Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264780 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1075425 Feb 6, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>You should talk to woodtick about free enterprise. He told me there was none in the US.
It's technically not son. It's more of a pseudo system.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1075426 Feb 6, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Immigration is one of the reich wing kryptonite.
The wimps can't handle the repercussions since the elections are coming!
They'll bow to Lou Dobbs who will be revived on FOX Entertainment prime time.

Hey, do you remember when Geraldo and Billo nearly went to fist city because Billo thought that insulting Hispanics would be OK?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1075427 Feb 6, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
The decision by CVS to stop selling cigarettes could help to cut smoking rates substantially, especially because the move comes at a time of increased pressure on the tobacco industry from a number of fronts, health experts say.
"It is a big deal — one of those death knell events the tobacco industry has feared for some time," says Thomas Glynn, director of cancer science and trends at the American Cancer Society.
Research shows that making cigarettes even slightly less accessible has a measurable effect on smoking, especially for kids, who have fewer ways to get tobacco, says Otis Brawley, the Cancer Society's chief medical officer.
"It's an act of corporate courage," says Brawley, who says the Cancer Society has pressured pharmacies to ban cigarettes for several years.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
Lets you and me start a campaign to ban Marijuana next?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1075429 Feb 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, and is now leading teenagers to a life of drug abuse....how wonderful....
Oh, is George W Bush leading kids astray?

Here's another__William Hilton Paul, the 19 year old son of Kentucky US Senator Randy Paul arrested in a NC airport for underage drinking after an in flight confrontation with a flight attendant. " Hey btch, do you know who my daddy is?"
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1075430 Feb 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>They'll bow to Lou Dobbs who will be revived on FOX Entertainment prime time.
Hey, do you remember when Geraldo and Billo nearly went to fist city because Billo thought that insulting Hispanics would be OK?
It's curious what they consider their party line.

Sometimes I think they wait for non cons to take a position, then mount a counter offensive on point.... "just because."

Immigration is dead. And if they lose this year, it will be dead again for 2016 unless they smell they're going to lose the elections again.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1075431 Feb 6, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are dumb!!!
Are you really saying?
- That the cost of materials is not increased by higher labor costs
- That utility costs do not increase when energy suppliers are hit with higher labor costs
- That higher insurance rates do not increase costs and thus prices
- When rents go up fro facilities used to produce a product the cost does not go up
You are dumb. Nah you ain't dumb, you can spout gibberish.
Peace
KMA
I never said they were not increased. I said if the minimum wage increased 10% that cost of goods do not go up 10%.

There are other things that make up the total cost other than labor.

Location hidden

#1075432 Feb 6, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So... did bushie boy find those wmd's in 2005 to prove he was telling the truth son?
What could you hide if you had 6 months notice that the police were coming....??????

George Bush Addresses the UN...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/text-of-bush-iraq...

When did the Iraq War begin...?

"The 2003 invasion of Iraq lasted from 19 March 2003 to 1 May 2003...."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1075433 Feb 6, 2014
victimized ex-slaves give Trader Joe's the boot to preserve their ghetto...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1075434 Feb 6, 2014
flack wrote:
Yep! It is dem. He is getting his butt kicked on the 'President has failed us' thread also. LMAO!!!!
Rightwingers believe in censorship. Why don't you report your own sides filth? You rightwingers are a bunch of whining baby control freaks. Pathetic as hell.

Landisburg, PA

#1075435 Feb 6, 2014
flack wrote:
And let's not forget this one: Liar, thief: For those liberals who decry harsh conservative attacks on President Obama, let’s hearken back to 2005 and listen to Waters’ comments on President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney:“The President is a liar. Dick Cheney, the chief architect of the Big Lie, is not only a liar, he is a thief.”
So there were WMDs in Iraq & Sadam had a nuclear weapons program. It was a cakewalk paid for by Iraqi oil.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1075436 Feb 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, is George W Bush leading kids astray?
Here's another__William Hilton Paul, the 19 year old son of Kentucky US Senator Randy Paul arrested in a NC airport for underage drinking after an in flight confrontation with a flight attendant. " Hey btch, do you know who my daddy is?"
Yes, the whiner with the bad rug
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1075437 Feb 6, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's deputy drug czar admits marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol

http://rt.com/usa/michael-botticelli-marijuan...

let's start with the larger problem first: you white folks drink too much.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1075438 Feb 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>They'll bow to Lou Dobbs who will be revived on FOX Entertainment prime time.
Geraldo Rivera (real name Gerald Riviera) preferred to identify with his Jewish side growing up ...until he found a career in being Hispanic....

Landisburg, PA

#1075439 Feb 6, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's go over this again for the very stupid.
The New Testament defines Christianity. If you can't remember this, write it on a chalk board 100 times.
The Old Testament is a history written by men.
You apparently get your ideas from your cult. You make baseless and erroneous statements based on indoctrinated propaganda. How doyou think you can actually discuss them intelligently?
I still haven't seen any of what your cult calls "proof".
I never said Jesus was divine, moron. Jesus never said he was divine, idiot.
The definition of religion is a belief based on faith. You profess a belief you can't prove one way or another. You belong to a religious cult.
So the God of the New Testament is different than the GOD in the Old Testament??

So when God ordered Moses to slaughter men, women & children for worshiping the Golden Calf, that was a different God?

Must have been because when I said this earlier, you claimed in did not pertain to Christianity because it as in the Old Testament.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1075440 Feb 6, 2014
flack wrote:
And let's not forget this one: Liar, thief: For those liberals who decry harsh conservative attacks on President Obama, let’s hearken back to 2005 and listen to Waters’ comments on President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney:“The President is a liar. Dick Cheney, the chief architect of the Big Lie, is not only a liar, he is a thief.”
And? She was telling the truth
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1075441 Feb 6, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
marijuana is already illegal in the United States...Obama and some states to the contrary.....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1075442 Feb 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, is George W Bush leading kids astray?
Huckabees son hung and skinned a dog; now that's a beaut for ya
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1075443 Feb 6, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Rightwingers believe in censorship. Why don't you report your own sides filth? You rightwingers are a bunch of whining baby control freaks. Pathetic as hell.
to the contrary, conservatives want the news media to stop censoring the news.....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1075444 Feb 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Geraldo Rivera (real name Gerald Riviera) preferred to identify with his Jewish side growing up ...until he found a career in being Hispanic....
Yes, he was one of the first investigative reporters until he turned into a republican nutjob because he found out it pays better; same as as that comedian Miller.

Location hidden

#1075447 Feb 6, 2014
Who needs faith or churches...

get God outta our lives...Progressives say...

Science Proves a belief in GOD works....

NIH...on faith and health..

"Project Joy: faith based cardiovascular health promotion for African American women."

'OBJECTIVE: The authors tested the impact on cardiovascular risk profiles of African American women ages 40 years and older after one year of participation in one of three church-based nutrition and physical activity strategies: a standard behavioral group intervention, the standard intervention supplemented with spiritual strategies, or self-help strategies."

"RESULTS: A total of 529 women from 16 churches enrolled. Intervention participants exhibited significant improvements in body weight (-1.1 lbs), waist circumference (-0.66 inches), systolic blood pressure (-1.6 mmHg), dietary energy (-117 kcal), dietary total fat (-8 g), and sodium intake (-145 mg). The self-help group did not. In the active intervention group, women in the top decile for weight loss at one year had even larger, clinically meaningful changes in risk outcomes (-19.8 lbs)."

"CONCLUSIONS: Intervention participants achieved clinically important improvements in cardiovascular disease risk profiles one year after program initiation, which did not occur in the self-help group. Church-based interventions can significantly benefit the cardiovascular health of African American women."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11889276

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby August 3 3 min boundary painter 8
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 7 min boundary painter 444
Word (Dec '08) 11 min boundary painter 5,385
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 min boundary painter 6,262
amy 8-4 13 min boundary painter 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min CrunchyBacon 100,317
abby8-4-15 22 min boundary painter 7
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,771
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages