Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1578884 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1080437 Feb 15, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
Ex-New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin's conviction on corruption charges leaves little doubt the Katrina disaster would never have unfolded as fatally as it did had there not been Third World-style mismanagement in that city.
*Third world style management by a black mayor. mmm mmm mmm.
Black DEMOCRAT.
The Debil Is Trash

East Amherst, NY

#1080438 Feb 15, 2014
Yep! You just replied to the doppelganger.

The doppelganger is Leggs.

I can't help you discern but fake new yawk and all the screen names she "shadows" that "I" use ... Are All debil/leggs.

debil and all of her posts, crap indeed, but that's her agenda, to upset and confuse the thread. She's already shadowing fetch almighty, flack and DBWriter ...

No, I'm not Leggs ...
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just that, crap. For all anyone knows, you're Leggs

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1080439 Feb 15, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Central Florida was one of the areas hardest hit during the mortgage crisis and led the nation in foreclosures. There are still thousands of foreclosures working through the system. Obviously cash buyers are competing for homes in certain areas, those with the "best" buys. Companies such as Nv Florida Real Estate Management scooped up hundreds of homes.
But there are thousands of available homes and worthy buyers who require mortgages are being taken seriously "if" they are pre approved and able to close promptly.
Once again__if it will be your last home a few grand one way or the other shouldn't matter so long as the home suits your needs and the location is to your liking.
There are, actually, hundreds of homes (not sure about thousands) that require mortgages. But the ones in the better locations at the best prices are the ones everyone is competing over. You wouldn't believe how fast they go.

But we did find a very nice home in a good location very close to work and in a good neighborhood, so we're okay paying a little more. It does have a pool which we don't need or want and the insurance is what is costing a bundle. There's also a lake nearby so we have to have flood insurance as well. The insurance is the kicker.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1080440 Feb 15, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama won because he lied about Obamacare and Benghazi - deliberately to win the election - and Mitt Romney.
And Mitt Romney played it too safe in the final stretch.
If the election had been held again last November, the polls say Romney would have won.
pure bs. FOX opinion is nowhere near fact.

and this is not last year. but if it was.....

Do Republicans owe Nate Silver an apology?

The election results closely matched the data-guru's projections the same forecasts conservatives consistently dismissed. Are they ready to eat crow?

"Skewed!" In the lead-up to the election, that conservative cri de coeur met almost every poll showing President Obama with a lead in the Electoral College. And no forecaster bore the brunt of conservative ire more than The New York Times' polling guru, Nate Silver, who steadfastly projected an Obama win with almost cocky certainty, even when Mitt Romney's numbers surged after the first debate. Conservative commentators muttered dark suspicions that Silver was juicing the stats, or voiced skepticism about his methodology, or complained that his projections simply couldn't be right given how close the race was on a national level. But when the votes were counted on Nov. 6, and Obama wrapped up the Electoral College before Virginia or Florida were even called, Silver was vindicated. Many Romney supporters were stunned that Obama had won so decisively. Do conservatives owe Silver an apology?

Yes. Nate Silver crushed the election: "Nate Silver was right," say Jonathan D. Salant and Laura Curtis at Bloomberg. He predicted the correct result in every state, including the nine battleground states (if Florida ends up being officially called for Obama) that theoretically could have gone either way. "Silver infuriated conservatives with his model, which uses a number of measurements and calculations, including attention to state polls," but it turned out to be an incredibly reliable snapshot of the voting electorate.

Conservative media should apologize to their viewers: "On the biggest political story of the year, the conservative media just got its ass handed to it" by Nate Silver, says Conor Friedersdorf at The Atlantic. Bucking Silver's perfectly reasonable conclusions, Fox News luminaries like Karl Rove and Dick Morris predicted a big victory for Romney. The result? Conservative voters went into the election at an "information disadvantage," leaving baffled Romney supporters asking: "Why were we the last to realize that things were going wrong for us?"

Conservative media won't change: The conservative media's problems with the facts reached a nadir when Fox's Rove "frantically strove to deny his own network's call of the presidential election," says Andrew Leonard at Salon. The election's results should be a bracing wake-up call, but "the urge to deny reality runs astoundingly deep at the heart of the right-wing propaganda machine," and "even two terms of Barack Obama might not be enough to cure that sickness."

http://theweek.com/article/index/236040/do-re...

how you can think that Mitt had any chance of winning without using 'Republican math' is evidently no mystery to Karl Rove.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1080441 Feb 15, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Panetta told the Senate Armed Services Committee in February of last year that it was him who informed the president that "there was an apparent attack going on in Benghazi."
"Secretary Panetta, do you believe that unequivocally at that time we knew that this was a terrorist attack?" asked Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla.
"There was no question in my mind that this was a terrorist attack," Panetta replied.
(Within minutes after the attack began, Panetta went directly to the WH to brief the president. Guess he forgot to mention there was no question in his mind he knew it was a terrorist attack.)
transcript?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1080442 Feb 15, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think he just loves annoying me.
Seriously. He has a fixation on Lois.

He's got your 3' tall bouffant in his cross-hairs, Marge:)

Orlando, FL

#1080443 Feb 15, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
when your offer is contingent on obtaining a mortgage and another buyer makes a cash offer in the same amount, guess who wins....
You don't think I know that already? I've been breathing, eating and sleeping house hunting in an area where cash buyers are everywhere.

However, the only two homes we had to compete over were with other buyers with loans.

Only homes that were overpriced were usually the ones holding out for cash buyers in ideal locations. You can't compete with that either.
The Debil Is Trash

East Amherst, NY

#1080444 Feb 15, 2014
Because she's mentally ill. A lot of what she says is for the shock value. She's trash.

I understand why you replied to that fake new yawk post.

She's intent on ruining this thread.

Well, it's not going to happen.
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Once Leggs/Debil threatened to kill me and my grandson, I realized what kind of person it was. All mouth. Now I play along regardless of the poster's name. No harm, no foul.

Lapeer, MI

#1080445 Feb 15, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Johnson knew it was unwinnable but escalated it anyway.
However, this was the biggest turning point for me away from Nixon - more than Watergate - when he put his reelection over ending the war sooner.
Just curious. Is there anything Obama could do that would turn you against him? Like if it's proven he actually did lie about Benghazi to win a reelection?
If you were to scoop up the dog sausage the Magic Negro stepped in, Karma would take out a second mortgage to purchase it. from you.

Maybe you could do this and pay cash for that house you're looking to buy?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1080446 Feb 15, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Panetta told the Senate Armed Services Committee in February of last year that it was him who informed the president that "there was an apparent attack going on in Benghazi."
"Secretary Panetta, do you believe that unequivocally at that time we knew that this was a terrorist attack?" asked Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla.
"There was no question in my mind that this was a terrorist attack," Panetta replied.
(Within minutes after the attack began, Panetta went directly to the WH to brief the president. Guess he forgot to mention there was no question in his mind he knew it was a terrorist attack.)
ya think the president calling it a terror attack the next day comes into play on this topic at all?

keep lying to yourself lois...

Lapeer, MI

#1080447 Feb 15, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spanky And Our Gang will never stop playing with you, Lois. Show them a fact and they'll talk about Bush. Show them another fact and they'll talk about Nixon.

Continue presenting them with recent facts and they'll begin to talk about Global Warming and how Romney was against a carbon tax.

The only sensible way to deal with these adolescents is to see the humor in it all.
Kids Say The Darndest Things.

Orlando, FL

#1080448 Feb 15, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked__40 maybe 50 times but wtf is one more eh?
Looks like a lot of school buses to me.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facili...

Nagin's interview with NBC's Matt Lauer:

LAUER: On the political front, it's no secret, doesn't have to be a Katrina's secret, you did not have a very good working relationship with the governor of Louisiana at that time, Kathleen Blanco. As a matter of fact, when she ran for office you crossed party lines and you supported her opponent Bobby Jindal. And when you called to break the news to her, she said, according to you, quote,'There will be hell to pay.' Do you think that that actually contributed enough friction to where she was uncooperative with helping you and the City of New Orleans?

NAGIN: I don't know about that, but I think there was some residuals. Our relationship was not the best. But there were some things going on above me that I think contributed to her hesitancy more than anything. The Republican president, Democratic governor, arguing over the Posse Comitatus Act that was passed way back in who knows when.

LAUER: And it's funny because President Bush looked at it from the other way, he worried that a Republican president coming into a state with a Democratic governor and a largely African-American population and declaring martial law basically would be viewed very badly.

(Later on in the interview...)

LAUER: What was the biggest mistake you made?

NAGIN: Well, you know, it was a catastrophic event. We all made mistakes at every level of government. But I think the thing that I worry about and I think about the most is could I have called a mandatory evacuation much earlier. It was the first one in the almost 300-history of the City of New Orleans. I had about an eight to ten-hour window overnight where I could have called it.

Lapeer, MI

#1080449 Feb 15, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Debunked!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH H.......

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1080450 Feb 15, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Black DEMOCRAT.
the entire town of N'orleans is built on corruption..always has been since day one..

as is the state of LA.

his race and political party have nothing to do with it...
The Debil Is Trash

Buffalo, NY

#1080451 Feb 15, 2014
... pain in my arm... can't breathe... ....____________________

Lapeer, MI

#1080452 Feb 15, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a lot of school buses to me.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facili...
Nagin's interview with NBC's Matt Lauer:
LAUER: On the political front, it's no secret, doesn't have to be a Katrina's secret, you did not have a very good working relationship with the governor of Louisiana at that time, Kathleen Blanco. As a matter of fact, when she ran for office you crossed party lines and you supported her opponent Bobby Jindal. And when you called to break the news to her, she said, according to you, quote,'There will be hell to pay.' Do you think that that actually contributed enough friction to where she was uncooperative with helping you and the City of New Orleans?
NAGIN: I don't know about that, but I think there was some residuals. Our relationship was not the best. But there were some things going on above me that I think contributed to her hesitancy more than anything. The Republican president, Democratic governor, arguing over the Posse Comitatus Act that was passed way back in who knows when.
LAUER: And it's funny because President Bush looked at it from the other way, he worried that a Republican president coming into a state with a Democratic governor and a largely African-American population and declaring martial law basically would be viewed very badly.
(Later on in the interview...)
LAUER: What was the biggest mistake you made?
NAGIN: Well, you know, it was a catastrophic event. We all made mistakes at every level of government. But I think the thing that I worry about and I think about the most is could I have called a mandatory evacuation much earlier. It was the first one in the almost 300-history of the City of New Orleans. I had about an eight to ten-hour window overnight where I could have called it.
Realtime and Woodtick are cut from the same dirty rag.

Lapeer, MI

#1080453 Feb 15, 2014
The Debil Is Trash wrote:
... pain in my arm... can't breathe.......___
Please.....don't raise our hopes.
new yawk

East Amherst, NY

#1080454 Feb 15, 2014
Continue dying Trash.

~new yawk owt !
The Debil wrote:
... pain in my arm... can't breathe.......___

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1080455 Feb 15, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Debunked!!! LMAO!!!!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1080456 Feb 15, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're much too stupid to post on this subject babe__clueless plus__not worthy of the time it takes to read your nonsense.

Sorry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 3,202
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr honeymylove 2,603
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr ImPeach 242,522
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Ricky F 105,230
Looking for a girl 3 hr Tyrone Harris 5
Hire Dedicated PHP Developers For 1 Week Free! 3 hr Medma Infomatix 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SweLL GirL 11,160

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages