Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1583761 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Tacitus

Lombard, IL

#1081022 Feb 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on how many "various sites" you re-post on.
Topix terms of service:
"You will not post or transmit links, identical content, or snippets of identical content to multiple threads in the discussion forums." "Transmitting any such identical messages indiscriminately to multiple threads constitutes an unauthorized use, is in violation of these Terms of Service and is prohibited."
Well, for a variety of reasons I'm actually in compliance with that portion of the document. Um... what're you wearin'? Been a long time since I asked and I'd just like an update?
Tacitus

Lombard, IL

#1081023 Feb 16, 2014
I don't remember moving to Illinois? Wh-oa, dude...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1081024 Feb 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix terms of service:
"You will not post or transmit links, identical content, or snippets of identical content to multiple threads in the discussion forums." "Transmitting any such identical messages indiscriminately to multiple threads constitutes an unauthorized use, is in violation of these Terms of Service and is prohibited."
ahhh...but the terms of service only apply if you hit the post comment button as it states...i never do that, i just hit enter after punching in the Captcha numbers...

maybe that's why they let me swear like a sailor and never remove any of my posts?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1081025 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you've deduced, by studying the forums I frequent, that I REALLY live in Florida? Is that it? Well, I gotta hand it to ya, that was some damn fine detective work there Sherlock. Don't give up your day job - this isn't your day job, is it? Anyway, you're full ofshit. I live in Eastern Oregon, just like it says. Ive been here since 1976. I hope you're able to sleep tonight.
Then you're a loser troll just as I suspected. And a birther as well__ROFLMAO.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1081026 Feb 16, 2014
Tacitus wrote:
I don't remember moving to Illinois? Wh-oa, dude...
You don't wanna be here. Another snowstorm tomorrow.
Tacitus

Lombard, IL

#1081027 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow! you're breaking new ground there, De Gama...
were you the one that told Ike to warn us of the military / industrial / congressional complex?
but if you think we went to war in vietnam for business reasons alone, you need to adjust your squatch hunting glasses.
you should stick to your puerile posts about pubic hairs and such....
"Puerile???" I pour my heart out to you on a matter of some importance and create a, a... paean to a lost art and this is the thanks I get? Cretin.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1081028 Feb 16, 2014
My wife wanted me in a better mood but doesn't want me avoiding my hangover by getting drunk again.
Doctors orders, baby.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1081029 Feb 16, 2014
Tacitus wrote:
<quoted text>
"Puerile???" I pour my heart out to you on a matter of some importance and create a, a... paean to a lost art and this is the thanks I get? Cretin.
Poutine=yummy fat food.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1081030 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're delusional. If it would have served a purpose other than poking Veterans in the eye, he would have used his pen and his phone.
Lets review.

The Executive Branch cannot spend money not authorized by Congress.

The new fiscal year started Oct 1st. Your hero Ted Cruz blocked the funding bill to fund the government into the new fiscal year.

Its not that complicated.

But hey there you are blaming Obama for not fixing Ted Cruz's grandstanding that affected veterans and cost the economy 24 billion dollars.

Clueless

United States

#1081031 Feb 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the same idiot that posts on the "president has failed us " thread?
Yes?
Katrina?
I'm not familiar with those threads, but I do know that he's a notorious troll who has proxies for ever state and many different countries. I wouldn't doubt it if he were in all of those threads. He also likes to use an individuals moniker and ISP to troll. He's an angry hateful queer. That link that I posted has been a running joke for a couple of years now. He was drunk when he posted the booty banging comment, but is quick to gay stereotype black men.
Clueless

United States

#1081032 Feb 16, 2014
*For every state*

Carlisle, PA

#1081033 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. Community organizing. That wouldn't qualify a rat for sewer duty.
All I ever see you do is criticize.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."
Another right whiner who has no clue what a community organizer does.
Tacitus

Lombard, IL

#1081034 Feb 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow! you're breaking new ground there, De Gama...
were you the one that told Ike to warn us of the military / industrial / congressional complex?
but if you think we went to war in vietnam for business reasons alone, you need to adjust your squatch hunting glasses.
you should stick to your puerile posts about pubic hairs and such....
Every twenty years whether you need one or not, a new bogeyman will arise and the patriotic core of our great nation will rise up like... a giant penis and spray white goo indiscriminately all over some half-assed primitive country, and then manage to LOSE the "war." The Pantygon is a big place filled with thousands of patriotic people. I think it's safe to say the general staff like to keep the folks fully employed down there and that means developing close relationships with - wait for it - business interests. Speaking of conspiracy theories, how bout them Iraqis, huh? The Air Force is a delightful example. Not only does that branch of the service publicly endorse fundamentalist christianity and rape but essentially ALL of the participants in America's nuclear shield CHEATED TO GET THERE AND STAY THERE!!!! The Post is full to the brim EVERY DAY with ads for this fighter plane and that helicopter and this airborne weapons system. Without those ads TARGETED AT LEGISLATORS AND PURCHASING AGENTS for ALL branches of the military the POST wouldn't even exist anymore. The republican party claims OUTRIGHT that the only business of the Federal Government is to support the military and to protect business. IT'S YOUR PLATFORM. There are NO advanced thinkers produced by the military I assure you. that's not the way to get ahead in this town, or, indeed, the country. They are self-serving slimeballs trying to line their pockets at public expense. The scandal d'jour is that essentially the ENTIRE COMMAND STRUCTURE of THE U.S. AIR FORCE IS UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR CORRUPTION AND THAT IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION! Golfing in Scotland indeed. For shame, sir, for shame. A pox on all your houses,(the one in town and the one your brother-in-law allegedly owns down at the lake.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1081035 Feb 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix terms of service:
That's why I choose to follow the rules here.
Tacitus

Lombard, IL

#1081036 Feb 16, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Poutine=yummy fat food.
I look upon is as my "comfort food." I'm just kind of amazed I still get to look upon it at all without money having to change hands.
Tacitus

Lombard, IL

#1081037 Feb 16, 2014
It just reinforces the old saw about, "If you don't ask, you don't get," which is true in this instance but not necessarily universal.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1081038 Feb 16, 2014
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not familiar with those threads, but I do know that he's a notorious troll who has proxies for ever state and many different countries. I wouldn't doubt it if he were in all of those threads. He also likes to use an individuals moniker and ISP to troll. He's an angry hateful queer. That link that I posted has been a running joke for a couple of years now. He was drunk when he posted the booty banging comment, but is quick to gay stereotype black men.
Yeah it's all the same little old tea bag man.
He likes to pretend he is still somewhat young and that the wheel chair is just to pick up hot blondes.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1081039 Feb 16, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>so how long before the O'bama and his care are going to stop the subsidies? when people aren't working how do they get tax credits. Stop the pharma-the cost of your health care will come down. Of course maybe that is the liberal dream-everyone smokes weed. Utopia liberal Utopia. LOL-Liberal healthcare=smoke weed.
Weed. The Magic Negro's Soma:

http://www.huxley.net/soma/somaquote.html

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1081041 Feb 16, 2014
Tacitus wrote:
<quoted text>
Every twenty years whether you need one or not, a new bogeyman will arise and the patriotic core of our great nation will rise up like... a giant penis and spray white goo indiscriminately all over some half-assed primitive country, and then manage to LOSE the "war." The Pantygon is a big place filled with thousands of patriotic people. I think it's safe to say the general staff like to keep the folks fully employed down there and that means developing close relationships with - wait for it - business interests. Speaking of conspiracy theories, how bout them Iraqis, huh? The Air Force is a delightful example. Not only does that branch of the service publicly endorse fundamentalist christianity and rape but essentially ALL of the participants in America's nuclear shield CHEATED TO GET THERE AND STAY THERE!!!! The Post is full to the brim EVERY DAY with ads for this fighter plane and that helicopter and this airborne weapons system. Without those ads TARGETED AT LEGISLATORS AND PURCHASING AGENTS for ALL branches of the military the POST wouldn't even exist anymore. The republican party claims OUTRIGHT that the only business of the Federal Government is to support the military and to protect business. IT'S YOUR PLATFORM. There are NO advanced thinkers produced by the military I assure you. that's not the way to get ahead in this town, or, indeed, the country. They are self-serving slimeballs trying to line their pockets at public expense. The scandal d'jour is that essentially the ENTIRE COMMAND STRUCTURE of THE U.S. AIR FORCE IS UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR CORRUPTION AND THAT IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION! Golfing in Scotland indeed. For shame, sir, for shame. A pox on all your houses,(the one in town and the one your brother-in-law allegedly owns down at the lake.
it works best if you keep the shiny side of your tin foil helmet facing out

Carlisle, PA

#1081042 Feb 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
What, in state prison? How much time did you get? What'd you do write letters to your parole board? What community, what schools?
I served in the Army from '68 to '71. Over my business career I employed hundreds of people and was responsible for their family's well being. I've paid millions in taxes and fees. I've worked on Republican election comities, volunteered my services at local elementary and high schools. Donated labor and materials to three different churches, none of which I belong to. I can go on.
You say you joined because you had a low number & you served 68-71.

But the draft lottery wasn't until December of 1969.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Just Sux 2 hr They cannot kill ... 133
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 11,186
Obama welfare monkeys 2 hr Black wives matter 2
Slavery 2 hr We saved negrahs 3
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 2 hr Where Is NO-25 26
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 2 hr MalignantDemRacists 28
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 3 hr Malignant STAR 45

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance