Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496606 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1081052 Feb 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you joined because you had a low number & you served 68-71.
But the draft lottery wasn't until December of 1969.
More BS from the builder? go figure...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1081053 Feb 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You say you joined because you had a low number & you served 68-71.
But the draft lottery wasn't until December of 1969.
So?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1081054 Feb 16, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you so miserable then
The Bar Fly raises her head from the counter, blinks her bloodshot orbs at the bartender and asks "So why are you so miserable then?"

Drinks on the house. lily's buyin'

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1081055 Feb 16, 2014
John Galt wrote:
A Chicago judge has issued a controversial decision to reduce a fine handed down by state health department officials to an Illinois abortion clinic for violations of cleanliness and health codes. The judge reduced the massive $36,000 fine to a mere $77.
Cook County Circuit Judge Alexander White arbitrarily reduced the fine after the Illinois Department of Health (IDPH) conducted a health inspection of the state's abortion providers in 2011. The issuance of the fine was immediately disputed and has been coursing through the courts ever since.
The IDPH cited the clinic for such violations as storing food items in the same freezer that contained containers of fetal tissue, filthy floors, medication dispensing cups filled with crumbs of medication, recovery rooms with rusted walls, and other filthy conditions. The IDPH report also noted that one employee was re-using discarded paper towels on patients.
Worse, the IDPH charged the clinic for failing to perform CPR on a patient who soon died in its care.
Judge White based his reduction of the fine on the claim that the owner of the clinic closed the facilities down and had only $77 left in the company bank account.
However, theclaim that the clinic was shuttered is suspect.
The operator of the cited clinic informed the state that the clinic was closed in November of 2011, but it was soon discovered that only weeks later owner Larisa Rozansky opened a "new" clinic in the same facilities – even using the same website to advertise – without addressing the state's health code violations.
Should abortion ever become illegal, these types of operations would become the norm instead of the exception. What is a real shame is the fact that the clinic had gone 15 years without a full state health inspection due to a "lack of of funds and resources."

In 2011, "Illinois began quietly increasing its inspections of abortion clinics. The Illinois sweep was prompted by a 2010 raid on a Philadelphia abortion provider that regulators had ignored for years. Pennsylvania authorities described a filthy "house of horrors" where late-term abortions were routinely performed by untrained staff."

"Some Illinois abortion clinics had gone up to 15 years without inspections before last year's crackdown. State officials attribute the backlog of inspections to a lack of funds and resources."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03/15/il...

St. Croix valley

#1081056 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
how did you get a low number before the draft lottery began, seems to be the point...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1081057 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
DumbDave and his sock/twin moron assume everyone is drafted. It's beyond their ability to reason that a person might enlist.

It's no wonder Obama was elected and the Democrat Party has supporters with idiots like DumbDave/Loon-A-Tic around.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1081058 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how did you get a low number before the draft lottery began, seems to be the point...
He never said he was drafter, you idiot! God are you liberals dumber than sh*t.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1081059 Feb 16, 2014
drafted, drifter
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1081060 Feb 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Most topix tea baggers prefer to pretend they served. Dates are irrelevant to them.
Right, Craig Hawley?????
Sure thing DUMMY!

Demo-KKK-RAT Senator from Connecticut:

"Richard Blumenthal Claimed Vietnam Service But Never Went"

Watch the video, if you can figure out how to click on it, dumbfk!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/17/rich...

DOH! It's the liberal censorship Commie site HufPo - video does not exist!

Here you go dispstick:

Baawwaahhh!!!!

St. Croix valley

#1081061 Feb 16, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
He never said he was drafter, you idiot! God are you liberals dumber than sh*t.
he stated he had a low number. here's the quote...

" I was 18, had a low number and I ain't no senator's son. "

how could one get a low draft number if the draft lottery hadn't started yet?

god you idiots are dumber than shit....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1081062 Feb 16, 2014
Tacitus wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for a variety of reasons I'm actually in compliance with that portion of the document. Um... what're you wearin'? Been a long time since I asked and I'd just like an update?
Yes, it has been a long time. A CAL sweatshirt, jeans and Uggs. Just got back from a trip and I'm vegging out in front of the TV. Just watched Bubba Watson win the Northern Trust Open. He's a nice young man who has been in a dry spell. Happy to see him win.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you are in compliance. You're much too independent and creative to feel a need to repeat yourself.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1081063 Feb 16, 2014
Democrats!

Lie of the Year!

Obama!

Blumenthal is a good Commie soldier - never went to Vietnam, but sure can lie just like Obama!

St. Croix valley

#1081064 Feb 16, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
DumbDave and his sock/twin moron assume everyone is drafted. It's beyond their ability to reason that a person might enlist.
It's no wonder Obama was elected and the Democrat Party has supporters with idiots like DumbDave/Loon-A-Tic around.
and here is where you should open your mouth and change feet....

oh wait...you already have both feet in there...as always...

have you ever gone ten minutes in your life without saying something that proves how ignorant and stupid you are? five minutes?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1081065 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he stated he had a low number. here's the quote...
" I was 18, had a low number and I ain't no senator's son. "
how could one get a low draft number if the draft lottery hadn't started yet?
god you idiots are dumber than shit....
It's been established you are a liar and you never provide a link, just like you fellow lazy liberal twin, DumbDave. OK, suppose I grant that you are being honest, have you confirmed that him saying he served from 1968 was not a typo?

Or do you just assume everyone who is not a liberal like you is a liar?

It seems odd, but we also know you are a liar. "conservative".

Lapeer, MI

#1081066 Feb 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Evening, ma'am.
This thread is closed for today...for you.
....says the Restroom Attendant.

heck. Give them a title and it goes to their head.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1081067 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how did you get a low number before the draft lottery began, seems to be the point...
He's a fraud__when one is a fraud anything is possible.

Lot's of em on this thread.

St. Croix valley

#1081068 Feb 16, 2014
wow! the waxworm sure is quiet with both his feet in his mouth and my foot up his ass....

and where is builder?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1081069 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and here is where you should open your mouth and change feet....
oh wait...you already have both feet in there...as always...
have you ever gone ten minutes in your life without saying something that proves how ignorant and stupid you are? five minutes?
I like facts before I convict.

Aren't you the same moron that posts:

"facts are fun"?

yet post facts you don't confirm? Yes, that would be you.

Yet you wonder why I question your posts?

You are a liberal moron. Of course I doubt your gibberish.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1081070 Feb 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Portugal's drug policy pays off; US eyes lessons
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/26/portu...
since Portugal decriminalised drugs, drug use there has gone up, the number of people using drugs has gone up, the number of homicides related to drug use has gone up by 40 per cent, and drug-related HIV/AIDS and Hepititis C is up and the rate in Portugal is now eight times that of EU countries”. AIDS-who cares-- It is liberalism.

Really I don't care if you liberal loons want to use drugs--but remember O'bamacare is free and you will be able to get all the mind numbing habits you want. It is eugenics. Go for it. I like how you liberals want to kill your own. How are the children doing in Portugal? you should really bring into your argument how drugs are good for the children.

Lapeer, MI

#1081071 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
You and Reality have parted ways.

I wonder why is that? Was it a mutual or unilateral agreement?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques in Ottawa 237,212
IT'S Really really true, nancy pelosi............ 2 hr HasALargePenis 10
The Mexicans stay home 2 hr More-Truth NoLies 24
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Well Well 10,332
Review: Skydiving In Chicago 4 hr Bjohns 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Ashley 63,269
News Off-duty Cook County correctional officer shot ... 8 hr former democrat 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages