Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
992,141 - 992,160 of 1,101,103 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1078862 Feb 12, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to give you a pass on this one just because I've seen you do it once and I have faith in you. Relax. Take a deep breath and think positively.
Thinking positive requires me to shed my shell. Ion not willing to go to this extreme.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1078863 Feb 12, 2014
After the Katrina disaster, I did some research and found:

- The Governor is the only person who can ask the President to make a major disaster declaration.

- Bush had called Governor Kathleen Blanco ( and Mayor Ray Nagin ) on more then two occasions asking her to start the paperwork on The Declaration Process so he could release FEMA.

- Though New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin was also contacted by NOAA and The National Weather Service, told to immediately call for evacuation, Nagin ignored their warning and waited until the 11th hour and then only called for a partial evacuation.
His failing to implement a proper evacuation plan caused much more devastation to The People, many lives ...

And now the truth is all coming out ...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1078864 Feb 12, 2014
I love what taxes make people do....

"Holtz-Eakin and Maples(2001) find evidence that people who are born in states with larger inheritance and estate taxes tend to accumulate somewhat less wealth by the time they are old."

8000 households...sampled...

Slemrod, J. & Jon Bakija.(2004).'Taxing Ourselves: A Citizen's Guide to the Debate Over Taxes'. MIT : USA, page 345
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1078865 Feb 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet the western half of the nation is having a record warm year....
You think farmers are rooting for another ice age?

and....

'For First Time in 20 Years, Cold Records May Beat Warm'

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/for-first-...

Lapeer, MI

#1078866 Feb 12, 2014
new yawk wrote:
Two young electrons walk into a bar. The first one asks the bartender, "We'd like a couple of drinks and no resistance." The bartender says, "Resistance is futile." "Yeah?" said the second electron, "You give us the drinks or we'll bring you up on charges!" You know, something catchy.
Or how about the electron who started a weekly magazine covering current events?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1078867 Feb 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and most of that increase came before the ACA was just a glimmer in Obama's eye, didn't it?
in fact, premium increases have dropped dramatically since the implementation of the ACA.
The 5 million people who had their policies cancelled because of ObamaKare and had to purchase new policies say you're lying.

But, we're going to get a lot more data to use when the employer mandate is enforced. Corporations are going to just pay the penalty and dump all their employees onto ObamaKare because it's cheaper for them to do that. You're going to see at least 50 million people lose their insurance, and maybe as many as 100 million.(This is why Obama is unconstitutionally rewriting the ObamaKare law to suit political whim, and delay this disaster until after the next presidential election.)
Then, all those people will have to purchase a more expensive policy with a higher deductible from those same insurance companies.

The next time you are watching a real news program, take some notes. You're looking like an ignorant buffoon here.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1078868 Feb 12, 2014
new yawk wrote:
- The Governor is the only person who can ask the President to make a major disaster declaration.
- Bush had called Governor Kathleen Blanco ( and Mayor Ray Nagin ) on more then two occasions asking her to start the paperwork on The Declaration Process so he could release FEMA.
- Though New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin was also contacted by NOAA and The National Weather Service, told to immediately call for evacuation, Nagin ignored their warning and waited until the 11th hour and then only called for a partial evacuation.
His failing to implement a proper evacuation plan caused much more devastation to The People, many lives ...
Bush declared New Orleans a disaster area two full days before the storm hit, which released all federal assets for disaster to the authority of Governor Kathleen Blanco.
The Nagin city government of New Orleans collapsed the day before Katrina hit.
The Blanco state government collapsed when the storm came ashore.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1078869 Feb 12, 2014
new yawk wrote:
the president can send troops in to keep his citizens from harm. many precedents.

Bush did not have to wait for permission to act as he should have. yes, the gov and mayors screwed up also...

St. Croix valley

#1078870 Feb 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You think farmers are rooting for another ice age?
and....
'For First Time in 20 Years, Cold Records May Beat Warm'
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/for-first-...
bet they are hoping for rain...

are droughts usually associated with cold temps or warm temps?

you can try to argue with your thermometer if you want. but you are losing...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1078871 Feb 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, Bush had that power. he started that.
you really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about do you? i keep pointing out tha everything you talk about is entirely false and you just cannot accept that you aren't even in touch with reality...
time for your medication. rec time in the computer room must be over at your "hospital" soon, huh?
<span>
<nuts>
<clueless>
<indoctrinated dupe>

St. Croix valley

#1078872 Feb 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The 5 million people who had their policies cancelled because of ObamaKare and had to purchase new policies say you're lying.
But, we're going to get a lot more data to use when the employer mandate is enforced. Corporations are going to just pay the penalty and dump all their employees onto ObamaKare because it's cheaper for them to do that. You're going to see at least 50 million people lose their insurance, and maybe as many as 100 million.(This is why Obama is unconstitutionally rewriting the ObamaKare law to suit political whim, and delay this disaster until after the next presidential election.)
Then, all those people will have to purchase a more expensive policy with a higher deductible from those same insurance companies.
The next time you are watching a real news program, take some notes. You're looking like an ignorant buffoon here.
no they don't...their policy increases were still lower than the increases prior to the ACA.

again, you are in a total disconnect with reality and the facts.....

don't you get tired of having everything you post proven to be bullshit?

Lapeer, MI

#1078873 Feb 12, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Aw heck, ya beat me to it.
May the muse of upper handedness never leave you dry, mr. shinn ;)
Gay Mark Antony : "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your hands..."

Larry Sinclair to his lawn negro: "Hey, gimme a hand here, boy"

Gay Poker Player: "The best hand is under the table, boys"

OK....I'll give my hand a rest....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1078874 Feb 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, Bush had that power. he started that.
you really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about do you? i keep pointing out tha everything you talk about is entirely false and you just cannot accept that you aren't even in touch with reality...
time for your medication. rec time in the computer room must be over at your "hospital" soon, huh?
... typo

<spam>
<nuts>
<clueless>
<indoctrinated dupe>
<ignorant>
<one of those Saul Alinsky "relative truth" idiots>
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1078875 Feb 12, 2014
Good!'Cause you were posting to my doppelganger anyway.

"Shed My Shell" ... Not bad on the alliteration.

This song came to mind from those words: Think it was the "Shed My Skin" lyrical phrase.

PS But I still hate'chu !.... ;
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking positive requires me to shed my shell. Ion not willing to go to this extreme.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1078876 Feb 12, 2014
But "we're" discussing why the delay in FEMA. Why the delay in Evacuation Plan.

Those weren't Bush errors.

But both of those delays caused many deaths, much destruction and why Ray Nagin is facing charges.

And Bush is exonerated. Fault him for the flaws in deeds he IS/WAS guilty of.
Not another's ...
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the president can send troops in to keep his citizens from harm. many precedents.
Bush did not have to wait for permission to act as he should have. yes, the gov and mayors screwed up also...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1078877 Feb 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>bet they are hoping for rain...
are droughts usually associated with cold temps or warm temps?
you can try to argue with your thermometer if you want. but you are losing...
The driest, coldest, windiest continent on Earth is Antarctica, you fucking moron.
Look at the climate of the Western Siberian Lowlands, you goddam idiot.

Or, you could just keep up with the news and you'd know one of the problems a lot of veterans had when they went to Iraq was they didn't bring their cold weather gear with them because they probably listened to some goddam moron like you.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1078878 Feb 12, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Or how about the electron who started a weekly magazine covering current events?
Al Goldstein? Didn't he die a couple of months back?

Wonder what happened to Apple Annie?
NuculurNUTsurpri Zrd

Palm Coast, FL

#1078879 Feb 12, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a Not Me Worry NOT SURPRIZED troll. I'm sure, in time, topix will reinstate my trolling privileges, like the last time. I need to have patience.
Poor me and my other troll, WAXYWAXTURD. Love & trolling kisses! Not Surprized aka Waxywaxturd.
Not Surprized! LOL

St. Croix valley

#1078880 Feb 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<span>
<nuts>
<clueless>
<indoctrinated dupe>
yet absolutely true....

i noticed you couldn't counter this fact, could you? but then you never can with my posts...i'm not stupid enough to post things i cannot already prove as true. you do this all day everyday...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1078881 Feb 12, 2014
Low IQ voters....

2003, NPR, Kaiser, and Kennedy School of Government survey...

'Half of Americans (50%) donít know that in the past two years there has been a cut in federal income taxes.'

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PAYING ANY.....?????

'57 percent of Americans think that high income earners DO NOT pay their fair share of taxes...'

"More that six out of 10 (63%) think that low-income or middle-income people pay the highest percentage of their income in federal taxes."

'Only a quarter (25%) know that upper-income people actually pay the highest percentage.'

Harvard Univ.(2003).'NPR/Kaiser/Kenned y School Poll
Americansí Views on Taxes'. Retrieved 12 Feb 2014 from, http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,503
Laser Weapon 500mW Green Dazzler 19 min Use this on you 1
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 19 min THE CRACKHEADS 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 51 min J RULES 69,060
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 53 min SLY WEST 302
Second man charged in May homicide that left mo... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr gcaveman1 46,361
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago