Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 49,490)

Showing posts 989,781 - 989,800 of1,033,519
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Salary?!? from walmart? the three people in each store that get a salary? most of the walmart employees are on public assistance!
do your own research, you might actually learn something about your world and quit making a fool of yourself with your posts...
The government subsidizes Walmart; through Medicaid and foodstamps. The employees probably buy everything they need or eat from Walmart.
If they cut foodstamps, this will directly affect Walmarts sales. Walmart is a welfare recipient.

Odd how so many people can't see that, or refuse too.

The wealthy are not shopping there. Ever go into one? I don't shop there, and refuse to patronize such a business, but, the odd time I have gone in there, you can't help but notice that the customers are poor young families, lots of old people.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The rich and Wall Street have certainly benefited from Barry and the Feds hundreds of billions of dollars, who else has benefited?
you're a stooge.
This post illustrates how uniquely ignorant you right wing morons are. All the money you whine about benefiting the wealthy is protected by laws your Republican party guards with their political life.
You're a lemming.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Fox News’ greatest failure: Roger Ailes, Chris Christie and the quest for a Republican president

Fox honcho Roger Ailes started 2012 dreaming of a Christie presidency. By the end, his dreams had become nightmares

http://www.salon.com/2014/01/15/fox_news_grea...

it's also a great story about how FOX failed to knock Obama out of the WH in 2012. though a one word synopsis would be 'delusion'.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Don't have to tell me but you will never convince these blockheads.
Says the guy who goes to Wallyworld daily
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Salary?!? from walmart? the three people in each store that get a salary? most of the walmart employees are on public assistance!
do your own research, you might actually learn something about your world and quit making a fool of yourself with your posts...
Most means one more than 50% and I've never seen any statistical proof that didn't include WalMarts part timers who qualify for Social Security MediCare etc. One can easily google what typical WalMart and SuperWalmart managers make but the are many assistant managers in the Superstores__one for pet and animal food and accessories, HBA, pharmacy, etc. In some areas, such as mine, sporting goods (fishing-guns-ammo) managers are paid well.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Don't have to tell me but you will never convince these blockheads.
if they had aver actually run their own business, they might realize who it was that was paying their mortage, sending their kids to college and paying for their retirement...their customers, and it 'soytenly' ain't welfare check recipients....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sh...forget the yachts. what about your normal $50,000, speed boat and the dock service and the storage and the maintenance of all that? the 10,000 lakes in Mn are lined with such boats and lake homes and it aint welfare recipients pumping out all that money into the economy every single month...
I live just off the Chesapeake Bay and the inter coastal waterway. The parade of yachts that comes by every spring and fall drives the libtards around here nuts.They are spending billions building high rise bridges and tunnels to keep the traffic flowing. Almost all paid with tolls. No toll booths however. If you don't have easy pass they take a picture of your licence plate and mail you a bill in the mail.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The government subsidizes Walmart; through Medicaid and foodstamps. The employees probably buy everything they need or eat from Walmart.
If they cut foodstamps, this will directly affect Walmarts sales. Walmart is a welfare recipient.
Odd how so many people can't see that, or refuse too.
The wealthy are not shopping there. Ever go into one? I don't shop there, and refuse to patronize such a business, but, the odd time I have gone in there, you can't help but notice that the customers are poor young families, lots of old people.
thapving my point for me...shopping at walmart. like so many welfare money recipients do. does not stimulate the local economy...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

We may have finally found something to agree on, Woodtick57 is lost in space.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

If the rapper The Game has his way, he will "beat the f**k out of" George Zimmerman in the ring come March, TMZ is reporting.

Zimmerman, 30, has officially agreed to participate in a March 1 celebrity-boxing match, though the final decision as to whom will be his opponent remains to be decided and is up to the match’s promoter Damon Feldman. He plans to donate any earnings from the boxing match to charity, according to ABC Action News.

The Game, however, is hoping to fight for a different cause. He's eager to show Zimmerman that altercations can be dealt with sans weapons.

"I would not be boxing for me. I'd be boxing for the legacy of Trayvon Martin and for his family," the rapper, who is 6'5", 240lbs, told TMZ. "I will beat the f**k out of him."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/31/zimm...

i'll pay to see that.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Most means one more than 50% and I've never seen any statistical proof that didn't include WalMarts part timers who qualify for Social Security MediCare etc. One can easily google what typical WalMart and SuperWalmart managers make but the are many assistant managers in the Superstores__one for pet and animal food and accessories, HBA, pharmacy, etc. In some areas, such as mine, sporting goods (fishing-guns-ammo) managers are paid well.
Ok...so my comment was a tad hyperbolic...how many salaried people are at your local Wallyworld?

how many are part timers and how many are getting public assistance?

i;m outta here for a while,,, look forward to your research findings. it think they will open your eyes.

then check how much of the stores profits go into your local economy...that will REALLY open your eyes...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean all those evil corporation making all those jobs for you? sure pal...sure...
when you actually know how the real world works and who is driving this economy, you will thank those that busted their asses to earn the money they spread around every single month...
You mean those like myself with rental properties and commercial RE interests?

If I'm not mistaking the subject was taxes and who pays them The answer is, everyone pays taxes of some kind. And some among the nations working poor pay a far higher % of their incomes on the various taxes and government fees than do the wealthiest Americans.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy who goes to Wallyworld daily
Went to two yesterday and a Sam's Club. What you people fail to realize is that every time WalMart builds a store hundreds of jobs are created. Not just in the store but in all the businesses that build in the lots around the store. It is not WalMarts job to pay anymore than what the market will calls for.Anybody who thinks they are going to get wealthy working 30-40 hours a week is a damn fool! You can become a millionaire for just $3.57 a day if you manage it right.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if they had aver actually run their own business, they might realize who it was that was paying their mortage, sending their kids to college and paying for their retirement...their customers, and it 'soytenly' ain't welfare check recipients....
Now you've done. RealDave will be all over that statement.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You mean those like myself with rental properties and commercial RE interests?
If I'm not mistaking the subject was taxes and who pays them The answer is, everyone pays taxes of some kind. And some among the nations working poor pay a far higher % of their incomes on the various taxes and government fees than do the wealthiest Americans.
Even more reason to cut government and lower taxes.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You mean those like myself with rental properties and commercial RE interests?
Woody appears smart about most things, but he fals into the same nitwit trap that his handlers have trained him for.

Keep repeating ad nauseum how the wealthy pay most of the taxes collected.

Which is true but largely besides the point, though he will deny it.

As you said, the poorer Americans pay a higher % of their total income in taxes. Even those who do not pay payroll taxes.

Rich folks can hide much of their income. Poor folks can't.

I'm an investor. I can shield much of my investment income, most is in tax deferred acc'ts (IRA, 401K). Even my taxable income is protected, I invest in things like MLP's, which protect about 80% of the income from taxation.

Example: I made a small fortune on Facebook in 2013, sold half my holdings at over 100% profit. Won't pay a dime in taxes on any of the profits.

This leaves me only paying taxes on my salary income, not exposing my investing income to taxation saves me thousands in taxes each year.

For the truly wealthy, they protect far more of their assets, because they have access to the best tax attorneys, tax shelters, tax favored investments.

Woodtick is basically full of shit on this issue.

Does prove he is a conservative, he buys into the Repugnant favoring extreme wealth.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
When the top 1% send their protected wealth and their tax savings to the Cayman islands that doesn't do much to help the economy either.
except that it doesn't happen at the level of the 1%, and perhaps only for a few of the super-rich...

many of the 1% lead middle class lives in middle class communities, with no visible display of wealth....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
thing is....the GOP has tried that BS a dozen times at least.
and they get about as much traction in the MSM as 'Lie Of The Year' unless it's coming out of the mouth of Sarah Palin.
it's a real pity that people at MSNBC keep getting fired for telling the truth.
the middle class will pun ish the DemoKKKrats in 2014 for screwin g them with ObamaKKKare....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Chris Christie should resign if bombshell proves true: Editorial

""Forget about the White House in 2016. The question now is whether Gov. Chris Christie can survive as governor.

David Wildstein, the man who ordered the George Washington Bridge lane closures, is now pointing the finger directly at Gov. Chris Christie, saying the governor knew about the lane closures in September when they occurred.

That directly contradicts Christie account at his Jan. 13 press conference when he made this statement: "I had no knowledge of this — of the planning, the execution or anything about it... I first found out about it after it was over."

If this charge proves true, then the governor must resign or be impeached. Because
that would leave him so drained of credibility that he could not possibly govern effectively. He would owe it to the people of New Jersey to stop the bleeding and quit. And if he should refuse, then the Legislature should open impeachment hearings.

By the governor's own standard, lying is a firing offense. Here's what he said about his deputy chief of staff, Bridget Kelley, at the same press conference: "There's no justification for ever lying to a governor or a person in authority in this government. As a result, I've terminated Bridget's employment."

One hopes that he would consider lying to the people of New Jersey as an offense of equal magnitude.

So for now, set aside the other scandals. Forget about the charge of extortion in Hoboken. Forget about the growing evidence showing that Christie used Sandy aid as a political slush fund, leaving the real victims short.

The lane closures in Fort Lee not only caused people to miss meetings, and lose out on business deals. It delayed ambulance responses in Fort Lee, and so put people's lives at risk. It was an abuse of government authority that was almost too reckless to believe at first. If the governor did know about it as it occurred, he should have put a stop to it.""

==========

Too bad. I like Christie. I also know he is a bully at heart. That's what people like about him!!

But he went too far. Put a fork in the fat guy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 989,781 - 989,800 of1,033,519
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min everybody 64,955
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min cheluzal 96,005
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min OzRitz 42,923
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Justice Dale 167,375
Strip club laws in Chicagoland and in Illinois.... (Oct '10) 33 min REAL POLICE 15
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr David 46,990
Men charged with selling sewer covers, grates f... (Aug '12) 1 hr Per Usual 7
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••