Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1745679 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1078109 Feb 11, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and the poor shouldn't have anything, they should sweat to death without ac in Fl, not have a car, beg and grovel for everything with their heads down
either that, or get a job like the people who are supporting them....

a simple "Thank you" would help.....
M Stein

New York, NY

#1078110 Feb 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama lies once again....
along with welfare, the drug culture is the reason that the black community is in the crapper....
and now they want to spread the disease to middle class whites....
Well, to be fair there's only four or five of those left.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1078111 Feb 11, 2014
new yawk wrote:
Here you go, troll:
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/TM3OVM4FAOEG...
Hope it helps you find your way back .... home. Learn how to spell on the way.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, you tell him new yawk! Learn how to spell!
M Stein

New York, NY

#1078112 Feb 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
either that, or get a job like the people who are supporting them....
a simple "Thank you" would help.....
And of course you need to consider that given the sufeit of real estate nationwide it only makes sense to squat in a place with air conditioning. I heard on the news that the real estate market is beginning to recover but I think that just means that a large number of real estate agents were killed off in the crash or have chosen new career paths such as working in produce at Walmart.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1078113 Feb 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We am all depend on Eed to post a racial slur like a good little right whiner.
"real dumb"
Have to note, as usual you responded to none if the facts in post you refer . No I guess you actually did respond, like the little boy you are, with nothing.
Peace
KMA
M Stein

New York, NY

#1078114 Feb 11, 2014
surfeit. Why is spelling so damn hard, new yawk???:)
Frank M Stein

New York, NY

#1078116 Feb 11, 2014
Eliza, is that you? No wonder I can't find my i pad, you've got it down there in the laundry again, don't you? I thought we agreed that you wouldn't post in these places any longer? The children have grown up thinking that they live in a one-parent household thanks to you and this simply needs to STOP now!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1078117 Feb 11, 2014
Said only 600 lbs have been returned.
new yawk

East Amherst, NY

#1078119 Feb 11, 2014
Ask the trolls who deliberately misspell as a means of camouflage, Stein.
Sole purpose is to conceal their real, known identity, Stein
So they can hide behind their sox, Stein.
Then it becomes quite damn easy, Stein.

If the sur feits, wear it - No shyte, Stein.
M Stein wrote:
surfeit. Why is spelling so damn hard, new yawk???:)

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1078120 Feb 11, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Have to note, as usual you responded to none if the facts in post you refer . No I guess you actually did respond, like the little boy you are, with nothing.
Peace
KMA
I feel no need to respond because a racist f*ck said so.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1078121 Feb 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
why should any company be required to justify layoffs to the IRS???...
this is just political intimidation, once again by the rogue Obama IRS.....
Read the rule, Galt. Become informed. Don't be a dumbass all your life.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1078122 Feb 11, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you point to any other system that is better?
The last line of what I said previously is what you argue most about. Rules & regulations so Capitalism can't allow one person standing on top of the pyramid owning everything. That is what is a better system.
what you had in the 50's and 60's when the world wanted everything "Made in America" was Capitalism in its finest hour. There was no globalisation then, free trade didn't exist. Tariffs on imports etc allowed affluent nations to compete against poorer. Now with free trade and globalisation that same Capitalism model is spreading the wealth world wide. Now the world wants everything "Made in China" or anywhere else that is cheap. What can a government do to fix that ? Lower taxes so you can buy even more cheap. How can anything political in a free trade world change who benefits the most from a article of clothing made in Bangladesh for a designer label in the US. That is why the wealth base in the US has shifted dramatically to such a small percentage. In those countries starting from a base of zero only have infrastructure holding back opportunities. However China & India is a great example of over coming both and now have a huge base of low paid and highly educated workforce who have every opportunity in the world for employment either working in a factory or right up to engineering software or building sky scrapers. When on the other hand those buying those services from them are having their employment opportunities shrink. If it's being made off shore then the only claim to fame is "designed in America" how much more opportunity does that create compared to "made in". There is not much room for any blue collar workers in that supply chain. That's your biggest culture shift for Capitalism and I would love to know how a political ideology fixes that ???
Then you have climate change which you also dismiss, which is made even worse by this same global economic model. Where the top 1 per cent of earners are worth $110trillion - own almost half (46 per cent) of the world's wealth. Globalisation might improve the lives for many poor countries but it's really about teaching them to dig holes and chop trees down as good as their rich neighbours off shore can. That is what gives them wealth. In a global world driven multi national companies it hardly makes sense to bulldoze 1000's of acres of fruit trees into the ground on home soil just so you can import cheap oranges from a cleared rain forest in Brazil. That is what is happening every day, in every affluent country.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1078123 Feb 11, 2014
All we have to do is ask ourselves this question:

Would most Americans have thought a Chicago politician - considering Chicago politicians were one of the most corrupt in the nation before 2008 - the best choice to lead this nation during even the best of times - much less the worst - on both the foreign and domestic fronts?

People were told to forget that Obama, Axelrod, Emmanuel, Holder and Jarrett were Chicago politicians cut from the same mold by the liberal media. And every single liberal and even some clear-thinking Americans promptly obliged.

But what we have are corrupt Chicago politicians forming an elite inner circle leading the nation.

We shouldn't be a bit surprised. Whatever happens.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1078124 Feb 11, 2014
new yawk wrote:
Ask the trolls who deliberately misspell as a means of camouflage, Stein.
Sole purpose is to conceal their real, known identity, Stein
So they can hide behind their sox, Stein.
Then it becomes quite damn easy, Stein.
If the sur feits, wear it - No shyte, Stein.
<quoted text>
I detect a certain... anger towards Jews, new yawk... surely we're past all that by now? More Halvah, sweetie?
M Stein

New York, NY

#1078125 Feb 11, 2014
You're sort of like the war in Iraq, aren't you, new yawk? First you voted for it before you voted against it. Women are fickle, aren't we? More snow tonight, sweetie, snuggle up.
Frank M Stein

New York, NY

#1078126 Feb 11, 2014
Eliza, I WILL not tell you again. Put - the - computer - down - and - get up - here - and - and - take - care - of - your - family!!!
M Stein

New York, NY

#1078127 Feb 11, 2014
Eat me Schtupper!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1078128 Feb 11, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Would most Americans have thought a Chicago politician - considering Chicago politicians were one of the most corrupt in the nation before 2008 - the best choice to lead this nation during even the best of times - much less the worst - on both the foreign and domestic fronts?
People were told to forget that Obama, Axelrod, Emmanuel, Holder and Jarrett were Chicago politicians cut from the same mold by the liberal media. And every single liberal and even some clear-thinking Americans promptly obliged.
But what we have are corrupt Chicago politicians forming an elite inner circle leading the nation.
More silliness and gibberish.

Sad__IMO.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1078129 Feb 11, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Reading your posts is like reading the diary of a chicken... every day is a brand-new day, isn't it, dear?.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1078130 Feb 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the rule, Galt. Become informed. Don't be a dumbass all your life.
Don't worry. That is your specialty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Shh 12,231
Trump is A 1 hr Independent Thinker 614
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr RACE 105,472
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr Black Ice 72,074
What are the best adult dating sites in Chicago ? 7 hr Big Gay Al 5
News Shooting victim's funeral in Evanston erupts in... (Mar '08) 16 hr GANG banger whoop... 81
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 16 hr Nice guy 2,573

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages