Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1081324 Feb 17, 2014
"what kind of fool ties a knot around his own neck?"

President Barack Obama.
The kind of fool woodtick says he is.

I believe he is on the twelfth loop of it. LOL

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1081325 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
That information came from a book jacket.......whether his literary agent wrote it or Obama wrote it remains to be seen.....
"‘He was also the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He was born in Kenya to an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister and was raised in Indonesia, Hawaii, and Chicago. His first book, Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, has been a long time New York Times bestseller."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21466...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
The information came from the Harvard Law Review in the first issue Obama published as Editor Obama stated in his own biography he was "born in Kenya".

So, back to the question:

Did Obama lie when he claimed to be born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1081327 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, so mdbuilder could not have received his draft lottery number in 1968, as he clearly stated...
I'm certain he was referring to his draft notice, which would have been feasible as men were being drafted before 1969. He then said he enlisted in 1968. In my opinion, you should thank him for his service and move on.....

I tore the place up looking for my card. Buried too deep I guess. It's all academic anyway. I enlisted 10/21/68, 46 years ago. Take it or leave it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1081328 Feb 17, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>He lied many times to the whole nation.
liar
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1081329 Feb 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The information came from the Harvard Law Review in the first issue Obama published as Editor Obama stated in his own biography he was "born in Kenya".
Did Obama lie when he claimed to be born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?
You're a liar

Location hidden

#1081331 Feb 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, it remains to be seen. I was just pointing out from where that information surfaced. Frankly, I am amazed that we are still talking about this. We won't find out anything until after he leaves office...then pandora's box will be opened and all secrets will be revealed
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1081332 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>can't even remember the last time i wore a tie...
what kind of fool ties a knot around his own neck?
Millions of men do it every day

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1081333 Feb 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Michael Dunn Trial: White Fear Matters More Than Black Lives
A Florida jury failed to convict yet another man for killing an unarmed black teenager. By their logic, Michael Dunn should have kept shooting and never asked questions.
Let's say you wanted to kill a black teenager. The reason doesn't matter. Maybe they looked too suspicious while walking home, or maybe they just wouldn't obey when you gave them a command. The goal, however, is to make the kill without getting convicted.
Well, if there's anything to take away from the trial of Michael Dunn, it's that—in the state of Florida—this is possible. You just need to be more thorough than Dunn could manage in his initial rage, when he killed Davis for being a "thug" who wouldn't bend to his will.
First, let's look at the trial. Yes, assuming a tough judge, the 47-year-old Dunn will go to prison for the rest of his life. But he won't be going to prison for Davis's death. On the charge of first degree murder in the killing of the unarmed teenager, the jury couldn't come to a decision. Indeed, if Dunn is facing a jail cell at all, it's because the jury found him guilty of attempted murder in the case of Davis' friends—after killing Davis, Dunn fired more shots into the vehicle. The jury has held him for shooting at three teenagers, but not for killing the fourth.
With that said, there's another way to look at this. If Dunn had killed Davis and his friends—or if he had killed Davis without shooting afterwards—then, by to the logic of the jury, he would have escaped punishment altogether. Which provides a guide, of sorts, for future killers, racist or otherwise. Claim fear, kill your target, and either do so away from people, or be sure to kill any witnesses. As long as you can portray the witnesses as also threatening, it seems like you could avoid jail time.
Which, you know, is insane, both in what it says about Florida's “Stand Your Ground” law—your best bet for getting away with murder is to shoot first and kill everyone—and what it says about the value of black lives vis-à-vis the state's legal system. According to the criminal justice system of Florida, you are right to fear African-American men, and if you decide to act on that fear with violence, then you stand a good chance of avoiding conviction, on account of a jury that—more likely than not—will sympathize with your fear.
The facts back this up. In states with “Stand Your Ground,” homicides with a white perpetrator and a black victim are most likely to be ruled "justifiable." By contrast, it is least likely—by a factor of ten—for black on white homicides to receive the same designation.
In fairness to Florida, it's not as if this—white fear as an adjudicating factor for black life—is a new thing. It's the force behind the lynching epidemic of the early 20th century, the racial terrorism of the 1920s, and the economic assaults—riots and redlining—of the post-war period. And for all of the real problems of the current moment, there was a belief that we had put that behind us. Which is one reason why this case is so jarring. No,“Stand Your Ground” isn't as egregious as the worst of Jim Crow, but there's no denying that it harkens to a time when you could shoot first and never ask questions, as long as the victim was a black person.
I think I speak for many black people when I say that's terrifying.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02...
Black faces in Black and Blue clothing are considered terrorists in Chicago--they need to start treating them as such. You never lived in an area with bangers have you? Black faces wear their colors and tattoos proudly.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1081334 Feb 17, 2014
DBWaiter wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, man, I was riding around with my black motorcycle buddies the other day and we stopped to take a leak. I use a stall, urinals are too public and in the stall it said, "For a good time, call the Flack residence," and then a crude drawing of what appeared to be a girl with her dress pulled up over her head. What did that mean?
She didn't want to look at him

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1081335 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certain he was referring to his draft notice, which would have been feasible as men were being drafted before 1969. He then said he enlisted in 1968. In my opinion, you should thank him for his service and move on.....
I tore the place up looking for my card. Buried too deep I guess. It's all academic anyway. I enlisted 10/21/68, 46 years ago. Take it or leave it.
you don't understand what he said. he said he got a low draft number so he enlisted in 68....
the very first draft numbers were drawn in december, 1969.

he could not have gotten a low draft number in 1968. he could not have gotten any draft number in 1968.

if he lied about this, why would you believe he even served at all?

Location hidden

#1081336 Feb 17, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't tell that fact to some of the know-it-alls here like WoodTick57, RealDave, etc.
They just do a Google search and that makes them an authority.
Funny how the internet has made a genius of people.
If these liberals don't find it doing a Google Search, someone who says what they experienced something is a liar to them.
I've known mdbuilder for years on Topix......he's not a liar nor someone who would perpetuate any type of stolen valor fairy tale.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1081338 Feb 17, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
liar
So you are saying I am a liar for saying that Obama lied to the whole nation many times?
"If you like your health plan, you can keep it"
I believe you don't know right from wrong.

St. Croix valley

#1081339 Feb 17, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of men do it every day
quite silly, isn't it? do you know the tie is just a modern bib?

time to end this silly form of dress. but most people are sheep like in the way they conform to what everyone else does...

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1081340 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Always a day late and a dollar short, Gynger. MD wasn't referring to his draft card and essentially screwed the pooch in trying to grab "service." Funny you should come in right now...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1081341 Feb 17, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Family structure.
Of all the factors most predictive of economic mobility in America, one factor clearly stands out in their study: family structure. By their reckoning, when it comes to mobility,“the strongest and most robust predictor is the fraction of children with single parents.” They find that children raised in communities with high percentages of single mothers are significantly less likely to experience absolute and relative mobility. Moreover,“[c]hildren of married parents also have higher rates of upward mobility if they live in communities with fewer single parents.” In other words [] it looks like a married village is more likely to raise the economic prospects of a poor child.
http://acculturated.com/daily-scene/new-harva...
But very few address the real problem. Progressive liberals seem to think it's somebody else's fault too many young women have more children they can't afford.

Addressing the real problem might give some credibility to the other side as well which could change the present mentality of the country - victimization is good, big government is good, dependency is good, control is good.

As long as there's a rift and someone else can be blamed, progressive liberals will manipulate it for selfish political aspirations and, by doing so, bring down the country to where they think it ought to be...leaning more towards communism rather than liberty.

Oppression, manipulation and mind control through repeating lies and bullying are all communist tactics.

St. Croix valley

#1081342 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known mdbuilder for years on Topix......he's not a liar nor someone who would perpetuate any type of stolen valor fairy tale.
yhe clearly lied about that, didn't he?

i have caught him out in many lies..seems you don't know him as well as you think.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1081343 Feb 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.

The info was in a publication from Obama's publicist listing the various authors they represented. Obama's bio was not written by Obama.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1081344 Feb 17, 2014
Oh, this is rich!!

In_Cold_Blood wrote:

<quoted text>
A young black man thinks it's hilarious to smash the head of an old lady and knock her out.
Another shoots a man in front of his wife just to steal their car.
Another rapes a young girl living in his neighborhood while a small child is fatally shot in the crossfire of a gang shootout.
These often fatherless school dropouts frequently land in jail because they do not live in a culture that provides them with the guidance they need to make positive life choices. The culprit, we are told, is racism: that whites oppress blacks, preventing them from accessing opportunities that will allow them to rise above their circumstances. Yet, black Americans are successful at the highest levels of government, education, the military, pop culture, and the professions.
Rather than rage against whitey, black communities need to be strengthened from within and accept that young black men end up in prison for the crimes they commit -- usually in their own communities -- not because of the color of their skin.
If only more people were saying this, maybe the message would get through.

Loislane responded:

Real hope and encouragement is long overdue.

School choice and a decent education would be the first indication of real hope
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1081346 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>quite silly, isn't it? do you know the tie is just a modern bib?
time to end this silly form of dress. but most people are sheep like in the way they conform to what everyone else does...
I love ties! My husband wears a suit and tie everyday and I always think he looks so handsome.
On the contrary, I love to see people dressing up, they still do in big cities, but I think we have become so casual in this country that people go to fine restaurants in shorts and flip flops.(we see that a lot in Florida) Call me old fashioned but I think there is something to be said for dressing well.
Women in dresses and heels,, men in suits.!!

Location hidden

#1081347 Feb 17, 2014
DBWaiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, looky here! The gang is nearly all together again for the first time in ages! How are you, honey? Did we leave things between us on a high note or a low one because I don't recall? Nonetheless, I will always think of you kindly.('kindly' is not a word I'd normally settle on but I'm tip-toeing around you til I get my bearings....)
I can only assume with whom I am conversing since you seem to have a myriad of, what do they call it on Topix, "sock puppets"? Stealing people's avatars for fun are we? LOL Let's not go back to where we left off. I thought I would stop by and dip my proverbial "toe in the waters"....since this seems to be where the gang settled in. I see that you "elites" on the East Coast have been hammered by ice, sleet and snow while we surf bums here on the West Coast bake in sunshine without an ounce of water to quench our thirst! So, I keep my mother's mink on ice and drink champagne!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min WelbyMD 181,760
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min JOEL 71,004
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 19 min giantnig 8
It's the Gangs and Not the Police as Chicago's ... 1 hr joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,176
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Grau 68,881
Marcus Bachmann acts like a sissy 6 hr LOL 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News