Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
992,801 - 992,820 of 1,099,998 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1079545 Feb 13, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the difference?
lol! You shouldn't talk about things you don't know son.

But especially around the US Constitution!!!
The Debil

Houston, TX

#1079546 Feb 13, 2014
LOOK, I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE THAT THE CONSERVATIVE, MARKET-BASED ASS-CANDY WE ALL HAD SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS OF LATE IS ABOUT RUN IT'S COURSE. IT TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE. TO LISTEN TO DB TELL IT, IT TIME TO CLEAN "HIS" HOUSE.

"GROWTH" IS A MUG'S GAME. YOU NEED MO' AN' MO' AN' MO' OF IT JUST TO KEEP EVEN AND WHO NEEDS IT? SCREW GROWTH. LET THE ECONOMIES OF THE WORL' STAGNATE AN' DIE. GOOD RIDDANCE. THE IDEA OF MAKIN' MONEY OFF THE LABOR OF OTHERS IS ODIOUS AND SICK. WHAT SAY WE JUS' SIT BACK AND WATCH THE SUN RISE AND SET, TEND TO OUR GARDENS, AND STOP TRYING TO FILL THE WORL' UP WITH YAHOOS LIKE DB IN ORDER TO PRECIPITATE CRISIS.

"GIVE A MAN A FISH, AN' HE EAT FO' A DAY.
TEACH A MAN TO FISH, AND IT BE A LOT HARDER FO' SOME GREEDY BITCH FROM ATLANTA TO LEAD HIM AROUN' BY THE NOSE." FECIT.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1079547 Feb 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality that you are a f*cking idiot.
Dead beat writer is a copy and paste kind of guy.

No thinking involved.... ever!!!
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1079548 Feb 13, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just that Bush doesn't matter anymore - especially when Democrats were just as responsible for everything the left only blames Bush.
What matters now is how bad things still are - and even worse - after five years with Obama.
It's time to focus on the present and where we're going from here.
Keep telling yourself that Carol. It was the Republicans who refused to regulate the market in mortgage backed securities and debt default swaps and it was those that caused the financial markets.
The economy is a hell of a lot better than when Obama took office you goddamned liar! And what have the Republicans done to make the economy better Carol? Nothing! What have they even proposed? Nothing!
You're an idiot Carol!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1079549 Feb 13, 2014
"But the Republican won in a landslide, despite ... a late endorsement of his opponent by President Obama..."

Or, perhaps, because of it.

Republican Kevin Faulconer becomes mayor of San Diego.

San Diego becomes the nation’s largest city with a Republican mayor, and Kevin Faulconer will be the only Republican to lead a major city in California, where Democrats hold all statewide offices.

Who says Hispanics won't vote Republican--the other guy was Alverez. The intelligentsia on the left have told us that the GOP was losing the Hispanic vote, never mind being incapable of beating a Hispanic candidate. As such, I am dubious of the outcome of this election.LOL.
The Debil

Lombard, IL

#1079550 Feb 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i wouldn't know anything about that.
WHY DON' I BELIEVE YOU?
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1079551 Feb 13, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL; I'd recommend exercise; a good walk makes a big difference! Or yoga. Prescription drugs are a huge problem for many people; did you know that the leading cause of drug death here in Florida is Xanax? Crazy but true.
" LOL "???; I'd recommend LLL for you (Lots Less Liquor)
The Debil

Lombard, IL

#1079552 Feb 13, 2014
THE NORTH AN SOUTH AIN'T NEVER GON' GET ALONG. IT SIMPLY TOO BIG A MOUNTAIN TO CLIMB. FO' SOUTHERNERS, JUST GETTIN' OUT THE DO' OF THE TRAILER IS, ESSENTIALLY, IMPOSSIBLE. FO' NORTHERNERS THE IDEA OF WADIN' OVER A MOUNTAIN OF GELATINOUS FAT PEOPLE ON THEY WAY SOUTH IS DAUNTING. WE BETTER OFF APART.
The Debil

Lombard, IL

#1079553 Feb 13, 2014
NOW YOU TAKE RAND PAUL, FO' INSTANCE. HE LIVE UP NORTH HE BE DEAD IN THE FIRST WEEK, JUS' BECAUSE OF HIS HAIR. SOUTHERNERS ARE STOOPID. CAN WE AT LEAS' AGREE ON THAT?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1079554 Feb 13, 2014
Ex-Employees of Conservative Figure L. Brent Bozell Say He Didn’t Write His Books or Columns

The head of the Media Research Center has allegedly been phoning it in for years.

The news that L. Brent Bozell, the ginger-bearded conservative ideologue who runs the Media Research Center, doesn’t write his own columns landed in Washington with a thud Thursday. Jim Romenesko reported that Bozell uses Tim Graham, the MRC’s Director of Media Analysis as his ghostwriter. One former Media Research Center employee reacted to the news with a deep sense of befuddlement,“I thought everyone knew it.”

Bozell was once relatively important in the conservative movement, playing off his connections to his uncle William F. Buckley, but in recent years he’s become a marginalized, antiquated figure. As The Daily Beast reported in October, the Media Research Center has been involved in questionable real estate transactions with David Martin, the organization’s vice president who actually runs its day-to-day operations. Aside from the MRC, Bozell’s sole means of maintaining his influence have been weekly appearances on Hannity and churning out books and columns under his byline.

Employees at the MRC were never under any illusion that Bozell had been writing his own copy.“It’s an open secret at the office that Graham writes Bozell’s columns, and has done so for years,” said one former employee. In fact, a former MRC employee went so far as to tell The Daily Beast:“I know for a fact that Bozell didn’t even read any of the drafts of his latest book until after it had been sent to the publishers.”

The Graham-Bozell relationship can best displayed in this book talk for the book that the two nominally co-authored in 2008, Whitewash. At an event at the National Press Club, Bozell gives an introductory speech but then has Graham come up to take questions.

In the aftermath of Romenesko’s report, Creators Media Syndicate, the organization that syndicates Bozell’s column has announced that from now on, Bozell will share a joint byline with Graham.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/02...

so the man who's supposed to fact check the 'liberal' media is a lair.

they usually are.
Hillary

Palm Coast, FL

#1079555 Feb 13, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still using Hillary's statement out of context nitwit? Once again, and I'm sure not for the last time, let's see what she actually said;
"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime."
She wasn't saying that it didn't make any difference that four Americans lost their lives you goddamned liar, she was saying that the motivations behind the killings was irrelevant.
You’re an idiot Carol!
"What DIFFERENCE does it make?"
The Debil

Lombard, IL

#1079556 Feb 13, 2014
WHO THAT OTHER WHITE BOY IN HERE LIKE TALK TRASH? OH YEAH, THE WAXMAN. HE WRITE AN ENTIRE LIST OF THE GREAT SHIT HE OWN WHICH MAKE HIM BETTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE IN HIS OWN MIND. HE GOT, LIKE, THREE CARS, NINE WIVES, 15 HOUSES, SHIT LIKE THAT. AN' YET, HERE HE IS. DOWN HERE IN THE GUTTER WITH THE PEASANTS TRYIN' TO IMPRESS THEM WIT HIS "SUCCESS." IF THAT SUCCESS I HATE TO SEE FAILURE. WAIT... I JUS' DID, DIN'T I? IT CALLED IRAQ AN' AFGHANSITAN.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1079557 Feb 13, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress is now trying to ban e-cigarettes - which is essentially vapor - while drinking like fish and many having no problem with smoking marijuana anywhere at anytime. CVS is no longer selling cigarettes or e-cigarettes but their wine and beer shelves are fully stocked as is their junk food section.
Freedoms are eroded gradually. It's a gradual acceptance of PC correctness and progressive oppression. One thing at a time - one personal choice at a time. Until they're gone. Then it's too late.
No you goddamned liar, Congress isn't trying to ban e cigarettes. So what if CVS doesn't sell cigarettes anymore? If you're going to be a center for health services then you probably shouldn't be selling a proven killer. I can't speak for other states but in Massachusetts CVS doesn't sell alcoholic beverages. You can get your cancer sticks elsewhere. CVS has every right to choose what they want to sell. It's called freedom nitwit!
And no dumbass you can't smoke marijuana anyplace you want.
You're an idiot Carol!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1079558 Feb 13, 2014
The Debil wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY DON' I BELIEVE YOU?
because i wouldn't know anything about that.

i don't even know what pot looks like.
The Debil

Lombard, IL

#1079559 Feb 13, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
"But the Republican won in a landslide, despite ... a late endorsement of his opponent by President Obama..."
Or, perhaps, because of it.
Republican Kevin Faulconer becomes mayor of San Diego.
San Diego becomes the nation’s largest city with a Republican mayor, and Kevin Faulconer will be the only Republican to lead a major city in California, where Democrats hold all statewide offices.
Who says Hispanics won't vote Republican--the other guy was Alverez. The intelligentsia on the left have told us that the GOP was losing the Hispanic vote, never mind being incapable of beating a Hispanic candidate. As such, I am dubious of the outcome of this election.LOL.
GIVEN THAT YOU A DEVOTEE OF DANDRUFF BOY THIS LONG TIME YOU DUBIOUSNESS IS OF LITTLE CONSEQUENCE. YOU TASTE IN MEN HAS NEVER BEEN YOU STRONG SUIT. WASN'T YOU THE HO WHO MARRIED THE DITCHDIGGER?
The Debil

Lombard, IL

#1079560 Feb 13, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No you goddamned liar, Congress isn't trying to ban e cigarettes. So what if CVS doesn't sell cigarettes anymore? If you're going to be a center for health services then you probably shouldn't be selling a proven killer. I can't speak for other states but in Massachusetts CVS doesn't sell alcoholic beverages. You can get your cancer sticks elsewhere. CVS has every right to choose what they want to sell. It's called freedom nitwit!
And no dumbass you can't smoke marijuana anyplace you want.
You're an idiot Carol!
YOU CAN IF YOU KNOW HOW. JUS' SAYIN'.
The Debil

Lombard, IL

#1079561 Feb 13, 2014
I AGREE WIT YOU ABOUT HER BEIN' AN IDIOT, HOWEVER.
The Debil

Lombard, IL

#1079562 Feb 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
because i wouldn't know anything about that.
i don't even know what pot looks like.
HUH. SOME OF MY FRIENDS SMOKE IN THE DARK TOO. WELL, UM, IT SORT OF LOOK LIKE FREEZE-DRIED SPINACH I GUESS... SCREW IT, I'LL HAVE TO JUS' SHOW YOU.
The Debil

Lombard, IL

#1079563 Feb 13, 2014
LEO, BABY, DEBIL SORRY HE MISS YOU. NONETHELESS HE REALLY MISS YOU. WELL, IT TIME TO GO UNDERCOVER AGAIN. TWEAKIN' THE BUTTONS AN' LEVERS OF DEMOCRACY FO' THE FUTURE. AN' FO' FISH. I LOVE YOU BABY, EVEN AFTER ALL THESE YEARS APART.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1079564 Feb 13, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We now have a quasi-monarchy on Capital Hill and the struggle going on isn't about what's in the best interests of the country any longer. It's about power and political aspirations above all else and at any cost - and a media who elects them and protects them.
If you can't see the inherent danger in this, you don't know history very well. Especially when you act like you wrote it yourself.
Sure stupid, what party has a proven record of voter suppression? What party has rejected putting more money in workers pockets which would stimulate the economy? What party has rejected extending unemployment benefits making it harder for these people to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table?
Your knowledge of history is laughable.
You're an idiot Carol!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 68,960
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min Stina2 97,922
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 12 min SLY WEST 297
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min Dick Topick 49,472
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 15 min SLY WEST 7,746
Abby 8-29 32 min Stina2 8
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr LessHypeMoreFact 46,300
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,361
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search