Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
DEM R Idiots

Palm Coast, FL

#1077753 Feb 10, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, "thrusting" him would be a bad idea.
You're a little late, he's already won both terms in an election.
yeah, I thought you might like to "thrust" him. Your type usually does! Bwahahahahahaha...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1077754 Feb 10, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
OK now go postal lily!

We expect it!

Loser.

“guess who?”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1077755 Feb 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
true, but the middle class feels the pain more and are badly hurt by higher insurance premiums and deductibles for unwanted and unnecessary coverage....
Worried about losing the senate next November, Mr. Potato head now illegally puts off the next destructive mandate concerning business health policies.

Time for impeachment.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1077756 Feb 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
guns are needed to preserve our freedom....
I use one to shoot Liberal Flies off the sh ithouse walls.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1077757 Feb 10, 2014
WASHINGTON, DC – House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) released the following statement after the administration announced that the president has again unilaterally altered the implementation of ObamaCare.

“Once again, the president is giving a break to corporations while individuals and families are still stuck under the mandates of his health care law. And, once again, the president is rewriting law on a whim. If the administration doesn’t believe employers can manage the burden of the law, how can struggling families be expected to? This continued manipulation by the president breeds confusion and erodes Americans’ confidence in him and his health care law. We need fairness for all, with relief from ObamaCare for every American.”
- See more at: http://www.speaker.gov/press-release/boehner-...
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1077758 Feb 10, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
BS
Food stamps are a tool used by democrats to increase government dependency.
You really are quite the shill.
The USDA has conducted a massive campaign to increase the number of food stamp recipients, even hiring recruiters who must fulfill enrollment quotas. The USDA in its “Community Partner Outreach Toolkit” webpage gives ideas of how to spread awareness and increase enrollment. Ideas have been implemented such as SNAP-based bingo games for the elderly, food-stamp parties, and fliers that that read,”Be a patriot. Bring your food stamp money home.”
But it doesn’t stop here; the U.S. and Mexico began a partnership in 2004 to “provide information on eligibility criteria for Food and Nutrition Service programs,” and that includes disseminating a Spanish language flyer that tells undocumented immigrants,“You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit [food stamps] for your children.”
The U.S. also supplies 1/3 of the Puerto Rican population with food stamps, costing U.S. taxpayers roughly $2 billion annually. Clearly, food stamp programs have become more and more about numbers, instead of need.
More rabid rightwing propaganda at work

If you were to design the Platonic Ideal of a right-wing meme in the Obama era, it might go something like this:“The Obama administration has entered into an agreement with the government of Mexico to give food stamps to Mexican immigrants … the second you arrive here from Mexico.”

Food stamps! For immigrants — possibly illegal ones!— from Mexico! It’s a veritable orchestra of dog whistles. That was Daily Caller founder Tucker Carlson speaking with Laura Ingraham Tuesday, but he’s hardly alone. Oklahoma Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe told NewsMax this week of undocumented immigrants,“As long as we supply their demand here in this country, they’re going to figure out a way to get through. And I’m talking about with the food stamps.”

“In Mexico, there is no welfare. No food stamps. Now, a lot of them — Mexicans — want to come here,” Fox News host Bill O’Reilly said Monday.(Mexico actually has an expansive welfare state, including universal healthcare rights, social security and food assistance programs, though actual access is substantially lower than what’s technically on the books.)

Brian Kilmeade brought the outrage early one morning last month to Fox and Friends, noting that “while the sequester has hit and furloughs are going to happen, the USDA is promoting food stamps in Mexico.” Co-host Steve Doocy chimed in:“What a good reason to come to the United States — they get food stamps.”

So is the Obama administration luring immigrants to the U.S. with the promise of a cushy $33.35 a week in food assistance? The short answer is no. The long answer is that the program was actually started by Bush and that one has to be in the country legally for five years before even qualifying for food stamps.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/04/is_obama_givi...

“guess who?”

denver

#1077759 Feb 10, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
BS
Food stamps are a tool used by democrats to increase government dependency.
You really are quite the shill.
The USDA has conducted a massive campaign to increase the number of food stamp recipients, even hiring recruiters who must fulfill enrollment quotas. The USDA in its “Community Partner Outreach Toolkit” webpage gives ideas of how to spread awareness and increase enrollment. Ideas have been implemented such as SNAP-based bingo games for the elderly, food-stamp parties, and fliers that that read,”Be a patriot. Bring your food stamp money home.”
But it doesn’t stop here; the U.S. and Mexico began a partnership in 2004 to “provide information on eligibility criteria for Food and Nutrition Service programs,” and that includes disseminating a Spanish language flyer that tells undocumented immigrants,“You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit [food stamps] for your children.”
The U.S. also supplies 1/3 of the Puerto Rican population with food stamps, costing U.S. taxpayers roughly $2 billion annually. Clearly, food stamp programs have become more and more about numbers, instead of need.
The Farm bill should properly be called the Food stamp bill, 80% of it goes to food stamps.

“guess who?”

denver

#1077760 Feb 10, 2014
Mr. Potato Heads whips out his trusty pen ad allows more potential terrorists into the country.

Impeach this traitor now.
Democratic USA

United States

#1077761 Feb 10, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Obama a liberal scum marxist. and a warcriminal. And on the top of that he want to take you're guns.
Don't thrust him.
we already did, and still your president for 3 more years, deal with it.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1077762 Feb 10, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
That was in W Virginia, you boob. Mostly working poor and White.
Which has nothing to do with anything - but you're too stupid to realize that fact.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1077763 Feb 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wanted fewer people on food stamps you should quit electing Republicans that fomented the recession that cost millions the jobs they worked hard to get.
But hey, be a Republican & blame the victims.
Ah Yes, The Drawbacks: Backup Needed

And there are the drawbacks to geothermal. Alexandra Marks, a fan of geothermal writing in the Christian Science Monitor, notes the same thing my brother-in-law says: it’s expensive, a lot more expensive than simply installing a conventional heating system. Some places offer tax breaks and other incentives for installing geothermal, but they’re not common.

And the deep, dark, dirty secret of geothermal is that, frankly, you always need a backup system.

Moron.
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#1077764 Feb 10, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a popular fellow by the name of Ron Paul who could fill up stadiums and everything - Yet the marxist jewish media wouldn't let Ron Paul speak cause he was a danger for the elite.

And the media slandered him alot and made many obvious lies and frauds.

This is what Ron Paul said:

There were even election frauds.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1077765 Feb 10, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
That was in W Virginia, you boob. Mostly working poor and White.
food stamps promote obesity.....
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1077766 Feb 10, 2014
Democratic USA

United States

#1077769 Feb 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
White House announces another delay in ObamaCare employer mandate
Gee...
What a success!
Baawwaahhh!!!!
another lie and failure to provide a link, from another wrong nut, but that's to be expected.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1077770 Feb 10, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not retired; but I am a self employed independent contractor. I will be 59 tomorrow! I can't imagine retiring completely unless it was absolutely necessary. I enjoy my business.
My point is that the comments that you make are the type that wealthy people on the right make that hold the poor and working poor in contempt. You are working for an hourly wage and that makes you part of the working poor category; there is nothing wrong with that, but why do you have contempt for others in the same boat as you? I just don't get it.
"silly"
Happy birthday!!!
Enjoy!!!
Peace

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1077771 Feb 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The Farm bill should properly be called the Food stamp bill, 80% of it goes to food stamps.
and the rest is welfare also...it should just be called the welfare bill...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1077772 Feb 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Worried about losing the senate next November, Mr. Potato head now illegally puts off the next destructive mandate concerning business health policies.
Time for impeachment.
this type of devious behavior will just make things worse for the DemoKKKrats.....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1077773 Feb 10, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a popular fellow by the name of Ron Paul who could fill up stadiums and everything - Yet the marxist jewish media wouldn't let Ron Paul speak cause he was a danger for the elite.
And the media slandered him alot and made many obvious lies and frauds.
This is what Ron Paul said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DEPr48VUK0kXX
There were even election frauds.
ron paul ran on a platform of already proven failed policies, this is why no one listened to him..

you have pretty good idiomatic english...for a fake foreigner...
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#1077774 Feb 10, 2014
Well an election day is over then we can't do nothing about it? LOL - how reateded claim of you GOP.

Well you're pretty stupid. If the american people decided they got enought and lets say 50 mio people stoped paying taxes tommorow.

There would be absolutly nothing Obama could do about it.

The whole house of card would fall.

And as for you ameicans you are blessed with much bigger rights to buy weapons compared to us Europeans.

I bet you that there wouldn't be a thing the governemtn could do about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min loose cannon 178,625
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Jonah1 50,070
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 11 min Le Jimbo 4
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 22 min Common Sense 4,057
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 28 min scirocco 68,567
Abby 10-2 31 min Toj 5
Amy 10-2 36 min Toj 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 98,375
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]