Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395615 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1077274 Feb 10, 2014
Social Sciences...

Economics....

Poverty!

"Almost no marriages in which both partners work full time fall below the poverty line; about one-third of households headed by a single mother are poor. One in eight children with two married parents lives below the poverty line; five in 10 living with a single mother do..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/magazine/ca...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1077275 Feb 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Knives are needed to cook & eat.
Floors are needed to walk upon.
Electric is needed for lights, appliances & heat assist.
Guns are needed for what? Are the risks worth the low potential for self defense?
If you were the victim of a home invasion, you'd find a gun pretty useful to defend yourself. Hopefully, not right before you got shot by the criminals who have guns - laws or not.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1077276 Feb 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so which country with a government that has no ties to al Qaeda should we invade this time?
And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists.

(APPLAUSE)

From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime. Our nation has been put on notice, we're not immune from attack. We will take defensive measures against terrorism to protect Americans.

Libtards are SO stupid!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1077277 Feb 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in your wife. You have nothing I would want.
II have an idea. If you are going to keep blabbing about armed revolt have the God Damn balls to actually do it. I am sick & tired of you right whiners talking about it but too chickensh*t do actually do it. So either do it or please STFU.
What upppp Duh A Vey? DB got your tin foil hat all shook up?

Yew ever sawd that movie duh "Postman"?

It reminds me of the state of Uhmerika these days...patriots OF America and FOR all of America (INcluding the Working class sectors) having to fight tooth and toenail, to erradicate the harmful affects of the tyranny of commie-marxist type dic-tators, that endorse that BS of whining and trying to divide and drain AGAINST America.

Along with all this al bore global warming snow stuff too.

Duhmmy.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1077278 Feb 10, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you don't have to work' economy is on fire!

"Low-wage workers clocked the shortest workweek on record in December - even shorter than at the depth of the recession, new Labor Department data showed Friday."

"The average workweek sank to a record low of 27.4 hours in December in private industries..." ($14.50 an hour and below segment).

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-09/gues...

Orlando, FL

#1077279 Feb 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i've given up trying to reply to crazy people, and you, being about the craziest person i've seen on any forum, shouldn't even rate this reply, but i just thought i'd let you know i've given up on trying to reply to crazy people.
but don't feel lonely, i've got crazy people who don't want to talk me anymore for some reason. it's almost depressing.
Maybe your glasses are upside down. You support a progressive-oppressive ideology and power hungry/shallow politicians who could care less about you because they lie to you all of the time and manipulate you to keep that power. But then you call everyone else crazy who points this out to you.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1077280 Feb 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
In your mind, "leading Republicans"... would those people be the Democrats wearing RINO costumes?
How do you feel about Trey Gowdy replacing Boehner as Speaker?
It would be a step up for the American people.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1077281 Feb 10, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Social Sciences...
Economics....
Poverty!
"Almost no marriages in which both partners work full time fall below the poverty line; about one-third of households headed by a single mother are poor. One in eight children with two married parents lives below the poverty line; five in 10 living with a single mother do..."
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/09/magazine/ca...
Curbing and limiting welfare WOULD help that.

But of course, that would goes against the libukrulTic grain of the marxist agenda of communism.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1077282 Feb 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists.
(APPLAUSE)
From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime. Our nation has been put on notice, we're not immune from attack. We will take defensive measures against terrorism to protect Americans.
the failed Bush doctrine?

so i'm not seeing your point. other than i don't seem to be the stupid one.

Orlando, FL

#1077283 Feb 10, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's ruining the economy STUPID? Here are some facts;
The economy has recovered since Obama took office. In 2009, the economy was shrinking and businesses were shedding 800,000 jobs each month. Now the economy is growing. Since 2010, our businesses have added 7.5 million new jobs [and] the unemployment rate has come down. During the same period, each quarter but one has seen a positive GDP and the unemployment rate has lowered from 10.0 to 6.6%.
A recent report by the Kaiser Family Foundation confirmed that Health care costs are growing at the slowest rate in 50 years.
The truth is that while real economic progress has been made since Obama was first elected President, Republicans haven't contributed to it. They haven't been part of the solution but, rather, they've fought Obama at each step and, as a result, become part of the problem. Republicans don't care about protecting the middle class, they are obsessed with defeating President Obama.
And sure Carol just keep up with your ignorant racist and totally false rants against the poor accusing them of being promiscuous drug users. Many if not a majority of public assistance recipients are the working poor dumbass. Of course you don't have any problem with people like the Walton family who pay their workers poverty wages so that the rest of us have to pay for their opulent lifestyles.
Yes and it's terrible that these same workers will now have the flexibility to better themselves by taking the time to further their education, take care of family, find a better job or maybe even start a business because they're not tied down to a dead end job simply to get health coverage.
You're an idiot Carol!
Obama has stifled and is strangling the economy because of Obamacare.

There were more practical and common sense approaches to reforming the health care system without a bigger government stagnating the economy.

The growth in the economy and the job market is so infinitesimal, it's laughable.

Prevented this

#1077284 Feb 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
College Football Star Comes Out, Could Be First Openly Gay NFL Player
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/michael-sam...
can't wait to see the Rush blow-back on that one.
the manly men of FOX will be all over it.
almost literally. it looks like a big closet.
i bet they're loving the Gay Olympics.
being homosexual defines how he will play the game? it is important to know he is homosexual why? and really-straight people need to start suing homosexuals for sexual harassment. I know for a fact homosexuals are sexually harassing straight people because they think they can get away with it. Look at the homosexuals that post on these threads, they are sick disgusting full of themselves stalkers, it is going on in the work place also. People need to start standing up to these loons.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1077285 Feb 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your glasses are upside down. You support a progressive-oppressive ideology and power hungry/shallow politicians who could care less about you because they lie to you all of the time and manipulate you to keep that power. But then you call everyone else crazy who points this out to you.
crazy is lying and thinking you're telling the truth.

i've smacked you down so many time i can't count them all. so i think i can be the judge of 'crazy'.

you crazy. DB crazy. you all crazy. but in real hoot sort of way, so don't think i don't like you. but then i have a dog i like a lot, so........
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#1077287 Feb 10, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie???
You are really stoned tonite, Flo!!
Christie will be lucky if he's not in jail by 2016.
Funny to see a walfare case like yo speak of freeloaders~!!
After your years in CVH, you're not capable of holding a job.
Except making meth. KY is the nation's meth capital.
More projection?

Try dis one on yer tin foil hat of projectionailism--

Ct was DISAPPOINTINGLY once the nation's leading democraTIC capital.

What happens when voters let the addled (like you) run loose.....

Toxic PLAGUES of libuhrulTic, entitleMentalcase, mad scientific diseases and other socio ILLogical disorders.

GOOOOOOOOOO CHRISTIE/Biden/Ryan/Paul/Napal itano et al 2016!
T.E.A.!

Leadership FOR Working class America, not divide, drain, dupe, denigrate and whine Against it!!!!

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1077288 Feb 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I also noticed Obama lied for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.
I also noticed the President of Libya captured 50 Al Qaeda terrorists and interrogated them, and he says Al Qaeda attacked the United States in Benghazi.
I also noticed the person who planned the attack told every news agency he could find Al Qaeda attacked the United States in Benghazi.
So, why do you think that report from the Senate, coincidentally controlled by Democrats obviously arming and helping Al Qaeda, lied about Al Qaeda attacking the United States in Benghazi? Do you think that is just part of the patern of lies from them that caused the entire country to recognize they are pathological liars?
Do you think this is related to the Democrats' plan to introduce a bill in the Senate to eliminate the death penalty for treason?
1) There is no proof of an Al Qaeda attack.
2) The President of Libya interviews 40 people.(He did not round up 50 terrorists) and this was 6 weeks after the attack so how could it have an effect on what Obama said the first two weeks.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1077289 Feb 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
College Football Star Comes Out, Could Be First Openly Gay NFL Player
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/michael-sam...
can't wait to see the Rush blow-back on that one.
the manly men of FOX will be all over it.
almost literally. it looks like a big closet.
i bet they're loving the Gay Olympics.
Who cares. Why do you people feel it necessary to throw your sexual preference up in every one's face. You don't see heterosexuals going around saying I'm straight. Just shut up about it and live your life. Nobody cares!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1077290 Feb 10, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>being homosexual defines how he will play the game? it is important to know he is homosexual why? and really-straight people need to start suing homosexuals for sexual harassment. I know for a fact homosexuals are sexually harassing straight people because they think they can get away with it. Look at the homosexuals that post on these threads, they are sick disgusting full of themselves stalkers, it is going on in the work place also. People need to start standing up to these loons.
so it's right wing crazy day?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1077292 Feb 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the failed Bush doctrine?
so i'm not seeing your point. other than i don't seem to be the stupid one.
What ever you say Mr. Wizard.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1077293 Feb 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists.
(APPLAUSE)
WTF. Do you think because Bush said it makes it law?

Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11 or Al Qaeda.

When will you fricken morons quit making up excuses for the lies George W Bush told that got over 4000 soldiers killed in a war based on lies.

Prevented this

#1077294 Feb 10, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Curbing and limiting welfare WOULD help that.
But of course, that would goes against the libukrulTic grain of the marxist agenda of communism.
Thanks to growing food stamp and disability rolls the American people have not demanded jobs. It was the liberal scam to give unemployment for two years to keep these people quiet so they could push their Marxist agenda. But there is activity all over the world that signals the global financial collapse may be accelerating.

Prevented this

#1077295 Feb 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so it's right wing crazy day?
how does declaring homosexual status contribute to playing football-just asking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 min Sublime1 102,494
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Woj 216,835
last post wins! (Apr '13) 21 min They cannot kill ... 1,117
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 33 min SweLL GirL 8,898
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min Into The Night 60,106
Chicago has the Worst Women 3 hr Amazing but True 13
Who's this Fauxcahontas? 5 hr ReadAllAbout IT 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages