Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1251066 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1077523 Feb 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Happy Birthday from Realtime too lily. I can't believe that after five years Carol had no clue how old you were or about your occupation. Oh Well, narcissists only think of themselves and who knows what idiots think about.
Was pretty sure Lily was about my age or younger. So must have remembered that somewhere along the line. But if you asked Lily what most posters do - or did - pretty sure she'd be stumped. I'd be quite surprised if she remembered what I once did for a living.

But I don't take notes about posters' personal lives like some others apparently.

You've been on here a pretty long time too and, other than knowing you grew up on a dairy farm and served in the military and have been an advocate for veterans - I have no idea what you did for a living and not sure if anyone else does either.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1077524 Feb 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Why did Hillary lie to Congress, lie to the entire country, and lie to Ty Woods' father?
Is Obama committing treason by training and arming Al Qaeda and helping them invade a country?
Why is Al Qaeda sending suicide bombers from Iraq into Syria to kill the real Syrian rebels?
Still using your Josef Goebbels Nazi training manual, I see.

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.”
&#8213; Joseph Goebbels

"" The Senate Intelligence Committee made headlines last week by reporting that the 2012 attack in Benghazi was preventable. But frankly, we knew that. The deeper message of the bipartisan report was that Republicans in Congress wasted a year arguing about what turned out to be mostly phony issues.

The GOP's Benghazi obsession was the weird backdrop for foreign-policy debate through much of last year. Sen. Lindsey Graham used it as a pretext for blocking administration nominations. Rep. Darrell Issa used the issue to impugn the integrity and independence of a review conducted by retired Adm. Mike Mullen and former Ambassador Tom Pickering."

""Driving the Republican jihad was a claim, first reported in October 2012 by Fox News, that CIA personnel had wanted to respond more quickly to the Benghazi attack but were ordered to "stand down," perhaps by political higher-ups. Although this claim was promptly rebutted by CIA officials, it was repeated by Fox at least 85 times, according to a review by the liberal advocacy group Media Matters. This barrage fueled Republican charges that the Democrats were engaging in a cover-up.

The Senate Intelligence report addressed this inflammatory charge head-on. "The committee explored claims that there was a 'stand down' order given to the security team at the annex. Although some members of the security team expressed frustration that they were unable to respond more quickly to the mission compound, the committee found no evidence of intentional delay or obstruction by the chief of [the CIA] base or any other party."

The Senate panel also rejected the insinuation, made repeatedly by Republicans, that the Obama administration failed to scramble available military assets that could have defended the Benghazi annex and saved the lives of the four American victims. "There were no U.S. military resources in position to intervene in short order in Benghazi," the report says flatly. "The committee has reviewed the allegations that U.S. personnel ... prevented the mounting of any military relief effort during the attacks, but the committee has not found any of these allegations to be substantiated."

These are bipartisan findings, mind you, endorsed by the panel's Republican members as well as Democrats.""

----------

your Obama induced insanity is getting worse

Yes, you've obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.

""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""

Fits you perfectly, Dweeb

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1077525 Feb 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to tell us what you would do, moron.
(Refer to previous post for the questions.)
How many more panties do you have for today?
I don't have to pick anything.

Your idea that invading Iraq would be a response to getting Bin Laden in Afghanistan is beyond stupid.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1077526 Feb 10, 2014
Oh boy....

GSS...

'The National Data Program for the Social Sciences has been conducted since 1972 by NORC, A Social Science Research Center at the University of Chicago, with the support of the National Science Foundation."

http://www3.norc.org/GSS+Website/About+GSS/Na...

"According to the 1996 General Social Survey, those who strongly agreed that “the government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality” gave away $140 on average to charity. Among those who strongly disagreed, the average gift was $1,637."

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/be-...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1077527 Feb 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Was able to go part-time the last four years before I retired because we were in a good enough financial situation that I could - and I was very grateful for that. But the kind of job I had, the older I got, the more mentally demanding and stressful it became.
Am now working another part-time job and looking for another one to supplement my SS. Actually, bringing in more income now than before I retired.
Obamacare is going to change everything. And the jury is still out. Two more months, and the verdict will be in.
Ok, so you were working full time before at $15.00 an hour; assuming full time means 40 hours; that is $600 wk gross and roughly $500 net. You didn't have to drive to work, working at home has it's benefits, you don't need as many clothes or gas or spend money on lunches with co coworkers.$2000 a month without having to leave your home is not a bad living.

Now you have retired and collect Social Security and have a parttime job, and with another one, you say you are in better shape than before.

So how are you getting screwed ? Your insurance is through your husbands job and in a few years you will be eligible for Medicare. Therefore, Obamacare has no affect upon your life whatsoever.

It looks to me like you and your husband are doing alright and are shopping for a home on top of that because your husband qualifies for a low interest VA loan. Another social program.

You and your family have benefitted greatly from social programs that were instituted by the Progressive Liberals that you hate so much. The Republicans want to eliminate the pre existing conditions clause of the ACA and also make the elderly pay more than the young people; then, you would be screwed.

Perhaps you should be grateful. There are elderly widows, or single who can't work and live on a small social security and eat dog food in order to afford their medications.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1077528 Feb 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Check out the Forbes articles for a slightly different (honest) perspective. And stop being so stupid eh?
Realtime...

never lecture a lecturer.....

I am on the GSS for a reason....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1077529 Feb 10, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not retired; but I am a self employed independent contractor. I will be 59 tomorrow! I can't imagine retiring completely unless it was absolutely necessary. I enjoy my business.
My point is that the comments that you make are the type that wealthy people on the right make that hold the poor and working poor in contempt. You are working for an hourly wage and that makes you part of the working poor category; there is nothing wrong with that, but why do you have contempt for others in the same boat as you? I just don't get it.
Boca has a big market for elderly Bocajew prostitutes....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1077530 Feb 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Happy Birthday from Realtime too lily. I can't believe that after five years Carol had no clue how old you were or about your occupation. Oh Well, narcissists only think of themselves and who knows what idiots think about.
Thanks Realtime!

Lots of stink coming from Scott Rothsteins testimony about Charlie Crist and contributions; placement of judges etc. Let's see how it unfolds!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1077531 Feb 10, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>More of the Bush legacy, there were no Al-Queda in Iraq before Bush decided to invade.
Homer approves of radical Islamic terrorists as long as they are not al Qaeda.....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1077532 Feb 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
try reading closer....
they said that the plant processed diseased animals, but did not make it clear whether meat from any diseased animals was sold or merely rejected...
if some supplier ships a "diseased animal" to the plant, they will need to "process" the animal in some way....
either way, Obama's inspectors dropped the ball.....
I read it quite well, there would be no recall of that dimension without cause. Obamas inspectors! You're a trip
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1077533 Feb 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked poopsie__go find a real life..
Commie codespeak from the Jerry Sandusky of the Florida playgrounds....
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1077534 Feb 10, 2014
<quoted text>
I read it quite well, there would be no recall of that dimension without cause. Obamas inspectors! You're a trip
It's your trip on vodka.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1077535 Feb 10, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
He is fun to mock. And believe me, it bothers him greatly to see his ignorance taken down.
So he rinses and repeats. If you've noticed, that's what they all do, from Nobraina to Aunt Fattie to Waxman to Dweeb to Flake.
The are believers in Josef Goebels dictum:
“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.”
&#8213; Joseph Goebbels
Stupidity like Dweebs is why the teabaggers have never won an election and never will win an election.
Even the Republlicans consider them to be as toxic as Al Queda.
i really do not believe he is in full touch with reality. his lies show him to be believing that what he says might actually be true...

definitely all the signs of a serious mental health issue...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1077536 Feb 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer approves of radical Islamic terrorists as long as they are not al Qaeda.....
there were radical islamic terrorists in Iraq before bush invaded? who? where? when?
dem

United States

#1077537 Feb 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>Commie codespeak from the Jerry Sandusky of the Florida playgrounds....
Another tea bagger that has trouble with child rape thoughts that dominate his thinking.
dem

United States

#1077538 Feb 10, 2014
What happened to that Pusscccee Ray Donovan?
Lol
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1077539 Feb 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Thanks Realtime!
Lots of stink coming from Scott Rothsteins testimony about Charlie Crist and contributions; placement of judges etc. Let's see how it unfolds!
does Crist have any opposition for the DemoKKKrat nomination???...

Kendrick Meek???...
dem

United States

#1077540 Feb 10, 2014
<quoted text>Ok, so you were working full time before at $15.00 an hour; assuming full time means 40 hours; that is $600 wk gross and roughly $500 net. You didn't have to drive to work, working at home has it's benefits, you don't need as many clothes or gas or spend money on lunches with co coworkers.$2000 a month without having to leave your home is not a bad living.

Now you have retired and collect Social Security and have a parttime job, and with another one, you say you are in better shape than before.

So how are you getting screwed ? Your insurance is through your husbands job and in a few years you will be eligible for Medicare. Therefore, Obamacare has no affect upon your life whatsoever.

It looks to me like you and your husband are doing alright and are shopping for a home on top of that because your husband qualifies for a low interest VA loan. Another social program.

You and your family have benefitted greatly from social programs that were instituted by the Progressive Liberals that you hate so much. The Republicans want to eliminate the pre existing conditions clause of the ACA and also make the elderly pay more than the young people; then, you would be screwed.

Perhaps you should be grateful. There are elderly widows, or single who can't work and live on a small social security and eat dog food in order to afford their medications.
Logical thinking is not part of carols thought process.
Happy Birthday!
Heinz57

Palm Coast, FL

#1077541 Feb 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i really do not believe he is in full touch with reality. his lies show him to be believing that what he says might actually be true...
definitely all the signs of a serious mental health issue...
That's Obama for you!
dem

United States

#1077542 Feb 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Helping the middle class was just another song and dance. The middle class won't be able to choose to pursue their dreams of being a famous artist or watching soap operas. They have to work full-time and won't get the government subsidies as the new generation of government-dependent beatniks who will.

You must not have been looking at your check stubs since January 2013. Everyone is getting less. That's when payroll taxes went up.

Wait until we have to bail out the insurance companies.
So you agree that trickle down economics have been a complete failure as far as the middle class is concerned. Maybe there is hope for you. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Coffee Party 192,131
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min Red_Forman 6,143
Word (Dec '08) 16 min Red_Forman 5,324
Eats shoots and leaves... 27 min Bear feeds on Cou... 2
News She Lost Three Kids to ChiraqBy Michael Daly 30 min Much Ado Bout Nada 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 34 min Sublime1 99,890
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr No Warming 53,946
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages