Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534506 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEBIL

Dallas, TX

#1081796 Feb 17, 2014
(DEBIL TRACE A RANDOM COURSE ACROSS THE TABLETOP WITH ONE BIG BROWN FINGER...) IT GON' BE A LOOOOOOG NIGHT. YOU BES' GET COMFORTABLE...
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1081797 Feb 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. We can begin the discussion.
Did Obama lie when he claimed to have been born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
What does the DHS need with 140 thousand rounds of sniper ammunition?
You are such an ignorant and gullible excuse for a human. His autobiography was oublished in 1995, MORON!! Dreams of My Father clearly states he was born in Hawaii. Case closed, dooooofus.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1081798 Feb 17, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>SHUT THE HELL UP AND ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!
"So, did Obama lie when he claimed to have been born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?"
Birthers destroying the GOP at their own expanse.

Justice prevails
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1081799 Feb 17, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Carol's life-changing venture update:
Signed contract this afternoon. Appraisal and inspections next 10 to 15 days.
Waiting game begins. But a lot closer to being a homeowner again.
Best wishes on " the money pit" ;-)

Hope all turns out well but get your own roof inspection!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1081800 Feb 17, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"leosampleanus"
Did the boy president nobama lie when he said;
- If you like your doctor you can keep him/her. Period.
- If you like your health insurance you can keep it. Period
- One of the first things I will do when elected president is close Gitmo
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
can you name on president that didn't lie?

St. Croix valley

#1081801 Feb 17, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>SHUT THE HELL UP AND ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!
"So, did Obama lie when he claimed to have been born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?"
you already got your answer. he was born in hawaii. if there was a lie about it, it was the lie about being born in Kenya.

is this some big deal to you?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1081802 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text> Nice post USA. How are you? How is hubby doing?
Hi Gynger! Haven't seen you around in awhile. My husband is doing great. Modern medicine is amazing. They say the Future of Medicine is now and I believe them. Do you see the article about surgeons at Boston Children's Hospital developing a way to help children born with half a heart to essentially grow a whole one—by using the body's natural capacity to heal and develop? It's absolutely mind-boggling. Good to hear from you....even if we are, most often, on the opposite side of the issues.
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1081803 Feb 17, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Maybe I should come back later.
Or not at all...as you have threatened numerous times under numerous names.
Why on Earth would you want a mortgage, property taxes, insurance, and maintenance costs when you are retiring?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1081806 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you already got your answer. he was born in hawaii. if there was a lie about it, it was the lie about being born in Kenya.
is this some big deal to you?
He's a liar.

St. Croix valley

#1081807 Feb 17, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>He's a liar.
what does him lying when he was in college matter to you? you lie all the time.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1081808 Feb 17, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Gynger! Haven't seen you around in awhile. My husband is doing great. Modern medicine is amazing. They say the Future of Medicine is now and I believe them. Do you see the article about surgeons at Boston Children's Hospital developing a way to help children born with half a heart to essentially grow a whole one—by using the body's natural capacity to heal and develop? It's absolutely mind-boggling. Good to hear from you....even if we are, most often, on the opposite side of the issues.
I am really glad to hear he is doing well! I think we're about 20 years behind, we'll miss a lot of the really innovative and techno medicine that is unheard of today. Hopefully, my kids and their kids will benefit from the advancement of modern medicine.....USA, I think we may have been in agreement a handlful of times.....hopefully, we will have more conversations without much of the rancor there was in the past.....:)

Location hidden

#1081809 Feb 17, 2014
Shades of Al Gore:

Secretary of State John Kerry spent his weekend discussing climate change in Indonesia:

“We should not allow a tiny minority of shoddy scientists and science and extreme ideologues to compete with scientific facts,” Kerry told the audience gathered at a U.S. Embassy-run American Center in a Jakarta shopping mall.“Nor should we allow any room for those who think that the costs associated with doing the right thing outweigh the benefits.”

This is part of a six-day Kerry trip through Seoul, South Korea; Beijing, China; Jakarta; Indonesia; Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, then back to Washington.

In case you’re wondering, flying first class from Washington to Seoul to Beijing to Jakarta to Abu Dhabi and then back to Washington runs up roughly 12.16 metric tons of carbon dioxide, according to CarbonFootprint.com , which uses data from the EPA and Department of Energy.

The average American generates about 19 tons of carbon dioxide in a year.

So in one week, just from flying from meeting to meeting, Kerry generated about two-thirds the carbon output of the average American in one year."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1081810 Feb 17, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I saw the interview__Chris Cuomo should be ashamed of himself for catering to CNN legal anaylst (who defended Zimmerman) and lobbing softball questions at George.
George's so called bff was a federal air marshal who helped George choose his handgun, taught him how to shoot and went regularly with him to the Gander Mtn range in Lake Mary to target shoot. The air marshal wrote a book about his friend George and and appeared with his (own) wife on Dr. Phil prior to the trial. Interestingly the air marshal's story came nowhere near the story that O'Mara and West presented at trial.
The Zimmerman fiasco was a legal disaster where everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong__not George's fault but Florida's fault.
If George had been booked into the Seminole County jail that first evening/early morning for any one of several charges the outcome would have come quickly and would have been different.
George's friend the air marshal was present at the Sanford PD during George's original questioning. The air marshal had once reported to the police chief who decided allow George to go home rather than book him even though the investigator thought George to be untruthful.
You can't fk up in step two before fkn up in step one.
How would any of that change the fact that the prosecution had no case???...

besides, the verdict was sealed the minute the prosecution put that stupid hoe on the stand.....

Location hidden

#1081812 Feb 17, 2014
"Obama takes hypocrisy to ludicrous levels.

After preaching shared sacrifice to assuage the California water shortage, Obama plays some of the country’s thirstiest golf courses.

President Barack Obama traveled to California Friday to highlight the state’s drought emergency at two events near Fresno, calling for shared sacrifice to help manage the state’s worst water-shortage in decades. He then spent the rest of the weekend enjoying the hospitality of some of the state’s top water hogs: desert golf courses.

Vacationing with DVDs of his favorite television shows and multiple golf outings with his buddies, the duffer-in-chief played at two of the most exclusive courses in the Palm Springs area. On Saturday, Obama played at the Sunnylands estate, built by the late billionaire Walter Annenberg, which features a nine-hole course that is played like 18 holes. The following day he golfed at billionaire Oracle founder Larry Ellison’s 19-hole Porcupine Creek. On Presidents’ Day, Obama hit the links at Sunnylands once again.

The 124 golf courses in the Coachella Valley consume roughly 17 percent of all water there, and one quarter of the water pumped out of the region’s at-risk groundwater aquifer, according to the . Statewide, roughly one percent of water goes to keep golf courses green. Each of the 124 Coachella Valleycourses, on average, uses nearly 1 million gallons a day due to the hot and dry climate, 3-4 times more water per day than the average American golf course."
The Debil Is Trash

East Amherst, NY

#1081813 Feb 17, 2014
Let me whack you with some facts:
John Gotti was respected and protected by The Aryan Brotherhood when he was in jail until he died of cancer.
The dumb bastard executed a Made Man, Paul Castellano without permission and became
( self made ) The Don of The Castellano Family ... That's the John Gotti story, you know nothing ninny.
You've been watching too many Mafia Shows.

Here's another interesting, true story. I know a paisana who whacked an intruder with a Veal Shank. Her Husband was a Butcher. The intruder croaked. She got off, self defense.
And The Husband roasted the murder weapon and fed it to his enemies.

Mook? Sicilians don't use that word. Maybe in Spike Lee's World - "Do The Right Thing".
It's TZitztuni ...

HaHaaHaaaa ... Stick with your own kind, Exceno Mutt.

And stop being such a wannabe. Only thing you share with Big Angie is .... Nothing.
They'd never let you in that Exclusive Club, you fat-so wannabe hillbilly white trash.
FAT DEBIL LOON wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey paisan, I just whacked that stoopit baccala Gotti,, The dumbbastard was only a front man, Anyways, that tubby mook will never insult our Angie again, or I'll figure out a way to make him wish he could be whacked. See you both when you get here, and don't worry about hearin' from that peanut-headed tub of guts any time soon!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1081814 Feb 17, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
Democrats know their biggest problem in this year’s midterm election is Obamacare. So top party operatives have settled on a strategy to try blunting the GOP’s advantage: Tell voters Republicans would make the problem worse — raising prescription drug prices, empowering insurance companies and even endangering domestic violence victims.
The battle plan, details of which were in a memo obtained by POLITICO, recognizes the unpopularity of the Affordable Care Act. But it also banks on voter fatigue with the GOP’s relentless demands for repeal and counts on poll-backed data that show many Americans would rather fix Obamacare’s problems than scrap it altogether.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/democra...
standing firmly behind ObamaKKKare is excellent strategy for vulnerable DemoKKKrats......
The Debil Is Trash

East Amherst, NY

#1081815 Feb 17, 2014
No Wise Guy, No Sicilian Man would touch you with your Daddy's D!ck ...

Just more Wishful Thinking - More Fantasies, eh slutskivena ....??
FAT DEBIL TRASH wrote:
Oh, I almost forgot: For anybody who's interested, Wise Guys are allowed to wear jewelry down here.--

St. Croix valley

#1081818 Feb 17, 2014
That Backfired Ehh wrote:
Why is obama doc-blocking the uninsured? Delayng the employer mandate until after the midterm elections means I can't get covered like the television ads keep telling me to.
I make too much for the subsidies, but can't afford the new premiums for individual coverage.
I'm losing my excitement over this affordable health care we all voted for.
sounds a tad bullshitty to me...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1081819 Feb 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If there isn't any corruption at the IRS, why did Sebelius have to take the 5th when she was testifying before Congress?
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
What was Joe Biden talking about when he told Mayor Bloomingidiot's group of gun grabbing mayors "“Let me say this as clearly as I can: this is just the beginning”?
Why did Eric Holder have to lie to Congress and tell them he didn't even know of the Fast and Furious program after he went to Mexico in 2009 to discuss it with the Mexican government?
Why is Shiria law being used in American courts?
http://shariahinamericancourts.com/...
(... false flag event to come so Obama can use the mountain of munitions he's stockpiling in the DHS....)
Is the Earth cooling evidence of global warming?
Why were some of the Democrat programmers so stupid they programmed the voting machines to steal 100 percent of the vote?
...I don't think I've ever used the phrase "New World Order".
1 - If there isn't any corruption at the IRS, why did Sebelius have to take the 5th when she was testifying before Congress? Because Issa was conducting a witch hunt. There were ongoing and broadening investigations being conducted by the IRS, the Office of Tax Administration and the Justice Department. For her to comment without complete knowledge of the events would have been inappropriate.

2- Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi? First of all, the attack has not been connected to Al Qaeda. Secondly, he did not lie. The FBI and CIA didn't review the closed circuit television video from the Mission facility that showed there were no protests prior to the attacks until September 18, 2012 and did not issue a report of their finding until September 20, 2012.

3 - What was Joe Biden talking about when he told Mayor Bloomingidiot's group of gun grabbing mayors "“Let me say this as clearly as I can: this is just the beginning”? What he said was “That doesn’t mean this is the end of the process. This is the beginning of the process" of gun regulation. Regulating “assault weapons” and high-capacity magazines is not the same as taking everyone's guns.

4 - Why did Eric Holder have to lie to Congress and tell them he didn't even know of the Fast and Furious program after he went to Mexico in 2009 to discuss it with the Mexican government? Holder did not lie. He went to Mexico to discuss Operation Gunrunner. Not the unknown Arizona field office "Fast and Furious" operation.

5- Why is Shiria law being used in American courts? It is not being used any differently than the religious laws of Orthodox Jews in America.

6- Is the Earth cooling evidence of global warming? For climate change, it is the long term trends that are important; measured over decades or more. Seasonal weather changes are of little significance.

7- Why were some of the Democrat programmers so stupid they programmed the voting machines to steal 100 percent of the vote? There is no truth to your claim.

8 - I don't think I've ever used the phrase "New World Order". I could certainly be wrong but I'm pretty sure I recall you claiming there are secret political gatherings involving people like George Soros in which they are plotting to achieve world domination.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1081820 Feb 17, 2014
That Backfired Ehh wrote:
Why is obama doc-blocking the uninsured? Delayng the employer mandate until after the midterm elections means I can't get covered like the television ads keep telling me to.
I make too much for the subsidies, but can't afford the new premiums for individual coverage.
I'm losing my excitement over this affordable health care

we all voted for.
"We" - You have a mouse in your pocket or a tapeworm?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min RACE 105,186
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 240,817
GOP: Kids should be financially independent soo... 2 hr Mike Rowe 4
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 2 hr Starr 22
Review: Chicago Hauntings Tours 3 hr Annie Cooney 1
News Morning Spin: Preckwinkle says she'll run for r... 3 hr Yes But 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr SweLL GirL 10,691

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages