Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395212 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1081204 Feb 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so are you trying to say that white people don't commit any of the crimes that you describe?
but we all know they do. just like there are many fatherless white children who drop out of school.
you white folks need to clean up your own mess before you can claim to be able to tell others how they should live. how about starting with not killing each other any more.
page 13.
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.p...
also on page 12 it seems that the only murder stat that blacks lead in are drug related deaths. the white folks lead the rest. and it looks like you guys love to kill your fellow workers. and old people. what's that all about?
Have you got a GED at least?

You are embarrassingly stupid when it comes to interpreting data. We've been through this many times on this thread and you still cling to your simplistic black racism like a moth to a candle flame.

....and to your Liberal racist propaganda links.......

Lies, damned lies and statistics.
sonicfilter

United States

#1081205 Feb 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodtick is a lot like sonic where they pull off the flash and verve of some Liberal propaganda site to shove onto our plates here with zilch to back it up.
It gets boring real fast.
99.99% of the time, there are no links either.
Like listening to a Magic Negro speech where he preaches to the choir. Hallelujah.
zilch?

have you read one of DB's posts? have you read one of carol's posts?

and i always post a link. always.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1081206 Feb 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't White People Kill Each Other, Too?
And yet we keep hearing about black-on-black crime because it fits the false media narrative.
What Will, Steele and O'Reilly failed to mention is the exacting truth that white Americans are just as likely to be killed by other whites. According to Justice Department statistics (pdf), 84 percent of white people killed every year are killed by other whites.
In fact, all races share similar ratios. Yet there's no outrage or racialized debate about "white on white" violence. Instead, the myth and associated fear of "black on black" crime is sold as a legitimate, mainstream descriptive and becomes American status quo.
The truth? As the largest racial group, whites commit the majority of crimes in America. In particular, whites are responsible for the vast majority of violent crimes. With respect to aggravated assault, whites led blacks 2-1 in arrests; in forcible-rape cases, whites led all racial and ethnic groups by more than 2-1. And in larceny theft, whites led blacks, again, more than 2-1.
Given this mathematical truth, would anyone encourage African Americans to begin shooting suspicious white males in their neighborhoods for fear that they'll be raped, assaulted or murdered? Perhaps George Zimmerman's defenders should answer that question. If African Americans were to act as irrationally as Zimmerman did, would any rationale suffice to avoid arrest?
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2012/...
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
There is no nice way to put it, sonic......you are godawful stupid and proud of it.

I am convinced that there is no way to reach urban trash like you. It's over. Move on.

Black Racism is like prostitution - you'll never stamp it out which means it will keep f*cking a lot of innocent people.
sonicfilter

United States

#1081207 Feb 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you got a GED at least?
You are embarrassingly stupid when it comes to interpreting data. We've been through this many times on this thread and you still cling to your simplistic black racism like a moth to a candle flame.
....and to your Liberal racist propaganda links.......
Lies, damned lies and statistics.
it very plainly says that 84% of the white people killed in 2010 were killed by white people.

it also says that black offenders were less likely to be involved in sex-related killings (43.4%), workplace homicides,(25.8%) or homicides of elders age 65 or older (41.9%).

does it not say that? can you read? now would be the time to prove it.
sonicfilter

United States

#1081208 Feb 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no nice way to put it, sonic......you are godawful stupid and proud of it.
I am convinced that there is no way to reach urban trash like you. It's over. Move on.
Black Racism is like prostitution - you'll never stamp it out which means it will keep f*cking a lot of innocent people.
i just love pissing off white racists.

thanks for the fix.
sonicfilter

United States

#1081209 Feb 16, 2014
This image is screaming for a caption: Michael Dunn reacts to the verdicts from the jury

When Michael Dun, the killer of an unarmed black man, stood after the verdicts were announced by the jury foreperson, he raised his hands in disbelief. He then turned and looked at his parents with a sort of “HUH?” expression on his face.

This picture of Dunn is screaming for a caption:

I’ll start!“But Ma, I thought this was Florida!”

Your turn.

http://freakoutnation.com/2014/02/15/this-ima...

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1081210 Feb 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so are you trying to say that white people don't commit any of the crimes that you describe?
but we all know they do.
Of course they do.

Are you trying to say crime rate numbers aren't disproportionate when taking into consideration 65% of the population versus 12%?

Are you trying to say the vast majority of people in prison, regardless of skin color, are not guilty?
Angel

Boise, ID

#1081211 Feb 17, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Men scare you, don't we, coward.
"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated."
LMAO! you got owned on that Draftcard lie.Too funny.
Angel

Boise, ID

#1081212 Feb 17, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
I sure am glad I can sleep tonight knowing I'm not a lunatic, worthless liberal commie Obama voter.
No your just another Teabagging Loser.
It must be fun to be able to sit back and bitch and point the finger without having one single solution to offer.(If you discount Taxbreaks for the Wealthy Swine whose feet you kiss... which most sensible Americans do.)
Your party is doomed because its synonymous with Bigotry and Ignorance and Hatred.
Your going to lose again in November and 2016.
How do you plan to ever get back in power after alienating every single growing voter demographic that you need to win on a National Level?
There arent enough Old White Mail Racists left to get you there.
So whats the plan?
Keep on losing and try to sabatoge anyone else who tries to fix the mess left by Republicans in 2008?
Keep HOPING for low employment numbers and economic hardship for your fellow Americans because without them you have nothing?
How does it feel to know you have a vested interest in America's failing?
Any good news seems to have Teabaggers pouncing doing their damndest to mitigate it and explain it away....hoping it isnt true.
Do you have any concept how stupid you look to the rest of America?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1081213 Feb 17, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you agree with me then. Smoking is just as legal as drinking.
Except that cigarettes are just one wave of Obama's pen and phone away from becoming illegal. Some cities are already trying to ban smoking cigarettes anywhere in that city.
While marijuana is becoming legal in more and more states. And potheads can smoke a joint anywhere they want to.
Please tell me you're getting this.
No nitwit, it would take congressional action to make tobacco products illegal. No liar, in Colorado the only state that has legalized the recreational use of marijuana, you can't smoke pot in public and have to follow the same rules as tobacco users. The thing that you don't or more likely refuse to realize is that when you smoke around other people, your smoke gets into their lungs too whether they want it or not.
Angel

Boise, ID

#1081214 Feb 17, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No nitwit, it would take congressional action to make tobacco products illegal. No liar, in Colorado the only state that has legalized the recreational use of marijuana, you can't smoke pot in public and have to follow the same rules as tobacco users. The thing that you don't or more likely refuse to realize is that when you smoke around other people, your smoke gets into their lungs too whether they want it or not.
Yeah."Smoke a joint anywhere they want to."
Why do Teabaggers have such difficulty seperating reality from their never-ending awfulization projection?
Is it disingenous or are they really that dumb?
Then they get offended at the notion that they have zero credibilty outside the Halt and Lame Rubes who make up Fox Nation.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1081215 Feb 17, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. But have you been around a drunk or a pothead?
Or does Galt, the defender of freedom and personal choice, just single out which personal choice he doesn't personally happen to like and then ignores all the rest like the P.C. police?
Do you give a pass to drunks and the morbidly obese? Or do you want to ban their personal choices too?
Can't have it both ways.
Once again Carol, if you want to smoke fine but the difference is that if the guy sitting next to me is snarfing down Whoppers or a couple of bags of glazed donuts, they're not getting into my body like your smoke does
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1081216 Feb 17, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He applauded that decision. But calls smoking marijuana a "bad habit". People used to say that about smoking cigarettes.
Congress is now pushing to ban e-cigarettes from the Capital. Which is vapor! It just looks like a cigarette.
Of course, they have to guzzle down their last drink at lunch before voting to ban vapor.
Can't you see the nonsense in all of this?
Wow! Carol the hot shot teacher who doesn't know that it's the "Capitol", not the "Capital"!
There are still plenty of places to smoke in DC nitwit!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1081217 Feb 17, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm joining Dr. Benjamin Carson's personal crusade against government control. It starts with mind control and socially ostracizing. Remember Germany in the 1930s? Jews were first socially ostracized. Before it became acceptable to dehumanize them.
Delusional much Carol?

Nazis; anti union.
Tea Party; anti union.
Nazis; anti gay.
Tea Party; anti gay.
Nazis; anti Semitic (Jews)
Tea Party; anti Semitic (Muslims)
It was ignorant bigots like you that put the Nazis into power Carol.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1081219 Feb 17, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>A study conducted by the Harris Organization for the Veterans Administration and released in 1980, an ABC-Washington Post poll released in 1985 and the National Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Study of the Research Triangle Institute agree that the majority of Vietnam veterans entered the military by enlistment. The readjustment study found that approximately 70 percent of Vietnam veterans enlisted, only 11 percent of whom reported they did so to "avoid the draft."
Vietnam veterans are still at war, with media figures who deny our patriotism and disparage our service by characterizing us as dummies too maladroit to have wrangled deferments. When questioned if they would serve again if asked, the majority of Vietnam veterans replied they would.
We Vietnam veterans are a group about whom a tremendous amount of nonsense has been said and written, and we must be on our guard against members of the media who need to validate their conduct during the war by casting discredit upon those who served. BERNARD A. HEENEY Bayonne, N.J., June 13, 1994
http://www.nytimes.com/1994/06/21/opinion/l-t...
If you wanted to enlist to avoid the draft & Vietnam, you likely enlisted in the Navy & would not be included in those statistics.

Carlisle, PA

#1081220 Feb 17, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
We had to register for the draft by our 18th birthday. That's when you got your selective service number and lottery number. I turned 18 in April of '68 and enlisted before the end of the year.
My draft card has no lottery number because the lottery numbers had not been drawn,

The only possible explanation that would indicate you are telling the truth would be if your state had some sort of lottery or perhaps your local draft board.

So to clear this up, let us know where you were living in 1968.

Otherwise, your story to enlisting contained some BS.

Carlisle, PA

#1081221 Feb 17, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it. They simply can't imagine someone walking in before being dragged in.
If you were volunteering, your draft lottery position would have been irrelevant. But you already said you enlisted because you had a low number indication you would not have enlisted if you thought you weren't going to be drafted.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1081222 Feb 17, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Qaeda planned the attack six months before 9/11/2012.
Immediately after Al Qaeda planned the attack, Hillary Clinton began cutting Stevens' security.
After the attack, and after Hillary Clinton watched the videos that proved Obama was lying about some spontaneous demonstration caused by a video that nobody ever saw and didn't even exist when Al Qaeda planned the attack, Hillary Cliniton lied to Congress, lied to the entire country, and lied to Ty Woods' father, regurgitating the Obama lie about some video being the cause.
So, why isn't Hillary Clinton in prison for lying to Congress?
And the big question, how did Hillary Clinton know Al Qaeda needed Stevens' security to be eliminated?
Which brings us back to a question you have been running away from for over a year:
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Really DB? Do you have even a smidgen of evidence that Al Qaeda planned this attack six months beforehand? No, you don't, you just pulled it out of your anal orifice like you do with everything you post.
You're an idiot DB; you always have been and always will be!
Tacitus

Raleigh, NC

#1081223 Feb 17, 2014
new yawk wrote:
I felt, be happy for Our Athletes ... It's been a successful Olympics.
But, sour grapes shows up.
You handled that poster with grace. I only mention it, because under the new yawk screen name, she wrote something not very nice about you and I didn't appreciate that.
Maybe you saw it, maybe not. Rather you hadn't. It was a low thing to do considering "to your face" she is always foo-fooing you. You know me. I'm not much for pretense.
That's what N Waxman was referring to.
Anyway ...
There are a few people who are decent, civil. But like you said when we last spoke, "crazies" and "nutters" ... And I agreed. Missing a few genes?
More like a whole link in the chain !!! I know the debil is.
Now posting and conversing with you under Tactitus ...
And has caused a lot of upset on this thread. It hasn't been appreciated.
I know you wouldn't compromise your values on what is deceitful, devious and the like.
PS I love my UGGHS too. They're so ugly, but so comfortable and cozy ...
<quoted text>
Hmmmm... and with friends like you whyever would one need enemies? She's much, much cleverer than you and unlikely to fall for your clumsy deceits. I think you're just jealous. Once a woman demonstrates her willingness to tolerate me and admits I make her smile sometimes in spite of herself, by then she knows who and what I am and where my loyalties lie. Ask around.
Tacitus

Raleigh, NC

#1081224 Feb 17, 2014
Ah, what a lovely morning! Golden and bright with promise, on the verge of unfolding ready or not...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Coffee Party 216,757
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min Sublime1 102,476
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min NYStateOfMind 60,096
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 38 min PEllen 2,698
Word (Dec '08) 39 min PEllen 6,417
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 40 min PEllen 8,888
last post wins! (Dec '10) 43 min They cannot kill ... 2,144
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages