Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1743741 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1079933 Feb 14, 2014
conservatives on the wrong side of it again.....

Americans' Views of Russia, Putin Are Worst in Years

Clear majority view the Russian president and his nation unfavorably

Over the past year, Russia has pursued a much more aggressive stance on the world stage than at any time in the new millennium. In his first term in office, Putin was viewed more favorably than unfavorably by the American public, but Americans now see him in a clearly unfavorable light.

Russia itself, which the U.S. long viewed with suspicion during the Cold War days, has traveled a more complicated path since. While American sentiments have been mostly favorable over the past 20 years, it is obvious that Americans will react strongly at moments when Russia clashes with the U.S. The Chechnya conflict, the Iraq war, and now a multitude of factors -- Snowden, Syria, Putin's taking issue with American "exceptionalism," Ukraine, and Russia's anti-gay policies -- distinctly affect Americans' views of Russia and its leader.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/167402/americans-v...
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079934 Feb 14, 2014
When's the last time you visited Martinsburg or Berkeley Springs or a thousand other places where having an extra eye in the middle of your forehead is de rigeur?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1079935 Feb 14, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you stupid, lying ignorant dirtbag, they just take,take, take and produce nothing but crime and more welfare takers.
Hundreds of billions?
prove that, liar.
Aw, poor little Harmonious, he's getting frustrated, no answers, starts the namecalling, all the cards he has.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079936 Feb 14, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>You should be flagged and reported.
You gonna tie it on him or you want to pay me to? Fitty Dolla.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1079937 Feb 14, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do liberals worry more about the very small 1% or 2% of the population in the upper echelon who also happen to provide incomes for thousands of other people rather than trying to figure out ways to lift up those on the bottom with opportunities and encouraging better life choices to improve their circumstances?
Sounds more like envy than wanting to make a bad situation better for those in poverty..
Will bringing down the top do anything to help lift up the bottom?
The poverty industry provides libs with jobs and also buys them votes.

When you figure this welfare mess started with LBJ, we are working on 3 generations that have come to believe they are "entitled" to other people's money. This will only grow larger with time as the Marxists designed.

The highest correlator to household income is the aptitude (I.Q.) of the wage earners, not birth right circumstances, or even educational level per se.

On the other end, the highest correlator to prison populations is lower aptitude, followed closely by race.

Our "brown people" (blacks and AmerIndian Hispanics) do the very two things that the guvment itself says are certain predictors of socio-economic failure and guvment dependence-

They 1) drop out of school,

and

2) Have rampant illegitimate teen pregnancies.

And the brown people are WAY overly conspicuous vis-a-vis concomitant social pathologies-- proclivities to gangs, crimes, addictions, barrio/ghetto blight, single parent households, intractable welfare dependency.

The results speak for themselves.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1079938 Feb 14, 2014
"Is Vladimir Putin a paleo-conservative?" right wing commentator Pat Buchanan wrote in a column for Townhall yesterday. "In the culture war for mankind's future, is he one of us?"

With that simple question, Buchanan has done the unthinkable — empathized with Russia's evil president — and the online world is outraged.

"Putin is a killer, a despot, and a thief on a world-historical scale," the Daily Beast's David Frum tweeted this afternoon, "but the important thing is that he hates gays!"

But Buchanan's question (and the apparently positive answer he finds) deserves more than a mere dismissal. Indeed, it may represent a broader trend among U.S. conservatives that found some unlikely people sympathizing more with Russia's president than their own — just this summer, for example, Matt Drudge branded him the "leader of the free world."

In many ways, Putin really looks a lot like a U.S.-style conservative. On the social side, he supports organized religion (in particular the Orthodox Church) and doesn't support Russia's LGBT community, while fiscally he seeks a balanced budget and low taxes. He is hard on terrorism but also steadfast in his opposition to military intervention in Syria, which places him far more in the Republican camp than the Democratic camp.

"I am sure I could put together a long list of quotes that would make Putin seem like a card-carrying member of the Tea Party," economist Clifford Gaddy, co-author of "Mr Putin: Operative in the Kremlin," told Business Insider earlier this year.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/is-vladimir-pu...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1079939 Feb 14, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Not since before 1929 has the American worker received less percentage of profit from the companies they work for. You and most Repubs want a race to the bottom for American workers.
.\
Here's some info on your line of work.
The US is now a max EXPORTS of American oil. During the 1973 oil embargo there were limits put on exports of American oil.
But last week Repubs in the Congress started a Bill to lift the limits so American oil can go to China.
Repubs and big oil screwing America once again.
employees who want a percentage of the profits from the company they work for should buy stock in the company....
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079941 Feb 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Liberal mindset goes like this: if you are successful and have money then you must have stolen it somehow.
They base this on self-reflection. Liberals are envious that someone could be more crooked than they are and get away with it.
Of course, it goes without saying that all of this is irrelevant concerning Affirmative Action floozies and Liberal politicians because we all know they are honest, upstanding individuals.
Ummm. not quite. The portion of your argument which gives the lie to the rest is the "successful" part. We define the term differently. In our world a shitty little house on the lake in mosquito infested Michigan isn't exactly how one defines "success." In your world the possession of a domicile built by Mexican slave laborers or your Uncle Pete the Pederast, no matter how poorly built or white trashily just ghastly to look at somehow signals to the others of you that the temporary resident has "made it." You need to explore further than your housebound existence allows.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1079942 Feb 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
conservatives on the wrong side of it again.....
Americans' Views of Russia, Putin Are Worst in Years
Clear majority view the Russian president and his nation unfavorably
Over the past year, Russia has pursued a much more aggressive stance on the world stage than at any time in the new millennium. In his first term in office, Putin was viewed more favorably than unfavorably by the American public, but Americans now see him in a clearly unfavorable light.
Russia itself, which the U.S. long viewed with suspicion during the Cold War days, has traveled a more complicated path since. While American sentiments have been mostly favorable over the past 20 years, it is obvious that Americans will react strongly at moments when Russia clashes with the U.S. The Chechnya conflict, the Iraq war, and now a multitude of factors -- Snowden, Syria, Putin's taking issue with American "exceptionalism," Ukraine, and Russia's anti-gay policies -- distinctly affect Americans' views of Russia and its leader.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/167402/americans-v...
Where's the jobs, hedgehog?

BO the lying hypocrite promised them, where are they?

Top 3 American concerns, jobs, the economy and the ACA

Fail,fail,fail

Report: Sebelius Met With Obama 18 Times Before Botched Obamacare Rollout
NewsMax · 14 hours ago
two of Obama's closest advisers; White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough; and Chris Jennings, then a White House senior healthcare adviser during that…

Lies,lies and incompetance costing hundreds of millions of dollars
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079944 Feb 14, 2014
I do like the concept of Affirmative Action floozies but they are rarer than hen's teeth in my experience, which is a thing I imagine you know a thing or two about living as you do in squalor in the most provincial state in the union outside of.... well... West Virginia. I believe the word is: uncouth, unwashed, something like that.

“you know i know”

denver

#1079945 Feb 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, poor little Harmonious, he's getting frustrated, no answers, starts the namecalling, all the cards he has.
Fat tub of lard, the lying dirtbag Obama asskisser Dumb Davey started it, get your fat head out of your fat ass

Where's the jobs?
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079946 Feb 14, 2014
I recently re-seduced a girl from Michigan only to discover her shriveled breasts (padded bra) were topped (bottomed) by nipples the consistency of warm gummy bears. I've never chewed on such a thing before. Is yours like that?

“you know i know”

denver

#1079947 Feb 14, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, poor little Harmonious, he's getting frustrated, no answers, starts the namecalling, all the cards he has.
Fat idiot:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor people don't make hundreds of billions in profits you stupid sh*t.

Now, remove the twinkie and your foot from your gaping piehole
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079948 Feb 14, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Bunch of tea bag nonsense you sucked out of some other tea baggers azzhole.
Dude, is that really you? I missed you man, brother to brother, mano e mano, lightin' tires on the front lines of the culture wars.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1079949 Feb 14, 2014
Wacko Court in California....

defends Guns...? what?

"Ninth Circuit Strikes Down CA Law Restricting Concealed Carry"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1079951 Feb 14, 2014
Like cats?

Here. Curl up with one: http://tinyurl.com/l57lr2p
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1079953 Feb 14, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>You should be flagged and reported.
You should be flogged and deported.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079954 Feb 14, 2014
dem wrote:
The Debil is back?
Awesome!
He makes carol moist.
That not only is a real feat, it also disgusting, man. You think I make her nipples hard even at her age? She buyin' a condo she say. you reckon she gonna get her security deposit back ever? Capitalism, you gotta love it.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079955 Feb 14, 2014
Top 3 american concerns: me, myself, and I.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#1079956 Feb 14, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It's me.
Saving the universe.
Tossing a few moltovs at the lunatic fringe.
I love you, man. Right ARM!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr Julia 12,209
Word (Dec '08) 14 hr Julia 6,961
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 14 hr Julia 1,059
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 14 hr Julia 3,805
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 hr Julia 2,568
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 16 hr SumGuy 218
News 'It's just really strange': Who is beheading th... 18 hr 9rivers 5

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages