Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405366 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1082836 Feb 19, 2014
Well, guess we're not getting anywhere so far...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1082837 Feb 19, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! For the umpteenth time son....
... Obama was born in Hawaii.
You really are defective, aren't you?
Oh, he can go on and on for years; that other moran is doing the same thing, or they're the same person.
Call Ted Cruz and complain about him
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1082839 Feb 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/07/18/w...
http://tinyurl.com/c8slhgh
You're so stupid that you'd argue with an oncoming train.
Come to think of it......why don't you try it?
Keith Koffler??? ROFLMAO__you might as well cite Lois Lame as a source.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1082841 Feb 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives ARE the Republican mainstream....
the leadership and the Chamber of Commerce types are the fringe....
Party, hijacking, hostage taking terrorists?

Americans already know that son...
dem

Chicago, IL

#1082843 Feb 19, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Are you buying a house, condo, trailer?
Have you inquired whether it is ADA compliant? You two ain't no spring chickens, what with your smoking and being overweight. Might as well plan ahead. Easy entry tub. Ramp for the front door. Lowered doorknobs for wheel chair use. You'll thank me later for these tips.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1082844 Feb 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Flacks going to have a bird over this one!! I enjoy the Debils stories, some of them are kind of raunchy but it's all in fun
I kinda like Flake but not enough to value his opinion on more than beer, nascar, and heavy metal music.

Orlando, FL

#1082845 Feb 19, 2014
Apparently, the Justice and State departments cited a year-old FBI investigation and a future criminal prosecution to block access to survivors.

Three of those survivors supposedly testified behind closed doors last November.

It ain't over till it's over...

Later.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1082846 Feb 19, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Shopping for a Facility
Deciding to move to a senior living environment should not be taken lightly or done at the last minute. Investigate facility options as early as possible; if you find the right one, get on the waiting list right away. Look for facilities that will nurture things you hold dear -- for example, pets, church or socializing. Visit facilities more than once, try the food and get a feel for the facility's layout. Ask for a copy of the contract and any rules or regulations you'll have to follow. Inquire about visiting hours and guest policies. Calculate all costs and get a clear idea of your financial picture before signing.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1082848 Feb 19, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So even liberal-leaning news sources aren't "actual sources"?
Who, then, DO you believe?
But in looking up the special agent's role in the investigations, I came across this from CBS.(Should I ask first if CBS an "actual source"?)
In an interview with President Obama on the same day, "60 Minutes" correspondent Steve Kroft presses the president on early accounts that the attack stemmed from a spontaneous protest, saying it didn't "sound like your normal demonstration."
"We're still investigating exactly what happened," Mr. Obama said. "I don't want to jump the gun on this. But you're right that this is not a situation that was exactly the same as what happened in Egypt. And my suspicion is, is that there are folks involved in this, who were looking to target Americans from the start."
http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/281120/81/Be...
Why does this president insist on calling terrorists "folks" all the time? He used that term referring to terrorists twice in the interview with O'Reilly.
Unless your mission here is to solicit responses___you should weed out the craziness before you hit post comment.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1082849 Feb 19, 2014
Carol's daughter!!!!!
Read

Use new remote sensor technologies that enable your parents to live on their own without being alone. These systems use unobtrusive, wireless motion sensors that are strategically placed in each part of your parent’s home. Sensors are programmed to learn your parent’s routines and transfer pertinent information to supervisors who are on the lookout for changes in your parents living patterns that might indicate a medical problem or emergency. This new sensor technology is especially helpful if you live far away from your parents and want to know they are safe and protected at all times. Remote sensors are at the heart of Selfhelp’s care management plan and are extremely affordable.

Orlando, FL

#1082850 Feb 19, 2014
If, in that interview with "60 Minutes", Obama was questioned on the same day about the early accounts not sounding like "your normal demonstration" and his response was he didn't know "exactly what happened" and didn't want to "jump the gun" and still admitted it was not a situation exactly like that in Egypt....why - oh why - did he continue to adamantly blame a video?

Orlando, FL

#1082851 Feb 19, 2014
dem wrote:
Carol's daughter!!!!!
Read
Use new remote sensor technologies that enable your parents to live on their own without being alone. These systems use unobtrusive, wireless motion sensors that are strategically placed in each part of your parent’s home. Sensors are programmed to learn your parent’s routines and transfer pertinent information to supervisors who are on the lookout for changes in your parents living patterns that might indicate a medical problem or emergency. This new sensor technology is especially helpful if you live far away from your parents and want to know they are safe and protected at all times. Remote sensors are at the heart of Selfhelp’s care management plan and are extremely affordable.
(Still have a few more minutes...)

That will be a very nice thing for her to have - might come in handy 20 years down the road.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1082853 Feb 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives ARE the Republican mainstream....
the leadership and the Chamber of Commerce types are the fringe....
how many tea party candidates lost in 2012? 12 out of 16?

sounds fringe to me.

Orlando, FL

#1082854 Feb 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Unless your mission here is to solicit responses___you should weed out the craziness before you hit post comment.
Pretty sure that interview with "60 Minutes" is archived somewhere. Probably can find it on the "60 Minutes" website - or you tube.

But denial is definitely your weakest flaw - to the point of distraction to others, hate to say.

M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1082855 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Applause! Figures he'd believe some Russian nutjob, maybe she's his wife!
Obama is already a Russian wife and will be jealous if she's more flexible.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1082857 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Flacks going to have a bird over this one!! I enjoy the Debils stories, some of them are kind of raunchy but it's all in fun
But doesn't all that fun take you away from your many productive activities that contribute to society?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1082858 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
She'll say the debil made her do it!
It wasn't the debil--that last bit was written by a woman not unlike the debil, but still. All those granny panties hitting the floor on false pretenses--maybe she really doesn't know who she is?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1082859 Feb 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>t kind of audio editing? music?, voice overs? sounds pretty cool. i am so glad that technology now allows our musicians to produce studio quality music in their homes and have left the record label leeches high and dry...
mixing for musicians, my own music, audio analysis for local, or not so local, law enforcement.

and it's all software nowadays. no mixer.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/audiomast...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1082860 Feb 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Websters:
child
noun, often attributive \&#712;ch&#299;(-& #601;)ld\
: a young person
: a son or daughter
: an adult who acts like a child : a childlike or childish person
Read an obituary sometimes: I just read one this morning about a guy who died at the age of 95. It stated he was survived by 4 children & listed them. They were all married & he had lots of grandchildren.
According to you, this guy had 4 children starting when he wass 77 years old & they all were married under the age of 18 & some had multiple babies before the age of 18.
Right? This is what you are saying.
You are just plain dumber than sh*t.
On the Ron Paul Channel, it says this " Dr. Paul and his high-school love and wife of more than 55 years, Carol, have five children, 19 grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren."
So, Rand Paul is under 18 years old?
Dumbf*ck
b-o-r-I-n-g....

pathetic OCD victim.....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1082861 Feb 19, 2014
Georgia cop fatally shoots teen boy who was holding a Wii video game controller
A family in Georgia said this week that a police officer should never have killed 17-year-old Christopher Roupe because he was only holding a video game controller, not a gun as authorities have claimed.
According to WSB-TV, Roupe had been shot to death on Friday when Euharlee officers showed up at his home to serve a probation violation warrant on his father. The officer later told state investigators that she was forced to shoot because Roupe had pointed at gun at her when he opened the door.
But Roupe’s family and witnesses who were at the scene said that the officer’s statement was just not true.
Attorney Cole Law, who is representing the family, told WSB-TV that the boy was holding a Wii video game controller because he was getting ready to watch a movie.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/19/georgia...
The officer looks like Mama June. All those little Boss Hogg burgs in Georgia have PD's, additionally there are Sheriffs and State Police. Never been to Euharlee, it's on the road to nowhere, but I've been to Rome Ga which is in that region__it's different out that way.

I wonder what the warrant was for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 16 min GEORGIA 1,810
Al Sharpton 26 min STARfukinDeleting 6
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 27 min GEORGIA 2,866
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 28 min SweLL GirL 9,224
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Hill4me 219,666
Word (Dec '08) 28 min GEORGIA 6,568
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 29 min By The Seashore 103,151

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages