Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1547902 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

HillaryVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1082863 Feb 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
She'll say the debil made her do it!
"What DIFFERENCE does it make?"
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1082864 Feb 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicare patients are seen by private doctors and private hospitals.
Single payer does not mean government owned hospitals & government employed doctors.
ObammyCare is the Gift that Keeps on Giving

On January 1, 2014, ObamaCare cut nearly $22 billion from Medicare home health care over four years. That means an estimated 3.5 million poor and ill homebound senior citizens woke up on New Year's Day to discover that ObamaCare had slashed funding for their home health care program.

Last year, Medicare home health services were delivered to approximately 3.5 million Medicare beneficiaries. According to the federal government's own data, these seniors are older, poorer and sicker than the Medicare beneficiary population as whole. Many of these seniors also reside in rural communities, where home health care is especially important because other sources of treatment are often located many miles away.

But wait, there's more: according to the Obama Administration's own statistics, "approximately 40 percent" of all providers of home health services face net losses as a result of this Medicare cut. Put more plainly, 4-in-10 of all the providers on whom homebound seniors depend face the threat of bankruptcy and closure as a result of ObamaCare. That's 5,000 home health care companies and 500,000 jobs wiped out in order to pay for ObamaCare.

Of course, this is merely one example of how ObamaCare is hurting American citizens, affecting American businesses and impacting American jobs.

ObamaCare: a destructive and costly monstrosity.
HillaryVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1082865 Feb 19, 2014
<quoted text>
She also said you weren't witty. I think you're the funniest one on here!
Carol is being tempted by the Debil; that's how it starts.
That's because you're a sick, drunk, vile, racist pervert.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1082866 Feb 19, 2014
A Republican congressional candidate in Nevada is arguing that legislation that prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity is segregation.

The candidate, Cresent Hardy, called the Employment Nondiscrimination Act, which prohibits employers from discriminating against their employees based on sexual orientation, a "segregation" law. The Employee Nondiscrimination Act has passed the Senate, but has yet to be taken up by the Republican-controlled House of Representatives. Hardy is running for Nevada's 4th Congressional District. Hardy is a member of the Nevada state assembly.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cresent...

so that means i can fire someone for not being gay?

keep up the good work Mr. Hardy.

(sometimes it's just way too easy.)

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1082867 Feb 19, 2014
Okay, people, this isn't really that hard.

Obama was questioned on the same day of the attack about the early accounts not sounding like "your normal demonstration" in an interview with "60 Minutes".

His response was it was "still under investigation" and he "didn't want to jump the gun".

He admitted it wasn't exactly like the situation in Egypt.

This portion of that interview was cut by CBS. You may not like the source, but the video is from CBS as noted on the video itself.

http://nation.foxnews.com/60-minutes/2012/11/...

In the interview, according to the latest portions, Obama would not say whether he thought the attack was terrorism. Yet he would later emphasize at a presidential debate that in the Rose Garden the same day, he had declared the attack an act of terror.

And if it WAS still under investigation and he DIDN'T want to jump the gun, why did he act like he DID know exactly what happened for weeks afterwards and DID jump the gun immediately after the interview?

Can somebody please answer these questions?

Why so many inconsistencies with this president? And was this, in fact, an attempt at a cover up?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1082869 Feb 19, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Apparently, the Justice and State departments cited a year-old FBI investigation and a future criminal prosecution to block access to survivors.
Three of those survivors supposedly testified behind closed doors last November.
It ain't over till it's over...
Later.
even i know better than to post 'supposedly'.

you evidently have no shame.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1082870 Feb 19, 2014
Obama tried to put behind him the scandals that have hung over his second term, suggesting his administration did not mislead the public on the Benghazi attack and going so far as to say the IRS targeting scandal had “not even a smidgen of corruption.”

Lois Lerner, a top Internal Revenue Service official, invoked the 5th Amendment and declined to testify Wednesday before a House committee investigating the agency’s mishandling of applications by some conservative groups for tax-exempt status.

Not even a smidgen, eh, Barry?
TSM

United States

#1082871 Feb 19, 2014
This is not surprising; it seems this president doesn’t feel it’s important enough for him to address the American People on his Fail Economic Policies, flies to Mexico, and leaves Biden to explain!!

This just Highlights what many now believes’ he’s in over his head!!

Orlando, FL

#1082872 Feb 19, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't the debil--that last bit was written by a woman not unlike the debil, but still. All those granny panties hitting the floor on false pretenses--maybe she really doesn't know who she is?
You're not as funny as my imposter.

But can you watch this clip of the "60 Minutes" interview with Obama on the day of the Benghazi attack that apparently wasn't shown on the live broadcast?

I promise the clip itself is the actual CBS interview. You just won't find it anywhere else.

http://nation.foxnews.com/60-minutes/2012/11/...

Would like your analysis of his numerous inconsistencies. If you wouldn't mind.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1082873 Feb 19, 2014
Georgia cop fatally shoots teen boy who was holding a Wii video game controller
A family in Georgia said this week that a police officer should never have killed 17-year-old Christopher Roupe because he was only holding a video game controller, not a gun as authorities have claimed.
According to WSB-TV, Roupe had been shot to death on Friday when Euharlee officers showed up at his home to serve a probation violation warrant on his father. The officer later told state investigators that she was forced to shoot because Roupe had pointed at gun at her when he opened the door.
But Roupe’s family and witnesses who were at the scene said that the officer’s statement was just not true.
Attorney Cole Law, who is representing the family, told WSB-TV that the boy was holding a Wii video game controller because he was getting ready to watch a movie.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/19/georgia...
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork)– Police are searching for four men who they said savagely beat and robbed an elderly man in his Brooklyn apartment building over the weekend.

The attack occurred just before 5 p.m. Saturday in the Van Dyke Houses in Brownsville.

Police said the four suspects, who are believed to be in their late teens, assaulted and robbed the 74-year-old victim as he got off an elevator.

“He was laying right there on the side,” neighbor Rahmeek Mack told CBS 2&#8242;s John Slattery.

Mack said that at first he didn’t even recognize the victim.

“I didn’t even realize it was him until the ambulance came and the ambulance turned him over. That’s when I realized who he was and knocked on the door. It was my neighbor,” Mack said.

The suspects took off with the victim’s wallet, which contained $150 in cash, credit cards, his driver’s license and his Social Security card, police said.

The victim is being treated at Kings County Hospital for a broken collar bone and head injuries.

Do you think the four suspects were members of the Tea Party? Staunch Conservatives? Related to police officers? Voted for Romney? Attend church? Called in sick that day?

Or wore hoodies and resemble your family members?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1082874 Feb 19, 2014
Georgia cop fatally shoots teen boy who was holding a Wii video game controller
A family in Georgia said this week that a police officer should never have killed 17-year-old Christopher Roupe because he was only holding a video game controller, not a gun as authorities have claimed.
According to WSB-TV, Roupe had been shot to death on Friday when Euharlee officers showed up at his home to serve a probation violation warrant on his father. The officer later told state investigators that she was forced to shoot because Roupe had pointed at gun at her when he opened the door.
But Roupe’s family and witnesses who were at the scene said that the officer’s statement was just not true.
Attorney Cole Law, who is representing the family, told WSB-TV that the boy was holding a Wii video game controller because he was getting ready to watch a movie.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/19/georgia...
police are protected by unions and are rarely held responsible for their actions.....

but you Commies think only police should have guns.....

on a separate note, relaxation of physical standards for police to allow more women results in weaklings who have no alternative to using their guns when faced with any resistance....
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1082875 Feb 19, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Flashback to 2008......
NOT SURPRIZED THE LURKIN OBAMABOT BACK TO BORE YOU TO DEATH WITH OLD CRAAAAAAAP NO ONE CARES ABOUT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are with actual proof of what a psychotic POS you are. The more things change the more they stay the same, hm STALKER. Same azzhole different ids. There's plenty more where these came from as well as your Billy Cartah responses in other peoples posts.
Sounds Paranoid To Me wrote:
<quoted text> So NOT SURPRIZED, you were trolling the internet looking for her out of concern? Forgive me, I misunderstood. Is that why all your posts on that particular subject were removed? And then some? What you are doing is called backpedaling. Do it till your hearts content. Doesn't change it. It's called stalking and you were doing it. Twenty some odd posts aren't removed because they are posts or concern.
NOT SURPRIZED wrote:
<quoted text> Your intentions seem admirable but it's odd that you seem to be the only one that trolled the internet looking and trying to find information about who she is. And then posted it for all to see. Was that one of your alter egos that did that ? Temporary lapse of reason? So much for concern. And dignity.
NOT SURPRIZED wrote:
<quoted text> Tell it to Topix Moderators as they are the ones who removed your posts not I. Seems they know not how to think as well.
NOT SURPRIZED wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't just some posts that were removed. It was the whole shebang - the entire NOT SURPRIZED persona. Along with a bonus? Seems Mr. Wormer has left the room as well.
Let's see. Naive? Yep. Better than spending time stalking, harassing, denigrating, and not having a single point of view other than hate.
I would bet that jaundiced eyeballs are now fully focused on his remaining self.
NOT SURPRIZED wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop being obsessed Kathy. I found you dumpy and stupid. I really have no interest in conversing with you. Sorry, but I'm not really interested in you.
NOT SURPRIZED wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie - if that was you showing no interest then what do you do when you're interested? Most of those deleted posts were directed at me (which I couldn't understand because I'm not all that important).
Have you left yet?
NOT SURPRIZED wrote:
<quoted text> Obviously a disturbed individual. He's been at this stalking business over a week now. Can't imagine what his agenda is. Changing his name,,frenzied post judging, judging his own posts and stalking women posters on this forum. Not good. How many times has he said he was leaving now? Just can't tear himself away. Compulsive stalker . Claims to be a history buff!!!
Not Surprized! LOL

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1082876 Feb 19, 2014
“I have not done anything wrong. I have not broken any laws,” Lerner said.“I have not violated any IRS rules or regulations, and I have not provided any false information to this or any other congressional committee.”- Lois Lerner

But...

“I will not answer any questions or testify about the subject matter of this committee’s meeting,” she responded.

Just reeks of innocence, doesn't she?

Orlando, FL

#1082877 Feb 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
even i know better than to post 'supposedly'.
you evidently have no shame.
The only reports I found from all the liberal news sources - and the other one - from last November stated the testimonies behind closed doors were planned sometime during the month of November.

But when I have some more time, I'll do some more research for you and see if I can find if and when it actually happened.

You probably don't want to know, so I'll be glad to look it up for you.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1082878 Feb 19, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't the debil--that last bit was written by a woman not unlike the debil, but still. All those granny panties hitting the floor on false pretenses--maybe she really doesn't know who she is?
In her culture, parents are usually known. In your culture grannies are typically in their 30s.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1082880 Feb 19, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
As lily would slur, I'm a "fuggin nutjob".
Not Surprized! LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1082881 Feb 19, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
how many tea party candidates lost in 2012? 12 out of 16?
sounds fringe to me.
2012 is history....

radical DemoKKKrats who screwed the middle class with ObamaKKKare will be the big losers in 2014......

as the disaster continues to unfold.....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1082882 Feb 19, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
Obama tried to put behind him the scandals that have hung over his second term, suggesting his administration did not mislead the public on the Benghazi attack and going so far as to say the IRS targeting scandal had “not even a smidgen of corruption.”
Lois Lerner, a top Internal Revenue Service official, invoked the 5th Amendment and declined to testify Wednesday before a House committee investigating the agency’s mishandling of applications by some conservative groups for tax-exempt status.
Not even a smidgen, eh, Barry?
Lois Lame Jr?

Sure smells like it's from the same dung pile.

Orlando, FL

#1082883 Feb 19, 2014
Okay. How about USA Today?

Transcript of cut portion of Obama's interview about Benghazi on "60 Minutes".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012...

C'mon you people on the left. Slap yourself real hard across the face and snap out of it!

CBS - the media - contributes to a cover up? And not even a blink of the eye from you all?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1082884 Feb 19, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
“I have not done anything wrong. I have not broken any laws,” Lerner said.“I have not violated any IRS rules or regulations, and I have not provided any false information to this or any other congressional committee.”- Lois Lerner
But...
“I will not answer any questions or testify about the subject matter of this committee’s meeting,” she responded.
Just reeks of innocence, doesn't she?
so, Lerner testified and THEN invoked the Fifth Amendment....

and may have already committed perjury.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Patriot AKA Bozo 63,845
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Chocolate Batman 241,541
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,834
Time to Fire Trump and Mulvaney 8 hr Joey 2
The Official Vanessa Hudgens Chat Room (Aug '07) 9 hr King 3,792
Chicago is a great city. 14 hr De Bow 9
Illinois is in critical financial crisis. 22 hr Hank Johnson 6

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages