Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1080691 Feb 16, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>I was wondering how much complete bull shit a progressive tool could post on Topix. Now I know. Don't you have anything better to do than posting fabricated opinion pieces? Isn't there a pre-teen boy that you could fixate on, or something?
yet you obviously couldn't even attempt to counter any of the facts in his post, why is that?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1080692 Feb 16, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile the pro abortion movement is becoming more and more fringe despite widespread state sponsored propaganda and tax funded support.
And it is now legal to have concealed guns in all of California, so the anti-gun idiots only have Chicago and some of New York left(which you continue to lose ground on).
Conservatives are winning on the issues that really matter, and gay marriage could easily shift back the other way once social justice warriors can't use it as a battering ram issue for the left.
The culture war is over, and conservatives lost

It's time we conservatives accepted an alarming truth: Americans no longer agree with us

In recent months, it has been especially depressing to be a conservative. In the past, one could more easily endure the ranting of liberal commentators by taking solace that — outside of New York City and Washington, D.C.— most of the country was center-right. Thus, whenever an elite liberal commentator said something fringy, one could always console himself by saying (or at least thinking): "I hope you push that idea, because you'll keep losing elections in real America."

Today, conservatives have made a shocking discovery: They are the ones in danger of appearing out of touch with middle America.

http://theweek.com/article/index/238329/the-c...

conservatives might win a few battles, but they won't win the war.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1080693 Feb 16, 2014
Why conservatives are losing, and may deserve to lose, the culture war

If conservatives want to know why they’re losing the culture war, and why the so-called gay rights movement is effecting a political, social and legal revolution in America — on marriage, adoption, military service and a host of other issues — look no further than Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas).

Graham is quoted in Saturday’s Washington Post about “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” and, amazingly, says this:

The policy is a major change. There’s all kinds of evidence that some people can accommodate change; other people feel like they can’t accommodate the change.

In other words, the problem with openly gay service isn’t the gay activists who want to enforce public acceptance of open homosexuality; it’s religious and cultural traditionalists who are having difficulty “accommodat[ing] change”!

With political friends like this, who needs enemies?! In this, as in many other areas, Graham votes right while talking and winking left. He buys into many of the Left’s political and cultural presuppositions.

Unfortunately, Graham is not alone. In fact, the same thing could be said, unfortunately, about many conservatives: They become pathetically inarticulate and tongue-tied — and, therefore, de facto left-libertarians — on social and cultural issues. And I include here most conservative journalists.

Given this sad trajectory, it is only a matter of time before “gay marriage” becomes the social and legal norm in all of America, and “Heather Has Two Mommies” a noncontroversial cultural touchstone.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/12/20/why-conserv...

St. Croix valley

#1080694 Feb 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Why conservatives are losing, and may deserve to lose, the culture war
If conservatives want to know why they’re losing the culture war, and why the so-called gay rights movement is effecting a political, social and legal revolution in America — on marriage, adoption, military service and a host of other issues — look no further than Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas).
Graham is quoted in Saturday’s Washington Post about “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” and, amazingly, says this:
The policy is a major change. There’s all kinds of evidence that some people can accommodate change; other people feel like they can’t accommodate the change.
In other words, the problem with openly gay service isn’t the gay activists who want to enforce public acceptance of open homosexuality; it’s religious and cultural traditionalists who are having difficulty “accommodat[ing] change”!
With political friends like this, who needs enemies?! In this, as in many other areas, Graham votes right while talking and winking left. He buys into many of the Left’s political and cultural presuppositions.
Unfortunately, Graham is not alone. In fact, the same thing could be said, unfortunately, about many conservatives: They become pathetically inarticulate and tongue-tied — and, therefore, de facto left-libertarians — on social and cultural issues. And I include here most conservative journalists.
Given this sad trajectory, it is only a matter of time before “gay marriage” becomes the social and legal norm in all of America, and “Heather Has Two Mommies” a noncontroversial cultural touchstone.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/12/20/why-conserv...
it makes me sad that the far right has annexed the term 'conservative'. no real conservative would back such platforms as antithetical to our founding goals as these far right freaks do...

what is a true conservative in the US to do?

St. Croix valley

#1080695 Feb 16, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile the pro abortion movement is becoming more and more fringe despite widespread state sponsored propaganda and tax funded support.
And it is now legal to have concealed guns in all of California, so the anti-gun idiots only have Chicago and some of New York left(which you continue to lose ground on).
Conservatives are winning on the issues that really matter, and gay marriage could easily shift back the other way once social justice warriors can't use it as a battering ram issue for the left.
wow! you are really out of touch with the real world, aren't you?
Liberals R Defective

Seattle, WA

#1080696 Feb 16, 2014
Come to think of it I've got a few teenaged boys down in the basement I'll sell you progressive retards. One of them is so fresh he's still got dew on him.
Liberals R Defective

Seattle, WA

#1080697 Feb 16, 2014
I think I agree with Ted Cruz when he says that preteen boys are more fun physically, but the truth is I still like the fact that the older boys and I have something to talk about when we're together.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1080698 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>any reason you couldn't answer the bullshit you stated before and had to change topics? i made no analogy at all. you don't even seem to understand what you read...
run away, feltcher, run away from your won words...
what a coward.
let's discuss your precious propaganda of Portugal-you see it as a success. Look at the White House site that keeps tracks of the deaths in Portugal since the drug laws changed-more deaths from drugs and less arrests--of course you can't arrest dead people. In Portugal the dead are not allowed to vote for democrats-like they can in urban controlled democrat areas in the United States. Only liberals consider death a successful program.
Old Blue Eyes

New York, NY

#1080699 Feb 16, 2014
JOHN GOTTI wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes me hard as a preacher''s whatsis when you go all biblical baby!
Johnny, baby, sorry I missed youse. Meet me down where Jimmy Ryan's used to be an we can peruse Hell's Kitchen together.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1080701 Feb 16, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Sure let's talk about him--what was the former Governor of Virginia convicted of?
Give it time.

But I see you have no problem defending the white guy. Just like I knew you would.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1080702 Feb 16, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>let's discuss your precious propaganda of Portugal-you see it as a success. Look at the White House site that keeps tracks of the deaths in Portugal since the drug laws changed-more deaths from drugs and less arrests--of course you can't arrest dead people. In Portugal the dead are not allowed to vote for democrats-like they can in urban controlled democrat areas in the United States. Only liberals consider death a successful program.
Portugal's drug policy pays off; US eyes lessons

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/26/portu...
Spoiler Alert

Vancouver, Canada

#1080703 Feb 16, 2014
Note to Musk Oxen: be afraid, be VERY afraid.

“MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN”

Since: Feb 14

O'bamaland, Destroying, USA

#1080704 Feb 16, 2014
And what about Bengazi? Doesn't anybody care an.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz....

St. Croix valley

#1080705 Feb 16, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>let's discuss your precious propaganda of Portugal-you see it as a success. Look at the White House site that keeps tracks of the deaths in Portugal since the drug laws changed-more deaths from drugs and less arrests--of course you can't arrest dead people. In Portugal the dead are not allowed to vote for democrats-like they can in urban controlled democrat areas in the United States. Only liberals consider death a successful program.
try this page of links seems many think it did work.

http://lmgtfy.com/...

and i thought you were for less gov't interference in our lives? i sure am, but then i am a real conservative. and this cut gov' costs dramatically.

#1080708 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>try this page of links seems many think it did work.
http://lmgtfy.com/...
and i thought you were for less gov't interference in our lives? i sure am, but then i am a real conservative. and this cut gov' costs dramatically.
If you're a "real" conservative I'd hate to see what the fake ones look like, or are you simply saying you like girls with small breasts?

#1080709 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it makes me sad that the far right has annexed the term 'conservative'. no real conservative would back such platforms as antithetical to our founding goals as these far right freaks do...
what is a true conservative in the US to do?
Kill herself?

#1080710 Feb 16, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
I forgot what I was saying? Does anybody know how I got to Portugal?

St. Croix valley

#1080711 Feb 16, 2014
fletch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're a "real" conservative I'd hate to see what the fake ones look like, or are you simply saying you like girls with small breasts?
your perversion has no place here...

why did you bring your pedophile fantasies into this?! you area sick person in need of serious mental and law enforcement help...

St. Croix valley

#1080712 Feb 16, 2014
fletch almighty wrote:
And what about Bengazi? Doesn't anybody care an.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz....
no we know what happened. we are sick of you grave dancers...

St. Croix valley

#1080713 Feb 16, 2014
Axe-Me-Anything wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who died in Benghazi didn't fit into Holder's framework of Americans who "deserve" justice.
Why can't we just let it go and start talking about what a riotous success Obamacare is?
Damn, the media just WILL NOT give this administration a break. They're racists, obviously.
please replace the flowers when you are done dancing on the graves of those that dies serving you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min LRS 178,102
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min OzRitz 46,741
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min KiMerde 49,882
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 39 min Zap Brannigan 98,238
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 42 min JOEL 69,402
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr James 68,514
Amy 9-20 3 hr Kuuipo 6
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search