Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276513 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1077033 Feb 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a gun in your home brings more danger through murder, suicide & accidents than that gun will be used in self defense.
the purpose of the Second Amendment was not to protect rights to hunt or for self defense, both of which were assumed, but to protect the Republic against tyrannical assumption of power by the government contrary to the Constitution...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1077034 Feb 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
A sockpuppet who personally knows people??
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
But then, you're a compulsive liar with a Waxman as puppetmaster.
What you know can fit on the head of a poppy seed with room to spare, dud.
Just as we proved when we ran off your puppetmaster with his stupidity concerning geothermal energy.
----------
http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/160/10/...
""Guns in the Home and Risk of a Violent Death in the Home: Findings from a National Study""
""Data from a US mortality follow-back survey were analyzed to determine whether having a firearm in the home increases the risk of a violent death in the home and whether risk varies by storage practice, type of gun, or number of guns in the home. Those persons with guns in the home were at greater risk than those without guns in the home of dying from a homicide in the home (adjusted odds ratio = 1.9, 95% confidence interval: 1.1, 3.4). They were also at greater risk of dying from a firearm homicide, but risk varied by age and whether the person was living with others at the time of death. The risk of dying from a suicide in the home was greater for males in homes with guns than for males without guns in the home (adjusted odds ratio = 10.4, 95% confidence interval: 5.8, 18.9). Persons with guns in the home were also more likely to have died from suicide committed with a firearm than from one committed by using a different method (adjusted odds ratio = 31.1, 95% confidence interval: 19.5, 49.6). Results show that regardless of storage practice, type of gun, or number of firearms in the home, having a gun in the home was associated with an increased risk of firearm homicide and firearm suicide in the home.""
----------
Are you planning your suicide by gun soon??
I hope so. Spare this planet your inbred stupidity, dud.
The only bit(!) of truth in your little daycare rant here is this: " What you know can fit on the head of a poppy seed with room to spare, dud."

Considering that the entire Instruction Set for creating my illustrious body sits inside of my DNA of which a Poppy Seed could contain many trillions of........you have just made an azz of yourself again. You have a talent for this.

Your article has many holes in it. Almost as many as in your defective personality.

For example, they used "Proxy respondents" when investigating decedent's lifestyles and home environments.

" Homicide victims were mostly male, less than 35 years of age, and of racial or ethnic minority status." - interpretation: black males get shot a lot.

Gee, and they had to conduct a study for this and camouflage it in "academiaspeak"??

When you fish in a sewer, don't go around bragging about the big one you caught, azzhole:)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1077035 Feb 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...but Karma's confession is bad for my stomach.
Karma likes his buddy to pack his fudge...different strokes.....

Lapeer, MI

#1077036 Feb 9, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"Having a gun in your home significantly increases your risk of death — and that of your spouse and children.
And it doesn’t matter how the guns are stored or what type or how many guns you own.
If you have a gun, everybody in your home is more likely than your non-gun-owning neighbors and their families to die in a gun-related accident, suicide or homicide."
http://www.minnpost.com/second-opinion/2012/1...
"If you own and drive a vehicle, you are significantly at a higher risk of death by accident."

If you own and use a chainsaw, you are significantly at a higher risk of limb-loss by accident."

If you own and use OTC Drugs and keep them in your house, you are at a significantly higher risk of having someone poisoned by them in your household."

"If you are wealthy, you are at a significantly higher risk of being robbed and murdered for being a target of both of these actions"

Wake up, little boy:>

"Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics"

---- Samuel Clemens

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1077037 Feb 9, 2014
Frits wrote:
I'm from Europe and I hope you people will choose another president as soon as possible. This one is a dangerous man, the worst you ever had. Using NSA services, he betrayed both you the people of the US and us as civilians of friend countries. In my opinion hat cannot be repared ever again.
That's what some of us have been trying to tell some others on here for the past five years.

Personally, I equated the election in 2008 as the country being hijacked. Haven't wavered from that opinion since.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1077038 Feb 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
just as Hitler never personally threw a single Jew into the gas chambers, Hillary has an army of drones to do her dirty work.......
now, go back to the kiddie soccer field, pervert.....
poor baby. no one wants to play with you on the kddie field eh?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1077039 Feb 9, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Truth is that Obama like so many other presidents have lied their way. Obama has created more wars and conflict has raised taxes and has kneeled to the zionist lies.
He supports gun control.
A president who has bombed Libya and murdered thousands of innocent women and children there shoudn't get any peace prize - He should be judged as a war criminal.
but hey Obama is the head of the state you can't get the state to judge the head of the state.
Most US Politicians are war criminals.
Din idiot. Gå din vej. Regnen har påvirket din hjerne.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1077040 Feb 9, 2014
Frits wrote:
I'm from Europe and I hope you people will choose another president as soon as possible. This one is a dangerous man, the worst you ever had. Using NSA services, he betrayed both you the people of the US and us as civilians of friend countries. In my opinion hat cannot be repared ever again.
Your concern is noted and agreed with.

However, the problems with NSA spying are only a very small part of the crimes committed by Obama.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1077041 Feb 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
convicted by unethical behavior by union cops and sanctioned by DemoKKKrat politicians.....
should the cops who coerced the false confession be prosecuted???...

or at least have their pensions revoked???...

Lapeer, MI

#1077042 Feb 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY WAXMAN!!
Your sockpuppet is making a bigger fool of himself than you did earlier today!!
Are you doing this on purpose to take the heat off your stupidity concerning geothermal energy??
Yes, I thought so.
----------
""But there is a more fundamental problem with the idea that guns actually protect the hearth and home. Guns rarely get used that way. In the 1990s, a team headed by Arthur Kellermann of Emory University looked at all injuries involving guns kept in the home in Memphis, Seattle and Galveston, Tex. They found that these weapons were fired far more often in accidents, criminal assaults, homicides or suicide attempts than in self-defense. For every instance in which a gun in the home was shot in self-defense, there were seven criminal assaults or homicides, four accidental shootings, and 11 attempted or successful suicides.
The cost-benefit balance of having a gun in the home is especially negative for women, according to a 2011 review by David Hemenway, director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center. Far from making women safer, a gun in the home is “a particularly strong risk factor” for female homicides and the intimidation of women.
In domestic violence situations, the risk of homicide for women increased eightfold when the abuser had access to firearms, according to a study published in The American Journal of Public Health in 2003. Further, there was “no clear evidence” that victims’ access to a gun reduced their risk of being killed. Another 2003 study, by Douglas Wiebe of the University of Pennsylvania, found that females living with a gun in the home were 2.7 times more likely to be murdered than females with no gun at home.""
When intelligent people show tenacity, it is admirable.

When chicken-skulls like nutsack keep hitting their peckerheads against a wall, it is comedy.

You probably get paid in chicken-feed, too:)

The above stuff, once again, is full of holes as I mentioned earlier.

Did you get this kurapp from Mad Magazine or Oxygen?

Or off the sh ithouse wall?
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#1077043 Feb 9, 2014
I'm european. I think USA is superior to Europe on many things like for example more free gun laws. More freedom in diffrent places.

but in other areas i see USA turn into a police state. You have the largest prison population on earth. You have invaded many countries and killed hundred of thousand of innocent people.

USA is a zionist puppet.

USA was started as an libertaraian country without christianity and without any police state. It was a libertaraian non christian country with lots of armed people and not a expansionist millitary.

Orlando, FL

#1077044 Feb 9, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>poor baby. no one wants to play with you on the kddie field eh?
Probably because Galt is a mature adult and doesn't hang around with friends your age...<rim shot>.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1077045 Feb 9, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
Politics all around the world is primitive: Politics is only driven by taxes and threats of violence. Evolve beyond this stupid supersticion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BNIgztvyU2UXX
LOL. You're little mind can't possibly comprehend the greatness of America. You're like a cryogenically frozen caveman waking up in the 21st century. I suggest you just go back to sleep and let the world pass you by as it has since the days of the Vikings.
E23Jer34

Klaksvík, Faroe Islands

#1077046 Feb 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
should the cops who coerced the false confession be prosecuted???...
or at least have their pensions revoked???...
Thats a great idea. But the "law" won't allow that.
The state is a monopoly on violence.

A state isn't about law and order it's about exceptions from the laws.

you can't use violence to acheive your goals. The state can do that.

Lapeer, MI

#1077047 Feb 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, all you offer is stupidity.
If you can disprove what was posted, do so.
If not, keep your stupid ideas to yourself. All you are capable of is attacking the messenger,you can never refute what is posted.
That's why we know you're a stupid sockpuppet.
Let's see some links that challenge what was posted.
The rantings of an idiot sockpuppet like you will not do.
----------
"Remember, when Life hands you Lemons, drink urine samples as Lemonade."--- shinningelectr0n
"I drink urine samples as Lemonade." -----shinningelectr0n
Whenever I fart, you answer verbose.

Don't expect me to reciprocate. I don't respond to noises from an azzhole:)

So you throw some cockamamie, bombastic academia tripe on the wall and then defy me to spend the next 5 hours taking it apart?

OK. I think the entire Koran is BS. Let me see you respond by taking it apart page-by-page, idiot.

Go for it or STFU:)

Boy......

Lapeer, MI

#1077048 Feb 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most homes have knives. Even big ones. Slippery floors and electric mishaps probably cause more accidents in the home than guns.
"Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics"

These children are so easily impressed by big words, "studies", perfessors. academia and stuffed shirts that they could very easily be fooled into becoming Liberals.

Lapeer, MI

#1077049 Feb 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>pulling the trigger on a loaded gun is not an accident.
That's like saying driving a speeding car into a bridge abutment isn't an accident.

In what context?

Are you in the bottle or on the needle?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1077050 Feb 9, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because Galt is a mature adult and doesn't hang around with friends your age...<rim shot>.
I disagree with the mature part.

But I do agree with the age part.

You still can't sort your opinions from facts son. So you're in no position to determine who is more mature to begin with!!!

Orlando, FL

#1077051 Feb 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You're little mind can't possibly comprehend the greatness of America.
Sadly, neither does this president's mind or that of his elite inner circle.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1077052 Feb 9, 2014
E23Jer34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a great idea. But the "law" won't allow that.
The state is a monopoly on violence.
A state isn't about law and order it's about exceptions from the laws.
you can't use violence to acheive your goals. The state can do that.
That's why states are created.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Coffee Party 196,907
Word (Dec '08) 16 min Red_Forman 5,423
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 20 min Red_Forman 6,423
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,525
Ask Amy 8-30-15 1 hr Kuuipo 5
abby8-31-15 1 hr Kuuipo 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Tommy Devito 100,635
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages