Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264094 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1077232 Feb 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you can be a christian and not believe jesus is the son of god. specifically the god of the bible., the old testament...?
all you have to do is answer this question honestly and we are done here...
Let's go over my answers.
I never claimed to believe in the deity of Jesus.
Christianity is about the principles written in the New Testament, most notably peace, love, universal acceptance and tolerance. Considering you support Al Qaeda, you don't believe in peace. You're instigating class warfare, you don't believe in love. You're a race-baiting bigot, you don't believe in universal acceptance. You joined the Islamist terrorists, you don't believe in tolerance.

Thanks for playing. Next?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1077233 Feb 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are obviously not smart enough to know if you are or not...that doesn't matter and is irrelevant.
to be a christian. one has to accept that jesus was the son of the god in the old testament. this is fact you cannot dispute.
I'm thinking the Al Qaeda terrorists the US is training on a US military base in Jordan that slaughter entire villages in Syria because they have a Christian heritage thinks the same way you do.
So, were you a terrorist your entire life? Or, did you become a terrorist after some revelation?
What was that revelation?

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1077234 Feb 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confirming what I knew about you.
I know about heat exchangers, dolt. You don't.
Well let's see. You've "never" installed anything, I've installed "entire" multiple types of systems and you are the authority?
Baawwaahhh!!!!
Typical liberal.
Let's review.

1) You said geothermal HVAC systems can work as a stand alone HVAC in colder areas. I proved that wrong

2) You confused geothermal HVAC systems with air to ar heat pumps. I had to explain it to you

3) You sad that the presence of rock prevents holes from being drilled for ground loops. Again, this was ultra stupid.

Evidently, you don't know squat about geothermal systems.

You may have installed heat pumps but you obviously do not how how they work.

Landisburg, PA

#1077236 Feb 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you own and drive a vehicle, you are significantly at a higher risk of death by accident."
If you own and use a chainsaw, you are significantly at a higher risk of limb-loss by accident."
If you own and use OTC Drugs and keep them in your house, you are at a significantly higher risk of having someone poisoned by them in your household."
"If you are wealthy, you are at a significantly higher risk of being robbed and murdered for being a target of both of these actions"
Wake up, little boy:>
"Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics"
---- Samuel Clemens
Everyday you weigh the odds of an accident with the need to drive somewhere.

When you run a chain saw, just like with most power equipment, you take the risk of an accident.

When you keep drugs in your house, you do increase the odds.

It doesn't change that:

when you keep a gun, you increase the odds of accidents, murder, suicide. The odds are that these things are likely to occur at a higher rate that that same gun being utilized in self defense.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1077237 Feb 10, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! The Rights Anti- Guvmint paranoia in 2014 can only be described as 'Mindless'.
So, the founders got it all wrong when they wrote a Constitutioin establishing checks and balances instituted with three co-equal branches of government, right? And they got it wrong again when they instituted the principle that the people can change the people in government if they don't like the direction the government is going, right? And they got it wrong again when they instituted the principle of limited government, right?

Be design and definition, governments are not to be trusted. If this weren't true, then there'd be no need for democracy.
You, and Obama, would know this if you A) had an education in history; and B) ever read the Cosntitution at least once in your life.

You're an idiot.

Landisburg, PA

#1077238 Feb 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most homes have knives. Even big ones. Slippery floors and electric mishaps probably cause more accidents in the home than guns.
Knives are needed to cook & eat.

Floors are needed to walk upon.

Electric is needed for lights, appliances & heat assist.

Guns are needed for what? Are the risks worth the low potential for self defense?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1077239 Feb 10, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Piss-Ant sore loser!
Equivocate all you want.
You STILL lost and Obama WON!
At least he didnt need the Supreme Court to cut him a break to get into office!(Twice!)
And you seem to be leaving out his Victory in the popular vote? Lmao!
I see you're also pretending to be ignorant of the fact that the Democrats were busted for programming voting machines to steal votes.
Finding the places where the Democrats were so stupid they programmed the voting machines to steal 100% of the vote is child's play. Finding the places where the Democrats weren't so stupid they programmed the voting machines to steal 100% of the vote, and instead programmed the voting machines to steal one in three or one in four votes is virtually impossible.

What percentage of the Demcorats programming the voting machines to steal votes were so stupid they programmed the voting machines to steal 100% of the vote? That would normally be less than 10% of humans being that stupid, and more likely less than 5%.

Nobody knows what the vote was. If you want a recount, with computer voting machines, there's nothing to count.
So, today, we don't have a democracy anymore. How long do you think it will be before Americans fight over that?

You'd be one of the Democrats that would be stupid enough to program the voting machines to steal 100% of the vote, wouldn't you?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1077240 Feb 10, 2014
You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!
AP
NAACP Requires Marchers Protesting Voter ID Law To Show Photo ID
FacebookTwitter Share Email
(Daily Caller)

North Carolinians marching to protest voter-ID laws must present a valid photo ID to participate in an NAACP-hosted protest against voter-ID laws in Raleigh on Saturday.

The central claim among the protesters is that the voter-ID laws disenfranchise certain segments of the voting population, particularly minority voters and poor voters.

According to official NAACP flyers passed out at the rally, protesters must carry the precise kind of ID that they would be expected to present at the voting booth.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1077241 Feb 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's review.
1) You said geothermal HVAC systems can work as a stand alone HVAC in colder areas. I proved that wrong
2) You confused geothermal HVAC systems with air to ar heat pumps. I had to explain it to you
3) You sad that the presence of rock prevents holes from being drilled for ground loops. Again, this was ultra stupid.
You haven't got a clue how geothermal principles work. You think sinks and sources are infinite, moron.
Besides, you're a global warming nut.

Please explain to us again how a single house operates with the same effectiveness as when you put a thousand houses using the same sink and source. I'd love to hear that again.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1077242 Feb 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Knives are needed to cook & eat.
Floors are needed to walk upon.
Electric is needed for lights, appliances & heat assist.
Guns are needed for what? Are the risks worth the low potential for self defense?
To fight against bullies intent of making subjects of the people and slaughtering them to bend them to their will and take over a government and turn it rogue.

Oh, yeah. Guns are needed to blow your ass away when you try to sneak through my window to rape my wife of steal my stuff.
Guns are also needed to protect someone who chooses to not arm themselves when you play the knockout game with them or mug them.
Guns are needed when you try to rob that convenience store you just pulled up into.

Next question?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1077243 Feb 10, 2014
Yep! What all us who aren't brain dead libtards knew all along!!!!

(Washington Free Beacon)

A panel of terrorism and national security experts at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies said Wednesday that al Qaeda’s brand is the strongest its ever been, contrary to administration claims.

Bruce Hoffman, the director of the Center for Security Studies, said that the terrorist group has become more dangerous and has a larger international presence than eight years ago.

“You no longer have one big threat in one place with one clear leader, but many threats in a variety of places,” Hoffman said.“That I think is testimony to al Qaeda’s power. Al Qaeda is present today in more places than it was eight years ago, that’s indisputable.”
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1077244 Feb 10, 2014
flack wrote:
(Washington Free Beacon)
A panel of terrorism and national security experts at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies said Wednesday that al Qaeda’s brand is the strongest its ever been, contrary to administration claims.
Bruce Hoffman, the director of the Center for Security Studies, said that the terrorist group has become more dangerous and has a larger international presence than eight years ago.
“You no longer have one big threat in one place with one clear leader, but many threats in a variety of places,” Hoffman said.“That I think is testimony to al Qaeda’s power. Al Qaeda is present today in more places than it was eight years ago, that’s indisputable.”
so which country with a government that has no ties to al Qaeda should we invade this time?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1077245 Feb 10, 2014
flack wrote:
(Washington Free Beacon)
When Bush left office, Al Qaeda was holed up in caves with the Taliban in the mountainous tribal region on the Afghan-Pakistan border.
Since Obama was named president, Al Qaeda has grown to be bigger and stronger than they had ever been in their history, and are able to attack the United States thousands of miles away from the caves Bush had them holed up in, and can invade a country like Syria and fight a full-scale war with the Syrian army.
Only an idiot would think there isn't a connection.

So, we have a question that needs to be answered.

Since Al Qaeda has declared war against the United States, does that constitute Al Qaeda being an enemy of the United States, as referenced in the Constitution when it defines treason?

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Is giving Al Qaeda arms and munitions treason?

Is ordering Al Qaeda terrorists be trained on a US military base in Jordan, then armed and sent to to invade another country treason?

Is helping Al Qaeda capital treason?

Is this related to the Democrats' plan to introduce a bill in the Senate to eliminate the death penalty for treason?(Just for treason. No other crime is referenced.)
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1077246 Feb 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's review.
God are you dumber than sh*t!

Let's review.

1) You meant to say "cannot" in this sentence. I said many people need a backup system due to the prohibitive cost depending upon their situation.
2) Wrong again.
3) Wrong again. Drilling through rocks, like the one in your head, is more expensive than drilling through sand.

Is there anything else you can screw up moron?

It's no wonder Obama was elected, with morons like you running around!

Now go back and argue with yourself some more, idiot!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1077247 Feb 10, 2014
flack wrote:
(Washington Free Beacon)
FDD is a neoconservative think tank based in Washington D C, Clifford D May serves as it's president.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1077248 Feb 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so which country with a government that has no ties to al Qaeda should we invade this time?
Why don't you tell us which country would give us the best chance of kickingtheshit out of the Suni Islamist jihad.
It looks like we need to invade the United States and kick the Suni Islamists helping Al Qaeda out of the White House.

So, given Al Qaeda has declared themselves an enemy of the United States and is actively engaging in a war against the United States, is it treason to help Al Qaeda? Is it treason to give arms and munitions to Al Qaeda? Is it treason to order the US Armed Forces to train Al Qaeda terrorists on a US millitary base in Jordan? Is it treason to arm Al Qaeda terrorists and send them to invade another country?

Is it treason to be part of the planned assassination of a US ambassador in Benghazi?

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

Landisburg, PA

#1077249 Feb 10, 2014
flack wrote:
(Washington Free Beacon)
So, instead of a powerful centralized Al Qaeda capable of pulling off a 9-11, we have a bunch of smaller scattered localized Al Qaeda groups.

Of course, the team of former Republican administration people would find a way to make it seem worse after they failed to get Bin Laden.

I'll take the smaller scattered independent groups of Al Qaeda over the centralized beast any day.

More right whiners twisting the truth top further their political agenda.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1077250 Feb 10, 2014
being the bully who's never wrong comes with a price....

FreedomWorks Chief Says GOP Senators Are Killing His Group's Funding

As part of their efforts to avoid the unforced errors that have cost them in the last two elections, Republicans have been playing "hardball" with would-be donors to a leading tea party group.

FreedomWorks chief Matt Kibbe told the New York Times in a story published Monday that leading Republican lawmakers have done their part to block donations to his group.

“I’ve been told by a number of donors to our ‘super PAC’ that they’ve received calls from senior Republican senators,” Kibbe told the Times.

Kibbe said those donors simply told him,“I can’t give to you because I’ve been told I won’t have access to Republican leadership."

"So they’re playing hardball," Kibbe said.

FreedomWorks is backing a number of conservative candidates trying to unseat GOP incumbents such as Mitch McConnell in Kentucky.

And while the effort has drawn the ire of Republican leadership, Kibbe doesn't mind his insurgent role. In October, he suggested that there's a "real possibility" that the GOP splits into two factions.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/matt-ki...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1077251 Feb 10, 2014
Since Al Qaeda has declared war against the United States, does that constitute Al Qaeda being an enemy of the United States, as referenced in the Constitution when it defines treason?

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort."

Is giving Al Qaeda arms and munitions treason?

Is ordering Al Qaeda terrorists be trained on a US military base in Jordan, then armed and sent to to invade another country treason?

Is helping Al Qaeda capital treason?

Is this related to the Democrats' plan to introduce a bill in the Senate to eliminate the death penalty for treason?(Just for treason. No other crime is referenced.)

Landisburg, PA

#1077252 Feb 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you tell us which country would give us the best chance of kickingtheshit out of the Suni Islamist jihad.
It looks like we need to invade the United States and kick the Suni Islamists helping Al Qaeda out of the White House.
So, given Al Qaeda has declared themselves an enemy of the United States and is actively engaging in a war against the United States, is it treason to help Al Qaeda? Is it treason to give arms and munitions to Al Qaeda? Is it treason to order the US Armed Forces to train Al Qaeda terrorists on a US millitary base in Jordan? Is it treason to arm Al Qaeda terrorists and send them to invade another country?
Is it treason to be part of the planned assassination of a US ambassador in Benghazi?
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
You do realize that the Senate report did not say Al Qaeda attacked the Consulate in Benghazi. Right?? Certainly you are informed enough to know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min jimi-yank 54,339
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Jacques Ottawa 194,650
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... 1 hr chimpcago 1
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel for awes... 3 hr The Cloud 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr CrunchyBacon 100,287
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 7 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 7 hr Magonigol 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages