Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406216 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1081588 Feb 17, 2014
lol! Isn't it amazing how self serving these reich wing politicians are?

No... no... not really....

"Candidate reaps benefits of super PAC he founded
Associated Press
By MATT VOLZ February 16, 2014 12:43 PM

HELENA, Mont.(AP)— A U.S. House candidate in Montana is benefiting from a political action committee he created, leading at least one opponent and some experts to question the legality of the peculiar arrangement.

Ryan Zinke, a former Navy SEAL who is seeking the Republican nomination for Montana's lone congressional seat, created the Special Operations for America (SOFA) super PAC to back Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign. The committee now backs candidates who support the military — and their first candidate is Zinke, a 52-year-old former state senator.

Since October, when Zinke announced his candidacy, SOFA PAC has spent more than $70,000 on television, radio and Internet advertising in support of his campaign.

Zinke resigned from SOFA PAC in September. He said he had an attorney review the transition in the PAC's leadership to ensure there was no conflict of interest or violation of any Federal Election Commission rules on campaign coordination. He also said he appreciates the PAC's support but that it was not his decision.

"I resigned weeks before we announced," Zinke told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "I wanted to make sure everything was aboveboard and squeaky clean."

Zinke's campaign has raised more money than any other in a crowded field for the Republican nomination that includes state Sen. Matt Rosendale, Rep. Elsie Arntzen, former state Sen. Corey Stapleton and conservative Drew Turiano.

Most declined to be interviewed about Zinke and SOFA PAC. Stapleton said how the PAC operates is not his call — "I'm not going to be the guy trying to call fouls," he said — but that the appearance of a conflict is there.

"It's not supposed to happen that way. You've not supposed to have a super PAC raise money for themselves then hand it over with a wink and a nod and be able to use it as a source of revenue," Stapleton said.

Paul Ryan, chief counsel for the Washington D.C.-based Campaign Legal Center, said it is uncharted territory for a person to hand over control of a PAC to run for office. He speculated it could open the door for others to create super PACS to rake in contributions from individuals and businesses, then announce their own candidacies...."
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1081589 Feb 17, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, honey, you're projecting again. This is how I have fun. As I told you, very little of what I write has no purpose. It's how I manipulate you...
The only thing you manipulate is your own Johnson.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1081590 Feb 17, 2014
NY GOPer: Delay My Corruption Trial Because It Could Hurt Republicans

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ny-gop-...

how much worse can it get?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1081591 Feb 17, 2014
DBWaiter wrote:
The flaw in your thinking is the premise that "it's" all about
"amassing wealth." It isn't. Your premise is hopelessly flawed. The ultimate proof of this is that you can't take it with you. Not one goddam solitary dime. You are going to die in time and stay buried until some future entrepreneur decides to dig you up and move you to make room for a McDonalds, and so will everyone else. Notice your life. Don't try and do that by comparing your experiences or possessions to someone else's for goodness sakes, there's no comparison. I don't care what you own, who you think you are, the age at which you stopped amassing wealth, I care about my friends, Leo, Rachel, Janet, Kathy, Amy, Caroline, Helle, Dot.. where was I? Oh yeah, get with the program, clown.
The flaw in your logic is you think amassing wealth should be the norm. The reality is, a certain percentage of people will amass wealth, and the majority of the people will not. Wealth has never been, is not now, and will never be evenly distributed. That is an impossibility. Since there will always certainly be people who amass wealth, let's review the fact:

Before capitalism the only way to amass wealth was to plunder and/or acquire territory and enslave the people. Capitalism made it possible to amass wealth by serving people.

I will add your argument is more evidence of jealosy and hatred than of enabling an adequate living standard for people who work for a living. Regardless of how much you are able to accumulate, there will always be someone with more. This is true for everyone on the entire planet except one single, solitary individual.
Grow up.

Now, did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began saying in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1081592 Feb 17, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
He keeps posting that insane statement about Obama being born in Kenya over and over again. I think he does it just because he enjoys "poking the bear" to stir things up. He may be ignorant but I don't think he is stupid.
I think he is that stupid... just as bad as fetchie.

He's only looking for one answer and one answer only. Anything else (real, factual or otherwise) doesn't count.

I think this is why when he's cornered, he dumps and runs for a day or two, then returns with the same garbage nearly word for word.

He's more robot than human!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1081593 Feb 17, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true liberal liar who claims to be a "conservative"!
Aren't facts fun, Hyime?
lol! Spoke like the true ruskie that you are!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1081594 Feb 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama first claimed to the world he was born in Kenya when he first became Editor of the Harvard Law Review, moron. Before that, he only claimed to have been born in Kenya in his applications to Occidental College and to Harvard. I doubt there was even an application from him to attend Columbia because he was a poor student at Occidental.
So, did Obama lie when he claimed to have been born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?
Not a word of truth. Just Republican inner-circle chatter.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1081595 Feb 17, 2014
I ain't even warmed up yet, sister.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1081596 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do you have any facts that would support that obama was born in kenya? any at all?
Obama claimed to have been born in Kenya his entire life until 2007. So...

Did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to say in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1081597 Feb 17, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you write him a letter and ask him yourself? Obviously you have been typing the same stupid question on here for 5 years with no results to your satisfaction; so give up.
No one cares.
You don't care wheter the President of the United States is a pathological lying fraud? I'm thinking you've called Bush a liar more times than can be counted. You're either another lying fraud, or you have an opinion on the President being a lying fraud.
Answer the question:

Did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?
USAprior2008

Satellite Beach, FL

#1081598 Feb 17, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a word of truth. Just Republican inner-circle chatter.
"Not a word of truth."? Did you say, "Not a word of truth."?... LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1081599 Feb 17, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing you manipulate is your own Johnson.
lol! So in russian, someone else manipulates yours?

wow.....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1081600 Feb 17, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're such an idiot son.
Your source there is another source!
The original source is the Harvard Law Review, and Obama was the Editor, who is responsible for every word published.

You're an idiot. Read the biography Obama, himself, published in the Harvard Law Review.

Answer the question.

Did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1081601 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>really? what percent o f people get drug tested for their jobs?
just making shit up as you go again, huh/ you'd think you'd have learned by now that that just ends up with you looking like a fool...
Everyone in the company I work for.(That would be one of the 10 largest oil companies in the world.) Everyone who works in a chemical plant, refinery, power plant, drives a truck, etc., etc., etc.

You really don't have a clue, do you?
The Debil Is Trash

East Amherst, NY

#1081602 Feb 17, 2014
So true ...
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a word of truth. Just debil's inner-circle chatter.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1081603 Feb 17, 2014
I'm cooking some enchiladas! I don't know why Mexican food makes me so happy?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1081604 Feb 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The original source is the Harvard Law Review, and Obama was the Editor, who is responsible for every word published.
You're an idiot. Read the biography Obama, himself, published in the Harvard Law Review.
Answer the question.
lol! How many times do I need to tell you son?

Obama was born in Hawaii!!!

You really are deaf, dumb and blind aren't you?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1081605 Feb 17, 2014
Yeah wrote:
lol! The reich wing way is the ruskie way!!!!
"Gay-rights activist detained at Olympic Park
Email this Story
Feb 17, 12:39 PM (ET)
By NATALIYA VASILYEVA
SOCHI, Russia (AP)- An Italian gay-rights activist has been detained by Russian police as she entered Shayba Arena at the Olympic Park to watch a hockey game.
Vladimir Luxuria, a former Communist lawmaker in the Italian parliament who has become a prominent transgender rights crusader and television personality, was led away by four men while shouting "I have a ticket."
A few minutes later she was put in a car and driven away.
She had been walking around the Olympic Park for about two hours in a rainbow-colored outfit and a huge headdress. She had been shouting "Gay is OK" in English and Russian.
Luxuria earlier said she was detained on Sunday evening by police who told her she should not wear clothes with slogans supporting gay rights. Police denied detaining her."
They were taking her to a scissor party.
The Debil Is Trash

East Amherst, NY

#1081606 Feb 17, 2014
Then you better rev up that Super-Max, sista' sludge.

Or go to the Morgue!

At least you'll be gettin' something stiff ...!!!!
The Debil wrote:
I ain't even warmed up yet, sister.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1081607 Feb 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't care wheter the President of the United States is a pathological lying fraud? I'm thinking you've called Bush a liar more times than can be counted. You're either another lying fraud, or you have an opinion on the President being a lying fraud.
Answer the question:
lol! It seems you're a pathological lying fraud son!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's happening to Berwyn? (Jun '06) 6 min You forgot 558
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 59 min Go Blue Forever 103,170
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,845
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 219,776
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Into The Night 60,670
Cure For Prescription Drug Addiction ! 6 hr Not True 2
Frank Underwood Here: I Could Sure Use Some Hel... 8 hr Claire Underwood 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages