Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418518 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1082931 Feb 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
mixing or no mixing, which is it......
and, in any event, all synthetic and not music at all.....
4 years of music theory classes would beg to differ.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1082932 Feb 19, 2014
flack wrote:
Slaughter at sea
Drake began his effort to extract petroleum from the ground in the spring of 1858, when all of America relied on whale oil to light its lamps and to lubricate the new machines of the industrial revolution.
The United States dominated the whaling industry, which sent its ships on multi-year, 10,000 mile journeys from its Massachusetts base of operations around the tip of South America and into the Pacific in relentless pursuit of humpbacks and sperm whales. The blubber from the butchered beasts, melted down into oil, earned New Bedford, Mass., the title of "The City That Lit the World." The whaling villages of Honolulu and Lahaina in the remote Hawaiian Islands welcomed 100 to 800 ships a year, until a century of unceasing slaughter depleted whale populations in every corner of the globe.
At the same time, tinkerers and entrepreneurs in Pennsylvania began developing petroleum-based lamp oil as a cheaper alternative to the increasingly limited supplies from whaling. In 1851, Samuel Kier began collecting crude oil from puddles and springs near his salt mines. He refined it into the newly patented "kerosene," inventing a lamp to accommodate his product, promising better and cheaper illumination than whale oil.
But it remained for Drake, a former railroad conductor, to devise a way to get more of the petroleum from below the earth's surface. His well near Titusville, mocked as "Drake's Folly," took almost a month to reach 70 feet deep. It employed Drake's revolutionary concept of using piping in the bore hole so rock surrounding the drilled shaft wouldn't collapse and close the opening in the earth. He never patented the process and died in poverty 22 years later, but his engineering genius saved the whales.
from USAToday
Interesting subject Flacko and you're generally correct__although__the Japanese were hunting whales for food as early as 12,000 BC and it's not really certain when they began refining the blubber to use as lubricant, solvent etc.

Also pine/wood tars and coal tars came about during the early to mid 1600's and were refined into turpenes-kerosenes at different times in different nations by the late 1600's

Too bad about Drake eh?

If he'd drilled in any number of other locations he'd have had better luck.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1082933 Feb 19, 2014
70-Year-Old GOP Candidate In Texas Arrested For Assaulting Man With 'RINO' Signs

A candidate for the Orange County, Texas GOP chairmanship was arrested on Tuesday for attacking a man who was putting up signs with "RINO" written on them, KDFM reported.

Jerry Wilson told KDFM that a long-time rival started pulling up his campaign signs near an early voting location and replaced them with ones that told people "not to vote for RINO Jerry." The term "RINO" is short for Republican In Name Only.

"I've been in politics a long time," Wilson told KFDM. "If your sign you've meticulously placed is pulled up and replaced by somebody else's signs--I was so damn mad and he was sitting there. This feud has been going on long enough. I'm 70 years old. I try to be as good a part of my community as I can."

Wilson was charged with assault and released from jail on a $1,000 bond, but he claimed that both men were throwing punches.

"I walked over to him and said 'you're pulling up my signs and destroying them.' He said 'what are you going to do about it?' It was a fight. He was landing punches, too. I can tell you this-he will remember the day," Wilson said about the brawl. "Whatever my punishment is, I'll take it. If I had to do it over again I don't think I'd change one thing. He deserved what he got."

Wilson told KDFM that he will not withdraw from the race.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/candida...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1082934 Feb 19, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Any person who has a hyphenated last name can automatically be considered an idiot. flack
How do you feel about hyphenated first names??
Lil Olive Skin Kid

East Amherst, NY

#1082935 Feb 19, 2014
So was the professor who chose that text book. If a white instructor had chosen a text book that bashed Martin Luther King, Jr. per say ... Well, you can imagine. No more need be said.

~new yawk
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Any person who has a hyphenated last name can automatically be considered an idiot. flack
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1082937 Feb 19, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>No, numbers are not missing. There are his messages there.
I just purposely double posted a reply to Flack __within ten minutes one of those posts will disappear along with the corresponding number.

I think__LOL

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1082939 Feb 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Lois Lame Jr?
Sure smells like it's from the same dung pile.
Your insults sure smell like stupidity.

What's wrong? Embarrassed that your dear leader takes you for a useful idiot? Ashamed that he and his minions blatantly lie to the faces of American citizens?

No wonder so many voters are sickened that they reelected your pitiful hero to a second term.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1082940 Feb 19, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you buying a house, condo, trailer?
Have you inquired whether it is ADA compliant? You two ain't no spring chickens, what with your smoking and being overweight. Might as well plan ahead. Easy entry tub. Ramp for the front door. Lowered doorknobs for wheel chair use. You'll thank me later for these tips.
Was talking about not getting anywhere so far...on here.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1082941 Feb 19, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree. It was pretty pathetic what you Democrats did to Hillary Clinton when she was running against Obama.
Oh...well...that's, uh, um, different.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1082942 Feb 19, 2014
Unca Barry Hitler will be sending out his Brown Shirts in a futile effort to stifle the media in defiance of the 1st Amendment, having has such sucess with the Gestapo in the IRS:

News for fcc to investigate the mediaThe HillFCC to Investigate How Broadcasters Select News StoriesThe New American &#8206;- 1 day ago
The FCC is launching an initiative — the Multi-Market Study of Critical ... newspapers when the FCC has no authority to regulate print media?”.

Gov't Monitors in Newsrooms? FCC to Look Into Media Decision ...foxnewsinsider.com/.../govt -monitors-newsrooms-fcc-look-m edia-decisi...&#8206;Cache d3 hours ago - In a controversial move, the Obama administration is looking to send the FCC in to investigate how the media chooses stories. Shannon Bream ...

FCC to police media, question reporters in content survey | The ...dailycaller.com/.../fcc-to- police-news-media-question-re. ..&#8206;CachedThe Daily CallerLoading...Oct 30, 2013 - FCC to police news media, question reporters in wide-ranging content survey .... Just the act of investigation will serve as a chilling effect. 29.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1082943 Feb 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I just purposely double posted a reply to Flack __within ten minutes one of those posts will disappear along with the corresponding number.
I think__LOL
And 37 precedes 39...
Lil Olive Skin Kid

East Amherst, NY

#1082944 Feb 19, 2014
Yep ... It was woodtick. < Below >. No other replies to its posts.
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You can't see it Melvin because they are gone. The only thing left is where some one else responded to one of it's posts.
woodtick57
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
you never heard of the word apathy?

stupid people don't get it...keep up with your cute little sayings that mean nothing...the real world is moving along.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1082945 Feb 19, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Your insults sure smell like stupidity.
What's wrong? Embarrassed that your dear leader takes you for a useful idiot? Ashamed that he and his minions blatantly lie to the faces of American citizens?
No wonder so many voters are sickened that they reelected your pitiful hero to a second term.
New to the thread eh? Joined Sunday? ROFLMAO

You sound like our resident nutjob Lois Lame.

“you know i know”

denver

#1082946 Feb 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicare patients are seen by private doctors and private hospitals.
Single payer does not mean government owned hospitals & government employed doctors.
5 years of trillion dollar porkulus, where's the jobs?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1082947 Feb 19, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>And 37 precedes 39...
By my count #36 disappeared__the second of the two. I've seen one word posts and "sorry for double posts" disappear as well.__it's not always cursing-filth and such.

I think Flack is a tad paranoid.

“you know i know”

denver

#1082948 Feb 19, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So even liberal-leaning news sources aren't "actual sources"?
Who, then, DO you believe?
But in looking up the special agent's role in the investigations, I came across this from CBS.(Should I ask first if CBS an "actual source"?)
In an interview with President Obama on the same day, "60 Minutes" correspondent Steve Kroft presses the president on early accounts that the attack stemmed from a spontaneous protest, saying it didn't "sound like your normal demonstration."
"We're still investigating exactly what happened," Mr. Obama said. "I don't want to jump the gun on this. But you're right that this is not a situation that was exactly the same as what happened in Egypt. And my suspicion is, is that there are folks involved in this, who were looking to target Americans from the start."
http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/281120/81/Be...
Why does this president insist on calling terrorists "folks" all the time? He used that term referring to terrorists twice in the interview with O'Reilly.
Americans died

BO and Shrillary lied, that's what happened

“you know i know”

denver

#1082949 Feb 19, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Apparently, the Justice and State departments cited a year-old FBI investigation and a future criminal prosecution to block access to survivors.
Three of those survivors supposedly testified behind closed doors last November.
It ain't over till it's over...
Later.
What happened and who lied and continuie to lie:

Obama Linked Benghazi to Video 3 Days After CIA Eyewitnesses Confirmed No Protest There
December 31, 2012 - 9:44 PM

( CNSNews.com )- Three days after CIA and State Department eyewitnesses reported on Sept. 15 that there had been no protest in Benghazi, Libya, before terrorists attacked the U.S. diplomatic mission and a CIA facility there on Sept. 11, President Barack Obama and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney both publicly linked the attacks, which killed four Americans, to protests against an anti-Muslim video that had been posted on YouTube.

Carney did it at the White House press briefing on Tuesday, Sept. 18, and Obama did it later that same day in a taped interview with David Letterman.

However, according to a new report by the Senate Homeland Security Committee, personnel working at the CIA "Annex" in Benghazi on Sept. 11 reported on Sept. 15 that there had been no protest in Benghazi that day, and State Department security personnel who survived the Benghazi attacks told FBI interviewers on Sept. 15 and Sept. 16 that they, too, had seen no evidence of any protest before the attacks.

At the White House briefing on Sept. 18, Carney said that there was a protest in Benghazi on Sept. 11 against the anti-Muslim YouTube video and that the attacks there were "sparked" by protests. Obama, appearing on David Letterman’s show that same day, instantly referred to the video and called its maker a “shadowy character” when Letterman asked him what had happened in Benghazi.

Also, an internal State Department email exchange on Sept. 18--the same day Carney made his claim at the White House briefing and Obama made his on Letterman—shows that State Department security officers new by that date that there had been no protest in Benghazi on Sept. 11, 2012.

Video recordings from the diplomatic mission’s closed-circuit television security system, according to the Senate Homeland Security Committee’s report, would also demonstrate that there had been no protest there before the terrorist attacks.

Obama and Hillary both lied, the LSM covered for them and he was re elected.

The LSM is dishonest and corrupt, they have no credibility, the are an arm of the Demorat party.

“you know i know”

denver

#1082950 Feb 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
mixing for musicians, my own music, audio analysis for local, or not so local, law enforcement.
and it's all software nowadays. no mixer.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/audiomast...
I would never have thought all things Bongos could be so lucrative.

“you know i know”

denver

#1082951 Feb 19, 2014
HillaryVodkaOption wrote:
<quoted text> That's because you're a sick, drunk, vile, racist pervert.
You left out fat, other than that you're spot on.
Lil Olive Skin Kid

East Amherst, NY

#1082952 Feb 19, 2014
If I had to ... Women have been known to accomplish miraculous feats to save their child ...
Or even a fallen loved one ... I'd carry them on my shoulders if necessary.

That's why I work out. To stay strong and toned within my core, throughout my upper body and legs.

And you, plumpkin ? Besides lifting that liquor bottle ?

Thank You ... I Am A Lady!
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet a sturdy lady like yourself could carry 150lbs on your shoulders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min tina anne 61,033
Chicago has the Worst Women 5 min Bill 51
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Dr Phil 222,431
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,952
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 2,422
amy8-25-16 6 hr Sublime1 4
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 7 hr GEORGIA 1,934
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages