Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073254 Feb 2, 2014
Philip Seymour Hoffman bites the dust, another victim of the lax Obama drug policy.....

“Obama bin Lian”

Since: Oct 07

Denver, CO

#1073255 Feb 2, 2014
killtaker wrote:
..freedom is fun...
"The negative effects on the cognitive development of children born to
adolescent mothers are evident. A study of children ages four to 14 showed that those born to the youngest teen mothers performed more poorly on tests of cognitive ability, were more likely to be retained a grade, and were less likely to be perceived by their teachers as performing favorably by the time they reached high school....
Children of adolescent mothers are more likely to drop out of high school when compared to the children of mothers age 20-21. Only 77% of children born to adolescent mothers complete high school by early adulthood compared to 89% of the comparison group."
http://www.cpeip.fsu.edu/resourcefiles/resour...
Who's having all those babies...
GSS surveyed 2412 women, Iin 1996 and 2006...
asked them...
"First child was born when woman was aged 19 years or less?"
Yes answers:
D-32.3 percent
R-19.7 percent
Fried, J.(2008).'Democrats and Republicans: Rhetoric and Reality."
algora publishing : USA, page 18
GSS
'The National Data Program for the Social Sciences has been conducted since 1972 by NORC, A Social Science Research Center at the University of Chicago, with the support of the National Science Foundation'
http://www3.norc.org/GSS+Website/About+GSS/Na...
I've long suspected there was a biological reason libs are so stupid. Thx for the proof.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073256 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>actually, and i;m not against the pipeline in any way, hell i think they should bring it here to Mn and let us refine it..., but wouldn't the Us economy make more money from those canadian tar sands if we continue to truck and rail it through the US? just wondering...
Warren Buffett would, which is why Obama is stalling....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1073257 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>actually, and i;m not against the pipeline in any way, hell i think they should bring it here to Mn and let us refine it..., but wouldn't the Us economy make more money from those canadian tar sands if we continue to truck and rail it through the US? just wondering...
we might make more money if they would quit spilling it on the ground. though pipelines are no better.

4. Current Keystone Pipeline Leaked 12 Times in Last Year

The pipeline that the Obama administration has rejected the permit for would be an extension of a pipeline that has already leaked -- not just once, but 12 times in the last year.

While TransCanada tried to dismiss these leaks as “minor” averaging “just five to 10 gallons of oil” each, the leak on May 7, 2011 near Millner, N.D., spilled about 21,000 gallons of oil in total.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/01/18/six...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1073258 Feb 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Toledo Ohio. BTW in my area Sheriff's Deputies earn nearly that__around $28 ph for a corporal and here they have way fewer restrictions on moonlight jobs.
Is that entry level, or someone with 10 to 15 years exp....

that seems high...

a just starting out computer science gal/guy. in 2011 WITH A B.S. is in the low $60s....
http://public.dsa.csupomona.edu/career/docs/S...

“Obama bin Lian”

Since: Oct 07

Denver, CO

#1073259 Feb 2, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is very happy about a lot of things right now...
A little perspective...Obama's polling is on Mount Everest compared to GOP Congress, or the GOP in general. Check it out for a reality check.
52 Percent Don’t Trust Obama, 60 Percent Disapprove of ...
reason.com/blog/2013/11/13/52-percent-dont-tr... ... Cached
The public’s trust in President Obama has sunk to a new low according to a recent Quinnipiac poll, with a slim majority (52 percent) who say the president is not ...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1073260 Feb 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the government yes, but society no.....
ok...do you want to tell us the sun rises in the east next, captain obvious?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1073261 Feb 2, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating your lies ad nauseum will not make them come true. Sap.
i love the way you dismiss things out of hand whilst having nothing in your hand.

maybe you're just trying to emulate your fav FOX talking head?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1073262 Feb 2, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
The interview where Obama is interrupted by Bill-o 47 times?
This is the trouble with these so called interviews, its not about Obama, its all about Bill O.
Poor ole Bill is trying to stick his neck out of the mud on a network that is sinking fast.
I mean look at their audience, a bunch of fat old white guys and their spouses. Most of which are on Medicare and retired and not much disposable income for advertisers to milk. It won't be long now before the only advertising you will see on Fox news will be from the NRA and diaper companies.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1073263 Feb 2, 2014
a prime example of nothing in hand....

Paul Ryan Accuses Obama Of 'Increasingly Lawless Presidency'

Still, despite accusing Obama of effectively violating the Constitution, Ryan said he had no intention to make any attempt to impeach the president.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/02/paul...

even Paul knows talk is cheap.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1073264 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>O'Reilly's still around?!? why?
The old hags with boy haircuts who watch FOX get all drippy when Billo appears. They liked Beck even more until he pointed out that he was more interested in entertainment than politics and that his audience was fragile.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073265 Feb 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And you know that how?
Galt shoots from the hip__frequently shooting himself in the foot. forthepeople.com is little law firm with offices in many Southeast US cities, Charlie Crist works their presently in the office that is handling the BP oil spill litigation. I probably know a dozen attorneys who work or have worked for that firm___they'd be laughing their azzes off at your post.
Did I ever mention that my daughter is a trust attorney??? Pretty sure I did. She's on salary with a variable year end bonus___she's not at a law firm but she'd be laughing at your dumb azz too.
Realtime cites a bunch of ambulance chasers and and a bank lawyer and thinks that portrays law firms....

wise up, pal....

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1073266 Feb 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Republican picks for Texas lieutenant governor all want creationism taught in schools
I see modern America continues to make great strides in the field of not believing in things.
All the Republican candidates running for Texas lieutenant governor agree: Creationism needs to be taught in schools.
At a statewide televised debate Monday, the four Republican candidates said they would like to see the religious theory taught in the classroom, according to videos of the event.
That people can get elected to high office still believing that certain segments of science Do Not Exist is something we really need to address. You shouldn't have to be a genius, heaven knows, but it would be nice if we could count on our elected leaders to, say, remain calm during the appearance of the next comet and not immediately accuse one of their constituents of sky-destroying witchcraft. I hear there is some debate over the precise dimensions of Noah's Ark—perhaps the Texas of 20 years from now will be embroiled in a new controversy when some teacher is discovered to have taught the good Texas children the wrong version, thus shattering the poor children's religious roots and sending them down the path to sin and rampant drug abuse.
State Sen. Dan Patrick and Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples indicated they think the absence of creationism in schools is an affront to Christianity.
“I don’t think we have to live in a state where we need to apologize for being a Christian....[Creationism] is something that most Texans believe in, and our children need to be exposed to this,” Staples said.
Well, if most Texans believe it, clearly the realities of the universe must bend to accommodate them. I suspect most Texas children of a certain age believe Pokemon are real—perhaps we should change the biology curriculum to reflect that, as well.
The reason I have so little patience for these people, at this point: There are many, many Christians who do not believe in creationism, at least not the ultra-literal interpretation favored by the more talibanesque elements of the base, who consider the teaching of supernatural explanations for scientific phenomenon to be an "affront" to them and their children. Not even those people are allowed to be heard, much less any of the Americans who subscribe to—shudder—something else. Once again, a set of dull-minded fundamentalists insists that their version of Christianity can be the only true one, and that all of America should naturally bow down before it, and that anyone with religious beliefs that differ in even the slightest fraction to their own should be driven from the public square so that their religion, their scientific ignorances, their moral decisions can be erected over the top of the nation like a gallows and noose.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/29/1273...
"sonic"
Do you think it makes any difference? Do you think that makes wendy davis the winner?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#1073267 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ok...do you want to tell us the sun rises in the east next, captain obvious?
Doesn't on Mars.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1073268 Feb 2, 2014
harmonious wrote:
The average age of ALL news watchers just proves how ignorant and stupid the young are these days. Barry's election proved it.
no, it just means they don't watch TV like you idiots...

we get our news from real news sources..
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1073269 Feb 2, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that entry level, or someone with 10 to 15 years exp....
that seems high...
a just starting out computer science gal/guy. in 2011 WITH A B.S. is in the low $60s....
http://public.dsa.csupomona.edu/career/docs/S...
Doesn't matter what it seems or what software douches earn "somewhere." Toledo is a union town where police-fire and the like are paid on par with what the private sector is offering. Should mention that at one point that PD was requiring a four year college degree.

One of my best friends was a ranking officer on that force and another friend was a muckity muck on the fire department. Two fireman died up there last week.

Spokane, WA

#1073270 Feb 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so how's the economy doing?
how's Obamacare doing?
what's the latest on Benghazi?
i know you can tell us the truth without going all right wing myth on us.
"sonic"
- how is the economy doing?
Just so so, unemployment still high, much higher than the administration would like American's to believe, 15 million or so more American's needing food stamps to eat
-how is nobamakare doing?
Not to well, a majority of American' do not like or support it and the healthy young they need to sign up are not
- whats up with Benghazi?
Not much the president despite his promise has done nothing to bring the killers to justice, his S of S says get over it, it is no big deal
No myths, just some facts.
Peace
KMA

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1073271 Feb 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what about conservatives who are not religious?
what about conservatives who are pro-choice?
what about conservatives who are religious, but resent the born-again churches that demean their faith?
what about conservatives wot have an education and cannot accept a literal interpretation of the Bible?
truth is, the people you are trying to please are a minority among conservatives....
I didn't say to cater to the religious exclusively, at the expense of all other conservatives. It has to be part of the message. It can't be swept under the carpet or avoided in public. Conservatism is inclusiveness. If perhaps the largest single limb on the conservative body is made to feel unwanted, it'll defeat the entire premise.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1073272 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how in the world has the ACA taken control of every aspect of anyone's life? it hasn't affected mine one teensy bit.
"No man is an island apart from the main..."

But that doesn't mean that Woodtick is a cognizant island dweller.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1073273 Feb 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime cites a bunch of ambulance chasers and and a bank lawyer and thinks that portrays law firms....
wise up, pal....
Galt continues to embarrass himself with his old timer nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min Eric 69,397
OnePotChefShow 1 hr Tan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr dont drink the ko... 46,696
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 2 hr Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 3 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE