted under the Constitution, exactly opposite to the plain meaning of the words in the Constitution or laws, and the citizens allow them to get away with it, then all are living in a lawless state of existence, dependent on the whims of tyrants.
http://lapeerteaparty.ning.com/profiles/blogs...
Republicans just raised the debt limit.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1083824 Feb 20, 2014
Queen Tamale wrote:
Will this thread ever fun die? Lol
What? You're not having fun on here?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1083825 Feb 20, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>History is facts that have already transpired. They are always true.
It depends on who "interprets" them for us.

Honest people or Liberals.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1083826 Feb 20, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
What concepts do you bring to the table?
Which concepts do you bring to the table?

Lapeer, MI

#1083827 Feb 20, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO!!
Before you roll on that floor of your trailer, clean up the feces, vomit and empty vodka bottles - for safety's sake, ya know.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1083828 Feb 20, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Interpretation might impress 5th graders,
adults not so much.
Have you read the book or is this just cut and paste?
I have read the book, and every word of that article was absolutely accurate.

Did the comparisons hit too close to home? Or did you just skip over them afraid to read them?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1083829 Feb 20, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Amazing.....
"Wed, Feb 19, 2014, 11:54pm EST - US Markets are closed
Recent
The Daily Ticker
Chevron's 'pizza and soda' apology turns tragedy into farce
By Aaron Task 13 hours ago Daily Ticker
On Feb. 11, an explosion at a Chevron natural gas well in Bobtown, Pa. exploded, killing one worker. The fire burned for four days and gas and heat are still emanating from the site. The cause of the explosion remains unknown at this time and residents of Bobtown remain understandably concerned about the safety of other wells in the area.
The situation at the well "remains serious," Chevron said in a statement Tuesday.
But the oil giant is threatening to turn this very serious and tragic event into a farce with one of the worst PR moves in recent memory: In an effort to compensate the community, Chevron is giving residents of Bobtown a certificate good for one free pizza and a 2-liter bottle of soda.
To be clear, this is not a joke or a story from The Onion. The Philadelphia Daily News, CNN and various other news outlets confirm the 'pizza and a soda' apology and copies of the certificate and accompanying letter have been posted on the Web.
The letter from Chevron includes a number for a "toll-free community hotline" that rolls into a voicemail for an unidentifiable person, presumably a member of Chevron's 'Community Outreach Team', the same team presumably responsible for the "brilliant" idea of sending a certificate for pizza and a free soda to the concerned citizens of Bobtown. The Daily Ticker left a message on the voicemail and will update this story if Chevron responds.(Update: No direct reponse from Chevron as yet but the voicemail message on the 'hotline' has been changed to a more official PR response. "Your call is important to us, we will get back to you within the next 24 hours.")"
the saddest part of this story is that it wasn't Heirich Obama or you that died, sonny boy.

Lapeer, MI

#1083830 Feb 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoosh!!! His post went right over your head. Give it up. You are not smart enough to grasp the concept of American companies repatriating cash from overseas.
What the hell...we "repatriate" Kenyans so why not earnings?

“you know i know”

denver

#1083831 Feb 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
or maybe even just invest the money in businesses that produced jobs for the black community....instead of pissing away the money on drugs and hookers......or beating up their baby mammas........
"groid thug Ray Rice knocks out his 'ho, Lily volunteers to have his next child.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1083832 Feb 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the book, and every word of that article was absolutely accurate.
Did the comparisons hit too close to home? Or did you just skip over them afraid to read them?
"....and every word of that article was absolutely accurate...."

bwaahhhhhahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

Thanks for providing a laugh

“you know i know”

denver

#1083833 Feb 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Shadow Government Statistics?
The irony of the entire website is that Williams takes government reported statistics to make his apocalyptic predictions, after flatly stating on many occasions that government reported numbers are "deceptive," "rigged," and "manipulated." Take a second and let that sink in, too long might give a normal person a stroke.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Shadow_Governmen...
Dick Morris, John Bolton, Lou Dobbs, Newt Gingrich, and Larry Kudlow? experts in lying and making the wrong call on an election, but not in economics. how about a real economist?
but if that won't work for you i totally understand.
Prove any of them are lying, you're the liar, BO is the liar.

Less than 1 page of want ads in the Sunday paper, when Reagan retired there were 13 pages.

Fail.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1083834 Feb 20, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Before ........know.
?

“you know i know”

denver

#1083835 Feb 20, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
TOLUCA, Mexico (AP)— Pressed by North American allies on an array of politically fraught issues, President Barack Obama on Wednesday vowed to press ahead with stalled efforts to expand trade agreements for the Americas into Asia and overhaul fractured U.S. immigration laws. But Obama made no promises to frustrated Canadian leaders about his long-anticipated decision on the Keystone XL pipeline.
Closing a day of talks with the leaders of Mexico and Canada, Obama said the North American partners must maintain their "competitive advantage" on trade, in part by expanding into the fast-growing Asia-Pacific region. While Obama acknowledged that "elements in my party" oppose the Trans-Pacific Partnership deal, he disputed the notion that Democratic concerns would derail the agreement.
WTH...MORE treason?
America reallllly needs a POTUS FOR America-rather than AGAINST it-sooner than 2016 would be even nicer.
What is DUH problem with KEYSTONE?
Are the current pack of DC commie kids scared it might actually provide some JOBS FOR America, rather than narcissisitcally and marxist megalomaniacly drain, dry out and WHINE against it?
What a bunch of backwood, desert desiring, bafoons.
Boy Blunder BO threatens Ukrainian president with cut off of lobster and arugula, draws red line on a picture of his face.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1083836 Feb 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
"groid thug .......... next child.
President Barack Obama denounced the escalating bloodshed in Ukraine Wednesday, urging that country’s military to stay out of the conflict and warning of unspecified “consequences” for those involved in violence surrounding ongoing protests against Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych.

“you know i know”

denver

#1083837 Feb 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you right whiners are so interested in "buy American" quit supporting Republicans who continue to support tax breaks for taking jobs overseas.
Right now, Corporations are not taxed on profits earned outside the country until they bring those profits back to the US. So they don't bring it back & invest further in overseas operations. Romney's solution was to make all overseas profits tax free ( great plan masking it more profitable to invest outside the US)
You're an idiot, Romney..........aw never mind, you're too stupid
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1083838 Feb 20, 2014
Do any of you libtarded Democommies here think your teleprompter stooge can have an impact on the Ukraine situation with Putin as his boss in international matters?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1083839 Feb 20, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on who "interprets" them for us.
Honest people or Liberals.
Only those who acknowledge truth.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1083840 Feb 20, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
President Barack Obama denounced the escalating bloodshed in Ukraine Wednesday, urging that country’s military to stay out of the conflict and warning of unspecified “consequences” for those involved in violence surrounding ongoing protests against Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych.
The boy Obamatard would score points if he bowed to Putin.

“you know i know”

denver

#1083841 Feb 20, 2014
killtaker wrote:
Freedom of speech and bullies....
"Obama FCC Placing Government Monitors in Newsrooms to Police Media "
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2014/02/not-...
Barack Hussein Goebbles. He never met a Nazi idea he didn't like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 25 min Julia 12,236
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min loose cannon 243,400
asian 18-30 for straight visitor 1 hr first timer 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 hr Alyssa76 3,266
Trump is A 8 hr Independent Thinker 614
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr RACE 105,472
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 hr Black Ice 72,074

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages