Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
986,761 - 986,780 of 1,080,070 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the top 10%, they pay their fair share.
by not paying anything in income tax? by getting subsidies? really? and the top 10% pays the bulk of the taxes in this nation..

your idea of fair share seems to be others paying your way for you....

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>FOX Sports is OK as is local FOX, such as myfoxorlando.com which broke the Trayvon Martin story and which never let up on the Anthony's as they lied to all the other media outlets.
FOX Nation and FOX online is a different story however__it's content belongs to Roger Ailes, a true scumbag pos and then of course his bosses the Murdoch's of tabloid and wiretapping fame.
"When you lay down with dogs you wake up with Steve Doocy."
"realslime"
When you wake from a nightmare you were dreaming you were in bed with rachael madcow.
Peace
KMA
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

NuculurVodkaOption wrote:
<quoted text> More felons voting means more people voting for your candidates; talk about sick.
Glad you Obamabots liked it. LOL

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i respect anyone that can make rational argument on any issue...
do you feel entitled to some of my wealth for some reason? what would that reason be?
If you're not willing to pay your fair share of taxes why do you feel entitled to use my roads?
My property taxes pay for schools, why do you feel entitled to send your children to my schools?
My property taxes pay for police protection of your house. You're welcome.
ptbw forever

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Remind me how tall, "bad ass" and how much you weigh musclehead. I was laughing my ass off the first time.
Yeah, you got me. I just said I was 6 foot 4 because I figured that was Shaq's height and I knew you would be scared of me because of that...

220 pounds is also like some kind of sumo for a guy that is 6 foot 4, so I just made up that number too...

Are you guys so scared of right wing reprisal that you pretend we are all dumb, short and weak like yourselves?

Maybe you faggots should stop watching GLEE and hit the bench once and while so we don't flick you to death.
ptbw forever

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You're setting the bar too low Lily. Woodtick57 has no respect for progressives or anything they believe in. His only point of reference is marginalizing the fanatic right wing extreme of the Republican party. He realizes these morons are destroying the political tool he needs to protect his wealth. He's condescending, arrogant and self-serving.
This is a classic example of sleeping with dogs and then later complaining about waking up with fleas.
See Woodtick? If you aren't a left wing wacko you are still the enemy of the left no matter how moderate you are.

By attacking other right wingers you are only making sure the left gets more power. You are a useful idiot to them.
ptbw forever

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>keep your religious cult in yor tax subsidized church, mosque or temple where it belongs...
when you play in the real world, your mythical cult plays no part, you have to play by real world rules then...
You apparently don't understand that the US was not founded as a secular country.

No wonder you are so wrong about everything.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
See Woodtick? If you aren't a left wing wacko you are still the enemy of the left no matter how moderate you are.
By attacking other right wingers you are only making sure the left gets more power. You are a useful idiot to them.
the far left and the far right are really not that different from each other...not really that different at all.

fortunately it is the sane people tah actually make this world tick...(intended...)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not willing to pay your fair share of taxes why do you feel entitled to use my roads?
My property taxes pay for schools, why do you feel entitled to send your children to my schools?
My property taxes pay for police protection of your house. You're welcome.
i do pay my fair share and really more...or at least i used to when i made a lot of money...

again, everyone gets the exact same amount of gov't, the fair share would really be our govt cost divided by adults. but you wouldn't even come close to being able to cover your cost...

fortunately, we have a very progressive tax system in the US. we do that as it works and gives us a viable tax base.

you can send me your welcome card anytime for paying your way for you...and your kids.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently don't understand that the US was not founded as a secular country.
No wonder you are so wrong about everything.
yes, in fact ti was founded as a secular nation. what the hell are you talking about? the very first amendment to our constitution protects that..
facts are fun!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you got me. I just said I was 6 foot 4 because I figured that was Shaq's height and I knew you would be scared of me because of that...
220 pounds is also like some kind of sumo for a guy that is 6 foot 4, so I just made up that number too...
Are you guys so scared of right wing reprisal that you pretend we are all dumb, short and weak like yourselves?
Maybe you faggots should stop watching GLEE and hit the bench once and while so we don't flick you to death.
First of all I'm bigger than you. I'm a Golden Gloves finalist, D1 college heavyweight boxing champ and have been in and won more fights than you've even seen. There's more but no one here but you cares about this irrelevant chest beating. And unless you're tougher than a 9mm who do you believe is scared by your bench press skills?
Take your nose out of the mirror and put it in a book, moron.
michael wittman

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

if you like your Obama you can keep your Obama

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i do pay my fair share and really more...or at least i used to when i made a lot of money...
again, everyone gets the exact same amount of gov't, the fair share would really be our govt cost divided by adults. but you wouldn't even come close to being able to cover your cost...
fortunately, we have a very progressive tax system in the US. we do that as it works and gives us a viable tax base.
you can send me your welcome card anytime for paying your way for you...and your kids.
You've suggested you "earned" your wealth by running a business. Did you teach your employees how to read, write or any of the other job skills you benefited from?
They learned those things in schools my property taxes paid for.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I'm bigger than you. I'm a Golden Gloves finalist, D1 college heavyweight boxing champ and have been in and won more fights than you've even seen. There's more but no one here but you cares about this irrelevant chest beating. And unless you're tougher than a 9mm who do you believe is scared by your bench press skills?
Take your nose out of the mirror and put it in a book, moron.
good advice...still waiting for that rational argument from you....
ptbw forever

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the far left and the far right are really not that different from each other...not really that different at all.
fortunately it is the sane people tah actually make this world tick...(intended...)
Again, I am the only person who is really part of the far right on this forum. The Conservative Christians and Libertarians on this thread are nowhere near extreme on anything.

As for not being all that different from the far left, I am pretty much everything they claim to be, so that pretty much means we couldn't be further apart .

Sane people have long since lost to the psychopaths of the 20th century, and that is why I am so far right at such a young age to create the balance again.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You've suggested you "earned" your wealth by running a business. Did you teach your employees how to read, write or any of the other job skills you benefited from?
They learned those things in schools my property taxes paid for.
i paid more taxes for them...

and yes, in fact many of the kids i hired with no knowledge at all about the landscape business now run landscape design/install companies of their own.

when i was in the heavy equipment operations business, we took many untrained people and gave them lifelong job skills...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

well, many is a bit strong...many of them worked in the field as foreman sand such, three have their own companies...

i hired one of them to do work at our summer house the other year...that was so totally cool!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I am the only person who is really part of the far right on this forum. The Conservative Christians and Libertarians on this thread are nowhere near extreme on anything.
As for not being all that different from the far left, I am pretty much everything they claim to be, so that pretty much means we couldn't be further apart .
Sane people have long since lost to the psychopaths of the 20th century, and that is why I am so far right at such a young age to create the balance again.
you seem to be as misinformed as to the political orientation of the commenters here as you are about our nation's secularism...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i paid more taxes for them...
and yes, in fact many of the kids i hired with no knowledge at all about the landscape business now run landscape design/install companies of their own.
when i was in the heavy equipment operations business, we took many untrained people and gave them lifelong job skills...
Your ego is leading you astray. If the education system, paid for with property taxes, hadn't taught your future employees basic skills you wouldn't have been able to train them. You didn't pay proportionate property taxes to justify the benefit you received.
And since you made your wealth off the hard work of these untrained people that went on to work for themselves, I'd say you owe them as much as they owe you.
ptbw forever

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, in fact ti was founded as a secular nation. what the hell are you talking about? the very first amendment to our constitution protects that..
facts are fun!
The 1st amendment has nothing to do with that, it was the 14th amendment that violated the agreement between the states and the federal government for colonies to keep their religions after the foundation of the country.

http://undergod.procon.org/view.resource.php...

Anybody who claims America was founded as a secular country is lying or stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min ritedownthemiddle 45,795
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 27 min Taeb 67,948
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min LRS 174,635
How to install windows 8 44 min Its a POS-Dont Bother 2
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 44 min Shari23 5
People Can ‘Protect Themselves From an Overly A... 47 min ShootThePompousGovPeeps 3
Abby July 25, 2014 50 min Shari23 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 97,539
Amy 7-24 5 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 18 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••