Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1073217 Feb 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The great flood is widespread among many cultures seen in the Mesopotamian flood stories, the Puranas, Deucalion in Greek mythology, the Genesis flood narrative, and in the lore of the K'iche' and Maya peoples of Central America, the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa tribe of Native Americans in North America, and the Muisca people in South America.
In Hindu mythology, texts such as the Satapatha Brahmana mention the puranic story of a great flood where the Matsya Avatar of Vishnu warns the first man, Manu, of the impending flood, and also advises him to build a giant boat.
You did research on Horus. Look this up too.
so let's say there was a flood.

who's responsible for the worldwide genocide that followed? your God?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1073218 Feb 2, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
"WAXTURD" The delusional psychopathic turd that just wont flush.
Nostrilis Waxman aka known as the stalker "WAXBALLS topix troll clusterfvck, same troll-multiple id's==Delusional army of one:
Nostrilis Waxman Windsor, Ct #395266 Jul 17, 2011 I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too?
Nostrilis Waxman #93787 Mar 7, 2011 When you walk up to a group at a party, does everyone walk away from you? July 17, 2011
Nostrilis Waxman #395266 I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too? Is it sad liberal moron?
Nwaxman wrote: <quoted text> By the way, do like it Greek? I'll be gentle with you. I know you Democrats like to avoid talking about Greece! Can I call you my little Greeker?
Nwaxman wrote:
<quoted text>If you've got any balls, then spit them out because they're definitely not yours.
Dman wrote:
<quoted text>How's it going, Spork? Still have a mouthful of Barry?
Time for some chocolate cake and ice cream!
VAGITARIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stand in line with the rest of the libtards and await your ass-pounding from the mods.
Nwaxman wrote:<quoted text>
I like big sweaty co ock in my azz whole!
Nwaxman wrote:
<quoted text>butt-crack
NuculurNUToption is not me, you delusional moron...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1073219 Feb 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It also seems interesting to me that God may have tried to give us a clue about how to love and forgive each other more than once throughout ancient history.
Was Horus's message to ancient Egyptians about love and forgiveness? Just curious. Because that's pretty important if we want to believe God is about love and forgiveness.
The Roman Empire had become so cruel and immoral, perhaps Jesus may have been sent at the right time and his message and claims the most believable.
Life's mysteries seem neverending...but just points to our own morality as being finite and our self-importance rather insignificant. It would seem.
Jesus himself never ever claimed to be the son of any god, that would have been heretical to everything he ever preached. and it was heretical to those who carried his ministry on after he was executed and left to die on the bone pile of Golgotha, namely his brother James...

it was Paul, a man who never ever met Jesus who started that myth preaching to gentiles. james and the other apostles left even sent missionaries to the congregations paul was preaching to to set them straight on this matter...

again, it is amazing how little you cult freaks know about your own cult myths....
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#1073220 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and those practices were found to be unconstitutional because, and this is the only point i ever tried to make in this argument..., the US was set up as a secular nation from day one.

remember the part of our constitution that no public office holder should be put to a religious test? just because people practiced unconstitutional policies in no way means they were in conflict with the way our nation was constructed.
This claim has been made before, but no real evidence has been presented. So it remains as conjecture until then.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1073221 Feb 2, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Kathleen Sebelius, i.e. the government, is the final arbiter of every aspect of health care. If costs become prohibitive, they already are, she has the authority to regulate everything that impacts health care costs. It's the EPA all over again. They have gained the power of legislation by decree, bypassing Congress and the will of the People. O-care has the same imperial powers.
You said it controlled every aspect. Now you back pedal & say maybe?

Sebelius has the power she has because Congress gave it to her in the ACA.

The Supreme Court said the EPA can regulate greenhouse gases.

You & this "bypass Congress" crap is just that crap. The President has certain powers.

Since your precious Republicans don't give a sh*t about anything except masturbating their dumbass base, someone has to do something.

Quit your f*cking whining & tell your whiney party to put this country first for a change.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1073222 Feb 2, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Universities Faculties are biased...
11 California universities were surveyed in 2005
Humanities - 1153 surveyed, 600 D, 60 R...
Arts - 313 surveyed, 151 D, 20 R...
Social Science - 1039 surveyed, 529 D, 78 R...
Hard Science/Math - 1635 surveyed, 729 D, 126 R...
Medical/Nursing/Health - 498 surveyed, 233 D, 49 R...
Social Professional - 662 surveyed, 315 D, 71 R...
Engineering - 700 surveyed, 213 D, 85 R...
Business - 389 surveyed, 116 D, 15 R...
Military/Sports - 69 surveyed, 11 D, 15 R...
total
D-2960
R-590
Ds PER Rs ratio of 5.0
page 243-247
http://www.criticalreview.com/2004/pdfs/cardi...
do you really think you should have posted that? but maybe you're just trying to prove why Universities don't hire Republicans.

St. Croix valley

#1073223 Feb 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christian's God through the teachings of Jesus Christ's message doesn't tell us to behead people and kill innocents who are non-Christians.
Man's craving for power stood behind the name of Christianity in the past but that's not - nor ever has been - the true message. The fruits of their spirit identifies them.
But think we've talked about this enough.
Let's stick to the reasons we're on this forum and answer this question. Are you denying Obama's poll numbers are dropping dramatically?
sure your proven false god does! how is it you don't even know your own cult? amazing what a mindless sheep you are!

St. Croix valley

#1073224 Feb 2, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
This claim has been made before, but no real evidence has been presented. So it remains as conjecture until then.
ummm...no...it s right there in our constitution...

yikes!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#1073225 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus himself never ever claimed to be the son of any god, that would have been heretical to everything he ever preached. and it was heretical to those who carried his ministry on after he was executed and left to die on the bone pile of Golgotha, namely his brother James...

it was Paul, a man who never ever met Jesus who started that myth preaching to gentiles. james and the other apostles left even sent missionaries to the congregations paul was preaching to to set them straight on this matter...

again, it is amazing how little you cult freaks know about your own cult myths....
Not amazing that you continue to misrepresent the facts. What do you think were the charges cited that led to His arrest and execution?

St. Croix valley

#1073226 Feb 2, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are not stating fact"s".
You are stating me, my, mine, I...
from your little introverted world perspective.
stop lying, liberal.
Nobody cares if you personally were impacted by Obamacare.
The rest of us live in a "country", not a liberal morons fishing shack, you narcissistic imbecile.
run along, little child, the adults are talking here...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1073227 Feb 2, 2014
...gimmedats...will hang out with just about anyone...

"... A majority (54%) of Americans have a mixed ideological profile, falling in between libertarian and communalist orientations."

http://publicreligion.org/research/2013/10/20...
Lcn

United States

#1073228 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and those practices were found to be unconstitutional because, and this is the only point i ever tried to make in this argument..., the US was set up as a secular nation from day one.
remember the part of our constitution that no public office holder should be put to a religious test? just because people practiced unconstitutional policies in no way means they were in conflict with the way our nation was constructed.
States had established churches until the 1820s, Mass into 1830s.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1073229 Feb 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
in order to win, a conservative candidate needs to be skillful enough to acknowledge these people and then avoid the subject as much as possible.....
both Reagan and Bush were very good at this, neither identified as anti-abortion crusaders....
an overtly religious candidate like Santorum or Huckabee is dead at the starting line....
It's a matter of opinion. To extend a hand to the religious among us, makes good sense. If they are avoided or the subject equivocated, that candidate will be dead at the starting line. We don't have to win Democrats, we have to motivate conservatives.

St. Croix valley

#1073230 Feb 2, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Not amazing that you continue to misrepresent the facts. What do you think were the charges cited that led to His arrest and execution?
treason against his emperor.

what facts did i misrepresent?

give it up, you have been slapped around on this issue time and again on other pages...you cannot defend a cult that is proven to be based on lies and myths...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1073231 Feb 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
do you really think you should have posted that? but maybe you're just trying to prove why Universities don't hire Republicans.
Odd then the number of right wing professors being linked here regularly.

Lois Lame say, "Well the man has a PhD.."

Spokane, WA

#1073232 Feb 2, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Terri Schiavo was already dead Carol, but her body didn't know it. The autopsy showed that her brain had deteriorated to the point where there was no cognitive function left. She was in no pain and there was no "agonizing" death.
I just hope that if the same thing were to happen to me my family would do the right thing and let me go rather than have to linger in a vegetative state.
"pdumb"
We seldom agree on anything but your above post is spot on. As a father who had to okay the pulling of the plug I have felt the pain.
Peace
KMA
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1073233 Feb 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christian's God through the teachings of Jesus Christ's message doesn't tell us to behead people and kill innocents who are non-Christians.
Man's craving for power stood behind the name of Christianity in the past but that's not - nor ever has been - the true message. The fruits of their spirit identifies them.
But think we've talked about this enough.
Let's stick to the reasons we're on this forum and answer this question. Are you denying Obama's poll numbers are dropping dramatically?
Nobody is very happy about a lot of things right now...
A little perspective...Obama's polling is on Mount Everest compared to GOP Congress, or the GOP in general. Check it out for a reality check.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1073234 Feb 2, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
cite that Midwest city for us...
Toledo Ohio. BTW in my area Sheriff's Deputies earn nearly that__around $28 ph for a corporal and here they have way fewer restrictions on moonlight jobs.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1073235 Feb 2, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it controlled every aspect. Now you back pedal & say maybe?
Sebelius has the power she has because Congress gave it to her in the ACA.
The Supreme Court said the EPA can regulate greenhouse gases.
You & this "bypass Congress" crap is just that crap. The President has certain powers.
Since your precious Republicans don't give a sh*t about anything except masturbating their dumbass base, someone has to do something.
Quit your f*cking whining & tell your whiney party to put this country first for a change.
"Maybe"? I said no such thing. Should I have said, "'When' costs become prohibitive"?
Obamacare gave her the power. Democrats shoved Obamacare on America, despite overwhelming opposition by Republicans and Americans as a whole. Your eagerness to bow to the Gods Of Government is disgusting. "Someone had to do something." ?? Are you shitting me? Who might that be, you and the liberal elites? Kiss my ass.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1073236 Feb 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,

Where does it ask you on a resume how you voted during an election.....

Universities are supposed to be diverse...that's the scientific process...
If Universities attract only like minded thinking people where is the diversity?

so...

If a scientist/researcher is worried that the topics he/she writes on will affect FUTURE employment we have a HUGE diversity problem..

And we know what Progressives do when they have a DIVERSITY problem and it involves Conservatives...

Don't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 8 min RACE 639
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 9 min RACE 1,299
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min loose cannon 178,585
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 12 min RACE 7,795
Word (Dec '08) 14 min RACE 4,753
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 16 min RACE 1,501
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 17 min RACE 4,742
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr PEllen 98,344

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]