Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263866 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1082470 Feb 18, 2014
The Debil Is Trash wrote:
Don't I know it living in this God forsaken Democratic run State which they've ruined.
Now the convicts in jail can get a Bachelors Degree on taxpayers money ...
I'm still paying off Student Loans - Nobody helped me. Geesh! Maybe I should've ...
LOL !!
<quoted text>
My first thought when I read your post was, "what the hell is wrong with you? If a bachelor's degree helps reduce repeat offenders, we should all be for it."

Then I gave it a second thought. What good is a degree in philosophy, history, literature and art history? Chances of an ex-con being hired as a teacher is slim to none. I could see someone getting a degree in engineering finding a job on the outside but not sure those types of courses are available. I suppose someone could become a CPA but, again, not sure those courses are being offered. Off the top of my head it seem we really need to focus on more vocation and work programs. Heck, I've ended up with more questions than answers.

I do, however, believe that we should do everything possible to see that inmates are not released without the tools necessary to find jobs that will allow them to become productive members of society.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1082471 Feb 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you and I have had different experiences. I haven't spoken to one single person who has seen their insurance costs rise because of Obamacare. Not one.
that's because everybody in your moldy Boca Palms Nursing Home is on Medicare.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1082473 Feb 18, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Bill Clinton gave this average democrat clemency.
Clinton pardoned Marc Rich as well, with Eric Holder serving as bag man for the payoff....

Location hidden

#1082474 Feb 18, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine did. My office visit co-payment doubled. My out of pocket maximum increased 250% and my prescription co-pay doubled. Hubby and I do not need maternity care, insurance for any type of child healthcare expense, birth control (LOL) etc. This is until November 2014 when we see what is coming up for 2015. Aren't you and your hubby on medicare or do you have private insurance?
We have private insurance through our retirement plans. I really get tired of hearing this argument about not needing "maternity care". Those who do need maternity care are also paying for your mammograms and your husband's prostrate exams. I don't hear them complaining. It all works out.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Wekweti NT

#1082475 Feb 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>again, that is your dreams of me, sweetie...
yeah, like i'm the stalker here..
run along little child before i swat you...
You would like very much for me to disappear just like you would love everyone else who points out your lies to disappear as well Hyime.(USMail)

Location hidden

#1082476 Feb 18, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to our world!
I don't know of any University Prison Education programs in California funded by taxpayers.

In fact, the only one I can think of is the Prison University Project based at San Quentin State Prison which was started in 1996 and is taught by VOLUNTEER professors and grad students from Stanford University, UC Berkley, UC Davis, San Francisco State University and other local universities.

I do know that we, the taxpayers, do pay to hold religious services at prisons. I'm left wondering why these messengers of God can't bring themselves to volunteer their time.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1082477 Feb 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
My first thought when I read your post was, "what the hell is wrong with you? If a bachelor's degree helps reduce repeat offenders, we should all be for it."
Then I gave it a second thought. What good is a degree in philosophy, history, literature and art history? Chances of an ex-con being hired as a teacher is slim to none. I could see someone getting a degree in engineering finding a job on the outside but not sure those types of courses are available. I suppose someone could become a CPA but, again, not sure those courses are being offered. Off the top of my head it seem we really need to focus on more vocation and work programs. Heck, I've ended up with more questions than answers.
I do, however, believe that we should do everything possible to see that inmates are not released without the tools necessary to find jobs that will allow them to become productive members of society.
no engineering firm would hire an ex-con......

and surely you must be kidding about allowing an ex-con to become a CPA......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1082479 Feb 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have private insurance through our retirement plans. I really get tired of hearing this argument about not needing "maternity care". Those who do need maternity care are also paying for your mammograms and your husband's prostrate exams. I don't hear them complaining. It all works out.
you have Medicare plus a supplement, liar.....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1082481 Feb 18, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no engineering firm would hire an ex-con......
and surely you must be kidding about allowing an ex-con to become a CPA......
hell, they can be congressmen and senators...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1082482 Feb 18, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>With teachers such as Lois Lame polluting the public school systems today's kids have a real uphill battle when it comes to History__Geography__Science__B iology__and especially Math.
Your experience with learning difficulties is highly subjective.

You should not casually apply it to everyone as being a common ailment.

Lapeer, MI

#1082483 Feb 18, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Meanwhile, the poor Dems will be fighting the wealthier Dems over where to put The Ones Presidential Library when the time comes.
Inner city Chicago on Thug Street or a wealthy neighborhood?
My vote is with his home town in Kenya but I'm worried that all the documents that would go in there will be sealed. What's left? The autobiographies that have already been disputed as lies? The fake birth certificate? Pictures of his years as a member in The Choom Gang?
Most of his life is a secret.
Maybe the best location for a lie like his would be to place it all into a traveling show.

The Kenyan Traveling Magic Show. Mooschelle could hang along as the Bearded Lady while the Magic Negro pulls things from his hat.

Location hidden

#1082484 Feb 18, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you have Medicare plus a supplement, liar.....
We do not have Medicare. We signed our rights to medicare over to our health provider and our monthly premiums were reduced because of it but our insurance plan is administered by our former employer.

Location hidden

#1082485 Feb 18, 2014
Facebook post of the day:

Why is Bernie Madoff the only Wall Street Criminal to face jail time?

Because he robbed the 1%, not the 99%.
The Debil Is Trash

Buffalo, NY

#1082486 Feb 18, 2014
Like the "beloved" Ted Kennedy.

Hell ... One can even be a former Klansmen and be Eulogized as a "great" man by William Jefferson Clinton. Yeah, he was a good Byrd ...

O, do you need a link ...?
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hell, they can be congressmen and senators...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1082487 Feb 18, 2014
Michael Dunn's account of Black Friday 2012

http://www.scribd.com/doc/207618039/Michael-D...
Cretchen Carlson

Rolling Meadows, IL

#1082488 Feb 18, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Misinformed about my own health insurance policy?
Believe what you want RL :P
I misinformed you. Oops! Sorry! A blonde moment!

Lapeer, MI

#1082490 Feb 18, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Even in the national wasteland that is Florida, it is doubtful if they ever allowed her to teach...
Too bad for you that Phrenology, Voodoo Doll Creation and Satanism are not legitimate, professionally accepted curriculum in this country.

Maybe you could return to Transylvania for your retirement.

Lapeer, MI

#1082491 Feb 18, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's a liar and you're a dupe, a sap, a stooge. Show us some new bridges and roads? Show us some jobs?
Remember the big laugh he got out of the non existent "shovel ready" jobs?
We do, there weren't any.
We've all seen a slew of extravagant parties, opulent foreign vacations and tons of golf outings ....but Jobs? Bridges? Economic Growth?

The Magic Negro uses your money and not his.
He grows his money and wastes yours.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1082492 Feb 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
Facebook post of the day:
Why is Bernie Madoff the only Wall Street Criminal to face jail time?
Because he robbed the 1%, not the 99%.
don't mess with family...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1082493 Feb 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not have Medicare. We signed our rights to medicare over to our health provider and our monthly premiums were reduced because of it but our insurance plan is administered by our former employer.
so you have Medicare Advantage, which means you are stuck with one "health provider" and whatever care they choose to provide.....

"signed our rights to medicare" is a joke, given that nobody has any such rights......

year-to-year, fool.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 53 min Red_Forman 5,382
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 54 min Red_Forman 6,257
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 194,554
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 100,299
how many people think louis farrakhan is an idiot (Mar '11) 2 hr reality is a crutch 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,358
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 7 hr VeganTiger 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages