Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1374433 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1078579 Feb 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
it costs Dave's lawn care service $25 in materials and labor to mow a lawn.....
Dave's customer has taxpayer-subsidized ObamaKKKare lawn insurance that will pay Dave $20 to mow the lawn....
Dave is overjoyed at the additional customers who will use his service....
Increased volume reduces the per hour costs.

Galt never ran anything other than his mouth or he would know these things
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#1078580 Feb 12, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. Particularly when there's a big-breasted redhead sprawled naked in my lap while the summer sun beats down on her sweaty, freckled body, pounding up and down like Lucifer's tail at a KISS concert.
Sexist too. You Libs are something!!!

Landisburg, PA

#1078581 Feb 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It would help your credibility if you could cite an executive order that violated the Constitution, then provided the text from the Constitution to support your contention.
Obviously, that wasn't included in your indoctrination sessioins. Must be because there weren't any.
But, if you know of one, please show it to us.

We're not talking about any executive order.

Did or did you not say the ACA gave Sebelius the power to decide everything.

It is a simple GD question., Quit running from it.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1078583 Feb 12, 2014
THOUGHT POLICE: Firms must swear Obamacare not factor in firings...

FOURNIER: Nearing 'impossible' to defend...

FUTURE: British 6-year-old denied surgery because of gov't 'budget cuts'...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1078585 Feb 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the ACA will pay people for services provided like lawn mowing?!?
the Obama nanny state knows no limits....

Obama will issue an Executive order today......

you humorless twit.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1078587 Feb 12, 2014
Foreigners amazed that we don't ID our voters....

"It's very difficult to transfer this system as it is to any other country. This system is built according to trust and this trust needs a lot of procedures and a lot of education for other countries to adopt it," Elabbar said.

The most often noted difference between American elections among the visitors was that in most U.S. states, voters need no identification. Voters can also vote by mail, sometimes online, and there's often no way to know if one person has voted several times under different names, unlike in some Arab countries, where voters ink their fingers when casting their ballots."

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1078589 Feb 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It would help your credibility if you could cite an executive order that violated the Constitution, then provided the text from the Constitution to support your contention.
Obviously, that wasn't included in your indoctrination sessioins. Must be because there weren't any.
But, if you know of one, please show it to us.
lol! You shouldn't demand from others what you don't have son.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1078590 Feb 12, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
“Frankly, Rand Paul spending a lot of time talking about the mistakes of Bill Clinton does not look like a big agenda for the future of the country,” Rove said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/11/karl...
Rove hates Republicans who want to win elections....
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

#1078592 Feb 12, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm... huh? There's a reason it's called Metro Goldwyn Mayer, schweetheart. Just calling a spade a spade, dearie. So, sue me, already.
There you go again, using a RAYSIS term to try to explain your first one. We alway knew the Democrats were the party of the KKK, but you guys have been trying to convince people they switched sides or something. Keep going and you going to lose your PC license.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1078594 Feb 12, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume you're using the metaphor of "lawn-mowing" for cunnilingus? I'll do it for free if she's not absolutely butt-ugly.
good one....

that was not the specific intent, but does fit the Obama agenda....

and dumbass Dave's limited abilities....

Landisburg, PA

#1078595 Feb 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
bullshit....
Medicaid is not insurance, but ObamaKKKare is crummy welfare insurance paid for by the taxpayers.....
You buy no insurance from the ACA. The ACA offers no policies.

The ACA does provide a framework where insurance companies can sell their policies called the exchanges.

Galt keeps proving he is really quite uninformed.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1078597 Feb 12, 2014
Lets spin....

"U.N. Poll Watchers Baffled U.S. Doesn't Require I.D. to Vote"

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1078598 Feb 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about any executive order.
Did or did you not say the ACA gave Sebelius the power to decide everything.
It is a simple GD question., Quit running from it.
In your rambling, you began blathering about executive orders. Keep track of your sockpuppets, moron.

You saw where ObamaKare is written so "The Secretary will determine...." everything, moron.
What is so difficult to understand about that?

Refer to my post with the specifics on how "the Secretary" is commanded to make all determinations at their political whim without any specification written into ObamaKare to dictate what requirements "the Secretary" must conform to.

Let's go over this again.
Congress, nor any law, has the authority to allow anyone to violate the Constitution. This is because the Constitution has higher authority than anything... ANYTHING... in the country. Period. End of statement. End of discussion.
Unless you are rebelling against the constitutional republic. Then, I guess we'll have to fight about that.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1078599 Feb 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Increased volume reduces the per hour costs.
Galt never ran anything other than his mouth or he would know these things
wait...if your mower is louder, it cuts down your cost?

is that why dickheads ride loud motorcycles and trucks with straight pipes?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1078604 Feb 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Foreigners amazed that we don't ID our voters....
"It's very difficult to transfer this system as it is to any other country. This system is built according to trust and this trust needs a lot of procedures and a lot of education for other countries to adopt it," Elabbar said.
The most often noted difference between American elections among the visitors was that in most U.S. states, voters need no identification. Voters can also vote by mail, sometimes online, and there's often no way to know if one person has voted several times under different names, unlike in some Arab countries, where voters ink their fingers when casting their ballots."
http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/...
Foreigners are also amazed that there are detailed voters lists at our polling places and that voters can have ballots mailed to their homes.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1078606 Feb 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<spam>
Your argument reads:
"The Attorney General hereby is delegated the power to approve the use for intelligence purposes, within the United States or against a United States person abroad, of any technique for which a warrant would be required,” 12333 reads.
The Constitution says:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
So, if your argument is against what is written in the Constitution, which is right?
(Start your response with your answer to this question.)
Here's the factual history, dumbass. I know these facts aren't in your indoctrination sessions.
Reagan never authorized violating the 4th Amendment to the Constitution and spy on American citizens without complying with the requirements specified in the 4th Amendment.
If you disagree, cite the event.
The Patriot Act allowed surveillance of international communication to specific terrorist organizations identified, and domestic communication specifically tied to the intelligence gained from the subject communications. There are no known cases of spying on Americans without evidence associating them with terrorist organizations.
If you disagree, cite the event.
What is happening now is exactly like what Hitler and Stalin and every mass murdering dictator did, spying on the population in general. This is a blatant violation of the 4th Amendment. Using the office of President to intentionally (assuming Obama has ever read the Constitution in his life and actually knows what's written in it) violate the Constitution is rebellion against the constitutional republic - treason. Additionally, there are existing laws preventing one agency from sharing someone's personal information with any other agency without complying with the requirements specified in the 4th Amendment. Obama (assuming he's actually in charge of anything) is in blatant violation of that law and should be sent to prison.
The NDAA of 2010 assumes Congress has the authority to give the President the authority to violate the 5th Amendment to the Constitution and just "disappear" anyone at his whim, just like Stalin did to eliminate any opposition to any part of his government when he murdered about 20 million Russians. That unconstitutional law is still in effect in every NDAA since.
Bush attorney general disappoints Hannity: Obama’s executive orders are legal

Former Bush Attorney General Michael Mukasey appeared on the Fox News Channel’s “Hannity” Wednesday night with a message that left the host looking rather disappointed.

Rebutting the Republican talk show host, Mukasey said that President Barack Obama’s executive orders so far have been legal, as much as he finds them distasteful. He even expressed agreement with the Supreme Court’s finding that the Affordable Care Act is constitutional, leaving Hannity looking perplexed.

Speaking about the president’s most significant executive actions thus far, Hannity exclaimed:“It seems me to be, by definition, abuse of power. A power grab if you will… Is it then unconstitutional in some instances?”

“I don’t think it’s unconstitutional in the sense that I don’t think it’s something you could get a court to find unconstitutional,” Mukasey replied.“We could have a debate about whether it’s consistent with the constitution or not, but there is a limited number of things that will get you into court to have that decided, and I don’t think any of the things you’ve enumerated are among them.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/17/bush-at...

Landisburg, PA

#1078608 Feb 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wait...if your mower is louder, it cuts down your cost?
is that why dickheads ride loud motorcycles and trucks with straight pipes?
I often thought that there should be electric powered 4 wheelers. They could come with a sound system & earphones to deliver the loud engine noises. Then I wouldn't have to listen as my neighbors drove them in circles over & over & over.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1078610 Feb 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Lets spin....
"U.N. Poll Watchers Baffled U.S. Doesn't Require I.D. to Vote"
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...
he Us doesn't have a national ID card like most do...so as we sit now, an ID law wouldn't really stop any perceived voter fraud...
M Stein

New York, NY

#1078612 Feb 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to any auction & buy a window A/C unit for $40, a used microwave for $20, used big screen for $50 or less, Used PC almost free. A VCR $10.
Are you really sure you want to use these as a symbol of well off???
"Understanding Poverty in the United States” The right whiner Heritage people's guide to not feeling guilty as they hand out 4 billion in oil subsidies to companies making tens of billions in profits but want to cut food stamps by 40 billion.
They used farmers as hostages to force a 9 billion cut in food stamps
"OMG we can't have poor people that aren't hungry!!! Starve those children more & maybe their worthless scum parents will find work" This fact that these same Republicans fomented the recession that cost millions of thee people their jobs. But hey, like I said "F*ck poor people", right Mr Stein.
Face it, the Republicans hate poor people. They can't stand them. Republican Congressmen gain favor with their base by cutting aid to the poor.
The biggest problem for the poor in America is obesity and multi-generational dependence on government instead of marriage as an institution.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1078613 Feb 12, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
I , NOT SURPRIZED, am a poor excuse for a human being. I, aka WAXYWAXTURD, am so poor, I am a constant boor..
Not Surprized! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Woj_Cebu 212,933
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 33 min RACE 101,718
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 50 min RACE 8,064
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 51 min RACE 2,241
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 52 min RACE 8,433
abby4-29-16 54 min RACE 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 58,768
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages