Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418150 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1079680 Feb 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Isn't it great how historical fact has a way of not changing son?
Unless you're in public school. Anyway, you're obviously overjoyed, a**hole. I'm not. The more illegals Obama lets in, the smaller your chance of finding work.
Lnc

Greenville, SC

#1079681 Feb 13, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
DR. BEN CARSON: Well, I believe that what can happen is if people do not speak up for what they believe, they can be trampled. Their rights can be trampled to various and sundry degrees. Now, of course, the objective of many on the left is to take a single word that you're not supposed to say. You can't say Nazis you can't say slavery, that's political correctness as you well know. I do not believe in that. I think it's a bunch of crap and it doesn't really belong in the American system where we have freedom of speech and freedom of expression.
O'REILLY: All right you are not -- you don't regret using the buzz word Nazi. And what you pointed to historically is correct. What you said is absolutely correct I mean the German people the massive Germans were not members of the Nazi Party.
CARSON: Correct.
O'REILLY: And they just sat on their butts and they allowed the fanatics to take over that could not happen here because of our system in checks and balances. But I think what you are worried about is the Obama administration's policies in general taking root. Is that what you are worried about?
CARSON: Well there are a couple of things that I'm worried about. I'm worried about the fact that the populace is being silent and is not expressing what they believe because they are afraid. They have been intimidated.
O'REILLY: By whom?
CARSON: By the government, by the media and by the P.C. police.
----
Oh, yes, they have been intimated. And, yes, they are complacent.
Cigarettes out last freedom.
Wonder if Jesus wants poor families cut off food stamps and medicine?
You may have a serious problem with your libertarian political PC.
Doubt if you see the contradiction

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1079683 Feb 13, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know you have Obama derangenent syndrome. Obama is a cigarette smoker, you fool. When has he EVER
spoken about banning cigs?
That was A BUSINESS decision made by CVS.
He applauded that decision. But calls smoking marijuana a "bad habit". People used to say that about smoking cigarettes.

Congress is now pushing to ban e-cigarettes from the Capital. Which is vapor! It just looks like a cigarette.

Of course, they have to guzzle down their last drink at lunch before voting to ban vapor.

Can't you see the nonsense in all of this?

Orlando, FL

#1079685 Feb 13, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Flying the broom again for cigarettes, so how many packs a day?
At least you are off you favorite regular topics
Giraffes are more important than poor people
Ending welfare is Christian, certain of this are you ?
Benghazi
Birth certificates from Kenya
"His real father"
His grades a Harvard
How Blacks are running to the GOP ;-)
I'm joining Dr. Benjamin Carson's personal crusade against government control. It starts with mind control and socially ostracizing. Remember Germany in the 1930s? Jews were first socially ostracized. Before it became acceptable to dehumanize them.

Lnc

Greenville, SC

#1079686 Feb 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Washington law on pot means squat, because the law itself is illegal.....dealers are committing a federal felony that can be prosecuted in the future....
99th time you have posted this ...on 200 you get a prize?

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1079687 Feb 13, 2014
Now we know what Obama and the Frog President were discussing.

"At first we thought Reuters had been punk'd in its article titled "EU executive sees personal savings used to plug long-term financing gap" which disclosed the latest leaked proposal by the European Commission, but after several hours without a retraction, we realized that the story is sadly true. Sadly, because everything that we warned about in "There May Be Only Painful Ways Out Of The Crisis" back in September of 2011, and everything that the depositors and citizens of Cyprus had to live through, seems on the verge of going continental. In a nutshell, and in Reuters' own words, "the savings of the European Union's 500 million citizens could be used to fund long-term investments to boost the economy and help plug the gap left by banks since the financial crisis, an EU document says." What is left unsaid is that the "usage" will be on a purely involuntary basis, at the discretion of the "union", and can thus best be described as confiscation.

The source of this stunner is a document seen be Reuters, which describes how the EU is looking for ways to "wean" the 28-country bloc from its heavy reliance on bank financing and find other means of funding small companies, infrastructure projects and other investment. So as Europe finally admits that the ECB has failed to unclog its broken monetary pipelines for the past five years - something we highlight every month (most recently in No Waking From Draghi's Monetary Nightmare: Eurozone Credit Creation Tumbles To New All Time Low), the commissions report finally admits that "the economic and financial crisis has impaired the ability of the financial sector to channel funds to the real economy, in particular long-term investment."

The solution? "The Commission will ask the bloc's insurance watchdog in the second half of this year for advice on a possible draft law "to mobilize more personal pension savings for long-term financing", the document said."

Mobilize, once again, is a more palatable word than, say, confiscate.

And yet this is precisely what Europe is contemplating.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-12/euro...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1079689 Feb 13, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you're in public school. Anyway, you're obviously overjoyed, a**hole. I'm not. The more illegals Obama lets in, the smaller your chance of finding work.
And yet, he exports more of them.

You must hate that!!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1079690 Feb 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
our next President???...
If that happens, I'm moving to Australia.

Or paint myself in blackface and go on Welfare.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1079691 Feb 13, 2014
The Black Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, uh, uh, uh, now, Eisenstein. You bes' watch you mouth lest someone stick somethin' in it.
Take a leisurely stroll off the Eiffel Tower tonight, Dood.

Don't worry.

Your big mouth will act as a parachute.
Lnc

Greenville, SC

#1079693 Feb 13, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm joining Dr. Benjamin Carson's personal crusade against government control. It starts with mind control and socially ostracizing. Remember Germany in the 1930s? Jews were first socially ostracized. Before it became acceptable to dehumanize them.
You posted you were surprised by "Hitler's Dark side ..." So much for History

You will keep your Social Security and Medicare and hope the poor do well with fewer food stamps.

Your PC posts remain the same, just a different day LOL

Orlando, FL

#1079696 Feb 13, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Cigarettes out last freedom.
Wonder if Jesus wants poor families cut off food stamps and medicine?
You may have a serious problem with your libertarian political PC.
Doubt if you see the contradiction
Statism - centralized political control: the theory, or its practice, that economic and political power should be controlled by a central government leaving regional government and the individual with relatively little say in political matters.

Do you support statism? Do you believe you have a “right” to things the government will give you? And that the government has an obligation to take things from somebody else to ensure your right to a job, education, healthcare, housing, etc.

Are you a statist?
Lnc

Greenville, SC

#1079697 Feb 13, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. But have you been around a drunk or a pothead?
Or does Galt, the defender of freedom and personal choice, just single out which personal choice he doesn't personally happen to like and then ignores all the rest like the P.C. police?
Do you give a pass to drunks and the morbidly obese? Or do you want to ban their personal choices too?
Can't have it both ways.
Carol and Galt on the P.C. police. Funny

Appears Carol and Galt ARE the P.C. Police

Orlando, FL

#1079699 Feb 13, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted you were surprised by "Hitler's Dark side ..." So much for History
You will keep your Social Security and Medicare and hope the poor do well with fewer food stamps.
Your PC posts remain the same, just a different day LOL
Never said I was surprised by anyone's dark side - Hitler's either.

I believe it was Germans after 1945 who were though.

Orlando, FL

#1079700 Feb 13, 2014
DBWaiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, not always. I remember one time out on the delta in central Africa. I was driving my drilling rig real slow and careful like because there was a herd of elephants just a few hundred yards away and I didn't want to spook 'em. This nappy-headed engineer that was with me decides to jump out the truck and goes runnin' over to them elephants and yellin', "Hey fellas, look this way so I can take y'all's picture!" Well them elephants looked around all right, and then they charged that poor bastard and stomped him as flat as Kansas. My point being that sometimes it pays to keep quiet if you don't want to get trampled.
Well, we don't have to worry you will remain quiet. Just makes it easier for big government to trample all over you. Because big government isn't anything like a herd of spooked elephants. They have no fear. Because you wanted to keep quiet. And allowed them to wield power over you without making a single sound.
Lnc

Greenville, SC

#1079701 Feb 13, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said I was surprised by anyone's dark side - Hitler's either.
I believe it was Germans after 1945 who were though.
Your are so P C
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079702 Feb 13, 2014
Oh, good god my tits hurt so bad I could scream
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079703 Feb 13, 2014
I don't know if I can stomach any more shoveling for one lifetime? Screw winter!

Spokane, WA

#1079704 Feb 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Washington law on pot means squat, because the law itself is illegal.....dealers are committing a federal felony that can be prosecuted in the future....
"John Galt"
In my post I stated that by federal law that pot was illegal and that the feds could if they choose could prosecute. The pot business is not underground. It is open, the state requires you have a license, to grow, process or sell the stuff. All facets of the legal in the state of Washington pot business are easily available to the public.
You are correct, the feds could prosecute now or in the future. Hopefully they can find better ways to spend their time.
Peace

Orlando, FL

#1079705 Feb 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
don't assume anything until you have a written agreement signed by both parties...
verbal agreements for real estate are worthless....
Was just getting ready to point that out. Finding a home and agreeing on an offer is definitely the first big step - but just the first of many.

But not worried about the inspection on this house. And believe it's value will appraise high enough.

But you're right. It ain't over 'til it's over...and until both parties sign on the dotted line...and one party has a new set of keys.

And I don't even want to think about packing and moving.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079706 Feb 13, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>Dobbs is an idiot, just like you.
You tell 'em, chubby. When all else fails just blurt out what you're really thinking. Kudos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Instagram upload from windows 10 PC? 37 min jeskkaphilli618 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr District 1 222,404
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr PEllen 6,695
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr PEllen 9,381
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr PEllen 3,033
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr PEllen 1,932
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 1,466
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages