Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417600 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1079098 Feb 12, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Carol"
I would guess the point O'Reilly was trying to make is that CVC is a business, they sell products and it is their right to determine what their product mix will be.
Peace
lol! Guessing, praying, hoping, wishing... the top three endeavours of reich wingers.

Working doesn't making the list and is surpassed by crying, complaining, bitching, hating and pretty much every other word in the English dictionary!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1079099 Feb 12, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no idea why I picked that name out of thin air. Not a big fan of the super hero.
At least Lois Lane was an honest, no-nonsense character who tried to make a difference. But that name just popped into my head. For no real reason.
Should have picked Sacajawea. A real-life women who really did make a difference.
lol! No... no.... picking a comic book name is right up your alley son....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1079100 Feb 12, 2014
killtaker wrote:
More from Science...
'A controversial new study has found that annual mammograms may not help reduce breast cancer deaths and may increase the number of women unnecessarily getting treated for breast cancer.
The Canadian study tracked almost 90,000 women for 25 years, and found that having an annual mammogram between the ages of 40 to 59 did not lower the chance of dying from breast cancer more than having a physical examination.'
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/canadian-study-sh...
this is a bullshit government study designed to ration care by suggesting that mammograms detect small tumors that aren't worth treating....

so keep the women ignorant and happy and save money in the process....

welcome to the ObamaKKKare death panels.....
dem

Chicago, IL

#1079101 Feb 12, 2014
Well, I think it's clear that the end is near.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1079102 Feb 12, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Electrifying !
"Veni, Vidi, Vixi"

Or, if you're in Beijing at Rush Hour, "Veni, Vidi, I coughed"
dem

Chicago, IL

#1079103 Feb 12, 2014
Did you miss me?
Lnc

Greenville, SC

#1079104 Feb 12, 2014
On Monday, the Obama administration announced that it again will delay aspects of the Affordable Care Act's employer mandate, the New York Times reports.

The employer mandate requires businesses with more than 50 employees working 30 hours or more per week to provide affordable health insurance coverage to workers or face fines (Pear, New York Times, 2/10).
Details of Delay

The Department of Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service on Monday released a final rule that outlined the enforcement timeline of the mandate (Treasury release, 2/10). The changes included in the new regulations will affect both mid-sized and large companies.

Mid-sized businesses that employ 50 to 99 full-time workers will have another year to provide health insurance coverage to employees. These employers will not face fines for failing to provide coverage to workers until 2016, according to the final rule (Norman/Nather, Politico, 2/10).

Meanwhile, businesses that employ 100 or more full-time workers will be subject to the mandate starting in 2015. However, the final rule gives these employers more time to ramp up coverage. To avoid fines, large employers only need offer coverage to 70% of workers in 2015, rather than 95%. They will need to start offering coverage to 95% of workers in 2016 (Luhby, CNNMoney, 2/10).

The Department of Treasury in a news release noted that the rule change does not affect businesses that employ fewer than 50 individuals because the ACA does not require them to provide coverage to employees.

As a result, the employer mandate and the timeline change thus will affect only 4% of employers, according to the release (Treasury release, 2/10). However, the Washington Post notes that those businesses employ about 72% of all U.S. residents (Eilperin/Goldstein, Washington Post, 2/10).

Department of Treasury official Mark Mazur said, "While about 96% of employers are not subject to the employer responsibility provision, for those employers that are, we will continue to make the compliance process simpler and easier to navigate."

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1079105 Feb 12, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure?
I'm positive
Only fools are positive
Are you sure?
I'm positive!
nyuck, nyuck,nyuck
Hey! Wake Up and go to sleep!

nyuck, nyuck,nyuck
dem

Chicago, IL

#1079106 Feb 12, 2014
The truth is that if oral sex caused mouth cancer then I'm doomed!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1079107 Feb 12, 2014
killtaker wrote:
Medical Science....
always right...
well...
mammograms...
"What's more, the researchers found more than one million women have been treated for cancers that likely would never have posed a threat to their lives."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mammograms-lead-t...
you wanna bet your life on "likely" just to save a few bucks???...

people buy medical insurance to treat things like breast cancer, not for birth control pills and the kiddies sniffles....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1079108 Feb 12, 2014
Well, sorry to post and run again. But been busier than usual these days - and I'm pooped.

So goodnight everyone.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1079109 Feb 12, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Despite Ocommiekare, it's predicted in 10 years 31 million will be uninsured, the same number that were uninsured before.
Demorat supporters are sooooooo stupid.
Fail.
Galt suspects that the number of people who were previously uninsured and have actually purchased insurance (not Medicaid) through ObamaKKKare is miniscule....and obviously a state secret

Orlando, FL

#1079110 Feb 12, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! No... no.... picking a comic book name is right up your alley son....
I was probably thinking more about the box-office hits and sequels and the lead female who had a strong name and personality. I used to read Archie and Richie Rich.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1079111 Feb 12, 2014
OBAMANATION wrote:
Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin — who became the face of a desperate, drowning city during Hurricane Katrina — was convicted Wednesday on charges of accepting bribes from city contractors while in office.
Nagin, a DemoKKKrat who left office in 2010, was found guilty by a federal jury on 20 of 21 criminal counts, including bribery, conspiracy and wire fraud. Prosecutors said that Nagin accepted illegal gifts from contractors that began before Katrina hit, and continued afterward.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/former...
DemoKKKrats blame Bush for making Nagin take the money....

Orlando, FL

#1079112 Feb 12, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Carol"
I would guess the point O'Reilly was trying to make is that CVC is a business, they sell products and it is their right to determine what their product mix will be.
Peace
Just hope their customers don't buy a few six-packs and kill someone behind the wheel. Or an obese customer doesn't kill over in the parking lot after eating a few bags of their doughnuts.

It's caving to political correctness and hypocrisy. That's all it is.

Smoking is bad. Everyone gets that. But who gets to decide which personal choices are to be banned?

But have to say goodnight now.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1079113 Feb 12, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just hope their customers don't buy a few six-packs and kill someone behind the wheel. Or an obese customer doesn't kill over in the parking lot after eating a few bags of their doughnuts.
It's caving to political correctness and hypocrisy. That's all it is.
Smoking is bad. Everyone gets that. But who gets to decide which personal choices are to be banned?
But have to say goodnight now.
give it a rest...there are other places to buy cigarettes if you are determined to kill yourself.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1079114 Feb 12, 2014
R.I.P Sid Caesar.....

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1079115 Feb 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress does not have the authority to delegate legislative power to the Executive branch....
they gotta pass legislation themselves....
Congress an certainly pass a law & allow the administration leeway in its enactment.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1079116 Feb 13, 2014
new yawk wrote:
She can't use the screen name DEBIL because its been banned.
Though she will try to sneak a few posts in using it.
She's the ONE who has NO NAME. Well, I'm keeping mine.
Her Atmore, AL location has been flagged, so she has an IP Hider.
I already contacted Topix about it ... We'll see. She just confuses the thread.
That's her MO. And she wants to take the thread down, as she's stated.
Thanks Flack ...
<quoted text>
welcome

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1079117 Feb 13, 2014
killtaker wrote:
Science....
Deep Water Horizon oil spill...
remember...
the Seafood....save the seafood....
Well...
'Federal seafood safety response to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill'
"...Sensory and chemical methods were used to measure polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and dispersant in >8,000 seafood specimens collected in federal waters of the Gulf. Overall, individual PAHs and the dispersant component dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate were found in low concentrations or below the limits of quantitation. When detected, the concentrations were at least two orders of magnitude lower than the level of concern for human health risk..."
how bout cancer causing agents...?
"Overall, individual carcinogenic PAHs (Fig. 3) and noncarcinogenic PAHs (Fig. 4) were found at low concentrations or below the limits of quantitation...."
Yitalo, G. et al.(2012).'Federal seafood safety response to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill'. vol. 109 no. 50.
What did the media tell us about this spill?
Allow me to put some rat sh*t in your water supply. I'll keep it below the danger limit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 min PEllen 3,022
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 min PEllen 9,370
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 min GEORGIA 1,927
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min Sublime1 103,435
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min 2all 222,341
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 59 min Heretic 61,014
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Retired SOF 1,440

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages