Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1073194 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>muslims worship teh exact same proven false god you do. just different sects of your cult.
amazing how little you cult freaks know about your own cult...
and no, i don't anyone who believes proven false ancient myths. would you respect someone who believes in the Easter Bunny?
That's the point. Folks like Carol claim to be Christians, yet she doesn't know that Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the same God, Abraham. Or that many of the characters in the New Testament are also prominent in the Koran. Like Jesus, Joseph and Mary.

She's so ignorant she assumes all religions have different Gods. She's clueless.

Religion is the most divisive issue among humanity. Always has been the cause of more Wars and killing than anything else.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1073195 Feb 2, 2014
killtaker wrote:
..freedom is fun...
"The negative effects on the cognitive development of children born to
adolescent mothers are evident. A study of children ages four to 14 showed that those born to the youngest teen mothers performed more poorly on tests of cognitive ability, were more likely to be retained a grade, and were less likely to be perceived by their teachers as performing favorably by the time they reached high school....
Children of adolescent mothers are more likely to drop out of high school when compared to the children of mothers age 20-21. Only 77% of children born to adolescent mothers complete high school by early adulthood compared to 89% of the comparison group."
http://www.cpeip.fsu.edu/resourcefiles/resour...
Who's having all those babies...
GSS surveyed 2412 women, Iin 1996 and 2006...
asked them...
"First child was born when woman was aged 19 years or less?"
Yes answers:
D-32.3 percent
R-19.7 percent
Fried, J.(2008).'Democrats and Republicans: Rhetoric and Reality."
algora publishing : USA, page 18
GSS
'The National Data Program for the Social Sciences has been conducted since 1972 by NORC, A Social Science Research Center at the University of Chicago, with the support of the National Science Foundation'
http://www3.norc.org/GSS+Website/About+GSS/Na...
Why do you post the same nonsense as "forks_make_us_fat"? ?

Coincidence, or you forgot..........
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073196 Feb 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Police officers in one Midwest city earn over thirty dollar$ per hour and are guaranteed X hours per pay period. Those officers earn time and a half even double time in certain circumstances and many moonlight with restrictions.
Not a salary__a guarantee.
Your problem is that your stupid azz is attempting to compare some minimum wage laborer to a salaried division manager__won't work.
Remind how attorney's are paid??? Remind me how adjunct professors are paid???
attorneys who work for law firms and are not partners are salaried and work as many hours as the partners demand for the same salary....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1073197 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they were not legal state religions....as per the 1st....
Firstly, I have to admit that I haven't been following this discussion between you and "Proud To Be White" but from what I have gathered from skimming through posts from last night, you need to give it up.(I apologize in advance if I have missed something of significance in your discussion).

Much as I hate to admit it, he is right. The first amendment only prohibited Congress from "establishing religion or from interfering in the religious establishments of the states." The Fourteenth amendment made that restriction applicable to state governments.

Although states may not have had "state religions" after independence, states like Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Vermont did allow the majority within each town to select the minister and hence the religious denomination for their town. This continued beyond the ratification of the first amendment.

Disestablishment came to Connecticut in 1818. Massachusetts was the last state to disestablish the practice of taxing people for the support of "public Protestant teachers of piety, religion, and morality." ....42 years after the first amendment was ratified. All states had religious tests for office and blasphemy laws which were outlawed by the fourteenth amendment.

South Carolina's Constitution of 1778 declared the "Christian Protestant religion" as
"the established religion of this State." That did not change with the passing of the First Amendment.

It wasn't until 1819 that the New Hampshire legislature adopted a "Toleration Bill,"which provided that "no person shall be compelled to join or support ... any congregation, church or religious society without his express consent first had and obtained," thus ending the system of compulsory support for religion."

http://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/viewcontent...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1073198 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>name one reason a rational person should respect you believing in a proven false god for your cult? especially a god that condones slavery, the subjugation of women and the killing of those who do not believe the same as you?
i don't respect people's believe in burning witches either...
silly, silly religious cult people....
It also seems interesting to me that God may have tried to give us a clue about how to love and forgive each other more than once throughout ancient history.

Was Horus's message to ancient Egyptians about love and forgiveness? Just curious. Because that's pretty important if we want to believe God is about love and forgiveness.

The Roman Empire had become so cruel and immoral, perhaps Jesus may have been sent at the right time and his message and claims the most believable.

Life's mysteries seem neverending...but just points to our own morality as being finite and our self-importance rather insignificant. It would seem.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1073199 Feb 2, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA only says you have to have decent health insurance or pay a fee.
You can buy it where ever you want.
So you didn't have health insurance before the ACA?
Kathleen Sebelius, i.e. the government, is the final arbiter of every aspect of health care. If costs become prohibitive, they already are, she has the authority to regulate everything that impacts health care costs. It's the EPA all over again. They have gained the power of legislation by decree, bypassing Congress and the will of the People. O-care has the same imperial powers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073200 Feb 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Police officers in one Midwest city earn over thirty dollar$ per hour and are guaranteed X hours per pay period. Those officers earn time and a half even double time in certain circumstances and many moonlight with restrictions.
Not a salary__a guarantee.
Your problem is that your stupid azz is attempting to compare some minimum wage laborer to a salaried division manager__won't work.
Remind how attorney's are paid??? Remind me how adjunct professors are paid???
you actually stumbled on a grain of truth, pal.....

many salaried people earn much less than apparent on an hourly basis, because they work many more hours than the average wage earner....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1073201 Feb 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe, maybe not...
at best you would be paying twice....
shit, i've been paying twice for most of the gov't stuff in this nation most of my life...

someone has to pay the bills in this nation...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#1073202 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there avbsolutely, positively was not a global flood in teh time of humans on Earth. not even up for debate. proven fact.

your cult lied to you...again...(apparently, so did the proven false god they attempted to create...)
You've been lied to.

Orlando, FL

#1073203 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>muslims worship teh exact same proven false god you do. just different sects of your cult.
amazing how little you cult freaks know about your own cult...
and no, i don't anyone who believes proven false ancient myths. would you respect someone who believes in the Easter Bunny?
So you're just intolerant. Hope your intolerance is only limited to verbal abuse. But no need to discuss it any further.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1073204 Feb 2, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
I really have shitforbrains!! I'm Not Surprized and I'll bet you're Not Surprized! I'm also known as "waxywaxturd" the stalker topix troll clusterfvck, same troll-multiple id's==Delusional army of one!
Not Surprized! LOL

Orlando, FL

#1073205 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there avbsolutely, positively was not a global flood in teh time of humans on Earth. not even up for debate. proven fact.
your cult lied to you...again...(apparently, so did the proven false god they attempted to create...)
The great flood is widespread among many cultures seen in the Mesopotamian flood stories, the Puranas, Deucalion in Greek mythology, the Genesis flood narrative, and in the lore of the K'iche' and Maya peoples of Central America, the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa tribe of Native Americans in North America, and the Muisca people in South America.

In Hindu mythology, texts such as the Satapatha Brahmana mention the puranic story of a great flood where the Matsya Avatar of Vishnu warns the first man, Manu, of the impending flood, and also advises him to build a giant boat.

You did research on Horus. Look this up too.

St. Croix valley

#1073206 Feb 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, I have to admit that I haven't been following this discussion between you and "Proud To Be White" but from what I have gathered from skimming through posts from last night, you need to give it up.(I apologize in advance if I have missed something of significance in your discussion).
Much as I hate to admit it, he is right. The first amendment only prohibited Congress from "establishing religion or from interfering in the religious establishments of the states." The Fourteenth amendment made that restriction applicable to state governments.
Although states may not have had "state religions" after independence, states like Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and Vermont did allow the majority within each town to select the minister and hence the religious denomination for their town. This continued beyond the ratification of the first amendment.
Disestablishment came to Connecticut in 1818. Massachusetts was the last state to disestablish the practice of taxing people for the support of "public Protestant teachers of piety, religion, and morality." ....42 years after the first amendment was ratified. All states had religious tests for office and blasphemy laws which were outlawed by the fourteenth amendment.
South Carolina's Constitution of 1778 declared the "Christian Protestant religion" as
"the established religion of this State." That did not change with the passing of the First Amendment.
It wasn't until 1819 that the New Hampshire legislature adopted a "Toleration Bill,"which provided that "no person shall be compelled to join or support ... any congregation, church or religious society without his express consent first had and obtained," thus ending the system of compulsory support for religion."
http://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/viewcontent...
and those practices were found to be unconstitutional because, and this is the only point i ever tried to make in this argument..., the US was set up as a secular nation from day one.

remember the part of our constitution that no public office holder should be put to a religious test? just because people practiced unconstitutional policies in no way means they were in conflict with the way our nation was constructed.

St. Croix valley

#1073207 Feb 2, 2014
^WEREN'T in conflict....^

St. Croix valley

#1073208 Feb 2, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been lied to.
not at all. there is absolutely no evidence of a global flood anywhere neat that time line. we have tons of evidence for much smaller floods from far, far before humans were ever on this puddly little rock yet not one trace of any global flood.

plus the impossibility of the whole story...just more proof that the god the abrahamic cult attempted to create is proven false...

and yet you cult freaks still believe what cannot possibly have happened... sheep, nothign but mindless sheep. hard to respect at all...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1073209 Feb 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't watch cable or broadcast tv news. all internet. but i'm good....
A recent university study confirms what many have suspected; people who watch Fox News are less informed than people who don't watch the news at all.
http://www.examiner.com/article/study-finds-f...
Universities Faculties are biased...

11 California universities were surveyed in 2005

Humanities - 1153 surveyed, 600 D, 60 R...
Arts - 313 surveyed, 151 D, 20 R...
Social Science - 1039 surveyed, 529 D, 78 R...
Hard Science/Math - 1635 surveyed, 729 D, 126 R...
Medical/Nursing/Health - 498 surveyed, 233 D, 49 R...
Social Professional - 662 surveyed, 315 D, 71 R...
Engineering - 700 surveyed, 213 D, 85 R...
Business - 389 surveyed, 116 D, 15 R...
Military/Sports - 69 surveyed, 11 D, 15 R...

total
D-2960
R-590
Ds PER Rs ratio of 5.0

page 243-247

http://www.criticalreview.com/2004/pdfs/cardi...

Orlando, FL

#1073210 Feb 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the point. Folks like Carol claim to be Christians, yet she doesn't know that Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the same God, Abraham. Or that many of the characters in the New Testament are also prominent in the Koran. Like Jesus, Joseph and Mary.
She's so ignorant she assumes all religions have different Gods. She's clueless.
Religion is the most divisive issue among humanity. Always has been the cause of more Wars and killing than anything else.
A Christian's God through the teachings of Jesus Christ's message doesn't tell us to behead people and kill innocents who are non-Christians.

Man's craving for power stood behind the name of Christianity in the past but that's not - nor ever has been - the true message. The fruits of their spirit identifies them.

But think we've talked about this enough.

Let's stick to the reasons we're on this forum and answer this question. Are you denying Obama's poll numbers are dropping dramatically?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1073211 Feb 2, 2014
Will Obama approve the Keystone XL? no more excuses, Environmental Safe, the question dangles will Valerie give the Green Light?

St. Croix valley

#1073212 Feb 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're just intolerant. Hope your intolerance is only limited to verbal abuse. But no need to discuss it any further.
nsrational.

anytime you bring up the belief of a proven false god into rational discussions i will point out how insane that is...it has no place in the modern rational world...you might as well talk about sacrificing virgins to volcanoes...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#1073213 Feb 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>The great flood is widespread among many cultures seen in the Mesopotamian flood stories, the Puranas, Deucalion in Greek mythology, the Genesis flood narrative, and in the lore of the K'iche' and Maya peoples of Central America, the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa tribe of Native Americans in North America, and the Muisca people in South America.

In Hindu mythology, texts such as the Satapatha Brahmana mention the puranic story of a great flood where the Matsya Avatar of Vishnu warns the first man, Manu, of the impending flood, and also advises him to build a giant boat.

You did research on Horus. Look this up too.
FYI, you are not allowed to refer to any information that may call into question the position they have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Learn to Read 182,191
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 44 min KiMare 51,305
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr LessHypeMoreFact 49,366
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 71,272
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr L Morales 411
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Mandela 68,913
Holiday Greetings 5 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?