Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1616834 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1081818 Feb 17, 2014
That Backfired Ehh wrote:
Why is obama doc-blocking the uninsured? Delayng the employer mandate until after the midterm elections means I can't get covered like the television ads keep telling me to.
I make too much for the subsidies, but can't afford the new premiums for individual coverage.
I'm losing my excitement over this affordable health care we all voted for.
sounds a tad bullshitty to me...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1081819 Feb 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If there isn't any corruption at the IRS, why did Sebelius have to take the 5th when she was testifying before Congress?
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
What was Joe Biden talking about when he told Mayor Bloomingidiot's group of gun grabbing mayors "“Let me say this as clearly as I can: this is just the beginning”?
Why did Eric Holder have to lie to Congress and tell them he didn't even know of the Fast and Furious program after he went to Mexico in 2009 to discuss it with the Mexican government?
Why is Shiria law being used in American courts?
http://shariahinamericancourts.com/...
(... false flag event to come so Obama can use the mountain of munitions he's stockpiling in the DHS....)
Is the Earth cooling evidence of global warming?
Why were some of the Democrat programmers so stupid they programmed the voting machines to steal 100 percent of the vote?
...I don't think I've ever used the phrase "New World Order".
1 - If there isn't any corruption at the IRS, why did Sebelius have to take the 5th when she was testifying before Congress? Because Issa was conducting a witch hunt. There were ongoing and broadening investigations being conducted by the IRS, the Office of Tax Administration and the Justice Department. For her to comment without complete knowledge of the events would have been inappropriate.

2- Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi? First of all, the attack has not been connected to Al Qaeda. Secondly, he did not lie. The FBI and CIA didn't review the closed circuit television video from the Mission facility that showed there were no protests prior to the attacks until September 18, 2012 and did not issue a report of their finding until September 20, 2012.

3 - What was Joe Biden talking about when he told Mayor Bloomingidiot's group of gun grabbing mayors "“Let me say this as clearly as I can: this is just the beginning”? What he said was “That doesn’t mean this is the end of the process. This is the beginning of the process" of gun regulation. Regulating “assault weapons” and high-capacity magazines is not the same as taking everyone's guns.

4 - Why did Eric Holder have to lie to Congress and tell them he didn't even know of the Fast and Furious program after he went to Mexico in 2009 to discuss it with the Mexican government? Holder did not lie. He went to Mexico to discuss Operation Gunrunner. Not the unknown Arizona field office "Fast and Furious" operation.

5- Why is Shiria law being used in American courts? It is not being used any differently than the religious laws of Orthodox Jews in America.

6- Is the Earth cooling evidence of global warming? For climate change, it is the long term trends that are important; measured over decades or more. Seasonal weather changes are of little significance.

7- Why were some of the Democrat programmers so stupid they programmed the voting machines to steal 100 percent of the vote? There is no truth to your claim.

8 - I don't think I've ever used the phrase "New World Order". I could certainly be wrong but I'm pretty sure I recall you claiming there are secret political gatherings involving people like George Soros in which they are plotting to achieve world domination.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1081820 Feb 17, 2014
That Backfired Ehh wrote:
Why is obama doc-blocking the uninsured? Delayng the employer mandate until after the midterm elections means I can't get covered like the television ads keep telling me to.
I make too much for the subsidies, but can't afford the new premiums for individual coverage.
I'm losing my excitement over this affordable health care

we all voted for.
"We" - You have a mouse in your pocket or a tapeworm?

St. Croix valley

#1081821 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
"Obama takes hypocrisy to ludicrous levels.
After preaching shared sacrifice to assuage the California water shortage, Obama plays some of the country’s thirstiest golf courses.
President Barack Obama traveled to California Friday to highlight the state’s drought emergency at two events near Fresno, calling for shared sacrifice to help manage the state’s worst water-shortage in decades. He then spent the rest of the weekend enjoying the hospitality of some of the state’s top water hogs: desert golf courses.
Vacationing with DVDs of his favorite television shows and multiple golf outings with his buddies, the duffer-in-chief played at two of the most exclusive courses in the Palm Springs area. On Saturday, Obama played at the Sunnylands estate, built by the late billionaire Walter Annenberg, which features a nine-hole course that is played like 18 holes. The following day he golfed at billionaire Oracle founder Larry Ellison’s 19-hole Porcupine Creek. On Presidents’ Day, Obama hit the links at Sunnylands once again.
The 124 golf courses in the Coachella Valley consume roughly 17 percent of all water there, and one quarter of the water pumped out of the region’s at-risk groundwater aquifer, according to the . Statewide, roughly one percent of water goes to keep golf courses green. Each of the 124 Coachella Valleycourses, on average, uses nearly 1 million gallons a day due to the hot and dry climate, 3-4 times more water per day than the average American golf course."
do you think we should outlaw those courses?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1081822 Feb 17, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How would any of that change the fact that the prosecution had no case???...
besides, the verdict was sealed the minute the prosecution put that stupid hoe on the stand.....
No, the prosecution failed to make their case. Just reading news articles you could tell they were hobbling themselves.

And then they did it again....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1081823 Feb 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the Harvard Law Review issue introducing Obama as the Editor, where in the biography Obama, himself, published, Obama tells you he "was born in Kenya".
So, did Obama lie when he claimed to have been born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?
Here is an archived article from February 6, 1990 announcing Obama's election as President of the Harvard Review:

First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review
By FOX BUTTERFIELD, Special to The New York Times
Published: February 6, 1990

The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.

''The fact that I've been elected shows a lot of progress,'' Mr. Obama said today in an interview.''It's encouraging.

''But it's important that stories like mine aren't used to say that everything is O.K. for blacks. You have to remember that for every one of me, there are hundreds or thousands of black students with at least equal talent who don't get a chance,'' he said, alluding to poverty or growing up in a drug environment."

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/06/us/first-bl...

You really need to learn to go through life with your eyes wide open instead of clinched shut.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1081826 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do you think we should outlaw those courses?
Do some research on why the farmers are so screwed in the Central Valley of CA.....it's not just drought conditions. Politics play a huge part of the problem......Government is putting the lives of a smelt before those of California farmers and their ability to continue farming.....

I live in Southern CA. It is as dry as I have ever seen it and I have lived here my entire life. Governor Moonbeam has called a drought emergency.

"We ought to be ready for a long, continued, persistent effort to restrain our water use," Brown said, adding that conservation efforts would be "voluntary."

Right now, we are voluntarily cutting back our water consumption 20%. Since Obama took the drought emergency to drill home his "climate change" agenda, he should lead by example and cut back on HIS water consumption while in the Golden State.

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan/17/local...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1081827 Feb 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>can you name on president that didn't lie?
"woodendick0000"
Way to go. You are consistent in your on going support for the by president nobama. If you could think and understand you would know the conversation about lying was referring to the boy president nobama. No other president was mentioned.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Location hidden

#1081828 Feb 17, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure Boehner can assist you in closing all golf courses.
Anything else you prefer to starve of water?
Maybe obamas kids?
Hey dem, I was wondering when I would hear from you. I'm not a particular fan of John Boehner and I don't believe he has any business sticking his nose into CA politics, economy and agricultural problems. Closing some of the superfluous golf courses would be a start. I don't see why the smelt and rich democrats should be exempt from giving their fair share.....do you?

St. Croix valley

#1081829 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some research on why the farmers are so screwed in the Central Valley of CA.....it's not just drought conditions. Politics play a huge part of the problem......Government is putting the lives of a smelt before those of California farmers and their ability to continue farming.....
I live in Southern CA. It is as dry as I have ever seen it and I have lived here my entire life. Governor Moonbeam has called a drought emergency.
"We ought to be ready for a long, continued, persistent effort to restrain our water use," Brown said, adding that conservation efforts would be "voluntary."
Right now, we are voluntarily cutting back our water consumption 20%. Since Obama took the drought emergency to drill home his "climate change" agenda, he should lead by example and cut back on HIS water consumption while in the Golden State.
http://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan/17/local...
why did you choose to live in socal? why not where the water is?

trusst me, dear, i understand water issue quite well..(intended...)

St. Croix valley

#1081831 Feb 17, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"woodendick0000"
Way to go. You are consistent in your on going support for the by president nobama. If you could think and understand you would know the conversation about lying was referring to the boy president nobama. No other president was mentioned.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
i do not support Obama, i support facts.

that is all you talk about, fool...not a hard deduction.

Location hidden

#1081833 Feb 17, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight they should only not water it when the black president golfs there?
You've lived there your entire life and have never seen it drier?
Yet you mock climate change because...????
LOL
No, I never said any of that dem. I said, they should close superfluous golf courses. Or they could cut back their watering 20% like the rest of us do. No, I have never seen it drier. I am not convince that "climate change" is man made. The earth has had many catastrophic changes in climate over its existence. Why should the earth be exempt from a naturally occuring change in climate now? The people who support a climate change agenda are people who stand to make a lot of money on a new industry that will charge human beings and their pets for their very existence on earth. Carbon credits??????? I'm sure the poor people of the world will just dig into their deep pockets to pay the piper.....or Al Gore
Enoch Plays With Dem

Los Angeles, CA

#1081834 Feb 17, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You been behaving yourself, young lady?
Why do you hate smelt and golf courses?
Don't you believe in capitalism?
Why are you against golf course owners making a living?
Soon there won't be any black people or smelts.
Problem will be solved and I'll have all golfing and water I want.

Tic Toc Tic Toc
THE BIG GUY

Buffalo, NY

#1081835 Feb 17, 2014
FAT TONY SALERNO wrote:
Oh, I almost forgot: For anybody who's interested, Wise Guys are allowed to wear jewelry down here.-- all they want -- even big necklaces that say "born to raise hell." And kiss each other (on the lips if you're gonna fake whack 'em). Don't ask me why, but the story is, it makes "The Big Red Guy with Cloven Feet" laugh. I guess you never heard His Satanic Majesty laugh? He sounds just like Angie after she tells one of her stories about slappin' around one of her rivals. He's got big ferocious teeth, and he just opens those big slanty reddish orange eyes, and brays -- over and over and over. Angie's gonna have him eatin' outta her paw in no time!
WELL YOUS SEEM TO HAVE YOUR FINGER ON THE PULSE. FUNNY ENOUGH, THAT'S WHERE I LIKE TO KEEP MINE TOO... CAROTID ARTERY MY FAVORITE...
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1081836 Feb 17, 2014
It's time to Stop giving this fraudulent government Our support in Any way - they are clearly the enemy within.

FYI -

A number of confirmations have come in from readers that Washington is fueling the violent protests in Ukraine with Our taxpayer dollars...

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/02/us-and-eu...
THE BIG GUY

Buffalo, NY

#1081837 Feb 17, 2014
The Debil Is Trash wrote:
Let me whack you with some facts:
John Gotti was respected and protected by The Aryan Brotherhood when he was in jail until he died of cancer.
The dumb bastard executed a Made Man, Paul Castellano without permission and became
( self made ) The Don of The Castellano Family ... That's the John Gotti story, you know nothing ninny.
You've been watching too many Mafia Shows.
Here's another interesting, true story. I know a paisana who whacked an intruder with a Veal Shank. Her Husband was a Butcher. The intruder croaked. She got off, self defense.
And The Husband roasted the murder weapon and fed it to his enemies.
Mook? Sicilians don't use that word. Maybe in Spike Lee's World - "Do The Right Thing".
It's TZitztuni ...
HaHaaHaaaa ... Stick with your own kind, Exceno Mutt.
And stop being such a wannabe. Only thing you share with Big Angie is .... Nothing.
They'd never let you in that Exclusive Club, you fat-so wannabe hillbilly white trash.
<quoted text>
I SORTA SEE THIS ALL SLIPPIN' AWAY FROM YOU, OLIVE...

St. Croix valley

#1081838 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
No, I never said any of that dem. I said, they should close superfluous golf courses. Or they could cut back their watering 20% like the rest of us do. No, I have never seen it drier. I am not convince that "climate change" is man made. The earth has had many catastrophic changes in climate over its existence. Why should the earth be exempt from a naturally occuring change in climate now? The people who support a climate change agenda are people who stand to make a lot of money on a new industry that will charge human beings and their pets for their very existence on earth. Carbon credits??????? I'm sure the poor people of the world will just dig into their deep pockets to pay the piper.....or Al Gore
which of the golf courses are the superfluous ones? who decides that ?

St. Croix valley

#1081839 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
why don't you folks in the arid lands just charge for water what the going rate should be?

then people would use much, much less. free market and all that rot, eh?
THE DEBIL

Buffalo, NY

#1081840 Feb 17, 2014
YOU KNOW WHAT DESCRIBE A CONSERVATIVE BETTER THAN ANYTHING? THE JUDGIT THAT SHOW AN OPEN WOMAN'S MOUTH WITH VIVID RED LIPS. CONSERVATIVE PUT THAT UP THERE TO SIGNIFY YOU BEIN' BAD, WHEREAS DEBIL JUST WANT TO SLIDE HIS BIG PURPLE BIFURCATED MEMBER IN THERE. NO TEETH NOW, REMEMBER...

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1081841 Feb 17, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
What is natural about pumping millions of tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. The Earth produces & absorbs the naturally occurring CO2. By burning fossil fuels man increases the emittance of CO2 far above what the Earth can absorb, each year the atmosphere accumulates more.

People that believe in science, believe in MMGW. The fossil fuel industry funds skeptics who you believe as if there is not money to be made there.

Its called science. You should try it sometime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 11,416
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 4 hr Imagine 80
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 5 hr John Trott 42
Film on Sex Crimes at Jesus People USA 5 hr John Trott 9
News Jeff Sessions claims sanctuary city policies 'e... 5 hr Underground Railroad 24
where to score h in chicago (Jul '12) 8 hr Missouri 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Sublime1 105,298

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages