Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072893 Feb 1, 2014
Pere du Champ wrote:
Face it, Christie is dead in the water as a presidential candidate, and none of your Teaparty nuts has a chance of defeating Hillary Clinton. The GOP at this point has no moderate or even marginally electable candidates. Whachagonnado, run Romney again? LOL!!!
Rubio, Ryan, Paul, Cruz... COO COO!
Hillary...one more stroke from the nursing home....

besides, ObamaKKKare will destroy all DemoKKKrats...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072894 Feb 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is where you are wrong. Yes, the Affordable Care Act has benefited those at the low and high ends of the income scale the most but very, very few in the middle have had their insurance cancelled without automatic re-enrollment, seen their premiums "skyrocket" or lost their doctors and hospitals.....very few.
It is reported that out of the 3,144 counties in the United States, the cheapest plans in only 170 of them exceeds what "experts" consider affordable (ie: 10 percent of annual income). Under the terms of the ACA, people who can prove that the least expensive plan in their area is not affordable, can buy catastrophic plans just like anyone under 30 is allowed to do.
Come 2016, people will have settled into the new insurance plans and be quite content. And those who had pre-existing conditions or who qualify for subsidies will be ecstatic and will crucify the Repugnants for their obstructionist tactics.
anybody can still buy a catastrophic plan if they are willing to risk the tax....and that remains the best decision...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072895 Feb 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It comes from the taxes paid by those hard working Americans at the bottom end of the income ladder. Why should business owners and the wealthy be allowed to steal money from them to invest and become wealthier?
those at "the bottom end of the income ladder" pay almost no federal income taxes....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072896 Feb 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Where were you when the November 29th polls showed Christie to be the Republican Presidential front runner with Rand Paul and Paul Ryan in distant second and third positions.
Seems you are on the outside looking in when it concerns your party. Must be frustrating to watch your party go down the tubes.
they were polling saboteurs like you NYC Bocajews.....

besides, Christie 15%, Conservatives 85% is pretty decisive....

DemoKKKrats are going down the tubes because of ObamaKKKare...
ptbw forever

Louisville, KY

#1072897 Feb 1, 2014
Pere du Champ wrote:
Face it, Christie is dead in the water as a presidential candidate, and none of your Teaparty nuts has a chance of defeating Hillary Clinton. The GOP at this point has no moderate or even marginally electable candidates. Whachagonnado, run Romney again? LOL!!!
If those 4 are so crazy then they should run as Democrats. Democrats love crazies representing them.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072898 Feb 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
I did not know it was Black History month until I saw Google's Homepage portrait of Harriet Tubman. It's good to have people like "ptbw" reminded of the Underground Railroad and the history that surrounds those advancements in American History.
small victories are little compensation for the miserable state of Black America....

as Obama focuses like a laser on homosexuals and taking jobs from blacks to give to Mexicans while blacks remain unemployed and in poverty....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072899 Feb 1, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that Perkins is suffering from dementia or something; wants attention. I liked the proposal from the Republican in CA regarding $12.00 minimum wage that would end subsidies; a couple can survive on $50,000. Pay people enough so that they can pay their bills and the subsidies are not necessary. He said that Walmart would only have to raise it's prices 1%; once; to accomplish this. Sounds like a win/win to me. His name is Ron Unz; I listened to his interview on NPR the other day; he makes a lot of sense.
http://www.alternet.org/economy/ron-unz-makes...
bullshit as far as ending subsidies...

ObamaKKKare gives taxpayer dollars to people earning $94,200 per year....guess the minimum wage needs to be $45.29 per hour to end subsidies....

and that clown is a leftwing Libertarian, not a Republican...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1072901 Feb 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
those at "the bottom end of the income ladder" pay almost no federal income taxes....
Unlike the top 10%, they pay their fair share.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1072902 Feb 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Clintons economy looked so rosy because of the Dot.com boom, is that what you mean?
At any rate the subject is the liar in chief failure Barry Bongo, the crappy economy and the lack of jobs.
reminder, dems own the mortgage disaster 100%
lol! Psst! That was capitalist greed that caused the mortgage disaster son!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1072903 Feb 1, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
An idiot like you demanding respect and calling someone else arrogant. LOL
Remind me how tall, "bad ass" and how much you weigh musclehead. I was laughing my ass off the first time.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1072904 Feb 1, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
christie is out, jeb bush and his hispanic wife and kids are in, stop beating a dead horse, foolish one. No republican is going to pay for the governor of NJ, however all dems are going to pay for the abortion known as Obamakare and Barry's and Harry's crappy economy.
These 2 douchebags have done nothing for the economy, zero,squat, zip, nada.
Wise up/
lol! No one wants ANOTHER bushie boy in the wh son.

no one with any brains at least!!!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1072905 Feb 1, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There are easily 30 Wallyworlds and several Sams clubs within a half hours drive from my home. Research? WTF is that? I am however an inquisitive sort so when you posted a link to your Brainard JayCee's ice fishing tourney I clicked on and looked it over real well. Then I checked out your local C.o.C. to learn that you all have a new director that some of the local folk are suspicious of. Hah__just like down here. Of course there are probably 30 C.o.C's within a half hours drive from my home.
At the risk of having fun with words $8.00 per hour is a salary correct? I'm left thinking that all the employee's are salaried__can't think of any that would be on straight commission except perhaps the optometrist.
Should add that my part of the state is a 24/7/365 sort of place.
Well, no, it's an hourly wage. Salaried employees are not paid by the hour.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1072906 Feb 1, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what RINO's and "moderates" get us? NOTHING! As soon as a conservative with balls enough to advocate closing the border, address Christian persecution, foreign and domestic, calls Muslims terrorists and vows to end the welfare state, we'll have a candidate that'll waltz into the White House.
lol! Any yet, no one is really stupid enough to do that!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1072907 Feb 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
bullshit as far as ending subsidies...
ObamaKKKare gives taxpayer dollars to people earning $94,200 per year....guess the minimum wage needs to be $45.29 per hour to end subsidies....
and that clown is a leftwing Libertarian, not a Republican...
The subsidies he is speaking of are foodstamps, EITC, child tax credits; read the essay, you might learn something. He said he is a conservative.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1072908 Feb 1, 2014
Pere du Champ wrote:
Christie will just drag down the GOP position into the maelstrom.

No GOP candidate will be able to escape it...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1072909 Feb 1, 2014
Pere du Champ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused. You must watch Faux News and listen to Mush Lamebrain a lot.
Ending welfare only addresses a symptom. The lack of good jobs is the cause, corporate malfeasance smashing Unions and moving jobs overseas. That is what should be addressed. Start by raising the minimum wage to $11/hr.
Workers deserve to have enough money to spend and not having to choose between heat and food, or go on govt aid though employed.
We've got healthcare, now let's do the rest of what is required to bring the backasswards U$A up to the standards of the rest of the developed world.
End the prison-industrial complex.
End the military-industrial complex.
End the collusion of corporations via lobbyist money and govt via sold-out politicians.
Wrong. Judging by the talking points, your best bet is to pray Obama gets lucky.

Location hidden

#1072910 Feb 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
they were polling saboteurs like you NYC Bocajews.....
besides, Christie 15%, Conservatives 85% is pretty decisive....
DemoKKKrats are going down the tubes because of ObamaKKKare...
Aren't you getting tired of playing the martyr? The only one sabotaging the Republican party is your radical reich wing and party hardliners. Your party is flailing in the wind of our own civil war.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1072911 Feb 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you getting tired of playing the martyr? The only one sabotaging the Republican party is your radical reich wing and party hardliners. Your party is flailing in the wind of our own civil war.
Yuuuuup!

Location hidden

#1072912 Feb 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
small victories are little compensation for the miserable state of Black America....
as Obama focuses like a laser on homosexuals and taking jobs from blacks to give to Mexicans while blacks remain unemployed and in poverty....
Since Obama took office, the number of Pell Grant recipients has risen by 3 million a 50 percent increase since 2008. We don't expect to see the results of increased educational opportunities like the Promise Neighborhoods program for many years to come but that doesn't mean Obama hasn't made a difference.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072913 Feb 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike the top 10%, they pay their fair share.
"fair share" is a meaningless term and nothing is no share at all....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,653
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Grand Birther 179,351
A young black kid asks his mother, "Mama what's... 12 min LittlejigsRPigs 11
GOP Votes go 2 dem. votes. 15 min DEATH2Them 3
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 min JOEL 70,084
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 50,619
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr scirocco 47,496
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]